Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

So either Cronenworth or Abrams + Campusano and stuff if the Cubs are sending a catcher back to the Padres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Need to go back to my "Everyone has been traded to the Padres" avatar.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I love these Dads moves but I, too, wonder about their relevance vs having the Dodgers in the division. That's not to say they should roll over or anything. I just want to see my beautiful Yu to win a ring. And that Dodgers team is gonna be in the way no matter what.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I would like the Yankees to do something.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

rickiep00h posted:

I love these Dads moves but I, too, wonder about their relevance vs having the Dodgers in the division. That's not to say they should roll over or anything. I just want to see my beautiful Yu to win a ring. And that Dodgers team is gonna be in the way no matter what.
A Dodgers-Padres NLCS could be cool

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Padres should also request a trade to the AL West as well

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Call it off everybody, trade isn't happening.

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/1343646689081454592

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

mcmagic posted:

I would like the Yankees to do something.

Counterpoint: I would not like the Yankees to do something.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Cubs look like the best team in the Central to me, even with Lester and Quintana gone. They should be signing a SP, not trading their best one away.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

The Pussy Boss posted:

Cubs look like the best team in the Central to me, even with Lester and Quintana gone. They should be signing a SP, not trading their best one away.

Yes but have you considered Tom's poor, poor wallet?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Pussy Boss posted:

why acquire good players when you can simply shed payroll and continue to milk 2016 nostalgia?

The Cubs need to restore their "loveable losers" branding and Tom is working hard, thank you

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

The Pussy Boss posted:

They might still be the best team in the Central but that's saying more about how terrible the Central division is than the Cubs depth.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The Pussy Boss posted:

The owners all want that WWE belt for most salary dropped.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/sdutKevinAcee/status/1343662675557945345

quote:

According to two sources familiar with the talks, the Padres and Cubs are close to agreeing on the multiple pieces in a trade that will bring right-hander Yu Darvish to San Diego.

Those people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, would not elaborate on the details of the deal but said the Padres have accepted the haul they will have to send to the Cubs.

Alright color me intrigued.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Better get some good prospects.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

the haul better include Gore

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

bawfuls posted:

I don't think they'd get him for Darvish alone.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the real question is how much money the Cubs will be sending

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I don't think they'd get him for Darvish alone.
I thought Contreras was supposed to be included too?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

bawfuls posted:

I heard his name mentioned but the article doesn't mention him.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Abrams + Campusano + the outfielder they grabbed last year in the draft would be a pretty decent haul even without Gore.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bawfuls posted:

Yeah the two guys I would have been okay with getting for Darvish + one of our catchers were Gore and Patino, and the latter was already shipped to TB for Snell so the hold up here better be the Cubs insisting on Gore.

Hell I could see the Cubs sweetening the pot by agreeing to take back Myers, who solves our "only two current MLB outfielders on the roster" problem and would offset the salary SD is taking on in exchange for getting Gore included in the deal.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bawfuls posted:

Apparently the guy is expected to be Caratini, not Contreras.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
UGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Imagine if at any point in the last half-decade the Angels went in this hard on acquiring pitching

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

When have the Angels had the prospects to do this?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Sydin posted:

Yeah the two guys I would have been okay with getting for Darvish + one of our catchers were Gore and Patino, and the latter was already shipped to TB for Snell so the hold up here better be the Cubs insisting on Gore.

Hell I could see the Cubs sweetening the pot by agreeing to take back Myers, who solves our "only two current MLB outfielders on the roster" problem and would offset the salary SD is taking on in exchange for getting Gore included in the deal.
ahem, that's "longest tenured Padre Wil Myers" to you sir

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

When have the Angels had the prospects to do this?
they have money and never took a serious run at any of the elite pitchers that reached free agency in recent years, never pulled the Dodgers move of taking on money to acquire prospect depth, etc

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm prepared for the haul to be an AAAA prospect, a lovely contact, and the AA batboy.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

bawfuls posted:

they have money and never took a serious run at any of the elite pitchers that reached free agency in recent years, never pulled the Dodgers move of taking on money to acquire prospect depth, etc

They got Shohei Ohtani what more could they do

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lmao the only time the Angels were able to convince ownership to let them go in big on pitching was when the pitcher also happened to be a hitter, and now it's looking like he's more likely to become a full time DH. The Angels are if nothing consistent.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Grow bats. Buy bats. gently caress arms.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bawfuls posted:

Imagine if at any point in the last half-decade the Angels went in this hard on acquiring pitching

On the other hand I remember what happened last time the Padres emptied their farm to build an instant contender

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

bawfuls posted:

They've also drafted and developed like hot garbage for basically always.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

loving cubs

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

bawfuls posted:

lol good one

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Intruder posted:

On the other hand I remember what happened last time the Padres emptied their farm to build an instant contender
Believe me I hope this blows up again, but this time they have a baseline of legitimately good young players, a loaded farm, and are trading for good players not overrated players

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Just jumping in my time machine and trading Adell before his MLB debut for Greinke, problem solved

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

remember when the Angels traded for Greinke at the deadline, watched him sign with the Dodgers that winter and then immediately pitch the best 3-year stretch of his career?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

which aging all-star bat can we get with the soon-to-be-available Pujols money