Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Evil Mastermind posted:

Anyone have anything for Immortals: Fenyx Rising?

Use your first coins of Charon to get new god powers - not only are they useful for combat, but they really make exploring the world and solving it's puzzles less of a hassle. Hephaestus' hammer, for example, can break down broken walls, meaning you don't have to go hunting for something to throw.

In almost every tartaros map, theres a chest to find. There are quests to find a number of these, so youay as well grab them as you go through the areas. They can be found using the farsight ability, like other stuff in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Evil Mastermind posted:

Anyone have anything for Immortals: Fenyx Rising?

Do the side mission with the fallen bird first. You'll get a really useful ability in the end.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I finally beat that old game called Dungeon Master 2: Legend of Skullkeep and I'm leaving this here in case anyone decides to tackle it in the future:

Have an item list on hand, the game will tell you nothing about their stats or abilities.

The Open spell (Zo) works not just on doors, but pits as well! Those pits are rare, but you will have to use this at some point in the game.

Whenever you're stuck on a moving puzzle, make sure to try it under the Haste spell (Oh Ir Ros).

When facing a non-material enemy you can actually go inside them, it is both the safest spot and the most useless one to attack them from.

Most magical items/weapons you activate (as opposed to always-on items) have a limited number of charges, the game won't tell you how many are left until you run out. You cannot recharge them, with one notable exception.

Once you find the second teleporter panel, lock the starting village, remove the key, and use the teleporter to get in and out, to prevent thieves coming in.

Mithral Hosen are this game's Boots of Speed, but there are only 2 in the game, so ignore them because you're never getting the perma-haste unless 2+ characters die.

Magical maps will actually show you illusionary walls with the appropriate option turned on (the options go: show enemies/show secrets/show magical objects and missiles/anchor map view to current position). Be aware that enabling extra options will increase the mana drain.

Selling lots of loot from grinding is a huge hassle and will drive you crazy, here's how to streamline it:
1. Put a large item this specific merchant won't take (like a chest) on the selling table
2. Put your money box on the table.
3. Add all the items you want to sell to this merchant.
4. Remove the chest
Now the merchant will take all the items at once and put the money straight into your money box, no screwing around with taking coins each time you sell an axe.

(Speaking of axes, sell them in the starting village, they sell there for like 4 times more than in the closer spot.)

At some point in the game (for me it happened shortly after opening the Ir key door) the villain will take notice of you and send an attack drone after you that will follow you around the map and even open doors. Killing the drone isn't much use as a stronger one will be sent shortly after, what you need to do is lure it to a lockable room, close the door and remove the key from the lock. The starting room is a good spot if you're willing to lose the resurrection altar.

Near the endgame you will have to align 3 projectiles so they hit a crystal at the same time. This needs to be frame-perfect and is a massive pain in the rear end to do. You can bypass it by flipping on all 4 switches in that room and blasting the crystal with the Numenstaff's triple fireball, as the game only cares if 3 missiles hit the crystal at the same time

Also stuff that's probably in the manual, but is easy to forget:
- other merchant options: you can haggle (give a bit less money than he wants, wait and see if he agrees, if he keeps thinking add a coin), or convert your money to the highest types possible by "selling" your money box
- if you're inexplicably losing stats/capabilities you may be injured (red border around an equipment slot, bloodied bandage if you remove that item), the only way to get rid of that status is by drinking a healing potion (Vi).

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 28, 2020

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

It doesn't look like there's a page for Crusader Kings 3 yet, so is there anything I should know?

I've managed to conquer the whole of Ireland and found a tribal kingdom by AD 900, but I admit booting the Norse out of their county was mostly luck. I don't know how to develop a doom-stack large enough to deal with what I've seen some of my neighbors bludgeon each other with.

I get the impression I should be working towards switching to feudalism, but it's slow learning new inspirations, and apart from a couple of perks in the scribe skill tree, I'm not sure how to speed it up.

Random Hajile fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Dec 28, 2020

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Morpheus posted:

Use your first coins of Charon to get new god powers - not only are they useful for combat, but they really make exploring the world and solving it's puzzles less of a hassle. Hephaestus' hammer, for example, can break down broken walls, meaning you don't have to go hunting for something to throw.

In almost every tartaros map, theres a chest to find. There are quests to find a number of these, so youay as well grab them as you go through the areas. They can be found using the farsight ability, like other stuff in the game.

The Ax I think can break down walls as well. But the hammer is the first combat power I would get as well.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Anything for Sunless Skies? I'm like 90% sure I saw a post about it in here but the wiki is empty

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Sunless Skies

Tylana posted:

There was I think but I can't find it. There's a bunch of changes from Seas like trading being an actual mechanic you want to interact with and lights not burning fuel.

Most notably : Officers including your Mascot must be equipped to provide bonuses, this can only be done at port.
You used to be able to move faster for less fuel by strafing at an angle.
The hub port is on the well... hub of each map. So if you appear and are kind of lost, head to the middle.
The area through the gate you start next to is dangerous, confusing and can be kind of expensive to work in. Don't rush in.
You can tune combat difficulty at any time (IIRC?)

Also, if you played Sunless Seas :
Trading is important and makes you money
Lights don't burn fuel.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Tylana posted:

Sunless Skies

Also, if you played Sunless Seas :
Trading is important and makes you money
Lights don't burn fuel.

Cheers!

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Anyone have any advice for Anno 1800? I've played Anno 2070 before but that was a very long time ago.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Aside from those small tips, don't look anything else up. Going in blind makes the game that much better.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

I updated the wiki software. If you notice anything strange from this point on, please shout.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

blackguy32 posted:

The Ax I think can break down walls as well. But the hammer is the first combat power I would get as well.

Wait what? drat, did I seriously never try this?

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
For Return Of The Obra Dinn - should I be solving deaths as I go or watch all the memories then go back through and solve? I have like maybe 10 memories left to watch and I've only solved 7 or 8 deaths, which seems low.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

gohuskies posted:

For Return Of The Obra Dinn - should I be solving deaths as I go or watch all the memories then go back through and solve? I have like maybe 10 memories left to watch and I've only solved 7 or 8 deaths, which seems low.

Nah, you're good. That's the way I did it - I solved just the super obvious ones when watching the memories, then once I'd seen them all I went back through and started re-watching and piecing things together to solve the deaths.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

gohuskies posted:

You can solve some as you go, but others will require some backtracking and logical elimination. Iirc there's a decent handful that you can't solve until you've seen the last few memories, and some you'll probably end up solving in pairs/trios or more.

That said, a lot of the identities and some of the deaths aren't just handed to you, they'll involve careful observation as well as utilizing all the info you have at hand, including info in the journal. You'll also be able to revisit any and all memories, so you may need to go back to previous scenes to look everywhere or track someone's movements. You almost certainly won't see all of the important clues the first time you view a death scene.

When I played, I think there were maybe six or seven people I hadn't identified by the end and had to use trial and error to "lock in" three correct guesses at a time. There's some that require some extreme attention to detail and I would never have figured out without guessing, though I have since replayed it with someone who noticed what I didn't.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Morpheus posted:

Wait what? drat, did I seriously never try this?

It works. You still need rocks for weak walls you can't stand next to.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

gohuskies posted:

It's on the wiki, but it can be helpful to at least go to the picture after every memory and note if a face got unblurred, cause that tells you you now have the information to identify that person. Then again: don't get hung up on that to the point where you stop dead in your tracks after every memory.

I'll note that there are memories where you can move around the ship a lot further than it may seem at first or even second glance.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
A few for Blasphemous that aren't on the wiki.
- You can change rosary beads at any time, even in the middle of a fight.
- Parrying a heavy attack will push you back and won't give you a counterattack opportunity, but it will cancel any secondary effects that attack would've had, like shockwaves or explosions
- Some projectiles can be swatted out of the air or even launched back at the attacker.
- The 'toxin resistance' rosary trinket isn't what you're looking for to avoid damage from the green fog. That's a relic that specifically calls out granting immunity to miasma.
- The free DLC bosses are exclusive to New Game+, meaning the room with a big mirror and a bunch of statues is useless on your first run.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Dec 29, 2020

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

My Lovely Horse posted:

It's on the wiki, but it can be helpful to at least go to the picture after every memory and note if a face got unblurred, cause that tells you you now have the information to identify that person. Then again: don't get hung up on that to the point where you stop dead in your tracks after every memory.

I'll note that there are memories where you can move around the ship a lot further than it may seem at first or even second glance.

To be clear, "you have the information" does not necessarily mean "you have identified what might be the information that helps you" & it's worth just taking notes on interesting scenes and potential information as you go through and then try to finish putting everything together once you have all the information available to you.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

flatluigi posted:

To be clear, "you have the information" does not necessarily mean "you have identified what might be the information that helps you" & it's worth just taking notes on interesting scenes and potential information as you go through and then try to finish putting everything together once you have all the information available to you.

Definitely this. For example: fairly early on the game will unblur the portraits of certain female passengers on the ship. It's not likely that you'll instantly notice the reason for that.

You can try going over a scene with a fine-tooth comb but there are things you will likely not notice until you start viewing memories in order. So don't be afraid to keep unlocking new memories.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Dec 29, 2020

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

A few tips that occurred to me after playing a few hours of Demon's Souls (PS3, not Remake), experts feel free to correct:

Shields are far more powerful than in later Souls games- a 100% shield and good positioning basically makes you invincible.

World Tendency exists and is super-confusing and awful. If you don't know about it or have a specific objective in mind, it's a good idea to kill yourself in the Nexus every time you kill a boss or otherwise regain Body Form. (TL;DR: don't die in a level in body form unless you're trying to shift it towards black tendency.)

You can't level up until you kill the first boss

Pay attention to your Item Burden: if it maxes out, you lose the ability to pick stuff up.

Not actually a tip, but it might be useful if veterans could clarify which upgrade materials are safe to use- I know some can be farmed, but that there isn't enough of some mats to max out more than one or two weapons.

Omi no Kami fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Dec 29, 2020

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Hate to ask for two in a row but someone also gifted me Horizons Gate and it seems a lil dense from the outside, any tips?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Some tips for RoboQuest now that I've put a bit over 10 hours into it:

The purple orbs are (bonus) exp, but they're ALSO health orbs. If you have red health in addition to your normal health, picking up purple orbs will contribute to healing that. It makes using close range guns less punishing than they initially seem when you know that.

Hitting weak points on enemies is a guaranteed critical hit, both for damage and for perks that trigger off of crits. There are a few enemies I haven't found weak spots for, but almost all of them (including the bosses) have them.

Pay attention to your map, it's not really going to lie to you. If it says there's a treasure room on the other side of that wall, there's a way to get to it.

Keys to unlock doors persist through death, and there are some you're straight up not going to be able to use on the same run you get them (because the door they unlock is before you get the key). Any door but the final boss door stays unlocked once you do it, so don't fear "losing" a key you've picked up. The final boss door's unlock is part of the level it exists in, so you have to do it each time.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Anyone have any advice for DemonCrawl? Not the Minesweeper part -- I generally understand the strategy in Minesweeper -- but the rogue-like/RPG part of it?

I've played maybe a dozen or so times through the initial quest, getting about 7 or 8 boards in at most, and I still can't figure out what I'm supposed to be doing with items or tokens, and whether I'm making any progress after I wipe on my runs. I presume there is some rogue-like aspect here where even if I lose I am building up EXP or something that gradually makes me stronger, but for the life of my I can't figure out what it is. Any advice on those rogue-like elements?

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
Oxygen Not Included
  • If you select a configurable object, there's a Copy Settings button on the bottom right you can click then select an area to apply settings to everything in it. It's a huge convenience when setting up rows of storage lockers or farm tiles.
  • The smaller buttons in the bottom right are for giving Duplicates direct orders. The one to know about is the sweep liquids command for cleaning up spills, the rest will show as options when you select anything relevant to them or happen automatically.
  • Learn how ranching works. While the game presents it as a food source, most of its value is in the materials critters can generate. Hatches (the ones that look like headcrabs with teeth) are the easiest to start with, dreckos are good but take some setting up to make full use out of.
  • WASD scrolls the screen. I mostly prefer to navigate using the mouse, but holding mouse click then keyboard scrolling is great for laying down the big multiscreen pipelines.
  • The piping system doesn't always quite work as you'd expect for a pressurized system. Often it behaves a bit more like if the game sees the pipes as one-way roads, uses connected sources/sinks to assign directions to each section, then the gas/liquid squares act as individual cars driving along those roads. This isn't something to worry about too much, especially early on, but as your system gets more sprawling and convoluted you may run into weird things like mid-pipe clogs or junctions where one leg is empty but the others are stuck/full. A good practice to help fix these is to avoid routing pipelines directly through source/sink squares. Instead, route the pipeline alongside it and connect each one with its own single small side branch. That way the tile is only interacting with the larger system as a single pipe source or a sink rather than simultaneously trying to be both and sometimes confusing it.

On a circulating closed loop cooling system this behavior also means leaving air in the pipe actually helps it flow better. A full pipe starts to seize because no individual water square can move until the one in front of it does so they eventually all get locked up.
  • Dig aggressively, especially early on. The cracked looking blocks hide objects, which can be things like plant seeds or critters that help jump start production. You'll start needing new biomes and geysers by the time your initial water reservoirs start running out and digging's how you find them.
  • The game has a sandbox mode, you enable it in options -> Game then click the Sandbox button to turn it on. There can be a surprising amount of design and engineering in the game, so sometimes making a dummy game to figure out a solution to implement in your real one is the best way to go.

yook fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jan 1, 2021

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Two more small things for RoboQuest:

Your weapons (that have ammo) auto-reload when not in use. If you swap weapons, you'll see the icon for the weapon you just swapped off of start as an empty black color in the lower right and then fill up. When it ends up full, the weapon has passively reloaded and will be full whenever you swap back to it.

On the topic of those little weapon indicators and the colors, if you have a weapon with the "Versatile" perk (and thus its weapon card in your inventory is two colors instead of 1) you can see which stat the gun is currently using by which color its indicator in the lower right is. You don't have to actively do anything for it to change which stat it is using, it will always use the applicable one that is currently highest, so it's mostly there as an at a glance reminder of which stat you're stacking that has an effect on that weapon.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ahobday posted:

Anything for Genshin Impact?

Let's assume I'm happy to spend some money if necessary, or at the right time.

Is there anything I should be aiming for, or any gotchas I should watch out for in the progression?

I asked in the thread for extra things and this is what me and some other people came up with:

First thing to note, DON'T USE PRIMOGEMS FOR ANYTHING BESIDES WISHES. Later on when you're sitting on over a dozen characters and have thousands stored in the bank, sure, spend them if you want to, but they're very hard to acquire as you start out if you misuse them.

Gacha games are intended to be played consistently over a long period of time, as opposed to an already finished single player game like Pokemon or Yakuza or Resident Evil or what have you, it's kind of like a single player MMO. And they're still adding more content via updates so if you finish all of the story then just wait for more of the content to drop before getting back into it if you're not motivated to keep playing for extra artifacts or materials without a goal to keep working towards.

• Early on, focus on leveling one character at a time instead of splitting all your resources evenly. You'll be much stronger with one level 50 than a party of four level 35s. (I've seen some new players make this mistake and end up really weak and unable to handle bosses when their World Level increases).
  • Level your artifacts early! They're a big part of your damage, and once you replace them you can can refund 80% of the xp by using the old artifacts as upgrade fuel so there's no reason to fear "wasting" resources on upgrading the wrong artifacts.
  • Unless you plan on spending tons of money, don't set your mind on one rolling for specific character. You have no way to guarantee getting anyone in particular (other than the featured banner character), and it can take thousands of real-life dollars to obtain an off-banner 5*. (If you're just starting and have a LOT of free time, you can try to obtain a specific character by rerolling new accounts until you get them in your first few rolls. )

The game gives you 4 characters for free after you complete their initial quests: The Male/Female PC, Amber, Kaeya, and Lisa. Barbara is unlocked once you reach Adventure Rank 18 and complete the 'A Long Shot' quest and Xianling is unlocked for clearing the first 3 floors of the Spiral Abyss. (Which is actually 9 rooms because each floor has 3.)

The other way you'll unlock characters is using the wish system. Don't use Primogems to refresh resin. Gems are way harder to earn than resin is. (Resin restores 1 every 8 minutes, while Primogems are just currency, you spend them and they're gone.) The game will give you lots in the beginning, use them on that first special banner to unlock Noelle and then put the other ones to work on the standard banner in the hopes of getting new characters. As long as there isn't an event Banner going on. If there is, you should roll on that, since you've got a better chance of getting one of the newer characters as well. Don't worry too much about the weapon banner yet.

If you see any materials out in the world, pick them up, they'll probably come in handy later for powering up your units or cooking. Put an icon down on your map too, if you can see yourself motivated to go around collecting them regularly. It takes about 168 of a given plant or ore to level up a unit from 1 to 90 (though being able to level up to that point will take quite a few months)

If you're not sure what you want to spend your resin on early game and don't want to "waste" any, the best things to do are the world bosses (the cubes and the flowers) if you know which characters you want to ascend. The drops from those bosses improve the least as you increase world level and you will need many many drops from them at higher levels anyway. Once again, not a speedrunnable game, it takes 46 of world boss material to go from 1 to 90 and they usually drop two at a time. You're lucky to see 3 at once.

When you're doing domains for artifacts or weapon upgrade materials, don't be afraid to use co-op. For a lot of people starting out, you might only have one or two max leveled characters available and have to use them in an area where they're a bad match-up for the enemies. So just call in other people to help you and try to help as much as you can. Just be sure to pay attention to the dungeon effects. If using water in it causes explosions that damage everyone, stick to using a sword or bow auto attacks instead.

If this is a lot of abstract info to take in, this website spells out a lot of the item searching and collecting in a much more straightforward fashion. https://genshin.gg/

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Anything for Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate? General roguelike dungeon stuff (use corridors as bottlenecks, don't be stingy with consumables, etc) I'm familiar with; just this is my first Shiren game.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Ciaphas posted:

Anything for Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate? General roguelike dungeon stuff (use corridors as bottlenecks, don't be stingy with consumables, etc) I'm familiar with; just this is my first Shiren game.

While the main story gives you a lot of tools to save your gear after death, the game as a whole treats bringing gear into a dungeon as more of a gimmick - of the 10 main postgame dungeons only 2 let you bring items in, and while I don’t remember the numbers for the dungeon house dungeons the ratio is similar there. Don’t feel like you need to grind up an overpowered set of gear unless you want to.

In addition to block pushing puzzles, the statue cave also acts as a tutorial for a lot of the more obscure edge cases in item and trap interactions, so it’s worth going through between runs.

The ingame encyclopedia lists buy and sell prices for all items you’ve seen before, as well as whether you’ve identified them that run. It doesn’t matter too much for the story, since everything except bracelets is auto-id’d there, but it’s very useful in the postgame. For items with charges like staves the encyclopedia just lists the base value for an item with 0 charges - each charge is worth 5% of the item’s base value on top of that.

Other than that, I guess the only thing you can “mess up” is the new item system. The inn lets you create new items with randomized properties, and some dungeons will pick 6 of the new items you’ve created and add them to the drop table. There’s no way to remove items from the list until you hit the limit of 64, so it’s better not to add any bad items to the pool. But it’s not a huge deal if you do, because you can drown them out by adding more good items, and the hardest dungeons don’t allow new items to drop at all so it doesn’t matter what’s in your pool

Edit: I forgot the most important one - when combining words and phrases dark souls style to write a rescue request, you can press left or right to switch pages and see more categories to choose from. Several critical categories, such as onomatopoeia, are hidden this way.

Snake Maze fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jan 2, 2021

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

RareAcumen posted:

First thing to note, DON'T USE PRIMOGEMS FOR ANYTHING BESIDES WISHES. Later on when you're sitting on over a dozen characters and have thousands stored in the bank, sure, spend them if you want to, but they're very hard to acquire as you start out if you misuse them.

You shouldn't use gems on anything but the current character or weapon banners either. They have higher chances for whatever is on the banner, plus the pity system guarantees a 5* within 70-80 rolls, and the banner 5* on the second pity if it wasn't the first. So if you have the characters you want, or you don't want the banner characters, spend wishes on the weapon banner or drop about 50ish wishes to prime your pity roll for the next one if it's got decent 4* characters. Otherwise just hoard primogems until a banner you like comes out.

Unlike most gacha games, the characters they give out are all perfectly viable for almost all content. Or, as previously mentioned, reroll your account until it gives up a good 5* to carry everyone.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

I picked up Death Stranding in the Steam sale and just had a quick question. I am currently in the Amelie chapter, close to the start of the game. Is it worth trying to raise the connection rating of the settlements at the moment or should I just keep pushing west and mainlining the story? It seems a long way to walk back to the various outposts you've visited just to get your rating up.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Catzilla posted:

I picked up Death Stranding in the Steam sale and just had a quick question. I am currently in the Amelie chapter, close to the start of the game. Is it worth trying to raise the connection rating of the settlements at the moment or should I just keep pushing west and mainlining the story? It seems a long way to walk back to the various outposts you've visited just to get your rating up.

Not at all. Once you arrive in episode 3 the first deliveries will lead to you getting:
- a tool to double the amount of weight you can carry(!)
- a weapon to fight MULEs way more effectively

Also none of the locations before episode 3 offer meaningful rewards for getting additional stars. I didn’t bother returning to those early areas until I was about to finish episode 8. You can even just finish the game before you get into the completionist stuff.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jan 3, 2021

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Mierenneuker posted:

Not at all. Once you arrive in episode 3 the first deliveries will lead to you getting:
- a tool to double the amount of weight you can carry(!)
- a weapon to fight MULEs way more effectively

Also none of the locations before episode 3 offer meaningful rewards for getting additional stars. I didn’t bother returning to those early areas until I was about to finish episode 8. You can even just finish the game before you get into the completionist stuff.

Thanks! That eases my anxiety of potentially missing something!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Anything for the new Stardew Valley update? Maybe this time I'll reach Summer before being broke in the brain and try to min-max a relaxing game.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Fat Samurai posted:

Maybe this time I'll reach Summer before being broke in the brain and try to min-max a relaxing game.
Making a multi-layered spreadsheet to optimize my farming was half the fun of Stardew Valley. :colbert:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jan 3, 2021

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Fat Samurai posted:

Anything for the new Stardew Valley update? Maybe this time I'll reach Summer before being broke in the brain and try to min-max a relaxing game.

I started a new game so I'm not there yet but my understanding is the stuff is mostly late game stuff you shouldn't be getting into until at least year 2. Everything else is basically the same.

The only thing I would clarify is the option on a new game to randomize the Community Center. Most bundles will be the same and you will not see all the new bundles without a few playthroughs. Whether the new bundles are easier or harder to fulfill varies. Even then I'm not quite sure that's a first time playthrough tip.

Honestly the only "before I play" advice for Stardew Valley I would have is don't get any advice for your first playthrough. There is no time limit, do whatever, enjoy the magic of learning the game before you break out the spreadsheets and make this into a Capitalism simulator.

This is one of the few games I wish I could wipe my memory of so I could get that experience of trying it for the first time.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
What should I know before playing Nier Automata?

What should I know before playing Gravity Rush 2? I've platinumed Gravity Rush 1, is it basically the same game?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

RC Cola posted:

What should I know before playing Nier Automata?

The wiki page for Neir: Automata seems pretty okay to me.

https://beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=Nier:_Automata

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Yeah, it covers pretty much everything that is important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

SiKboy posted:

The wiki page for Neir: Automata seems pretty okay to me.

https://beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=Nier:_Automata

Thank you!