Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiJ2SRgN9Zs

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

hello

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Maybe I'll actually finish more TV shows this year. Or maybe I'll just start a billion anime and finish two of them again, lmao

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Maybe I'll just watch Spartacus again

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I'll say that I'm going to watch something that I know is good and that I've never seen before, then still not watch it. Like Spartacus!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I stopped counting how many shows I watched this year. I watch an embarrassing amount of TV. Mostly older stuff this year though, since there hasn't been a bunch of new content for a while.

My goal this year is to watch Highlander, and maybe a Star Trek. I've started DS9 about four times and given up pretty early on each time.

But watch me get distracted by five hundred different dead ends and side steps and miniseries and BEST SHOWS YOU MISSED DURING 2020 lists.

Arist posted:

Maybe I'll actually finish more TV shows this year. Or maybe I'll just start a billion anime and finish two of them again, lmao

My friend just started One Piece and lmao. Some anime aren't designed to ever end.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Open Source Idiom posted:

I stopped counting how many shows I watched this year. I watch an embarrassing amount of TV. Mostly older stuff this year though, since there hasn't been a bunch of new content for a while.

My goal this year is to watch Highlander, and maybe a Star Trek. I've started DS9 about four times and given up pretty early on each time.

But watch me get distracted by five hundred different dead ends and side steps and miniseries and BEST SHOWS YOU MISSED DURING 2020 lists.

My friend just started One Piece and lmao. Some anime aren't designed to ever end.

I have watched more One Piece than any human should

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Happy new year everyone

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Arist posted:

I have watched more One Piece than any human should

He's watched more Naruto than I can stand. You two should hang out

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Trakt is telling me I watched 866 hours across 1561 episodes this year.

Let's see if I can hit an even 1000 hours next year!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The best episode of Sealab 2021 is Der Dieb. I will not be taking questions at this time.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

The best episode of Sealab 2021 is Der Dieb. I will not be taking questions at this time.

"Not so fast, Dr... Quinn, is it?"

"Yes!"

"Or is it - Dr. Steal Everything from the Sacred Planet Red Mars?"

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Traditional post about Lost or BSG on the ground floor.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Iraq War allegory stuff in BSG doesn't hold up. Well except for the Adama maneuver.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

that guy needs to cut his hair

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

This will be the year when Tinfins gets released; I can feel it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoShDwTNbnM

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Oh. I thought based on the title this was for a Sealab 2021 2021 Rewatch.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
rip unraveled :(

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

I Am Fowl posted:

gently caress it, I'm going to make one.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

I Am Fowl posted:

That's actually the only show TVIV is allowed to watch this year. :colbert:

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
So the first episode of anything I've watched in 2021 was The Expanse S5E4 and uh, that was good.

And the first new thing of 2021 I'm gonna watch will be Cobra loving Kai S3

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
SAVE IT FOR QUEEN DOPPLEPOPOLIS

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Happy 2021 motherfuckers!!!!!

This year I am gonna keep watching Taskmaster. In season 6 right now and it’s probably the worst group so far but Alice Levine is very pretty which helps.

The first new show I’ll be checking out is The Great North. Excited for WandaVision in a couple weeks too.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Watched a few episodes of Sealab 2021 tonight and it's always interesting watching with someone without the same nostalgia for it. My wife hadn't seen it until I introduced her to it when we first started dating and by that time (2012-13ish) some of it had already gotten stale. Tonight we watched 5 or 6 eps and in every single one Debbie was unambiguously slutty and played up for laughs in one way or another. Quinn's race is almost always brought up even though they do recognize him as the most brilliant scientist on the station. Despite all that I still find Der Dieb and Stimutacs loving hilarious.

Hilarious show but definitely from a different time.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Watching Extracurricular based on Esco and esperterra's recommendations in the thread, but I gotta ask, did anyone else find the official Netflix subtitles to be really quite poor? The grammar's atrocious, to the point where some sentences flat out don't make sense.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

isaboo posted:

So the first episode of anything I've watched in 2021 was The Expanse S5E4 and uh, that was good.

Wait, season 5 is airing?

Oh I've got several episodes of catching up to do then :suspense:.

OldSenileGuy posted:

SAVE IT FOR QUEEN DOPPLEPOPOLIS

Ahhhhh shi-*EXPLODES*

Edward Mass posted:

Sorry Mailbox-Head, that honour goes squarely to Radio Free Sealab. ~The Ultimate ZiiiIIIiiing!~

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvW-ZGNjBYc

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

WHO TRANSLATED THIS???

EDIT: WHY IS THE DUB BETTER.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Watching Extracurricular based on Esco and esperterra's recommendations in the thread, but I gotta ask, did anyone else find the official Netflix subtitles to be really quite poor? The grammar's atrocious, to the point where some sentences flat out don't make sense.

Extracurricular is an extremely weird show already so it never caught my attention.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

In 2021 I need to figure out some way of watching new shows, instead of just watching various Laws & Orders, Forensic Files, and Supernatural for the 13th time.

Is Highlander streaming anywhere?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sirotan posted:

Is Highlander streaming anywhere?

The series is on peacock I think

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

HBO Max now has all the episodes of Batman:TAS .

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

muscles like this! posted:

And the Rose Bowl can wait...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They've added a bunch of stuff today. Also more Adult Swim stuff like everything PFFR has done for them (Xavier, Shivering Truth, The Heart, She Holler)

Edit: Although I'm not sure where they got this episode order for Batman.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 1, 2021

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

Ohhh! And all the movies and Batman Beyond too!

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

My girlfriend is a huge fan of the US Office, but had never seen the original. With the US one leaving Netflix, I convinced her to watch the original on Amazon. I hadn't seen it for years, and while I liked it, I preferred Extras. Watching it again now, though, I loved it a lot more. I think having seen so much of the US Office with her (it was one of our go-to things to put on in the background) everyone being more worn-down and less cheery and happy about being stuck in an office with each more was more refeshing.

I think we're going to go through Extras next so I'll see if that holds up. I haven't watched any of it in years and I have to say, I suspect I may not like it as much as I remember.

That being said, I still think Office and Extras are the only Gervais things I've enjoyed. Well, I guess I did like The Ricky Gervais Show too.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That’s cos they’re the only good things Gervais has ever made tbh

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I declare Martian law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005