Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

3D Megadoodoo posted:

that's real life, this is a dream. you were bitten by a shark (again) and the shark bite venom put you to sleep.

:wth:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

the most best dream i ever had was a dream where i was old and dying and my son was there (he hadn't been born yet) and he held my hand and everything seemed ok and I was ready to die and then i died.
and when you woke up you were here, in yospos

forever

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

FMguru posted:

and when you woke up you were here, in yospos

forever

honey.

I'm home.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

gently caress I'm a pushover. Okay, no shaming but I'mma fuckin judge

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
last night i had a dream we were walking in a mall and i had the power to explosively create fire from inside of me and we were looking for stores to burn down because evil capitalism.

there was a microsoft store that had moved all of its products into the back and installed giant wooden security doors to prevent this happening again

a specific line i said in the dream: “the only reason they haven’t tried to arrest me is because i’m basically a walking bomb”

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

3D Megadoodoo posted:

don't kinkadeshame

e: i googled the guy and seems like it's great outsider art

ee: "Kinkade died of "acute intoxication" from alcohol and diazepam at the age of 54." a true artiste, I bet he would've also had consumption were it not for the fact that he lived in the USA, the country with the best healthcare in the world.

it's more his abusive behavior and that he ran a painting mill and slapping his signature on ghost artists work. at least warhol had a statement for the factory and made it performance and paid the artists well as part of the collaboration

as far as commercialized art it's inoffensive. to teach him as a significant american artist of the 20th century he might as well have told us that mr coca-cola had a deft eye for the urbane

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

gently caress I'm a pushover. Okay, no shaming but I'mma fuckin judge

ah im right there with you, I dont particularly care about kinkade in the end but it struck me as, idk, outsider teaching?

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

rotor posted:

the most best dream i ever had was a dream where i was old and dying and my son was there (he hadn't been born yet) and he held my hand and everything seemed ok and I was ready to die and then i died.

i had this dream but i was floating on my back in a warm green sea and it was a brightly moonlit night and i knew i was drowning and i was totally at peace

it still gives me profound good vibes to remember 20+ years later

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

it's more his abusive behavior and that he ran a painting mill and slapping his signature on ghost artists work. at least warhol had a statement for the factory and made it performance and paid the artists well as part of the collaboration

as far as commercialized art it's inoffensive. to teach him as a significant american artist of the 20th century he might as well have told us that mr coca-cola had a deft eye for the urbane

ah im right there with you, I dont particularly care about kinkade in the end but it struck me as, idk, outsider teaching?

Warhol was from Pittsburgh

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i read about sleep paralysis here on something awful, and had never heard of it before

a few months later i experienced it for the first time and oh my god i was glad i recognized what had happened, because I would have been really freaked out

beyond of course the creeping raw terror that sleep paralysis induces

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

fart simpson posted:

as an idiot teen i induced sleep paralysis in myself trying to astral project. followed all the steps i could find to make yourself astral project and eventually it “worked” and it was terrifying. ever since then i occasionally get sleep paralysis by accident, especially when im super exhausted. i can feel it coming on sometimes and try to wiggle my toes to snap out of it before it gets too bad and that usually works

i'm sorry but this is very funny

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

my stepdads beer posted:

i'm sorry but this is very funny

yes i agree

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

as an idiot teen i induced sleep paralysis in myself trying to astral project. followed all the steps i could find to make yourself astral project and eventually it “worked” and it was terrifying. ever since then i occasionally get sleep paralysis by accident, especially when im super exhausted. i can feel it coming on sometimes and try to wiggle my toes to snap out of it before it gets too bad and that usually works

im permabanned poster dimensionstomper58. i first started astrally projecting when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “dreams” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like “crystal balls” and “i love making GBS threads inside of alternate planes” in my head for hours, and i would get into a state where i couldn't move after waking up, basically sleep paralysis. im now off ambien. i always wondered what the kind of “transdimensional” style of lucid dreaming was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of narcolepsy and cough syrup addiction. i would advise all people who “get” astral projection to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Apr 7, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

im permabanned poster dimensionstomper58. i first started astrally projecting when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “dreams” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like “crystal balls” and “i love making GBS threads inside of alternate planes” in my head for hours, and i would get into a state where i couldn't move after waking up, basically sleep paralysis. im now off ambien. i always wondered what the kind of “transdimensional” style of lucid dreaming was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of narcolepsy and cough syrup addiction. i would advise all people who “get” astral projection to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Lol you beat me to it

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

there it is

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Jonny 290 posted:

incredible

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jonny 290 posted:

what a beaut

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

lol

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Jonny 290 posted:

lmfao

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Warhol was from Pittsburgh

:yosnice:

Jonny 290 posted:

:eyepop:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
drat. too close to home imho.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

I'm doing pretty well, actually

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

not me. i feel old, stupid, and broken.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

I live up near the top of a big peak and my knees hurt walking down when it’s cold* outside. walking up is fine though so idk knees are bad thanks “intelligent” designer

*it doesn’t get cold here in any sort of conventional sense

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

you just need suspensors

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

one of those days with headache and feel like dropping dead all day until about 8pm when I’ll be full of life probably

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

jesus WEP posted:

one of those days with headache and feel like dropping dead all day until about 8pm when I’ll be full of life probably

love to nearly fall asleep cooking dinner and get excited for an early turn in

2:04 am: dear god i just want to sleeeeeep

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Jonny 290 posted:

love to nearly fall asleep cooking dinner and get excited for an early turn in

2:04 am: dear god i just want to sleeeeeep
dont forget the

i feel exhausted -> think ill take a quick nap -> oops nap went on for 2-3 hours -> now its 1am and i cant fall asleep -> holy god its 830am and im falling over dead at my desk -> whew somehow made it through the day but im beat -> you know a nap sounds really nice right around now

cycle

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

update: i watched a john wick and now my brain is happy and awake

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

FMguru posted:

dont forget the

i feel exhausted -> think ill take a quick nap -> oops nap went on for 2-3 hours -> now its 1am and i cant fall asleep -> holy god its 830am and im falling over dead at my desk -> whew somehow made it through the day but im beat -> you know a nap sounds really nice right around now

cycle

oh cool someone found my sleep log for my days off last week

Apr 7, 2003

I went to bed at 3 AM on Monday night / Tuesday morning and ended up going to bed at 11:00 PM last night. Woke up at 5:30 AM today!

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Agile Vector posted:

oh cool someone found my sleep log for my days off last week

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

last night me and my wife stayed up poo poo talking and looking at old photos till midnight. then I thought i’d sneak in come cyberpunk 2077 but it got to some poo poo pivotal sequence where i couldn’t save for like an hour and I didn’t get to sleep until 230am. loving games are for children

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

now i feel like poo poo! but at least I bought and got cut the timber i’ve been meaning to get to build my new desk. we’ll go into town and have a few drinks and watch the fireworks over the harbour at midnight to whatever. i’m 40 in a couple of days, ffffffucccck pissss

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol you 1981 baby. you're approx 6 months older than me, suck it old man!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Gentle Autist posted:

ffffffucccck pissss

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gentle Autist posted:

now i feel like poo poo! but at least I bought and got cut the timber i’ve been meaning to get to build my new desk. we’ll go into town and have a few drinks and watch the fireworks over the harbour at midnight to whatever. i’m 40 in a couple of days, ffffffucccck pissss

hsppy news years and enjoy the evening out with yoru famiyl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

echinopsis posted:

hsppy news years and enjoy the evening out with yoru famiyl

same to you buddy, one love