Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

No lie, my dog threw up on the carpet on Christmas Day and it looked like the runny brown stuff on the plate.

classic recipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Man. I gotta do something to make the college food pizza palatable.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Those are some sad toasties.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Way too on the nose to be real, I refuse to believe.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Fartington Butts posted:

Man. I gotta do something to make the college food pizza palatable.

what they don't have ketchup dispensers at your school?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

uber_stoat posted:

classic recipe

Better Homes and Gardens:
Effluvium
Guide on reclaiming meals from your sewer trap

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSunDeath posted:

Effluvium

Warning: may contain phlogiston, æther, and tree nuts

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5zEocd3u9w

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

rodbeard posted:

That person clearly meant to make sloppy joes and is too embarrassed to admit they forgot to buy buns.
My mother used to make meals like that pretty regularly (although usually with mashed potatoes instead of roasted, and a couple more vegetables). The meat in gravy is essentially just a pie without the pastry. It's fine.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It shouldn't be that wet

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i vastly prefer pea wet to meat wet, pea dry

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

Food can come in many different shapes and textures, but I’m gonna say “puddle” is my least favorite.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Yeah, "I'd like a splat of that glurp" doesn't do it for me when asking for a serving

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

letthereberock posted:

Food can come in many different shapes and textures, but I’m gonna say “puddle” is my least favorite.

What is a soup or a stew but a puddle?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

This honestly made me a little disappointed in the guy. He keeps repeating how much he doesn't want to do it and even calls out the food waste and then... does it anyway because audience engagement numbers trump all I guess. I figured he of all people would have had the clout to say "I'm not doing this, it's a waste of food, please stop requesting it."

Like I already don't want to know how many ingredients a regular episode uses up between iterating the recipe and multiple takes, or where failed attempts go, and those aim to produce an actual food item.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSunDeath posted:

Effluvium

Hey, if you cant afford your medications...

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Wasabi the J posted:

White people gotta ruin lengua too holy poo poo

Celebrities: They're Just Like Us!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's potato salad stored in the fridge crisper drawer

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

rodbeard posted:

That person clearly meant to make sloppy joes and is too embarrassed to admit they forgot to buy buns.

No, it's worse, they're some kind of english

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

My Lovely Horse posted:

This honestly made me a little disappointed in the guy. He keeps repeating how much he doesn't want to do it and even calls out the food waste and then... does it anyway because audience engagement numbers trump all I guess. I figured he of all people would have had the clout to say "I'm not doing this, it's a waste of food, please stop requesting it."

Like I already don't want to know how many ingredients a regular episode uses up between iterating the recipe and multiple takes, or where failed attempts go, and those aim to produce an actual food item.

if you dont have root on the servers, you dont really have clout. you could also have root and not have clout but eh

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Honestly, this sounds like something I'd bake in a pan and serve to about twenty people.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I see nothing wrong with this

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

yes please yes

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

My Lovely Horse posted:

I think he commonly gives the food to the camera crew, and for some of the biggier/fancier recipes he holds a dinner party. The one that first comes to mind was the timpano, which was admittedly four years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIsIE0oHGgo

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

My Lovely Horse posted:

You know how much food gets thrown away on a daily basis in the US alone, right? You ever work in a restaurant? Perfectly good food goes in the trash all the time. I'm not saying it's a good thing by any means (it's a travesty and there are absolutely more hungry people in the world than we have any excuse for) but I am saying it's a kind of small-minded thing to get upset about. It's like, I dunno, watching an old hand-drawn cartoon and getting mad about all the paper they threw away in the process. Sure, it's not not a problem, but c'mon.

e: ^^^This is a good point. In any kitchen there are always hungry people, and it's taking increasingly more people to make these newer Babish videos. I'm sure stuff gets eaten.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

the problem is you're not getting the giant baked manna from stoner heaven, you're getting the little stoner-manna flavored cookie depicted much smaller and off to the right

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

prayer group posted:

You know how much food gets thrown away on a daily basis in the US alone, right? You ever work in a restaurant? Perfectly good food goes in the trash all the time. I'm not saying it's a good thing by any means (it's a travesty and there are absolutely more hungry people in the world than we have any excuse for) but I am saying it's a kind of small-minded thing to get upset about. It's like, I dunno, watching an old hand-drawn cartoon and getting mad about all the paper they threw away in the process. Sure, it's not not a problem, but c'mon.

e: ^^^This is a good point. In any kitchen there are always hungry people, and it's taking increasingly more people to make these newer Babish videos. I'm sure stuff gets eaten.

That and he said at the end he was donating a sizeable amount to a local food kitchen to atone for the food waste. And more generally, his videos help and encourage people to learn how to cook for themselves with fresh ingredients, and with a viewer base as large as his I'd say his net contribution to society is overwhelmingly positive

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

My Lovely Horse posted:

It's not like that food would otherwise have gone to feed the hungry. Realistically, it makes no difference whether he wastes that food or not because the world is set up in such a way that more food than necessary or desirable is available to some people while less than required is available to others. You can go to your local supermarket, buy a bunch of food and throw it straight in the garbage and you're not depriving anyone of anything because the people who needed it were never going to get that food anyway.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

representative of the Doobie rib

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

I'm the zero likes on that post.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
*walking across crosswalk, almost gets hit by a taxi*
"Hey, I'm hoppin' here!"

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

That gray sludge is reportedly "ham fat and mashed potato".

anyone have another copy of this handy? I would like to see ham fat and mashed potato and inflict it on other people

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Oh boy ham fat and potato were the least of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I always eat black eyed peas but never heard of greens for new years