Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

is this the company that makes the supermarket hand baskets

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Coolguye posted:

there's a couple places like this in the Great Empty between places in kansas, one or two of which have the temerity to self-describe as a 'gentlemen's club'.

one of my day trip ideas is to unironically hang out in one of them just to see how weird of an experience it is.

to be clear, i'm not trying to pretend like i don't belong in horny jail for this post. but after seeing both the best and worst of what strip clubs have to offer in four major cities i find myself unable to quite visualize what to expect from one in the middle of nowhere. does it adhere to the small town america standard of "aggressively average, but also overtly sad and lovely" or is it the horrifying tribute to depression and decay that defines "downtown" in most of these towns

Those cheap plastic lawn chairs are saying a lot.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

CPL593H posted:

Those cheap plastic lawn chairs are saying a lot.

What they're saying is 'don't even LOOK at this front door if there's a dude or more sitting in them and two or more bikes in the lot and the door ain't already open', my friend

cnut
May 3, 2016

Chinatown posted:

is this the company that makes the supermarket hand baskets

They're baskets for little dogs.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Zugzwang posted:

but we decided the risk of getting hepatitis was too high, so we hosed off to a Waffle House instead.

Get vaccinated, go back and report on the food. I'm curious.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

cnut posted:

They're baskets for little dogs.

Sure let me head right over to my local "chain, indoor, shop while holding your pet"market that exists, could, no.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

This is loving awesome though.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
i hate america

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I have a distinct memory of reading about some super expensive wicker basket being a kind of weird beany baby collectible for Midwestern us moms. Anybody remember that or did I make it up myself?

Captain Dickweed
Mar 3, 2003

Yes, that kitty is probably the head of a multi-national conglomerated business...uh...thing.

Son of Rodney posted:

I have a distinct memory of reading about some super expensive wicker basket being a kind of weird beany baby collectible for Midwestern us moms. Anybody remember that or did I make it up myself?

Probably Longaberger, that large basket building is their corporate office. My Mom used to be into them in the 90s.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

TheAardvark posted:

Here I've included one in this post. It was literally the first image of a person at this place.

Wanna get my hands on that motorcycle

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

the north pole wars were a bloody battle

all praise The Originator.

mama mia, that's one pink man

:(

bold move putting the bear sex swing outside where bears will surely gently caress in and on it.

americanaasfuck

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

That face to head ratio though...

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

TheAardvark posted:

It means whatever you want it to friend :clint:

Yo is that the fuckin creamed corn dude doing that chick doggy style?

Edit: fuckin nicely done

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Sir Not Appearing posted:

I hope to visit this place someday.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

"This company is going to hell in a handbasket eh guys?"
- Trevor in accounting. Severl times a week.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Captain Dickweed posted:

Probably Longaberger, that large basket building is their corporate office. My Mom used to be into them in the 90s.

I think that's it, and also not too coincidentally their headquarter is the building I quoted! Anyway those are something I have never heard of outside of the US so that's very americana to me.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Fame Douglas posted:

Get vaccinated, go back and report on the food. I'm curious.
Sorry goon; I actually did get the Hep A/B vaccine since then but I live on the other side of the country now. Someone else will have to do this investigation.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

i know exactly what it smells like in there

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

TheAardvark posted:

i know exactly what it smells like in there

Is it "so much candle I can't breathe?"

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Captain Dickweed posted:

It’s deff Longaberger, my has a few and used to get really heated if they got dinged even a tiny bit.

Now she uses them to hold mail lol

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

doctorfrog posted:

Is it "so much candle I can't breathe?"

Candle, potpourri, and plastic, all in sufficient quantities to give sensitive people nose bleeds and trigger asthma sufferers.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The Bananana posted:

Wanna get my hands on that motorcycle

I can't find any place that says what it IS.

A Z1?

I have a '94 Zephyr out in the detached garage that would like to meet his grand father.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Hasturtium posted:

Candle, potpourri, and plastic, all in sufficient quantities to give sensitive people nose bleeds and trigger asthma sufferers.

love getting light headed from lack of oxygen while i look at knick knacks in a place with way too short ceilings

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

:stare:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
"Museum" generally indicates some form of curation.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

goatface posted:

"Museum" generally indicates some form of kuration.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Outrail posted:

"This company is going to hell in a handbasket eh guys?"
- Trevor in accounting. Severl times a week.

A handbasket in hell (America)

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

goatface posted:

"Museum" generally indicates some form of curation.

If you put "clown" on front of a noun it means that thing is bursting with clowns. For example clown car, clown barn, clown museum, clown college, clown coffin, clown pussy, clown town, clown dude ranch, the clowniverse, clown jeopardy, clown six flags, clown fudge, clown hospital, clown wars, clown list of examples, clown fbi, clown frasier, clown improv class, clown redtube, etc. 🤡

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

GABA ghoul posted:

before they become totally depopulated wastelands and shooting locations for horror movies about inbred mutants abducting campers or whatever

I know that movie theaters aren't doing well right now, but I don't know that there is really going to be that much demand for documentaries.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Which LaCrosse is this?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
America is so cool, I saw this one a while back and just loled when I realized that was a different barbed wire museum.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Which LaCrosse is this?

The barbed wire capital

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Waterbed Wendy posted:

:(

bold move putting the bear sex swing outside where bears will surely gently caress in and on it.

a venn diagram of people who use the word "y'all" and people who fill their house with tchotchke crap from those stores would basically be a solid circle

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Dec 28, 2020

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

shut up blegum posted:

The barbed wire capital

So....Wisconsin?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

The_Franz posted:

a venn diagram of people you use the word "y'all" and people who fill their house with tchotchke crap from those stores would basically be a solid circle

Well spotted, all of the pictures I posted were from either pigeon forge, tennessee ( home to dollywood which is cool) or Helen, ga which is a germanic tourist trap in north georgia where you can shoot the hooch (tube down the chattahoochee river)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Well spotted, all of the pictures I posted were from either pigeon forge, tennessee ( home to dollywood which is cool) or Helen, ga which is a germanic tourist trap in north georgia where you can shoot the hooch (tube down the chattahoochee river)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW5UEW2kYvc