Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gentle Autist posted:

same to you buddy, one love

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
being 40 is loving stupid imo.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

President Beep posted:

i would simply drank myself to an early grave. whats so hard about it

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i'm 41

one day this forum will be full of 60 year olds lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
my god... what happened to all of us...

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Cold on a Cob posted:

i'm 41

one day this forum will be full of 60 year olds lol

and rotor will be 80

mystes
May 31, 2006

Well when is Something Awful launching its Tik Tok* competitor?

*: The kids have probably already stopped using Tik Tok so imagine I wrote whatever they're actually using here.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

thicc tok

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

President Beep posted:

I feel pretty good at 40
suck it, broken body havers

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I feel pretty good at 40
suck it, broken body havers

that’s just because you’ve treated yourself like crap up until recently. it’s relative.

Apr 7, 2003

your face is relative, grandpa

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

you motherfucker.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I love it when tori figures out basic how to be an adult poo poo and runs around telling everybody like they don't know. shaving, exercise, eating like an adult. next he's gonna read a novel or something and have his mind blown

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

:justpost:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Achmed Jones posted:

I love it when tori figures out basic how to be an adult poo poo and runs around telling everybody like they don't know. shaving, exercise, eating like an adult. next he's gonna read a novel or something and have his mind blown

i'm still trying to figure out some of the basic how-to-be-an-adult poo poo :D

:saddowns:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Achmed Jones posted:

why read a novel? he read all the good ones a long time ago already

mystes
May 31, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

It's called "adulting." Or maybe "molting." Something like that anyway.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

mystes posted:

It's called "adulting." Or maybe "molting." Something like that anyway.

Apr 7, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

Jealousy is unbecoming.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lol YES

prefect you are no longer woodhouse, for I pronounce you zoidberg. I can bestow no higher honor

Apr 7, 2003

I watched the first episode of Archer recently and it was dumb as hell.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I watched the first episode of Archer recently and it was dumb as hell.

there's a shot of legs walking across the street and it's the weirdest-feeling animation. they must have been working out how to do things differently than on frisky dingo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i kinda liked archer up until the noir season which was so terrible i can’t remember if i finished it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what happened to when animation was all just paint on glass and someone had to move someting,. now we got poo poo like archer

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Lol I'm 44 and despite living like I wasn't gonna make it to 27 well into my 30s I'm not doing to shabby. Except skeletally? Like I can't flip off anyone properly with my right hand because I just destroyed that knuckle on someone's very hard head

Apr 7, 2003

love my internet nursing home

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Yospos Pines Retirement Community

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Your Orthopaedic Support is a Piece Of poo poo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Achmed Jones posted:

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Wake up naturally at 6:30 -> think “nah” and keep resting for a bit, give the dog belly rubs -> think about what needs to get done today and what might get done, and how you’ll try to bridge that gap -> get up a bit before the sun (8am here now) -> some granola for breakfast and pancakes on the weekend but call them “flapjacks” since it’s cooler and more outdoorsy -> some espresso in your favorite mug from a long-closed cafe that gives you so much joy that Marie Kondo would ask you to tone it down a bit -> log into work, maybe get some stuff done and exaggerate what you’re doing during standup, the work isn’t going to save you so have some perspective -> chop some wood, you need the exercise ya know -> work up an appetite, have some leftovers for lunch or maybe throw together a sandwich -> try to work on a cool project or aspect that you actually enjoy, maybe do some resume padding stuff -> read and maybe shitpost on the forums for a bit -> several hours of whatever you want + whatever you need to do; some woodworking, video games, texting & catching up with friends and/or loved ones, walk the dog before it gets too dark -> soup or stew for dinner, slurp loudly ‘cause you’re a grown-rear end man/woman and can do what you want -> get a fire going -> some brandy or whiskey to really warm up -> get some reading done, watch some sports, maybe go through your “to watch” list to find a nice movie -> retire to bed, let the dog curl up at your feet -> get frustrated at the NYT crossword and hit “autocheck”, mutter “nobody calls it that, gently caress you” and close the app in disgust -> maybe some more reading -> fall asleep soundly knowing that everything you actually have control over is doing ok, and as long as you keep that up you’re going to more than just make it

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Palm slamming my heel cushions into my ortho shoes

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Binary Badger posted:

Palm slamming my heel cushions into my ortho shoes

oh yeah i gotta open my new powersteps

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Fell asleep on my side and now I don't get to have a right arm today.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I didn't sweep the ½cm of snow off my front step yesterday so of course it thawed and froze again so now I've got a front trap.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Fell asleep on my side and now I don't get to have a right arm today.

i sleep on a big side with my wife.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I didn't sweep the ½cm of snow off my front step yesterday so of course it thawed and froze again so now I've got a front trap.
i've been shoveling the front steps but i can't believe i've never thought to sweep which would likely be easier

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

i've been shoveling the front steps but i can't believe i've never thought to sweep which would likely be easier

you can't really shovel ½cm of snow

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

you can't really shovel ½cm of snow

a mouse could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

President Beep posted:

a mouse could.

all right let's see that then