Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

It’s about ghislaine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I know it's not the point, but I can't get past the weird idea of it seeming like someone else is filming it only for it to become a selfie part way through.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Things are really seeming to fall apart for LeBeouf.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/shia-labeouf-career-abuse-allegations-1234874581/

He left Olivia Wilde's next movie a few months ago, and at the time it was rumored to be because of "scheduling conflicts". Now it's being reported that he was fired because everyone loving hated working with him.

quote:

It turns out that wasn’t the full story. Variety has learned LaBeouf was dropped from the film. Though shooting had not started yet when LaBeouf departed, insiders close to the project say LaBeouf displayed poor behavior and his style clashed with the cast and crew, including Wilde, who ultimately fired him.

“He is not an easy guy to work with,” a source close to the film says, adding that LaBeouf was “off-putting” to those associated with the project, particularly Wilde, who is known to build collaborative sets with a “zero rear end in a top hat policy.”

Last week, Wilde was one of many women who lent their support on social media to FKA Twigs, the singer, dancer and actress, who dated LaBeouf for roughly a year after meeting him on the set of “Honey Boy.” Last week, FKA Twigs made headlines after she filed a bombshell lawsuit, alleging sexual battery against the actor and painting a lurid picture of the former Disney child star, who was accused of verbal and physical abuse, ranging from violent attacks to strangulation.

Stories like this, coupled with the (obviously more serious) abuse suit may kill his career once and for all.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

Stories like this, coupled with the (obviously more serious) abuse suit may kill his career once and for all.

This won't hurt him that much, sadly. The reason why LaBeouf's career has been so eclectic lately is that much like Daniel Radcliffe and Robert Pattinson, he made so much money early in his career that he decided to just gently caress around and do whatever he wants. That might come to an end, sure, but he won't have to get a job at McDonald's or anything.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea isn't this exactly what happened (minus the assault stuff I guess?) for his post Transformers career? He tried to do some stuff, nobody liked working with him so he went into his weird performance art poo poo that he can do solo, and now he's trying to do movies again and everyone hates him yet again. He's gonna do some weird poo poo for a couple years.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Nah, he actually just went on a streak of being in a bunch of poo poo with big name actors and directors directly after Transformers 3. Like to be fair he also lost gigs due to being a tremendous rear end in a top hat with brain problems, but it didn't hurt him getting high profile work any.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
he'll make Honeyboy 2 where he plays himself and his father and everyone will wank off about how brave it is again

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I cant find the video but in one of his infamous fist fights Shia got beat up and someone yelled "where's Bumblebee now?"

I will keep looking.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

One of the more famous stories is Shia getting fired from a play with Alec Baldwin. This happened after Shia showed up at acting classes Baldwin was teaching to harass him, because he didn't like that Baldwin wasn't memorizing his lines as quickly. Ben Foster filled in for Shia.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sodomy Hussein posted:

One of the more famous stories is Shia getting fired from a play with Alec Baldwin. This happened after Shia showed up at acting classes Baldwin was teaching to harass him, because he didn't like that Baldwin wasn't memorizing his lines as quickly. Ben Foster filled in for Shia.

Imagine working with Alec Baldwin and still being the biggest rear end in a top hat there

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Update to the Danny Masterson cases.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/danny-masterson-cases-must-go-through-church-of-scientology-mediation-judge-rules-1234663779/

quote:

A judge has ruled that stalking and intimidation cases brought by four women against actor Danny Masterson must be mediated by the Church of Scientology.

On Wednesday, Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Steven Kleifield ruled that the civil complaints must be settled by the Church of Scientology in “religious arbitration” because an arbitration agreement already exists that compels any disputes to be handled in that manner.

That means harassment complaints from Chrissie Carnell Bixler, her husband, musician Cedric Bixler-Zavala, and two Jane Does are now back in the Church’s hands. The judge did not rule on a similar complaint by Marie Bobette Riales , who was not a Church of Scientology member and did not have an arbitration agreement.

Masterson is scheduled for arraignment on three charges of rape between 2001 and 2003 on Jan. 6. That criminal case is still moving forward, but could be postponed by courts that are struggling to keep up with backlogs during the pandemic.

The women claimed Masterson raped or sexually assaulted them in the early 2000s, but did not report the assaults to the LAPD until late 2016 and early 2017. After talking to the police, they claimed they were harassed and threatened by alleged agents of the Church of Scientology.

I'm sure the Church of Scientology deacons or whatever are going to be real fair when adjudicating this.

Forced mediation should be loving illegal.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That religious arbitration is a thing at all indicates the USA is a third world country.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That religious arbitration is a thing at all indicates the USA is a third world country.

The origin of the phrase "third world country" meant countries that weren't aligned with the US or the USSR during the cold war.

We're a trash country.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

pentyne posted:

https://deadline.com/2020/12/danny-masterson-cases-must-go-through-church-of-scientology-mediation-judge-rules-1234663779/

I'm sure the Church of Scientology deacons or whatever are going to be real fair when adjudicating this.

I've recently listened to a podcast guest starring Mike Rinder (the ex-Scientology fixer who left and now does a bunch of anti Scientology shows and podcasts with Leah Remini) and he said that Scientology's obsession with being recognized as a religion and getting tax exemption was never about the money (they have plenty of that) but because of the butt load of legal protections and lack of prosecution that churches get under freedom of religion laws. This is a prime example.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Skwirl posted:

The origin of the phrase "third world country" meant countries that weren't aligned with the US or the USSR during the cold war.

We're a trash country.

I believe the modern term is "shithole"

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

pentyne posted:

This is garbage. At least the criminal case is still moving forward, but this is still garbage.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Oh no, that's horrible!

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I noticed this on twitter trending. It's the story that never dies. Anyway, it's a bad look for Heard.

This is notable because she testified in UK court that she had donated all of her settlement to charity.

https://twitter.com/ThatBrianFella/status/1347259483484000257?s=19

DrVenkman fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 8, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

DrVenkman posted:

I noticed this on twitter trending. It's the story that never dies. Anyway, it's a bad look for Heard.

This is notable because she testified in UK court that she had donated all of her settlement to charity.

https://twitter.com/ThatBrianFella/status/1347259483484000257?s=19

Do you have source that isn't

quote:

Actor-Artist-Dreamer
and a part-time investigator/journalist on here, Instagram (IncrediblyAverageBrian) & YouTube.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
It's a Daily Mail exclusive, apparently. Supposedly it is coming from Depp's lawyers. Daily Mail's reputation aside, I assume they wouldn't just make up the lawyers' saying it or forge their own documents. Might not be verified, but it is the latest turn.

So grain of salt, yada, yada, yada.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9118921/Johnny-Depp-accuses-Amber-Heard-taking-7M-settlement-lying-giving-charity.html

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
A rich celeb welshing on a donation is nothing new or interesting.

Pretty sure by now everyone thinks Depp is a drunken, drug addled mess of an abuser and Heard is a raging manipulative pyschopath (also an abuser? not sure how that shook out). Not really sure if people are still lining up to seriously argue a "side" if there even is one.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

DrVenkman posted:

Really has nothing to do with sexual assault though.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Some of the "grand old men" of Danish television have been fired for allegations dating back around 20 years. One (Jens Gaardbo) has kept a fairly low profile, the other (Jes Dorph-Petersen) is all :qq: about it.

Can't find any English articles, but so far MeToo is having actual consequences here.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/kristinhallNZ/status/1339808505155342339

disappointed but not surprised

weta basically buried it

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
PS: Richard Taylor is one of the shitfucks that was involved in the rollback on film crew rights in New Zealand, as he and Peter Jackson screamed till they were blue in the face about non-existent threats of industrial action on The Hobbit, and has continued to lie about it since. gently caress him.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Holy poo poo if the Armie Hammer rumors are true... :stonk:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

LionArcher posted:

You can't just drop that without more info

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

LionArcher posted:

There was a period where he didn't know likes on twitter were public and he liked weird sex poo poo but I hadn't heard anything else.

somebodyelse
Jul 20, 2013

LionArcher posted:

I don't know what rumors you're talking about, but man.
https://twitter.com/tevinauguste/status/1348356976867213316

:yikes:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Call Me By Your Combo Number

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Sorry to Bother You but I want to drink your blood

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
2021 off to a strong start, I see.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Call Me By Your Hemoglobin

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
How is everyone missing "Call Me By Your Vein"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

The Social Network is where I post Horny

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Like, I'm not going to kinkshame someone for being into BDSM, which Hammer clearly is. But my understanding is that these leaks maybe came from something more serious though I'm not sure how substantiated that is.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

DrVenkman posted:

Like, I'm not going to kinkshame someone for being into BDSM, which Hammer clearly is. But my understanding is that these leaks maybe came from something more serious though I'm not sure how substantiated that is.

Was it consensuel or non-consensual BDSM? Because that makes a big difference.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Was it consensuel or non-consensual BDSM? Because that makes a big difference.

Isn't that just rape?

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

pentyne posted:

Isn't that just rape?

Within the context of the fantasy. Like how you can be into doctor/patient roleplay while also knowing that would be a horrible breach of professionalism and power in real life.

e: although Hammer appears to be very into blood IRL. Which is a creepy fetish to have but isn't unknown.

bewilderment fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jan 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Who else had a blood fetish?