Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

dyzzy posted:

You can also do a side quest for Blue where Red provides sniper overwatch from a rooftop. She's the real deal, though I didn't test things out to see if she actually intervenes.

Wait, what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
I’m trying to decide which arm mod to go for, do Mantis Blades open up any fun [Eviscerate]-ish dialogue options, and will legendary Gorilla Arms let me cheese my way through the fist-fight quests with a 6 Body character?

e: also it’s amazing that the bugs have so completely overshadowed everything else about the game that “press ‘f’ to crucify” hasn’t made a splash.

Lazyhound fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 30, 2020

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
mantis blades are super fun to just kite people and spam your blades, but the animation where you stab people and lift them above your head sucks because you keep taking damage

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

mcbexx posted:

Wait, what?

also this. is there other quests with the UsCracks?

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Dapper_Swindler posted:

also this. what are the USCracks?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

also this. is there other quests with the UsCracks?

Depending on how it goes with Kerry you may get a mission about one of them having a stalker a few days after.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

nerve posted:

mantis blades are super fun to just kite people and spam your blades, but the animation where you stab people and lift them above your head sucks because you keep taking damage

Equipping the non-lethal eye cyberware mod applies to the blades and disables this animation from happening, fyi.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

afflictionwisp
Aug 26, 2003
I've had this Epic Quasar for a while that was random loot but I also just unlocked Legendary crafting specs. Does anyone know if it's possible for a crafted Quasar to roll with this dual-shot property?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

afflictionwisp posted:

I've had this Epic Quasar for a while that was random loot but I also just unlocked Legendary crafting specs. Does anyone know if it's possible for a crafted Quasar to roll with this dual-shot property?

I must have crated close to 100 and I have never seen it on a legendary. But with that being said, I prefer the legendary over the purple.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Khanstant posted:

Why does he keep coming up? Just a pop character from the tabletop version or what? I googled him but lost interest when I realized he was neither a pirate, nor a man with one black hand.

CP2020 the tabletop RPG had a number of roles (think D&D classes) and an iconic character that went with each role, who generally featured in the art and writing throughout the game. Johnny Silverhand was the iconic example of the Rockerboy role, Santiago Aldecados was the iconic Nomad, and Alt Cunningham was the original iconic for Netrunner (later replaced by Spider Murphy after Alt's death, who you see in the Arasaka Tower mission). Morgan Blackhand was one of two iconic Solos (the muder-hobo role), with the other being Adam Smasher, each of them exemplifying a different end of the mercenary scale: Adam Smasher being a totally metalled out crazy killer, and Morgan Blackhand being a relatively low cybernetic character (hand, eye, and smartlink, iirc) who relied on cunning and experience to defeat more powerful enemies.

Most of the iconic characters from the RPG pop up in the game, except for Morgan who gets a single mention, so a lot of people think he might show up in DLC since he was probably the second biggest NPC in the books after Johnny. Of course, the problem is he was pushing 50 in 2020, so it's very doubtful that he's alive in the flesh by 2077.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Dec 30, 2020

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

dyzzy posted:

She doesn't say V can't go back in- she says that because the chip has altered the brain so much already, their mind would be seen as 'foreign' by their own body and eventually succumb to... whatever you call that. Though, I don't know why they don't bring up trying to make another chip with Helman's data and shooting V in the head again

"Relic Tech Support... yes, that's a common issue. Have you tried shooting them in the head again? That's a hard reset and usually clears up the problem."

"No, we can't skip that step in troubleshooting, just get a gun out..."

"I'm sorry, according to the telemetry you haven't even performed the initial headshot, so you shouldn't be having this issue in the first place."

"And I can't escalate this ticket until the shooting part of the troubleshooting has been done."

"Looking at your customer records, it appears you do have the required level of Trauma Team support, so I'm putting in an expedited request for them to come over and apply some trauma. When you're recovered enough to finish the troubleshooting steps, just call back in and continue. I'm leaving the ticket open for now, but will close it in 72 hours if there's no further contact."

"Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

"One of my cow-orkers moonlights as a joytoy, so I really don't need to do it myself."

"Thank you for calling Relic Tech Support, and have a nice day!"

"Fuckhead."

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

her head keep sliding to the left

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 30, 2020

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

CP2020 the tabletop RPG had a number of roles (think D&D classes) and an iconic character that went with each role, who generally featured in the art and writing throughout the game. Johnny Silverhand was the iconic example of the Rockerboy role, Santiago Aldecados was the iconic Nomad, and Alt Cunningham was the original iconic for Netrunner (later replaced by Spider Murphy after Alt's death, who you see in the Arasaka Tower mission). Morgan Blackhand was one of two iconic Solos (the muder-hobo role), with the other being Adam Smasher, each of them exemplifying a different end of the mercenary scale: Adam Smasher being a totally metalled out crazy killer, and Morgan Blackhand being a relatively low cybernetic character (hand, eye, and smartlink, iirc) who relied on cunning and experience to defeat more powerful enemies.

Most of the iconic characters from the RPG pop up in the game, except for Morgan who gets a single mention, so a lot of people think he might show up in DLC since he was probably the second biggest NPC in the books after Johnny. Of course, the problem is he was pushing 50 in 2020, so it's very doubtful that he's alive in the flesh by 2077.
The game files for Mr. Blue Eyes are titled "M_Blackhand", apparently

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 30, 2020

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNqWPtcXk5w

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Prob has better side quests also.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I checked my folder to see if I took an USCracks shot, but didn't find out. I did find these lil baby arms in a sex scene that cracked me up.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

LifeSunDeath posted:

her head keep sliding to the left

This game has legs.

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012

terrorist ambulance posted:

Where do they talk about that with Saburo? I remember reading text and e-mails about it, but don't remember it ever being explicit. Is it the Corpo ending? I haven't done that yet

Yes, they go into detail about this in the ending where you help Hanako.

This still doesn't change V's best option though, which is keep a digital backup while living out the rest of the six months in the original body.
It's a shame that this wasn't the real secret ending imo.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The Gadfly posted:

Yes, they go into detail about this in the ending where you help Hanako.

This still doesn't change V's best option though, which is keep a digital backup while living out the rest of the six months in the original body.
It's a shame that this wasn't the real secret ending imo.

I'm inclined to agree, but isn't it possible any backups of V are going to be gobbled up by Alt? I'm personally okay with that, but it might not be what V is into? I also wonder about the other risks of the digital backups. Each backup is essentially it's own sentient being. Would suck if somebody ghostbusted cyber V into a new mikoshi or some other digital prison.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

overall. i liked my experience with cyberpunk 2077 and i can't wait to play a new game plus with all the dlc and addons on the ps5 edition like next year in November.

i started as a corpo strong solo with guns/swords and steady coolness and ended up riding off into the sunset with panam after loving up arasaka and blew smashers brains out with johnnys pistol, i felt like that was the best redemption arc for him.

i will say i sorta preferred Witcher 3 when it came to story structure and poo poo but i feel like that was because i sat on the game until all the DLC was out and than beat all of that in one play through so it felt like big old adventure mini series and a big old journey. cyberpunk felt weirdly too short and weirdly paced. many of the characters are loving great and the story and themes are too but it doesn't flow as well as i wished it did. i like that it was a small story more about personal salvation than saving world and hobnobbing with elites but i do wish the quests were more dynamic and there were more big quests outside the romance ones.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 30, 2020

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Yo V, stopping coughing all over your expensive cyber hand. You've literally got another cheap, coughworthy meathand RIGHT THERE

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
After a week of not playing, I can't even remember anything about v. Tofu the main character.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
wtf is up with Beat on the Brat: Arroyo, this dude takes exactly one (1) percent damage from every punch, it sucks

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

After a week of not playing, I can't even remember anything about v. Tofu the main character.

i dont think he is that bad. V is sorta of a more set in stone version of Shepard, you can sorta pick background and how they express personality but they are always like that but much like geralt, you can't twist them that far.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Pattonesque posted:

wtf is up with Beat on the Brat: Arroyo, this dude takes exactly one (1) percent damage from every punch, it sucks

Might be underleveled, I one-punch manned him and his punkass friends but at that same point another fight I was doing 1%ers too.

If ever having trouble in a fistfight, just cheat and drop a weapon on the ground before the fight. Then hit r to equip it once fight starts and you use whatever weapon you're best with.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
These NCPD warnings sometimes feel a little redundant!

(Also, they should really disappear during photo mode)

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
are the us cracks missions gigs? I never met them - thought I saw all the major non gig content.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Feminine V is called "Valerie" by the doll at Clouds. What was Male V? Vincent?
Considering it read your mind and they have your credit chip info that takes weirdly too long too process in 2077, it makes me think that's your actual name.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Equipping the non-lethal eye cyberware mod applies to the blades and disables this animation from happening, fyi.

How do you remove cyberware mods? That eye mod has enough bonuses and maluses that I don't want to have it on all the time.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ravenfood posted:

How do you remove cyberware mods? That eye mod has enough bonuses and maluses that I don't want to have it on all the time.
Because the UI design hates you, you can't. Your only option is to look through cyberdoc trade tab screens to shop around for literally any other eye mod to swap it out for if you don't already have some looted to pop in.

If you are speaking in terms of "I feel like +50% headshot bonus is overpowered but I have 3 mod slots and don't want to replace it with non-lethal or the power shot ricochet indicator", downgrade to a weaker eyeball which has less mod slots.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Dec 30, 2020

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Pattonesque posted:

Do you have the Gorilla Arms mod?

Every BotB mission besides the first assumes that your character is actually built to fight in unarmed melee, and a key part of your damage output will be the Gorilla Arms mod. You can get by with -just- the Gorilla Arms if your character built is aimed at something else, but be prepared for a frustrating experience as it will only take two or three hits from them to knock you out.

Another thing to watch out for is whether the mission is listed as "Moderate" for your current level. The opponents have a set level and being significantly under that won't do you any favors.

Still, be prepared for long slugging matches. I remember the finale for me being a succession of 1x Heavy Punch followed by 3-4 light punches and a period of dodging, and each cycle took maybe 4-5% off my opponents health. 10 if I was lucky with crits.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Slashrat posted:

Do you have the Gorilla Arms mod?

Every BotB mission besides the first assumes that your character is actually built to fight in unarmed melee, and a key part of your damage output will be the Gorilla Arms mod. You can get by with -just- the Gorilla Arms if your character built is aimed at something else, but be prepared for a frustrating experience as it will only take two or three hits from them to knock you out.

Another thing to watch out for is whether the mission is listed as "Moderate" for your current level. The opponents have a set level and being significantly under that won't do you any favors.

Still, be prepared for long slugging matches. I remember the finale for me being a succession of 1x Heavy Punch followed by 3-4 light punches and a period of dodging, and each cycle took maybe 4-5% off my opponents health. 10 if I was lucky with crits.

yeah I tried it once at very hard, got my rear end beat, then came back at moderate and ... got my rear end beat. I really don't have much invested in unarmed so that's prolly the issue!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i dont think he is that bad. V is sorta of a more set in stone version of Shepard, you can sorta pick background and how they express personality but they are always like that but much like geralt, you can't twist them that far.

You could only be Jesus shepard or hitler shepard, in the dark future of the discovery of mass effect there is only those extremes, and also they call all the jedi, spectre.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Firstborn posted:

Feminine V is called "Valerie" by the doll at Clouds. What was Male V? Vincent?
Considering it read your mind and they have your credit chip info that takes weirdly too long too process in 2077, it makes me think that's your actual name.

Yeah, it's Vincent

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/tanisthe...genumber%3D5502

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Whhhaaaaat?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Secretly a shadowrun game but with halflings instead of dwarves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Amazing