Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

mobby_6kl posted:

There's also Nvidia Ansel which is presumably more supported: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/ansel/

Sweet, never knew there was a standalone, I thought it required that Experience crap.

Edit: :lol:, should've clicked the link before posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Collateral posted:

Is the game playable yet?

nope. it doesn't have AI. hard to believe, but it's true!

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
I play this game like i play skyrim. 1. Crouch 2. Kill anything that moves with bow/silenced gun 3. loot everything. Damage numbers get ridiculous once all the multipliers stack up from various perks.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I just stumbled into a side gig that was 7 levels above me and after multiple tries and restarts, figured out how to break in, sneak and reboot optics my way to the goal. I was detected as I hacked the computer but I’d planned my escape route and burst out on to the streets to my waiting bike as the very lethal bullets zinged around me It was really fun and nice to have a challenge again.

I was also pleased to learn that there is reactivity with Judy after you complete the romance. I called her and she knew about my latest big mission. It’s pretty rudimentary and the calls dialog flows kind of funny, but it’s nice that V and her can stay in touch.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

doingitwrong posted:

I just stumbled into a side gig that was 7 levels above me and after multiple tries and restarts, figured out how to break in, sneak and reboot optics my way to the goal. I was detected as I hacked the computer but I’d planned my escape route and burst out on to the streets to my waiting bike as the very lethal bullets zinged around me It was really fun and nice to have a challenge again.

I was also pleased to learn that there is reactivity with Judy after you complete the romance. I called her and she knew about my latest big mission. It’s pretty rudimentary and the calls dialog flows kind of funny, but it’s nice that V and her can stay in touch.

She also texts you from time to time, something bad romance option Panam does not.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

She also texts you from time to time, something bad romance option Panam does not.

I really liked V's reaction to being called Calabacita.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
lol, the high sodium Cyberpunk type of people are now uploading their hot takes to Youtube. E.g. if things like a specific artstyle you personally don't agree with make a thing a trainwreck, you shouldn't probably be reviewing things. Meanwhile the game's still the top seller on Steam.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

mobby_6kl posted:

Never lift

All CHOOH2 no brakes.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah, I love Judy's cute-rear end drunktexts.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

KaptainKrunk posted:

The lack of enemy variety (and functional combat AI, which hopefully they or modders fix...) is a big bummer. Game definitely needs more organics and robots and crazy Maelstrom monstrosities. The gangs fighting more or less the same is disappointing.

i saw like 2 robots. There's also drones that aren't just the ones you see in the heist and there's maybe some big mech bots that aren't just the act 1 mechs.

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Yeah I gotta agree. It seems obvious that chroming yourself has benefits, but should make you more vulnerable to enemy hackers. Like sure I've got some sweet new cyber legs, but that means someone can turn off my legs remotely now.

The tabeltop game makes you lose "humanity" with every piece of hardware installed, but the system isn't really fleshed out. maybe it's more robust in Red, but idk

iirc you roll dice for every install and it reduces your humanity (which is 10 * empathy), and you can lose humanity for traumatic events, and you can pay a lot of money and time for cybertherapy to get humanity back up towards your original empathy stat. Zero is "snapped cyberpsycho" and the psycho squad is probably going to come?

quote:

Incidentally the government (and corporations) are not going to wait for you to go over the edge. It is quite common for governments or corporations (who are often the de-facto government) to track people who are known to install lots of cyberware. This is another reason ripperdocs exist; not everyone wants to be on a government watch list for cyberpsychosis. People who are near the edge are politely asked (that is, required) to register. A registered Cyberpsycho is on something like parole. They must attend periodic therapy sessions to keep them human. They have implants to monitor their activity. So long as they don't do anything nutty, they can go on with their lives as normal.

A Cyberpsycho who goes over the edge is often killed outright. Cyberpsychos usually have enough implanted hardware to cause significant damage, and are a threat to anyone they come across. Most police departments will not go out of their way to risk people's lives trying to take the psycho alive. But if the Psycho can be subdued, they will be strapped down and all of their cybernetics deactivated. They are forcibly jacked into a custom braindance, where a Cyberpsychologist (sometimes called a Psychoshrink) attempts to piece their personality back together.

Over weeks or months, the Cyberpsycho gradually regains their humanity. They may even eventually become human enough to install cybernetics again (assuming they are not in prison for crimes committed on their rampage). But they are never really the same again. Mental damage from cyberpsychosis will change aspects of their personality, and follow them their entire lives.

quote:

Cyberpsychosis is a dissociative disorder which occurs when someone with preexisting psychopathic tendencies enhances themselves via cybernetics to the point they no longer see themselves or others as complete, sapient organisms, but simply as a collection of replaceable parts. Common symptoms of cyberpsychosis include lack of self-preservation, complete disregard for others, poor impulse control, and explosive outbursts. Let's get this clear from the start: if you already have these underlying psychological issues (in game represented by a very low Empathy) you are more likely to be a candidate for cyberpsychosis).

Also i think having low humanity actually reduces your functional empathy, so any roll for an empathy skill is going to get increasingly penalized as your humanity goes down.
E: there are only two empathy skills: Conversation, and Human Perception. This means someone who's getting close to psycho just literally cannot understand the motivations of other people and will probably botch the gently caress out of their rolls to detect motivations of NPCs, and they're so weird they can't steer normal conversations to getting information out of people.

If someone in the party is a medtech i think they can do therapy on other people but I dunno exactly what they need to do it. They can do a ton of other poo poo too that's pretty cool.

Also a lot of the poo poo that i thought caused humanity loss don't do that anymore, like having cyber hair is not weird enough to push you over the edge into psycho mode, the things that make you lose humanity are things that let you do stuff that isn't normal for your average human, or having 4 arms, or having maelstrom eyes, that kinda poo poo.

The Lone Badger posted:

They're not really a netrunner, given that they never do any actual netrunning. It's all on-site hacks, mostly as a way to kill people.

The normal net is down but a "real" netrunner could still do somewhat remote poo poo like T-Bug did so yeah I'm gonna say V is a solo. I think the main reason T-Bug was able to get in was because of the drone? Otherwise she might have had to be onsite. Actual netrunners get the augmented reality goggles so they can see what's in the net and what's going on around them at the same time, so unless you have some kind of long distance link you actually do have to be onsite in Red. V can't actually do the deep dive poo poo a real netrunner could do, from what i've seen so far.

CareyB posted:

Are you kidding? Half my immersion comes from reaching an objective, then driving around for 20 minutes at 5 miles an hour trying to find suitable parking that isn’t 250+ meters away. City living!

gently caress that, i park in the lobby

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Dec 30, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Listen DO NOT get me started on the traffic infrastructure in this game because I have some STRONG opinions about it.

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012
I don't understand why there isn't an option for both Johnny and V to go to the digital afterlife. This would be the easiest outcome for Alt to perform, because there wouldn't be any biological complications with the host body rejecting anything. Even if V decides not to keep the original body, it shouldn't necessarily mean that Johnny must take the body.

I guess it is because it's assumed that taking the real body is always the better choice. I suppose that you'd be able to soulkiller yourself anytime you want to be uploaded to the Net. So even if V only has 6 months to live, that's just bonus time in the real world before V has to upload. The only risk is getting flatlined before using soulkiller.

Actually, my choice would be to both uploaded myself as a backup and keep my real body by removing Silverhand. This is basically what Saburo did that prevented him from dying when Kentaro killed him. This choice probably wasn't included because it would trivialize the decision unless you don't trust Alt at all, or have a moral objection to digitizing your consciousness or something.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
There’s no way to un-track all objectives is there?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
P:laying on my 3 year old PC, I get fairly regular crashes on the settings it defaulted to, any suggestions on what setting I should change or how to diagnose the problem, or is stability still an issue on PC? I think I exceed all of the minimum requirements, I have 12Gb RAM which is the recommended amount. Can dig uip the full specs if anyone thinks that'll help but the crashes seem to be the only issue I have and I can always repeat what I was doing an move past it, so I think I should be able to turn something down and fix this.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I romanced Panam because she is the most realistic portrayal of the kind of women i date ever in a video game. I am grateful that Judy is lesbian only because she is the most realistic portrayal of all the women I cheated on those other women with.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
In a span of 30 minutes I stopped a car from intentionally driving off a cliff thus killing itself, failed to prevent the death of a suicidal man, and walked into a room with a woman who had killed herself.

Pretty heavy on the suicide stuff but drat is this game awesome.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Samurai Sanders posted:

There’s no way to un-track all objectives is there?

You can go to a tracked objective and untrack it I think, but it'll retrack one of the main objectives? Don't remember offhand. I've had stuff when a main objective is on the backburner like when Rogue is looking up data for a day and then gets the info it automatically retracks to her.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Savy Saracen salad posted:

Oh my god you feel like a loving rear end in a top hat if you have a one night stand with Judy. If you follow her back to the cottage you see her crying on the couch. Later she deletes your number.

Jesus even male V recognizes that judy was pretty emotionally manipulated by evelyn and this is a bad time. :stonk:

Bust Rodd posted:

I romanced Panam because she is the most realistic portrayal of the kind of women i date ever in a video game. I am grateful that Judy is lesbian only because she is the most realistic portrayal of all the women I cheated on those other women with.

Judy is the type that I generally settle down with for like a 5 year relationship until they decide that I'm not good enough or not going in the direction they want. :smith:

Eitherway, stop cheating on them you monster.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Dec 30, 2020

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Axe-man posted:

Jesus even male V recognizes that judy was pretty emotionally manipulated by evelyn and this is a bad time. :stonk:

and in that storyline is the only time when v straight up tells johnny to shut the gently caress up

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

All the best interactions with Johnny are the ones where I tell him to shut the gently caress up.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

THIS WORKS

It's slightly more involved, but for high res photos, basically:
- Set up photo
- Under Hotsampling, pick your extra high resolution
- Use Screenshot program (like GeForce Now) to take it from that resolution (if you press Spacebar from Photo mode it'll only output your normal resolution file)
- Then click Fake Fullscreen to revert back to your normal resolution!

So not super optimised, but definitely works! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Also the free camera thing with changing night/day works really well too
Also pausing
Also can move forward by a couple frames at a time for those precise shots

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
https://streamable.com/qow89y

lmbo

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Listen DO NOT get me started on the traffic infrastructure in this game because I have some STRONG opinions about it.

I love how American the city is. I also like how well driving everywhere works: since it's a game, there is never any actual traffic. Even if there is a bit of traffic you can just zoom through on a motorbike, not like there's any risk :v:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

jaete posted:

I love how American the city is. I also like how well driving everywhere works: since it's a game, there is never any actual traffic. Even if there is a bit of traffic you can just zoom through on a motorbike, not like there's any risk :v:

It's supposed to be like built on the remains of several cities including like LA, so yeahhhhh I'd rather not have a realistic traffic sim on this game.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
lol that the only romance option for straight lady V is a cop

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pattonesque posted:

River is good

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Pattonesque posted:

Well, Ex-cop.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

quote:

Cyberpunk 2077 - I love this janky piece of poo poo game

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Axe-man posted:

It's supposed to be like built on the remains of several cities including like LA, so yeahhhhh I'd rather not have a realistic traffic sim on this game.

Nah, Night City is an entirely new city built in the early-90s (I believe) and was originally called Coronado City. It's somewhere between the Bay Area and LA (around San Louis Obispo, I think) and was planned from the ground up as a model city kind of like Brasilia. Problem is, the city's founder (Mr. Night, I forget his first name) was killed by mysterious corporate agents at some point during construction. The corps took over and instead of following Night's meticulous plans they did whatever the gently caress they wanted to do and made the city a mess of competing needs, design, and architecture. Add to years of basically zero city services, no building codes, and a massive transient population and you get what you see in CP2077. LA is still there, but it's mostly underwater since the big earthquake and The Bay continues to be The Bay.

Andrast posted:

River is good

Don't gently caress cops. A solid rule in this game and in real life.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
There's still video in TW3 that are like ".01% of the community knows this particular voice line exists", and I think something similar is going on in this game. It isn't quite Kojima levels of see a thing -> make a call for context, but I am consistently surprised at the incidental and completely missable dialogue in this game.

Hint: Use your phone and talk to the characters, even if it's just blue options. You can't always call them and stuff, but they do have some reactivity to stuff.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Uh there's a whole song about how you should
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51t1OsPSdBc

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Dog Kisser posted:

Uh there's a whole song about how you should
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51t1OsPSdBc

Phrasing, man!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

I've been told my whole life to do the opposite. I've done my part.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

KaptainKrunk posted:

The lack of enemy variety (and functional combat AI, which hopefully they or modders fix...) is a big bummer. Game definitely needs more organics and robots and crazy Maelstrom monstrosities. The gangs fighting more or less the same is disappointing.

Yeah it is a bit of a bummer. Like during the heist smasher crashes into the side of the delamain and blocks it with his tank like body, and you have assassins with mantis blades and holes in their bodies hanging off the vehicle. Two awesome, memorable plot beats that explore the extremes of what chrome can do.

Then after that... Basically nothing. Even the extremist chrome maelstrom guys fight and are taken out pretty much the same as the proud boy mercs or whatever. They don't really do much with enemy variation

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

I don't know if you guys noticed, but Panam has a custom walking animation where she takes smaller steps, extra quickly, with her legs together, for maximum rear end aesthetics.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
It is with great sadness that I have to declare 2020 the year that black metal became mainstream because of Cyberpunk 2077. RIP Christraping black metal, hail FPSraping black metal I guess?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nah, Night City is an entirely new city built in the early-90s (I believe) and was originally called Coronado City. It's somewhere between the Bay Area and LA (around San Louis Obispo, I think) and was planned from the ground up as a model city kind of like Brasilia. Problem is, the city's founder (Mr. Night, I forget his first name) was killed by mysterious corporate agents at some point during construction. The corps took over and instead of following Night's meticulous plans they did whatever the gently caress they wanted to do and made the city a mess of competing needs, design, and architecture. Add to years of basically zero city services, no building codes, and a massive transient population and you get what you see in CP2077. LA is still there, but it's mostly underwater since the big earthquake and The Bay continues to be The Bay.

Yeah. Also it's now in the Free State of North Carolina, which means it's technically part of the NUSA but it can also mostly do what it wants.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I once found out after an orgy that one of the participants was a cop and I felt genuinely hosed up about it afterwards lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

I once found out after an orgy that one of the participants was a cop and I felt genuinely hosed up about it afterwards lol

You are definitely in the running for weirdest posts in the thread, choom.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Infinite Karma posted:

I don't know if you guys noticed, but Panam has a custom walking animation where she takes smaller steps, extra quickly, with her legs together, for maximum rear end aesthetics.

I'd like to think the game was delayed for two years solely to achieve that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
Is this supposed "carrier in the bay" actually visible anywhere?