Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cartoon Man posted:

The second wave of hoarding happened right before the vaccine news hit. After that it started calming down again.

idk i was at Target a couple of days doing some last minute shopping and the multiple entire tp/paper towel aisles were just completely wiped barren, it was weird.

maybe Costco is better now too but last i went even before the "second wave" all the paper towels were gone (tp was there though).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I miss free samples, I get why they're gone, but I never really thought about how much they added to the experience.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Boba Pearl posted:

I miss free samples, I get why they're gone, but I never really thought about how much they added to the experience.
A sea of angry old and stupid idiots leaving carts in the middle of endcap aisles? gently caress that poo poo.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FilthyImp posted:

A sea of angry old and stupid idiots leaving carts in the middle of endcap aisles? gently caress that poo poo.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The samples seem to be back at the costcos here but gently caress that poo poo I'm masked up. They seem to be very not busy, so most people are bypassing them as well.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Ours has samples but they aren't actually giving anything out, so there'll be an employee with a forbidden bowl of tortellini like some kind of food museum display.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Mercury Hat posted:

Ours has samples on display but they aren't actually giving anything out, so there'll be an employee with a forbidden bowl of tortellini like some kind of food museum display.

They should make them out of plastic/wax like those food displays for asian restaurants

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

rufius posted:

Trip report on A5 Wagyu: big hit with all 3.5 of us (3 adults and a toddler).

10 out of 10, Would absolutely buy again for a holiday or special occasion.

:vince:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Mercury Hat posted:

Ours has samples but they aren't actually giving anything out, so there'll be an employee with a forbidden bowl of tortellini like some kind of food museum display.

Mods

Forbidden Tortellini

You know what to do

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Made a quick run before the store closed this evening. Only freezers they seemed to have were hulking 15 cu ft ones, so no go on that. Didn't see any jamón either. Just grabbed a bunch of the usuals.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i got a new Ninja blender for xmas. im back on the wagon and diet routine after the new years.

need to hit up the joint for bags of frozen fruit because its smoothie time pardner :clint:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Ninja blender whips nuts, definitely a good come up

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

The 23rd/24th saw a church with a whole pallet of jamon.

Today, the jamon was nowhere in sight. No half priced hams here. I was sad, but then I bought two whole chuck sub primals for tamales.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Surely they have more hams in the back. There must be more hams!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Chinatown posted:

i got a new Ninja blender for xmas. im back on the wagon and diet routine after the new years.

need to hit up the joint for bags of frozen fruit because its smoothie time pardner :clint:

I love the peach, mango, pineapple, strawberry blend they have. Throw that with some spinach, oat milk, orange juice, and protein powder for a breakfast smoothie that lasts me until lunch.
It's too bad they don't sell oat milk (or at least I can't find it at all my store.)

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The two pack of Eddie Bauer joggers for like $12 are God tier

My local church was full of Jamon but I did not partake

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

FilthyImp posted:

This so god damned much.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Xaris posted:

idk i was at Target a couple of days doing some last minute shopping and the multiple entire tp/paper towel aisles were just completely wiped barren, it was weird.

maybe Costco is better now too but last i went even before the "second wave" all the paper towels were gone (tp was there though).

I ran in to Costco two days before Christmas and they had some TP, but it was some weird brand with a 1-per-customer limit. They had a sign out front letting you know they had no wipes. I don't remember seeing paper towels, but they had lots of napkins.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

its all nice on rice posted:

I love the peach, mango, pineapple, strawberry blend they have. Throw that with some spinach, oat milk, orange juice, and protein powder for a breakfast smoothie that lasts me until lunch.
It's too bad they don't sell oat milk (or at least I can't find it at all my store.)

thanks for this. im all about green smoothies, and i usually have the 3 pack of silk almond in my fridge.

definitely gonna try a smoothie-for-lunch diet for a few weeks to see what that yields me

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Chinatown posted:

You've also unlocked the easy road to dope marinades/sauces. Like this.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ShowTime posted:

Two Good yogurt. Low calorie/low carb. It's weird to be excited about yogurt but gently caress if it's not my one of my favorite foods and usually loaded with sugar.

I tried those once. Chonani's lower sugar yogurt is better, the Two Good is, like, lacking on flavor I feel. I didn't enjoy, but you might!

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

its all nice on rice posted:

We have 6 packs of oat milk here in Oregon for 10 bucks I think. It's good stuff.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

sexy tiger boobs posted:

We have 6 packs of oat milk here in Oregon for 10 bucks I think. It's good stuff.

I gotta keep my eye out for that. Insomnia Coffee introduced my teenager to the oat milk chai latte and now it's a frequent add on to our shopping list.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Sweet Jesus I need to find this in my store.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

fischtick posted:

I gotta keep my eye out for that. Insomnia Coffee introduced my teenager to the oat milk chai latte and now it's a frequent add on to our shopping list.

Buying premade is easy and convenient, but making your own of any of these taste better and are not difficult. In the case of oat milk you just need a vitamix or ninja high speed blender, conveniently located on the appliance asile.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Dropped some Minh brand frozen egg rolls into the ol’ air fryer and hoo boy life is good right now when I can eat 16 egg rolls in a sitting if I so chooose.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Washout posted:

Buying premade is easy and convenient, but making your own of any of these taste better and are not difficult. In the case of oat milk you just need a vitamix or ninja high speed blender, conveniently located on the appliance asile.
Any good recipes? I tried once and over-blended turning it into more of an oat-ooblex

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

sexy tiger boobs posted:

drat! They have double half gallons of oatmilk at ours. It was regular but now extra creamy and drat it's great. Longer shelf life than milk but goes bad quick when opened. 7-10 days. I had the displeasure of finding that out in a bowl of cereal. It tasted so weird too, it was bitter. In the sweet cereal I kept thinking it was an off bite or something until I figured it out. Since the container is good until two months out I didn't realize the product goes off when opened. Sadly I don't think we drink it fast enough but it's cheap enough.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

FilthyImp posted:

Any good recipes? I tried once and over-blended turning it into more of an oat-ooblex

I've got more experience with nut (horchata) and coconut milk, but the internet just says be sure not to overblend and strain it well before storing.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
one $227 Costco trip later I have successfully picked up the $0.55 medication from the pharmacy

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Hed posted:

one $227 Costco trip later I have successfully picked up the $0.55 medication from the pharmacy

There’s a good thread title.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

:ck5:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Hed posted:

But did you pick up the $1.50 medication from the food court?

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Martman posted:

But did you pick up the $1.50 medication from the food court?

$1.50 hot beef injection!

morethanjake32
Apr 5, 2009
Finally went back to church- ( praise be)
No dog, but I finally got the bark box toys dog toys I have been seeing online but 1st time in store. Stocked up on the necessities of Kirkland vodka, Zara rum, Traeger pellets,and a bonus apple pie from the bakery, plus another pile of stuff that got me to three bills. 10/10 would recommend. Also decided to try the chickpea marsala packets in the dry foods, will report back.
In other news, my citi/ Costco rewards balance is about 4x last years. Wife said we can blow it at the co’. 800 bux worth of led shop lights?

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

morethanjake32 posted:

In other news, my citi/ Costco rewards balance is about 4x last years. Wife said we can blow it at the co’. 800 bux worth of led shop lights?

4 to 6 prime top loins.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Went to buy the weighted blanket I saw on sale the last time I was in. Sadly not on sale anymore.

However:

sexy tiger boobs posted:

I found it!! Not the extra creamy I prefer, but it's still good!

morethanjake32
Apr 5, 2009

Pershing posted:

4 to 6 prime top loins.

3 loins and a chest freezer maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not_that_hardcore
Jul 7, 2017

I browsed this thread back in, like, February/March? Mostly because I knew the pandemic was going to be a -thing- and was curious what people were thinking in terms of bulk ordering at these types of stores. I'll catch up on the thread but mostly I have a question --

Are there any similar threads for BJ's? I have search but I found none -- but maybe didn't search the right words or the wrong boards, I don't know.

BJ's is close to my home and has online order/curbside pickup. I'd loooove a Costco but it's a few hours drive from here and that makes no sense at the moment.

I envy you Costco folks though - this thread makes it sound amazing and I will look into it for certain purchases in the future.

In the meantime, I have a BJs (guest) membership, and I am placing my billionth order this year. I'm wondering about "promo codes" - there's a box in the checkout page with a field to type/paste a promo code. They must exist but I can't find them. I'm about to drop like $400 on another order, so I figure I should look into these promo codes. I checked the usual sites that come up when you search but none of the codes are active.

I'm also not the primary membership person (this is probably why I'm not getting promo codes? please confirm/deny). I'm using a guest membership from my partner's parent's membership. We never thought we'd use it so much but now it makes sense to get our own membership because we use it so often. I will enroll in a new membership after this new years eve order.