Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

gently caress's sake, we have a punctured tire on the highway. There go the xmas plans :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
14 - a cursed number best known for being the bomber of words in that Nazi slogan. Let us post hard, gentlegoons, so that we may leave this forsaken page.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Jakabite posted:

14 - a cursed number best known for being the number of words in that Nazi slogan. Let us post hard, gentlegoons, so that we may leave this forsaken page.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Post isn’t edit but in this case, I’m glad.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm posting.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/WarrenIsDead/status/1342496495661174785?s=19

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I'll have to try the Expanse again. I watched the first couple episodes when they came out and thought the scifi was cool, but the characters and writing a bit cliched. "Smart clever captain" "Big buff dude who says "gently caress"", "Sexy smart chick". I guess I'm okay with the stereotypes, but I remember thinking some of the dialogue was on the level of "I could have written this". I'm not a writer.

I've now heard it mentioned here and from two other places in the last 3 days though, so obviously karma wants me to try watching it again.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Yeah they work pretty well on those. Amos in particular is a Great character.

I got some beer soap for christmas!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Internetjack posted:

I'll have to try the Expanse again. I watched the first couple episodes when they came out and thought the scifi was cool, but the characters and writing a bit cliched. "Smart clever captain" "Big buff dude who says "gently caress"", "Sexy smart chick". I guess I'm okay with the stereotypes, but I remember thinking some of the dialogue was on the level of "I could have written this". I'm not a writer.

The "main" character Holden is definitely like that. I think he stands out as the most egregious because his character just isn't that interesting or even fun to watch like his crewmates are. Just straight laced serious goody two shoes captain guy

Senator Sprinkles
Aug 16, 2008

Im sure if we just try harder we can reach our goal

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

ARE WE THERE YET??

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

The "main" character Holden is definitely like that. I think he stands out as the most egregious because his character just isn't that interesting or even fun to watch like his crewmates are. Just straight laced serious goody two shoes captain guy

To be fair he becomes quite fun for how much of a doe eyed, affable dumb dumb he is.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Jakabite posted:

To be fair he becomes quite fun for how much of a doe eyed, affable dumb dumb he is.

and people give him poo poo for it all the time

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I'm 2 episodes into The Expanse and it's ok so far. I kinda wish the story would just focus on the people on the ship because so far I don't really care about the other stuff.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Yeah it’s kind of the point of him. He’s an idiotic idealist who’s terrible at politics and genuinely does just stumble out of the right end of things on sheer dumb luck, the fact he’s got amazing people around him, and a few other factors that would be spoilers. He’s also the only character who’s uncompromisingly trying to do ‘the right thing’ though - he’s the moral core of the crew with all the issues that’s obviously going to bring up (dragging people into suicide missions because he just has to be a good person, etc.)

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

You should all watch the new Pixar movie, Soul, it's really good. It grabbed me right from the beginning and washed away the bad taste left behind by Wonder Woman 84.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Tip posted:

I've tried to watch the Expanse a couple times but I got distracted. I'm not sure if it's the first episode's fault or just my chronic lack of attention.

Please sell me on it, I keep hearing it's good but that's practically all I know other than it's a space show. How is it good? What's the tone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7HexX3Oxso

Mach 30
Dec 16, 2005
That's faster than most planes can go!!!
I'm helping

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
my phones alarm isnt set to go off until 2 days 14 hours and 6 minutes from now :cool:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

So what did y'all get for Christmas?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i faked my enthusiasm through the entire present-opening. 2 years in a row i faked it
didnt fake it 3 years ago. got a nice coat. was spurting enthusiasm all over the place

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I got 2 sets of sheets, one from my sister and one from my mother.

My mom was poo poo talking the sheets my sister gave me, she was like, "Only 600 threads? I got you 1800 thread count."

Now I'm laughing because I googled about thread counts and anything above 1000 is just a total fabrication.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Tip posted:

I got 2 sets of sheets, one from my sister and one from my mother.

My mom was poo poo talking the sheets my sister gave me, she was like, "Only 600 threads? I got you 1800 thread count."

Now I'm laughing because I googled about thread counts and anything above 1000 is just a total fabrication.

FABRICation haha

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
How are you gentlemen!!

You are on the way to 1000 pages.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Leto#2014%E2%80%93present:_From_Suicide_Squad_to_America posted:

In December of that year, Warner Bros. confirmed that Leto would play the role of the Joker in Suicide Squad (2016), a supervillain film based on the comic book series of the same name.[101] The film opened to generally negative reviews from critics, but Leto's performance was praised despite his character's limited screen time.[102][103] In April 2016, it was announced that Leto would appear in the film The Outsider (2018), directed by Martin Zandvliet.[104][105][106]
thats not how i remember it

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

gary oldmans diary posted:

thats not how i remember it

Leto editing his own page

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

How many pages to go? Is someone keeping a spreadsheet so we don't lose track?

cnut
May 3, 2016

Stoatbringer posted:

How many pages to go? Is someone keeping a spreadsheet so we don't lose track?

Just 4 more, buddy.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cnut posted:

Just 4 more, buddy.

All the jokes have been larfed, all the songs have been sung, all the maths have been known. All the clowns have been dunked. :dunkedon:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

cnut posted:

Just 4 more, buddy.

Always jam tomorrow, just keep posting

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
I think we need to pick up the pace folks

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

promising carl posted:

I think we need to pick up the pace folks

You can help out by posting something controversial

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I know a guy who takes off all of his clothes every time he shits and wipes towards his balls through his legs. Like even in a nightclub, everything off. Festival portaloo? All off. At dinner with a friends parents at their house? Naked as the day he was born, dropping the kids off at the pool. What are goons’ opinions on this

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Jakabite posted:

I know a guy who takes off all of his clothes every time he shits and wipes towards his balls through his legs. Like even in a nightclub, everything off. Festival portaloo? All off. At dinner with a friends parents at their house? Naked as the day he was born, dropping the kids off at the pool. What are goons’ opinions on this

So he hangs up his clothes somewhere? What if theres no hook, does he just put his clothes on the gross public restroom floor?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Jakabite posted:

FABRICation haha

After writing that post I noticed the fabrication thing and that my rant about threads not going over 1000 seemed like some kind of meta joke about this thread.

Anyone have any ideas about how to punish your subconscious for peppering your writings with secret puns and hidden meanings?

I'm thinking maybe just give myself an electric shock every time I notice it's happened.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So he hangs up his clothes somewhere? What if theres no hook, does he just put his clothes on the gross public restroom floor?

If there’s a hook they go on the hook. Otherwise they’re going on the floor or another surface.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Jakabite posted:

If there’s a hook they go on the hook. Otherwise they’re going on the floor or another surface.

Someone should throw him on the floor.

After they beat him up.

For being such dork.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

You can help out by posting something controversial

Kim Kardashian's bum is too big.

There, I said it.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Jakabite posted:

the guy is definitely you

a nude deuce is strangely comfortable. maybe its knowing youre ready to shower if you poop with such explosive force that your clothes wouldve been collateral damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

gary oldmans diary posted:

the guy is definitely you

a nude deuce is strangely comfortable. maybe its knowing youre ready to shower if you poop with such explosive force that your clothes wouldve been collateral damage

If your clothes are ever collateral damage from pooping you're doing something very wrong.

When I was in 7th grade I sat next to a very quiet girl in math class. One day she left to use the restroom and when she came back there was a yellow spot on the right shoulder of her white shirt.

I was baffled by it and blurted out, "Did you pee on your shoulder?" She said yes and then looked very sad.

I immediately felt bad for calling it out so I held back on further questions, but God I still have so many questions.