Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013

Hobo Clown posted:

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this but is Fallen Order worth checking out? I've heard pretty mixed reviews but it's currently on sale and I need something to fill the void while Cyberpunk sorts its poo poo out

It's on EA Play (not PlayPro) so depending on how much time you have to play I would recommend subbing for one month and playing it through that. Either way, I would say it is worth checking out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Thanks goons, I think I'm gonna check it out!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/Rodriguez/status/1342349674334748672?s=19

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Hobo Clown posted:

Not sure if this is the correct thread for this but is Fallen Order worth checking out? I've heard pretty mixed reviews but it's currently on sale and I need something to fill the void while Cyberpunk sorts its poo poo out

I have a few issues with it here and there that I've mentioned in various threads (maybe this one?), but overall I really liked it, and if it's on sale, absolutely go for it. It's a lot of fun.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’s real good. Some questionable platforming here and there, some annoying backtracking, but combat is good, bosses are good, story is ok, lightsaber customization is A++

Agree with everything except the lightsaber bit. Except for being able to switch between single- and double-bladed, I felt the customization options were purely cosmetic.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dave Syndrome posted:

Agree with everything except the lightsaber bit. Except for being able to switch between single- and double-bladed, I felt the customization options were purely cosmetic.

I liked the cosmetics. Stuff like the kyber crystals / beam colors having distinct sounds and effects added a lot to the personalization even though the rest like hilts you’ll barely see / notice in-game

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I liked the cosmetics. Stuff like the kyber crystals / beam colors having distinct sounds and effects added a lot to the personalization even though the rest like hilts you’ll barely see / notice in-game

The game actually highlights your lightsaber in a lot of cutscenes - the final boss literally zooms out from your lightsaber as you ignite it to begin the fight

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
After watching wonder woman 84 I'm worried about rogue squadron

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

site posted:

After watching wonder woman 84 I'm worried about rogue squadron

As long as they keep the “on foot” base infiltration poo poo to a minimum, I’ll be fine.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

As long as they keep the “on foot” base infiltration poo poo to a minimum, I’ll be fine.

That’s the sequel, Wraith Squadron :getin:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Heh, I’m down for something like that, but leave Rogue Squadron in the cockpit where it belongs. Downtime drama in the hangar is fine in between missions.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
WW84’s biggest problems are plot and casting, and I’m confident Patty will have a better writing partner than Geoff “Hal Jordan” Johns for Rogue Squadron. It’s just a mediocre DC movie, not some disastrous Book of Henry situation so I’m not that worried.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

WW84’s biggest problems are plot and casting, and I’m confident Patty will have a better writing partner than Geoff “Hal Jordan” Johns for Rogue Squadron. It’s just a mediocre DC movie, not some disastrous Book of Henry situation so I’m not that worried.

The action design in WW84 was pretty bad, but it's unclear how much of that was Patty or the second unit so :shrug:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

teagone posted:

The action design in WW84 was pretty bad, but it's unclear how much of that was Patty or the second unit so :shrug:

I get big “covid really hosed up post production” vibes from the whole movie, so it’s tough to tell.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Rogue Squadron is going to be a complete non starter if there is no "yub yub Commander"

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I get big “covid really hosed up post production” vibes from the whole movie, so it’s tough to tell.

WW84 was originally supposed to be released in theaters November 2019 before it got pushed back to June 2020 in October 2018—and then COVID happened. The final cut had to have been completed before COVID hit. We know this because Patty Jenkins talked about how the delay was a blessing to further polish up the CG effects and editing... lol.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

teagone posted:

Thankfully, X-wing / space dogfighting that’s like 100% cgi should be a lot easier to not gently caress up unlike trying to make a person run alongside trucks and poo poo.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Icon Of Sin posted:

That’s the sequel, Wraith Squadron :getin:

You never played Rogue Squadron III Rebel Strike did you.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
They should have a movie called B-Wing: The Movie and it’s just B-Wings doin’ things.

In space. But maybe also in atmosphere?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Fallen order players: three planets in, does the game ever get more story/character heavy or is it just nonstop parkour with optional ship banter sprinkled in

Dingleberry2
Jul 23, 2001

Kind of depends on what order you do the planets in, but the story is mainly just cutscenes sprinkled along the way.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Dingleberry2 posted:

Kind of depends on what order you do the planets in, but the story is mainly just cutscenes sprinkled along the way.

Bah

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Gonz posted:

They should have a movie called B-Wing: The Movie and it’s just B-Wings doin’ things.

In space. But maybe also in atmosphere?

As long as one of em has the laser beam cannon from Rebels, you got it.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Bismuth posted:

Fallen order players: three planets in, does the game ever get more story/character heavy or is it just nonstop parkour with optional ship banter sprinkled in

There's also the echo entries you can read for a little more history and information about the places you've been, but that's not Cal's story, which is mostly in the last third of the game

You'll know it when it happens, but until then, yeeeaaah, it's mostly exploring planets for fancy ponchos and lightsaber pieces, and I understand your frustration

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

I hope Jabba’s son Punky Muffin comes to challenge Boba for his birthright.

Or Punky Muffin’s dead so the claim on Jabba’s throne falls to Ziro, Jabba’s gay Southern uncle on Coruscant.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Joke Miriam posted:

I hope Jabba’s son Punky Muffin comes to challenge Boba for his birthright.

Or Punky Muffin’s dead so the claim on Jabba’s throne falls to Ziro, Jabba’s gay Southern uncle on Coruscant.

Ziro died during the Clone Wars, unfortunately

Them in live-action would've been fun - fingers crossed for Rotta to return though, although depending on Hutt growth rates, he might still be the equivalent of a child or young teen

Jabba was 604 when he died

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Vinylshadow posted:

Shot by Sy Snootles, no less.

With whom he had a torrid love affair.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Vinylshadow posted:

Them in live-action would've been fun - fingers crossed for Rotta to return though, although depending on Hutt growth rates, he might still be the equivalent of a child or young teen

Jabba was 604 when he died

"Hey kids, do you like Baby Yoda in The Mandalorian? Well you're going to LOVE Stinky the Hutt in Boba Fett!"

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Ballz posted:

"Hey kids, do you like Baby Yoda in The Mandalorian? Well you're going to LOVE Stinky the Hutt in Boba Fett!"

The five fans who loved him in the TCW movie are finally going to have their purchase of their plushie Hutt validated

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Vinylshadow posted:

There's also the echo entries you can read for a little more history and information about the places you've been, but that's not Cal's story, which is mostly in the last third of the game

You'll know it when it happens, but until then, yeeeaaah, it's mostly exploring planets for fancy ponchos and lightsaber pieces, and I understand your frustration

Yeah, i dont really count the exposition holograms because you cant interact with them, was really hoping for more :(

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ballz posted:

Unironically would love for this to happen.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rotta comes back from his uncle Grakkus and is absolutely swole

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
If they are going to use a Hutt in live action then the best choice is Master Shake Grabulla.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress now I just really want a Jabba's Palace sitcom

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cage Kicker posted:

Filmed with a live audience

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cage Kicker posted:

I mean that’s what the new Boba Fett show should be minus Jabba the Hutt.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Filmed with a currently living audience

Audience seating is over the rancor pit :twisted:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Boba just shooting people and they fall into the Rancor pit while Fennec Shand laughs.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Do two shows, Jabba's Palace and Boba's palace. Because now I want both. Except Jabba's is a sitcom and Boba's is a pirate show. Because Boba Fett totally has pirate music now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Filmed with a live audience

Maclunkey!

*audience absolutely loses their poo poo*