Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Imagine having $1300 to blow on stuff that's not motorcyles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

are you the star wars or the star treks

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Rutibex posted:

its basically two fat guys doing tug-of-war in a pit full of frozen maple syrup

Like I said, cock tease.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
is imperium still racist as heck

Woden
May 6, 2006
The streamer man said maintenance is in 8 hours, what happens if the fight is still going when the servers shut down?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

interwhat posted:

Imagine having $1300 to blow on stuff that is mototcycles

I'd have at least one more motorcycle

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Phy posted:

Imagine having $1300 to blow on stuff that is mototcycles

I'd have at least one more motorcycle

Racecars. Always racecars. Spring is just around the corner...

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Woden posted:

The streamer man said maintenance is in 8 hours, what happens if the fight is still going when the servers shut down?

they are trying to break the armor of our keepstar. it regenerates very quickly, so they need to keep up constant damage. when the server goes down we win. the armor will regenerate when they are all kicked off for nighty maintenance

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Really getting sick of all these star wars

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

interwhat posted:

From what I recall of eve those are figures that represent the hypothetical value of microtransactions vs the endgame economy. So it’s not so much that people dumped a 1300 digital ship in their eve shopping cart and accepted a bill for 1300 to their real credit card so much as there’s stuff that people paid 10 bucks for that can be traded for the equivalent of 1/130 of the resources needed to make that ship and it can therefor be extrapolated that the value of the ship is 1300 usd.

Actually having those ships tends to be more the result of a bunch of people combining in game farmable resources. Which is presumably why OP is hinting that goons have more at their disposal.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
90 titans dead so far, not even close to done. about $120,000 of internet spaceships now e-dust

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

What precipitated this attack? Were you warned in advance by any means?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mikerock posted:

What precipitated this attack? Were you warned in advance by any means?

2020 has basically been World War 2 in EVE, this is the capstone battle
https://imperium.news/world-war-bee-week-25/

quote:

Week 25 of World War Bee was basically even with week 24, with 27 noteworthy hostile actions and a few major battles, outside of border skirmishes, per INN’s tracking. Action was as diverse as the prior week, with Delve, Querious, Catch, and other regions in the mix.

The ISK split in the war zone of the Southwest remains 65% to 35% in favor of the attackers. The belligerents have lost 55.4 trillion ISK, up 1.3 trillion week over week, with 509,697 ships lost, an increase of 14 thousand week over week.

Across New Eden, since July 1, the ISK split is now 46.5% to 53.5% in favor of the attackers, another week over week for the Imperium for a fourth consecutive week. The belligerents have lost 71 trillion ISK, an increase of 2 trillion week over week, with 602 thousand ships lost, an increase of 17 thousand week over week. The average ship cost 117,900,000 ISK. A rough estimate of the real world cost of the war is no less than 987,000 USD/740,000 GBP/829,000 EUR.

There were six fights in week 25 that exceeded 20 billion ISK in total losses, three of which were strategic victories for the Imperium, one was a strategic draw, and two were third-party fights for PAPI forces. Of particular note was the death of the NOL-M9 Keepstar, a major dreadnought brawl in Scalding Pass, and a failed dreadbomb by the Imperium in T5ZI-S.

The three major theaters are the North (Fountain and the border with Aridia and Cloud Ring as well as northern Delve), the South (the rest of Delve, Querious, and Period Basis), and the East (Paragon Soul, Stain, and Esoteria).

THE NORTHERN THEATER

Skirmishes in the North continue to be sparse and relatively expensive small gang actions, including several ratting gangs getting ambushed with expensive ships and pods. Monday was a relatively busy day as an Elitist Ops gang ambushed a Pandemic Horde Nyx in Northern Delve. Some time later, PAPI forces dropped Eagles, Tempest Fleet Issues, and capitals on an Imperium Cerberus fleet, killing 3.2 billion ISK for 2.1 billion in losses.

THE EASTERN THEATER

During week 25 of the war, Catch saw a significant uptick in action. The week began Sunday with the Reavers SIG and The Initiative reinforcing Legacy’s primary staging of GE-8JV in Catch, losing 8.5 billion ISK while killing 8.2 billion. Shortly afterwards, the Reavers then ambushed a Maller gang further up the pipe, killing 1.6 billion ISK for 3.3 million in losses. Two days later, on Tuesday, the Imperium showed up to challenge Legacy’s defense of the Brave capital system, but ultimately failed to kill the iHub, despite destroying 19 billion ISK for 12.2 billion in losses.
iHubs in Catch. Image courtesy DOTLAN

Wednesday was busy in the East as TEST lost an Azbel in Catch. The Imperium also killed more iHubs in Catch (pictured above). Shortly afterwards, Stain Russians lit into more Legacy gangs, killing 4.1 billion ISK for 111 million in losses around their staging capital. The week finished Saturday with Dreadbomb dropping on some Legacy Hels in Catch, killing 66.2 billion ISK for 584 million in losses.

THE SOUTHERN THEATER

Week 25 in the South began with Goons losing a Tatara in Querious. In short order, a Black Ops gang dropped on Goons in W6V, killing 5.5 billion ISK for 315.5 million in losses, followed by Goons counterdropping on some Black Ops battleships in Delve, killing 3.6 billion. The border skirmish battle report shows the Imperium killing 23.7 billion ISK for 21.7 billion in losses. The Monday border skirmish battle report was much slower, showing the Imperium with 8.2 billion ISK in losses, while PAPI lost 5.6 billion. A busier border skirmish battle report Tuesday saw much more action with the Imperium losing 32 billion ISK for 25.5 billion killed.

Wednesday saw the first anchored Imperium Keepstar lost in NOL-M9 in Delve. Shortly afterwards, the two sides showed down over the GOP-GE iHub, with the Imperium killing 19.9 billion ISK for 7.3 billion in losses but failing to kill the iHub. The Imperium also bumped a Fraternity Leviathan off of a citadel in E-VKJV in Fake Querious, and killing the AFK titan. The border skirmish battle report saw the Imperium kill 13.8 billion ISK for 11.1 billion in losses.

Thursday was relatively quiet for the holiday, with the border skirmish battle report showing the Imperium killing 18.9 billion ISK for 13.2 billion in losses. Friday’s Christmas day battle report was quite interesting as the Imperium failed a dreadbomb on a titan on the T5ZI-S Keepstar, killing 34 billion ISK for 119.4 billion in losses. Saturday had the Imperium defeat a Drekevac gang assaulting a Fortizar in its hull timer, saving the structure, and killing 2 billion ISK for 391 million in losses. Slightly later in the day, a Goon Tech 3 Cruiser gang fended off a Caracal gang hacking an iHub in 0-HDC8, killing 1.4 billion ISK for 570.4 million in losses. The border skirmish battle report to close off the week saw the Imperium kill 39.5 billion ISK for 19.5 billion in losses.

ELSEWHERE IN NEW EDEN

Tuesday saw the Imperium’s John Hartley take a bomber gang to Detorid and kill a number of Unreal Alliance capitals, destroying 46.7 billion ISK for 10.4 billion in losses. The third party fight previously mentioned saw a PanFam show down with Dreadbomb and others in Scalding Pass, with all belligerents losing a total of 340.1 billion ISK. Lastly, the Imperium’s FC Ultra Cow took a battle group to Cobalt Edge killing a number of Veni Vidi Vici capitals as well as a supercarrier, destroying 55 billion ISK for 1.8 billion in losses.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Lol I can’t even keep up with all the conflicts on this planet

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

If fps kids are swatting each other then surely EVE players with their far more obsessive dedication should have escalated this into real world organised violence.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Do they have a reason for attacking us or is it just something fun to do in game?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

my dog died im sad posted:

Do they have a reason for attacking us or is it just something fun to do in game?

this is a war of annihilation; goonswarm are the evil empire final boss of EVE online. each of the three alliances that have joined into a coalition against us have been invaded by goons in the past

120 titans dead now. the numbers are nearly 50/50 as far as number of kills. $160,000 destroyed

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I hope goons dont lose. I will scream if so.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
The "old skool Goons" you think are your friends are people just butthurt they're being kicked out of Eve Online and they want a new spaceship game to be kings of

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
That looks pretty cool and all but have you ever played Night in the Woods? It’s about thiss cat

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Ad by Khad posted:

didnt you get called out for being a weird racist yourself recently why would you tee up like this

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Moon Atari posted:

If fps kids are swatting each other then surely EVE players with their far more obsessive dedication should have escalated this into real world organised violence.

I think, possibly because of this, Eve players are much better at staying anonymous.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

I was in GF about 10 years ago then I got kicked for some stupid reason or another. I thought about joining GROON and remember them having a good butts thread on their forums.

Instead I chose to uninstall the game, and thereby won EVE.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'm so tired of these dang star wars! Can't eve just call a truce?!

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Yes, yes, space battles. Have any good propaganda videos come out of the war, though?

edit for content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfv1QtZDirY

and the Evoke video is magical except for the Heated Gamer Words

Lazyhound fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Dec 31, 2020

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
op hasn't posted an update so this battle is either excruciatingly slow or things are not going as well as goon fleet had hoped

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
They oughta release Eve classic

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Steve Online

Woden
May 6, 2006

Fur20 posted:

op hasn't posted an update so this battle is either excruciatingly slow or things are not going as well as goon fleet had hoped

There's a middle aged dude in a suit covering it for them on Twitch, maybe OP is also old and had to go to bed.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
The guy that owns the space castle should just log out so it can't be attacked.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

feelix posted:

I think, possibly because of this, Eve players are much better at staying anonymous.

To anyone who might be monitoring this thread: my earlier post was not intended to dispute the official findings of any of the ten investigations or to imply that there might be an as of yet unidentified party responsible. If I were to post such an accusation it would be done through an extended proxy chain such that any IP the post could be traced to would not represent my actual location rather than that of an unrelated third party whose only crime is having a compromised device.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

i can see a cocknballs

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
do we have an update wrt the losses?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Ad by Khad posted:

Search your feelings, you know it to be true

Also that old thread linked above is a yuge :yikes: blast from the past, slur city

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Crankit posted:

i can see a cocknballs

good call fella. didn't see that before

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I only like lossy images of spaceships sorry OP.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Weka posted:

I only like lossy images of spaceships sorry OP.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Beep Beep, im a smoske joke!

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
star citizen looking pretty good, how is the cocktail mixing minigame coming along tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BasicLich posted:

do we have an update wrt the losses?

sorry the battle kept going and i am an old man and went to bed :v: i just don't have 10 hour vidya in me any more i guess :(

the final count:

Stereotype posted:

anyway, since goons lost a staggering 124 titans while papi lost a measly 121 titans, and also they succeeded in winning the armor timer on the keepstar in M2- (where is this?), papi has won the battle. the fact that they could not extract by downtime and have told their entire super/titan fleet to stay logged off until saturday when the keepstar hull timer starts also means they won. also vily went to bed because he is tired

This is message the enemy sent out before down time:

quote:

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. NO CAPS OR SUPERS OF ANY KIND ARE TO LOG BACK INTO M2-X AFTER DOWNTIME. DO NOT loving LOG BACK IN.
CAPS AND SUPERS IN M2-X IN THAT SPOT OFF THE KEEPSTAR WILL STAY LOGGED OFF THERE UNTIL THE STRUCTURE TIMER, UNLESS WE PING YOU TO LOGIN BETWEEN NOW AND SATURDAY. WE MIGHT DO THIS ONCE OR TWICE DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION.
ALL SUBCAPS IN M2-X PLEASE STAY ON COMMS AND LISTEN FOR ORDERS.
EVERYONE ELSE, GET READY FOR THE STRUCTURE TIMER THIS SATURDAY, IT’S GOING TO BE EVEN BLOODIER THAN THIS FIGHT!!!
GREAT loving WORK EVERYONE. LOOKING LIKE A SLIGHT VICTORY FOR US FIGTING ON AN ENEMY KEEPSTAR. MOST OF OUR TITANS LOST WILL BE REPLACED BEFORE SATURDAY AS WE HAVE LARGE TITAN CACHES AND GOONS DO NOT. NOW WE GET READY FOR SATURDAY AND SEE IF GOONS WANT TO FIGHT ON A DYING KEEPSTAR THIS TIME.
MORE INFO TO COME ON THIS FIGHT AND WHAT TO DO THE NEXT 3 DAYS SHORTLY

total titans lost 245 or about $320,000 USD. this fight apparently isn't over, they want to go again when the structure timer comes due in a few days! we will see if they have such resolve.