Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Job Seeker

My experience: I just graduated with my BS in IS and have been doing Software QA for a year and a half with a contracting company, I love it and there’s opportunity for conversion to full time but I’d like to see what else is out there, hopefully something full time!

What I'm looking for: Full time software QA position, hopefully with the potential to work my way up and get more responsibility, own the reliability for an entire product.

What I'm NOT looking for: Sales, help desk stuff

Where I live: Silicon Valley

Where I'm looking: Anywhere in the Bay Area, remote also works!

When I can start: After giving two weeks notice.

Requirements: Full-time, health insurance.

Can be reached via: Forums PM or reply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Job Seeker

My experience: 5 years doing helpdesk, application support, and junior system admin work. Just got my AWS Solution Architect Associate cert, considering going back for my Developer cert once life calms down.

What I'm looking for: Full time AWS/generic cloud position. Preferably not external-facing, but I can deal with it if it is. Prefer to be designing architecture, but also fine supporting existing deployments.

What I'm NOT looking for: Sales, non-cloud helpdesk.

Where I live: Colorado

Where I'm looking: Remote, I'm moving my rear end up into the mountains with my forthcoming Bezos Bux.

Can be reached via: Forums PM or reply and I'll make another burner email because I forgot the password to my old burner email.

Still looking.

ptier
Jul 2, 2007

Back off man, I'm a scientist.
Pillbug
Come join me in Higher-Ed at Norfolk State University in Norfolk, VA!

Senior Network Engineer

This position is more of an architect of our campus network. It is a very greenfield opportunity as we build the team out. Lots of places to add automation and make some new decisions for the next generation of our network! If you have any questions DM me!

http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/201753

Edit: Updates!

Why you should come work here:

• Work with a goon (me!) and other goon adjacent folk!
  • I would be your supervisor, and that means that I expect you to actually take your vacation time and not work more than 40 hours a week.
  • State benefits are pretty good and Virginia is trying to be competitive on salary especially for technology jobs. This is a recent change, but they do a competitive salary study for positions.
    - https://www.dhrm.virginia.gov/employeebenefits
  • First job I ever had where I have left over vacation at the end of the year (and it rolls over).
  • The people who work here truly care about the institution, and care about doing it right.
  • The University is in a state of growth, and we have new, really great leadership.
    - That means, we are getting to greenfield a lot of new tech and processes.
  • This includes our CIO, who is awesome.

ptier fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 30, 2020

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Hiring: Lead Systems Engineer (backfill for me) for a small company in the Washington DC area
Salary ~140-150k
GREAT company, decent team, middling customer but not bad.

Easily one of the best places I've worked (and I'm just transitioning to a new position).
Primarily Performance Monitor implementation focus; largely linux/unix. HUGE amount of support and career growth within the company available.

Currently fully remote, but looking for someone local.
PM me for full details; not sure if we have it posted since my position change isnt fully public in the company yet.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Job Seeker

My experience: 3-4 years doing helpdesk/jr sys admin work

What I'm looking for: Full time, internal/client-facing (not general public) helpdesk or jr sysadmin

What I'm NOT looking for: Public-facing

Where I live: Iowa

Where I'm looking: Remote, East Idaho (Pocatello) or Wyoming (Casper or Cheyanne)

Can be reached via: Forums PM or jobs@username.com

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Hiring: Barcelona, Spain sports analytics startup.

Check our open positions. We still need to finish writing all the descriptions but the first two priorities are published so I thought I'd share already. I'll highlight those plus two more:
  • Backend Engineer (Kotlin/Spring)
  • Frontend Engineer (TypeScript/React)
  • Junior Backend Engineer (Python) [not posted yet]
  • UI/UX/Product Designer [no details yet]

We are currently remote but you must be willing to commute to Barcelona eventually, so ideally you're already in the EU. Work permits are hard to get otherwise.

The pay's not great, especially if you're used to markets outside Spain, but maybe you're interested in joining a small team (10 engineers) that's maybe at that second level of maturity and helping us reach the third. And if it's a draw for you, you could meet football stars and go to free matches, after COVID at least.

Probably we don't have many here in Spain and the markets in most other EU countries are better, but who knows. Let me know if you want to hear more.

Ninja edit: also open to feedback on my listings...

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
Job Seeker

My experience: 3-4 years doing helpdesk, jr network admin work

What I'm looking for: Full time, jr network admin

What I'm NOT looking for: Help Desk

Where I live: Florida

Where I'm looking: Remote, Florida

Can be reached via: Forums PM

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
e: closed now

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Dec 18, 2020

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Besides the positions I posted above, my company is also considering outsourcing the development of one of our products (a SPA). I would anticipate 3-4 FTE for 4-6 months. We already have elaborate designs in invision.

Anyone have a shop or part of a team of freelancers who we should consider? One thing to note is we're in Spain so we cannot compete with Silicon Valley prices.

For maximum reusability and integration, the ideal stack would be React/Spring Boot/Mongo, but I'm happy to discuss details and the pros and cons of going in a different direction based on the specific points of integration.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Besides the positions I posted above, my company is also considering outsourcing the development of one of our products (a SPA). I would anticipate 3-4 FTE for 4-6 months. We already have elaborate designs in invision.

Anyone have a shop or part of a team of freelancers who we should consider? One thing to note is we're in Spain so we cannot compete with Silicon Valley prices.

For maximum reusability and integration, the ideal stack would be React/Spring Boot/Mongo, but I'm happy to discuss details and the pros and cons of going in a different direction based on the specific points of integration.

Swap out Mongo for [NO-SQL DB my company makes] and you can have not just one, but two goons building your product! :v:

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

KillHour posted:

Swap out Mongo for [NO-SQL DB my company makes] and you can have not just one, but two goons building your product! :v:

Sounds awful, thanks.

ptier
Jul 2, 2007

Pillbug
Final Reminder! Posting closes on Nov. 29!

Job Posting: Senior Network Engineer (Architect)
This is really going to be the position that will determine the design of the next generation network on campus and beyond!

Who we are: We are Norfolk State Univeristy. A Public University in Norfolk, Virginia. (An HBCU)

Where we are: Norfolk, VA

Salary: Based on Experience ( I can’t publicly note numbers etc, but is going to be as market competitive as we can make it)

What you'll be doing:
Architecting the next generation wired and wireless network backbone and internet connectivity for the University. This includes surveying our current network, finding its faults and designing new solutions. You'll also be assisting us in filing the networking team's bench with another engineer and physical networking tech (cable tech). There will be some troubleshooting of current issues and exigent problems.

You’ll be joining Technical Services, a division in the Office of Information Technology. I am the Interim Director who oversees three main groups:

Infrastructure: Applications (Windows and Linux) / Hosting (VMware / Storage) / Datacenter
Networking: Controlling the core all the way to the physical jack, and external networking to the internet and other institutions.
Telecommunications: Phone systems and other communication platforms.

Why do you want to work here:
We have generous state benefits including retirement + other investment avenues, and full healthcare plans: https://www.dhrm.virginia.gov/employeebenefits

You will have a green field to build new. We are in a state of expansion in the IT department and the University really understands that a strong IT department will enable the kinds of learning and research scenarios that they want to pursue. It’s a pretty exciting time.

You won’t be working late. This is a state job, and salaried and we are all basically on call all the time, but I can count on my one hand the times this year I have had to work late or do something on the weekend. I have been here 4 and 1/2 years and I have no thoughts about leaving. Its a nice place where people genuinely appreciate the work we do.

You will be working with a great team of individuals who will support each other to get the job done.

Why you don't want to work here:
It’s still a job. Which means not everyone will like everything we do, especially when we start applying the brakes to a project because no one talked to us first and we don’t have enough ports, or bandwidth or the laws of physics ensure it can’t work that way.

It is working at a University. Politics sometimes get in the way and people with big egos and all that. But, with the reporting structure, we generally don’t get much push back from a lot of things we are doing (because we already cleared it!)

The budgets depend on enrollment and state funding. Which can shift based on lots of things. But so far, we have been relatively unscathed during this whole pandemic thing.

How to apply:
The posting is here: http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/201753

Please fill this out throughly if you want to apply. The more checks we can give the resume / application, the easier it is to do interviews after we review the batch

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Make sure to post the regular network engineer position when that opens up too.

ptier
Jul 2, 2007

Pillbug

DropsySufferer posted:

Make sure to post the regular network engineer position when that opens up too.

Oh most definitely. Any positions we have going up I’ll be posting here.

cultureulterior
Jan 27, 2004
I'm hiring for a Networking-focused SRE in Austin or San Francisco. Important stuff is terraform and understanding of AWS networking. PM me for more!

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Anyone have any experience with the reporting tool Easytrieve? It's some legacy COBOL-like software that a contracting firm needs help with and if you want some easy hours please PM

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Patreon is hiring engineers of all stripes. We raised a series E and are using a bunch of that to hire engineers to get creators paid. We're a (mostly) Python and React shop on AWS. SRE-wise - we use Terraform, Ansible and Spinnaker to build and deploy to EC2.

Our job board is here and we've opened up hiring for SREs in Dublin, IE as well as US. PMs are open if you want to ask me about anything.

cheque_some
Dec 6, 2006
The Wizard of Menlo Park

luminalflux posted:

Patreon is hiring engineers of all stripes. We raised a series E and are using a bunch of that to hire engineers to get creators paid. We're a (mostly) Python and React shop on AWS. SRE-wise - we use Terraform, Ansible and Spinnaker to build and deploy to EC2.

Our job board is here and we've opened up hiring for SREs in Dublin, IE as well as US. PMs are open if you want to ask me about anything.

Didn't Patreon lay off 13% of their workforce in March? What's going on here?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

cheque_some posted:

If a company has lay-offs it’s never allowed to hire more people ever again?

cultureulterior
Jan 27, 2004
I'm hiring for an SRE (Cloud Networking focused) in Austin or SF. We're a network monitoring company recently acquired by Cisco but pretty independent.

https://boards.greenhouse.io/thousandeyes/jobs/2511828?gh_src=7bf1cfb11us

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

cheque_some posted:

Correct, there was a round of layoffs in April. We've since raised a series E round of $90mm at a $1.2bn valuation which is now allowing us to invest in hiring. The goal is to double the size of engineering over the next year.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

cheque_some posted:

A lot of people forecast that during the Great TP and raw meat shortages of 2020, that when the Dow Jones dropped from 28,000 to 17,000 in a week, that we were in for a recession worse than 2008, so companies shed workers immediately, hoping to weather the storm

And now the stock market has recovered so well that Trump broke his cone of silence about the election to tell everyone that it was because of him

Also regular citizens are actually getting the vaccine and there's a light at the end of the tunnel etc etc the economy might not actually be in taters this time next year

iRobot had a fire sale on their products in March, and were seriously wondering if they could make it through 2020, now they're looking at their best year ever as everyone is working from home and needs to clean their house

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

i actually understand business better than this post but not to poo poo on them too hard but given their business model is entirely rent seeking and they had to be loving dragged away from ruining their entire business model for more profit why would anyone feel comfortable going to work for them?

first in last out and they already showed they'll drop cargo at literally the first sign of trouble. plenty of jobs worked with employees to keep them on the books especially during the only time in this country's history when there was a robust safety net for furloughed employees.

just spitballing. and why are they not preferencing laid off employees to rehire? I understand some goons are desperate but this is the one forum where you don't have suck corporate rear end in a top hat.

bus hustler fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Dec 10, 2020

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

bus hustler posted:

i actually understand business better than this post but not to poo poo on them too hard but given their business model is entirely rent seeking and they had to be loving dragged away from ruining their entire business model for more profit why would anyone feel comfortable going to work for them?

first in last out and they already showed they'll drop cargo at literally the first sign of trouble. plenty of jobs worked with employees to keep them on the books especially during the only time in this country's history when there was a robust safety net for furloughed employees.

just spitballing. and why are they not preferencing laid off employees to rehire? I understand some goons are desperate but this is the one forum where you don't have suck corporate rear end in a top hat.

Who says they don't have that preference? I can all but guarantee that even in this year those types of roles that were listed above all found jobs in 9 months.

Also, this is assuming the same roles that were laid off were the ones they are hiring now. Since they just got their Series E I am assuming their growth strategy might have been different than the one they put together over a year ago.

If your opinion is you should never work for a company that has ever done layoffs in any capacity more power to you but you are shutting yourself off from 90% of the open jobs, probably 98% in the tech sector.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

quote:

If your opinion is you should never work for a company that has ever done layoffs in any capacity more power to you but you are shutting yourself off from 90% of the open jobs, probably 98% in the tech sector.

This is childish poo poo my man, i post something about a specific situation that occurred all within this year and an additional extremely scummy thing this company did recently & you're like "well if you seriously think that any company that has ever laid someone off" bullshit, gently caress off. Everyone on this forum is loving adults, take that poo poo to reddit or twitter.

what the gently caress am i supposed to say to that? of course i and nobody believes that. my personal belief is you should maybe be wary and question what's going on at patreon - as you say it's not a dead market.

bus hustler fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Dec 10, 2020

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Howdy folks.

I don't want to say we can't discuss the companies that people post job postings for here, but let's not go too off the rails. This conversation seems to be heading that way. If we could dial it back a notch, that would be nice. Thank you!

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
I'm looking for qualified pros to sell on-prem to cloud migration services. I've got a huge talent pool, just need some initial sales to get the company off the ground.

Small to medium sized businesses is the target market. I'd like to hear from sales/sales engineers to help. Name your price/%.

email chris@ttd-service.com or PM me.

Thanks for reading this SA post, be sure to like and subscribe!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
We have about 16 product development positions open now and probably starting in the new year, they all have at least one remote spot.

We are mostly an MS shop, so C#/SQL...etc. With some bigdata/NOSQL components, but I haven't personally worked with much of that yet.

Internet marketing, think emails, product recommendations, predictive analytics...etc. I believe over black friday and cyber monday we sent something like 1.4 billion emails and I forget how many texts, it's fast paced and interesting work (first place that I've been that has a good unit test practice in place) and all of the devs are really good.

The downside is, if you can't get a remote spot and are interested you'd need to be in south eastern PA, we are currently all remote and there are rumors that we might stay that way even after the vaccine is distributed to everyone (but I can't confirm any of that yet).

It's a pretty good place to work, the company and CEO are big on making it feel like a big family (winter party, summer family day, random cookouts during the summer), christmas bonus based on years of employment, very good vacation policy (2 weeks your first year, 3 weeks after your first full year, 4 weeks after 5 years I think, your birthday off), monthly gym reimbursement. Lots of room to grow no matter what you do. The product/dev team is somewhere around 60ish with probably a 6:1 dev to QA ratio and 15:1 dev to scrum manager ratio, so probably 45ish dedicated devs.

If we do every go back to the office, it's modern, subsidized food (all lunches are 6 bucks and way bigger/better than anything you can get close by) and drinks, on site chef/kitchen staff/coffee shop/gym. They have also started a new initiative to upgrade all of the developer machines to not completely suck.

If you have a good idea there won't be anyone stopping you from trying to implement it. Up until this year we also had an 'innovation fair/hackathon' every December into January where employees self organize into small teams and use production data to pitch new ideas (2-3 days of paid time to work only on your project), they are all heard by the entire executive team and then voted on by all employees. The top ideas either from the executive team or through voting are actually put on the roadmap to be implemented.

I'm not posting the company name here, because it's a small town and small company and don't really want where I work associated with my SA account, so shoot me a PM and I can send you the careers site.

Here are the openings:

quote:

Director, Data Engineering

Through thoughtful innovation, [company] works to provide our clients with premier solutions that deliver results, allowing our customers to become industry leaders and our employees to find pride and passion in their work.

At [company], we believe that foundation is everything, so we strive to base our work around four core values: customers come first in everything we do, you can always count on us to do the right thing, people and team work are invaluable, and passion drives performance. These values are the heart of our business, so we are looking for team members who can help us live them out.

What We’re Looking For

You should have…

10+ years of experience in the software development field
8+ years’ experience in a software development leadership role
Experience with Visual Studio, Git, SDLC, MS SQL, Big Data Platforms, Kafka or similar messaging fabric.
Understanding of Agile Development Methodologies and their proper application in the enterprise business environment.
Excellent analytical/organizational and decision-making
Extensive experience leading enterprise level development teams
Ability to understand and embrace our business strategy.
About the Job

The primary responsibilities of this position are to oversee the data strategy and data systems of the [company] Platform. You report to the VP of Product and continually assess the health, progress and performance of the development teams and production environment. You work with the other directors in Product and directors across the organization to make sure we are in alignment with needs, issues, progress and priorities. Resources are managed closely through your collaboration with other product directors.

What You’ll Do

In this role as the Director of Data Engineering you will define and maintains the vision and strategy for all our data systems. By bringing in an expert level experience with managing various data technologies.

We will look to you to define best practices for data storage, transit, retention, archiving and deletion.

In addition, you will leverage monitoring and reporting systems to identify opportunities for efficiency, performance and cost reduction.

As a Director, we will look to you to guide, coach, and mentor a team of software engineers and data engineers with a variety of different experience levels. And also, ensure engineers are following established patterns and practices. You will be expected to Collaborate with other Software Engineering Managers, Directors, and Executives to support planning, delivery, and resource needs.

Additionally, you will collect regular audits and reports on performance, stability, and scale of the production services and environment. Ensure we are prepared for the holiday season from a software service and load perspective. Cooperate with IT and DevOps working group on environment needs and initiatives. And, understand major business initiatives and assumes responsibility for making sure the development teams work to meet these needs.

quote:

Product Manager, Data & Analytics

What We Do and Who We Are

Through thoughtful innovation, [company] works to provide our clients with premier solutions that deliver results, allowing our customers to become industry leaders and our employees to find pride and passion in their work.

At [company], we believe that foundation is everything, so we strive to base our work around four core values: customers come first in everything we do, you can always count on us to do the right thing, people and team work are invaluable, and passion drives performance. These values are the heart of our business, so we are looking for team members who can help us live them out.

What We’re Looking For

You should have…

Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a Product Manager, Agile Product Owner, Business Owner, or Business Analyst role
Strong experience with managing products that leverage big data technologies and machine learning
Strong experience with managing data driven products that incorporate analytics, reporting and insights within the application
Experience with email, sms, chat, social media and other marketing channels is preferred.
Strong experience with data analytics and reporting in terms of product data needs as well as product adoption.
Understanding of the product lifecycle from research to launch to decline to deprecation.
Strong technical background and ability to understand complex product functionality, design, and technical issues to drive the right priorities, trade-offs, and resolutions.
Ability to adapt to change.
Strong business acumen.
Clear communication to executive stakeholders using spoken, written, and visual mediums.
Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely to non-technical stakeholders.
Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to facilitate dynamic meetings and discussions.
Must be a lifelong learner who is willing to grow in new directions.
Exposure to agile development methodology, especially in a product owner or manager-type role.
Experience in common product/project management tools such as Jira is preferred.
Previous software development experience is a plus.
Experience with business flow and diagrams is preferred.
Experience with managing commercial software products in a SaaS environment is required
Bachelor’s degree in business, technical field, or related equivalent experience
What You’ll Do

Collaborate with Product Owners, Directors of Product, and Directors of Sales and Client Services to identify opportunities and align requirements.
Champion the vision and objectives around business-critical systems and business capabilities.
Assist with packaging and pricing options for product offerings based on market analysis and competitive research.
Coordinate Product launches across all [company] business units.
Influence prioritization of the strategic product roadmap based on the needs of the business and benefit to customers.
Inspire the development teams from the perspective of the consumer.
Proactively identify, manage, and mitigate risks and unknowns.
About the Job

The Product Manager reports to the VP of Product Strategy. The primary responsibility of the Product Manager is to enable the development and maintenance of products owned to optimally meet the collective needs of all stakeholders. The Product Manager will engage in discovery, business analysis, business requirements gathering, and serve as a central hub of information for their assigned products or projects. The Product Manager will have direct and frequent contact with all key stakeholders and department leads to ensure that current plans, timelines, expectations and business needs are clearly communicated.

quote:

Scrum Master

What We’re Looking For

You should have…

4+ years working in information technology
2+ years working as a Scrum Master
Expertise with Agile and Scrum frameworks and their application in Product development and delivery
Communicates with and appropriately influences people at various levels in the organization
Solid facilitation and coaching skills
Ability to support and monitor team progress using Jira or similar tools
Understanding of software development concepts
Ability to remain calm under pressure
Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field, or related equivalent experience
About the Job

The primary responsibility of this position is to coach Scrum teams to perform at their highest levels so that they can successfully and continuously deliver value.

In this role, you will report to the Director of Product Operations and work closely with your assigned teams as well as other Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Software Engineering Managers and Directors.

What You’ll Do

Scrum Masters work with the Product Owner to align teams with the product vision, sprint goals, and other necessary information. You will build performance by providing visibility and insight into the data – velocity, burndown and other related metrics. You will remove impediments that can prevent teams from meeting their commitments and ensure that Scrum events are meaningfully executed. Scrum Masters will create an environment of collaboration within and across teams that allows for open dialogue and productive solutions for resolving conflicts. You will serve the Engineers and the Product Owner by coaching them in their respective team roles and responsibilities and work with other Scrum Masters to increase effectiveness of Agile and Scrum within the organization.

quote:

Senior Data Software Engineer

What We’re Looking For

You should have…

Expert Level knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, HDFS, Spark, Oozie, Presto or similar technologies
Expert Level Knowledge of SQL, Java, Scala, Python and C#
A proven track record of understanding data modeling and schema design, data-structures, algorithms, and distributed computing with the ability to use these concepts to deliver scalable solutions
Extensive experience with relational and nosql and graph databases such as SQL Server, MongoDB, Amazon DocumentDB, Neo4J and Scylla DB
An understanding of Agile Development Methodology (Scrum)
Experience with Visual Studio / Git or similar version control system
8+ years professional enterprise level development experience

You should be…

Able to understand and embrace our business strategy while maintaining excellent analytical/organizational and decision-making skills.

About the Job

[company] Sr. Data Software Engineer's work together to architect and develop new [company] features while maintaining the stability and sustainability of the [company] product and solutions. In addition to developer responsibilities, this position will be responsible for in-depth troubleshooting and resolution of performance and stability issues in the production environment.

Concurrently, you will serve as leads, coaching and mentoring Jr. engineers throughout production. Our team members consult with the product owner and one another to ensure applications are developed according to specifications in a Scrum environment.

What You’ll Do

Senior Data Software Engineer's demonstrate technical leadership by mentoring and coaching other developers on the team. You’ll architect and develop new [company] features and enhancements, provide guidance and oversight of [company] enterprise system level architecture and processes, and author and maintain clean, consistent, and elegant code to create scalable and reliable systems.

You will research emerging technologies and make recommendations to the development team as well as maintain and fix defects in existing [company] features. You’ll provide production support for the [company] application and its subsystems and constantly improve SCRUM task estimation accuracy / completion of tasks

Additionally, you will perform regular status updates to all assigned sprint tasks in daily stand-up meetings and maintain Scrum task progression daily.

quote:

Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)

.What We Do and Who We Are

What We’re Looking For

You should have…

5+ years of professional experience as an SDET, QA Automation Engineer or similar
Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills with knowledge of Microsoft .NET framework, C#, JSON, and API development; familiarity with JavaScript, XML, JVM languages preferred
Experience developing with test automation tools and frameworks (NUnit, xUnit, Mocha, etc.)
Experience with Cypress framework is a plus
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, technical field, or related equivalent experience.
Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational database technologies (MS SQL and NoSQL, such as MongoDB)
About the Job

SDETs at [company] can understand software internals, debug code, automate repetitive tasks, and implement new tools and frameworks needed to streamline our quality process. Our SDETs work directly with Product Owners, Software Development Managers, Software Development Engineers and Quality Assurance Engineers to understand project features, review technical designs, and implement automated test tools that help deliver quality features with efficiency. Our SDETs understand customer usage models and can develop test plans and test cases that approximate real-world environments and scenarios.

What You’ll Do

A Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is a developer with the primary responsibility of writing frameworks and tools to test products. It is a challenging role that provides immense opportunity to design and develop wide-reaching tools. It combines the "building" aspect of software design engineering with the "breaking" aspect of software test engineering. You’ll be writing code that automatically verifies the quality of the product.

Demonstrated knowledge and application of QA methodologies, corresponding tool sets and testing disciplines (functional, regression, load, security, API and unit testing) Ability to identify, articulate and manage risks and technical challenges in software applications and an agile way of thinking and doing.

quote:

Software Development Manager

What We’re Looking For

You should have…

5+ years of experience as a manager of software developers within a commercial software company
5+ years of experience in a Dev Ops role.
3+ years of software development experience
3+ years of experience within an Agile Scrum environment
Strong experience with implementing and maintaining CI/CD tools and process
Experience with the Microsoft Technology stack is a plus
Experience with cloud technologies is a plus
Strong understanding of the typical Software Development Lifecycle
Strong understanding of Agile Scrum methodology
Ability to manage teams and projects using Jira or similar tools
Strong technical background
Ability to coach and mentor software developers
Proven ability to be flexible and negotiate business trade-offs
Clear communication skills and ability to adapt for the desired audience
About the Job

The Software Development Manager plays an important role at [company] by leading a team of software developers that are responsible for delivering mission critical applications to customers. We are looking for natural technical leaders that are driven by data and an extreme focus on delivering results. Being able to cultivate and inspire a development team to deliver high quality software is critical. Ideally, you are a seasoned Software Development Manager with experience in SaaS applications on the Microsoft stack. This role reports directly to the Director of Product Development.

What You’ll Do

Guide, coach and mentor a team of software developers with a variety of different experience levels
Ensure developers are following established patterns and practices
Collaborate with other Software Development Managers, Directors and Executives to support planning, delivery and resource needs
Work closely with Architects, Developers and Product Management to influence and support the successful delivery of initiatives
Quickly identify any roadblocks, obstacles or challenges that may interfere with the successful delivery of high-quality software
Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to management
Build and maintain cross-functional relationships on your team’s behalf
Manage the day-to-day activities of the development team within an Agile Scrum environment
Cultivate a culture of learning, growth and accountability within your team
Ability to quickly assess and understand resourcing needs and capacity

quote:

Software Engineer

At [company] , we believe that foundation is everything, so we strive to base our work around four core values: customers come first in everything we do, you can always count on us to do the right thing, people and team work are invaluable, and passion drives performance. These values are the heart of our business, so we are looking for team members who can help us live them out.

What We’re Looking For

You should have…

Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft .NET framework, C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, jQuery, JavaScript, HTML, CSS, XML as well as testing these technologies
4+ years professional development experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related work experience
An understanding of Agile Development Methodology (Scrum)
Proficient experience with MS SQL Server.
Experience with Visual Studio / TFS / Git or similar version control system
Working knowledge of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, HDFS, HBase, Oozie, Impala, MongoDB or similar technologies a plus
You should be…

Able to understand and embrace our business strategy while maintaining excellent analytical/organizational and decision-making skills.

About the Job

As a Software Engineer, you will work closely with the team to architect and develop new [company] features while maintaining the stability and sustainability of the [company] product and solutions. In addition to developer responsibilities, you will be responsible for in-depth troubleshooting and resolution of performance and stability issues in the production environment. You will also consult with the internal team to ensure applications are developed according to specifications in a Scrum environment.

What You’ll Do

The Software Engineer's architect and develop new [company] features and enhancements, author and maintain clean, consistent, and elegant code to create scalable and reliable systems, and research emerging technologies and make recommendations to the development team.

You will analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve production system issues and defects and provide production support for the [company] application and its subsystems. You’ll constantly improve SCRUM task estimation accuracy / completion of tasks, do regular status updates to all assigned sprint tasks in daily stand-up meetings and maintain Scrum task progression in TFS on a daily basis.

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 17, 2020

SMEGMA_MAIL
May 4, 2018
Still looking, entry level jobs tangential to netsec, such as IT, Data Center Tech, Junior Dev, etc.

I will have my A+ done shortly so I have some actual qualifications this time around.

fankey
Aug 31, 2001

We are hiring a senior software engineer in our Boulder office. See https://qsccareers-qsc.icims.com/jobs/2655/job.

Why would you want to work for us?
  • We make cool ( Emmy™ winning! ) products
  • The products are used in cool applications that will impress your peers
  • Platform encompasses everything from bare metal microcontroller code, real-time linux, C# GUI, HTML5 cloudy things, etc.
  • Healthy relaxed work environment
  • We aren't jerks, mostly
Desired skills are
  • Minimum 5 years C++
  • Communications protocols
  • Web technologies
  • Computer security and data privacy
  • Streaming media protocols
  • Real-time embedded systems
  • High performance, distributed, or high availability systems
  • Unit testing
PM for more info if desired.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
My team is hiring for a bunch of positions.

Especially looking for people with experience in Workday!

Who we are: A non-profit charter school management organization operating 55 schools in 3 states. Home office is located in NYC although most of us are remote right now obviously.

Open Positions:

Senior DevOps Engineer: We are seeking a skilled Sr. Dev Ops Engineer with experience in building and supporting a data warehouse, cloud adoption plans, cloud application design as well as cloud management and monitoring! Additional responsibilities include support for application architecture and deployment in cloud environments. This role will act as a domain specialist on our enterprise architecture and cloud environments.

Senior System Manager, Workday: We are seeking a skilled Sr. System Manager (Manager) with experience in large-scale Workday system implementations, ongoing management of Workday, and management of data housed in the system. This role will act as a domain specialist on our ERP projects and collaborate with all levels of the Talent, Accounting, Finance, IT, and school-based teams and will be responsible for the planning, prioritization, and execution of the roadmap for Workday!

System Manager, Workday Financials: We are seeking a skilled System Manager with experience in large-scale financial system implementation, ongoing management of the financial system, and management of data housed in the system. This role will act as a domain specialist on our finance projects and collaborate with all levels of the Talent, Accounting, Finance, IT, and school-based teams and will supervise the planning, prioritization, and execution of the financial system roadmap.

System Analyst, Workday Reporting: The System Analyst will support the Workday Reporting workstream, across functions including HCM, Talent, Benefits, Finance, Accounting, and Payroll, at the Home Office. They will bring technical expertise to the reporting process, from capturing reporting requirements to development and testing! They will also support others in writing reports, serve as a thought partner, and provide technical support. They will be responsible for collaborating with other Workday roles, the Data and IT team, and members of teams across the organization to ensure that the reports available in Workday can meet the needs of the organization.

Technical System Analyst, Workday: The Technical Analyst supports the ERP System Managers to ensure the functionality, including but not limited to change management, optimization, and system security. This role is also responsible for supporting them with documentation of system processes and procedures, assisting in the training of a variety of end-users.

Data and System Analyst, Special Education: The System and Data Analyst, Special Education (Analyst) will own workstreams that will help ensure the Team achieves its goals and objectives! The Analyst partners closely with other Data & IT team members and school-based partners to drive and support strategic systems and data objectives and projects. This role provides exposure to data management and analysis; communications and change management; and large-scale knowledge and project management within a fast-paced, growing organization. Star team members are focused, driven, fast, and hold themselves and their work to a high standard. This role is a two-year, grant-funded position.

If you're interested in applying for any of these roles, PM me and I'll send you my referral link!

I'm also happy to answer any questions about the organization, atmosphere, team personality, etc. I've been here a little over 2 years and I'm very happy here.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Hello!

I get to hire another minion into my team!! :dance:

The job posting isn't up yet, but here's a brief rundown:

• Someone with an interest in basic-rear end IT support; maybe you're just starting your technical career?
  • Service or communication-with-customers experience preferred but not required
  • Degree not required, but certifications or proven interest in technical work is a plus (like if you can at least tell me about why you like to touch computers, cool)
  • Some basic bitch familiarity with Windows OS, MacOS, Active Directory, Office 365, and Azure is again a plus but not required
  • Willingness to learn on the job
  • This job can be remote, if you're good at keeping in touch (office based in Pittsburgh with employees all over the country)
  • Would prefer you to be an independent worker willing to challenge themselves (but again, this is baby's first IT job, needing help and asking for it is 100% expected)
  • Salary caps at 45k, if this is really your first IT job you'd probably start closer to 40
  • Team right now is myself, a guy from Florida, another goon from Pittsburgh, and YOU?!?!

PM me or email me with questions. Emails probably preferred right now so I can properly document poo poo. You can reach out to k d e v i t a (at) nethealth.com with your questions.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

my cat is norris posted:

Hello!

PM me or email me with questions. Emails probably preferred right now so I can properly document poo poo. You can reach out to k d e v i t a (at) nethealth.com with your questions.
Is this internal support or customer support?

I'll probably shoot you an email later today.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

my cat is norris posted:

Hello!

The job posting isn't up yet, but here's a brief rundown:

• Someone with an interest in basic-rear end IT support; maybe you're just starting your technical career?
  • Service or communication-with-customers experience preferred but not required
  • Degree not required, but certifications or proven interest in technical work is a plus (like if you can at least tell me about why you like to touch computers, cool)
  • Some basic bitch familiarity with Windows OS, MacOS, Active Directory, Office 365, and Azure is again a plus but not required
  • Willingness to learn on the job
  • This job can be remote, if you're good at keeping in touch (office based in Pittsburgh with employees all over the country)
  • Would prefer you to be an independent worker willing to challenge themselves (but again, this is baby's first IT job, needing help and asking for it is 100% expected)
  • Salary caps at 45k, if this is really your first IT job you'd probably start closer to 40
  • Team right now is myself, a guy from Florida, another goon from Pittsburgh, and YOU?!?!

Passed this on to one of my friends who needs a job, having him shoot you an email

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

ilkhan posted:

Is this internal support or customer support?

I'll probably shoot you an email later today.

It's internal support only -- I've only had to deal with external clients a couple of times, and it was in a really really unusual emergency sort of situation.

I guess the possibility exists that we would end up working with an external client's IT team to troubleshoot some sort of communications email (e.g. email not reaching recipients, issues with web meetings), but that's not come up for the almost four years I've been with the company.

air- posted:

Passed this on to one of my friends who needs a job, having him shoot you an email

If they don't hear back from me within a day of them contacting me, let me know, as our Exchange filter is a little overzealous at times.

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 29, 2020

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

my cat is norris posted:

It's internal support only -- I've only had to deal with external clients a couple of times, and it was in a really really unusual emergency sort of situation.

I guess the possibility exists that we would end up working with an external client's IT team to troubleshoot some sort of communications email (e.g. email not reaching recipients, issues with web meetings), but that's not come up for the almost four years I've been with the company.

If they don't hear back from me within a day of them contacting me, let me know, as our Exchange filter is a little overzealous at times.
Sounds good. Shot you an email.

SMEGMA_MAIL
May 4, 2018

my cat is norris posted:

This is EXACTLY what I’m looking for, will shoot you an email and resume when I get back from visiting family.

Only issue is that my contract with the military isn’t up until April. Any chance you’ll be needing someone who can start then?

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

This is EXACTLY what I’m looking for, will shoot you an email and resume when I get back from visiting family.

Only issue is that my contract with the military isn’t up until April. Any chance you’ll be needing someone who can start then?

The timing right now doesn't seem to be in your favor, I'm afraid, but the company is crazy for growth, so who knows what April will bring?

SMEGMA_MAIL
May 4, 2018

my cat is norris posted:

The timing right now doesn't seem to be in your favor, I'm afraid, but the company is crazy for growth, so who knows what April will bring?

Good to know! Hopefully you’ll be needing another person then since this ticks every box I had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017
I guess I’ll try

Just really don’t want to work for an MSSP anymore and want to work internal IT for a change.

My experience: 3 years information security within an MSSP, 1 year of general IT help desk while in school for a short time. Currently work for an MSSP assisting with Logrhythm deployments from initial deployment to environment tuning. Working towards CISSP currently.
What I'm looking for: Entry level Sysadmin, mid-level information security analyst position
What I'm NOT looking for: Helpdesk, call center, 12 hour shifts
Where I live: Elyria, OH
Where I'm looking: Cleveland area or remote
Requirements: Full-Time, Permanent
Can be reached via: PM