Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
the final battle has begun, log in and defend goon space!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
Wow poo poo

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Can I get a summary or some poo poo at least op. It's EVE online

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
a long invasion of our goon homelands is culminating in a battle thats happening right now. this should be one of those things that gets its own wikipedia entry, and not like EVE wiki the real one. we are defending one of our Keepstar bases, not even the important one

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Eve

Eve Online

Somebody fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jan 2, 2021

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
more than 5000+ people in system

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I've never played EVE, I'll likely never play EVE but goddamn, I'll follow Goonfleet threads.

Godspeed.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Wtf is that poo poo

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

So I totally understand what’s happening in here, but maybe for the less educated you could explain what’s happening in here, OP

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

1redflag posted:

So I totally understand what’s happening in here, but maybe for the less educated you could explain what’s happening in here, OP

all those ships you can see are Titans, the largest ships in EVE Online. they are nerd chariots of the highest order and are basically Star Citizen ships but in a real game. each one costs about $1,300 of real world money if you wanted to just buy it. 6 were destroyed in the screenshot i posted

the beams of light are doomsday devices, they are like the deathstar beam and if you use enough of them you can destroy a titan in one shot. we are destroying many many titans right now :twisted:

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
drat, thats pretty cool. how big are goons? not the biggest anymore right? been years since i read any poo poo

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Quotey posted:

drat, thats pretty cool. how big are goons? not the biggest anymore right? been years since i read any poo poo

we're the largest alliance in the game, but we are currently being invaded by a coalition of the three alliances below us in numbers. they have been losing. if this battle goes to plan the war will be over

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
So why are all the spaceships fighting OP. Doesn't look as cool as the space battle in The Dark Forest.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pakistani politics posted:

So why are all the spaceships fighting OP. Doesn't look as cool as the space battle in The Dark Forest.

they are trying to kick goonswarm out of our space and destroy us :(

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

defund goon space more like

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I still have all of my flashing solodrakban seizure gifs. That makes me happy.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
someone flying the equivalent of a space moped should live stream the battle in full screen mode

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib

Rutibex posted:

they are trying to kick goonswarm out of our space and destroy us :(

Well I'm from our space and I say, GIVE 'EM HELL

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

gary oldmans diary posted:

someone flying the equivalent of a space moped should live stream the battle in full screen mode

that would be me, i'm currently flying an invisible space moped watching. i don't have a titan unfortunately :(

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
im not gonna say i know how to screencast to youtube but it is ridiculous and irresponsible that you dont
i bet geforce experience or whatever amds equivalent can do it in 1 click. screen recording by itself is already super easy with it so

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
Ship goes pew pew

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

You're a cock tease Rutibex nobody cares about screenshots of weapons firing we want to read posts. Teary posts.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

im not gonna say i know how to screencast to youtube but it is ridiculous and irresponsible that you dont
i bet geforce experience or whatever amds equivalent can do it in 1 click. screen recording by itself is already super easy with it so

https://twitch.tv/imperiumnews

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
vr only

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
There's a stream of it, though it's really boring to watch even if you know what's going on.

https://twitch.tv/imperiumnews

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
its gotta be way closer. theres a "way too much information to decode the matrix" scenario going on

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
talkin eve online event online on new year's eve eve evening

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

its gotta be way closer. theres a "way too much information to decode the matrix" scenario going on

there really isn't much "going on". large eve battles are insanely laggy. its not like a super strategic star wars battle, its basically two fat guys doing tug-of-war in a pit full of frozen maple syrup

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Rutibex posted:

there really isn't much "going on". large eve battles are insanely laggy. its not like a super strategic star wars battle, its basically two fat guys doing tug-of-war in a pit full of frozen maple syrup

Sounds enthralling. Please keep us updated.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
One time some goons made fun of a worse goon's rallying EVE speech and said goon who made the speech tried invoking copyright as a reason to stop being made fun of and the very same goon got permabanned and all mention of EVE was verboten for a while afterward https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2500357

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

EorayMel posted:

One time some goons made fun of a worse goon's rallying EVE speech and said goon who made the speech tried invoking copyright as a reason to stop being made fun of and the very same goon got permabanned and all mention of EVE was verboten for a while afterward https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2500357

all of my posts are covered under Creative Commons open-source license

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

stratdax posted:

Sounds enthralling. Please keep us updated.

I couldn't imagine watching it, but getting a general play by play afterwards is kind of fascinating.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

i remember this part in gurren lagann

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Are ya winning, son?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
dude on twitch was talking about cleaning the frosty machine at wendys and i thought of iworkatwendys but that drat goon changed his name (idiot!)
https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&username=iworkatwendys

Woden
May 6, 2006

What's the Borg cube lookin' thing?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Are ya winning, son?

we are trading ships pretty steadily on each side, goons are pulling ahead. but just the fact that this battle is happening means we win; our alliance is extreamly rich we have more titans than we do titan pilots. this is not even our main HQ, or the emergency backup HQ.

that means if we trade ships 1:1 their invasion is over and we are still a major power

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i have currently successfully jammed over 1500 titans since the fight began across just my alts, i have a couple other guys with me too :)

note: it takes over 2 minutes in this kind of tidi to even begin to start locking, let alone locking and activating guns/modules (another 2 minutes or more!)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Woden posted:

What's the Borg cube lookin' thing?

thats our Keepstar. its a space castle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bomb-omb Texting
Sep 24, 2009
Is this finally the end game for EVE?