Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mallratcal posted:

What the gently caress?

Trailer has to be seen to be believed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7eZEZHRrVg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm glad that moveis are dead.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You'd think at some point the Academy would develop some standards. Then again, Patricia Arquette got one for Boyhood despite having a scene where an immigrant she wokescolded earlier in the film came back and thanked her for convincing him to bootstrap himself out of day labor into a job as a manager at a mediocre restaurant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0mcF7FQY1I

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

IT TOOK TWELVE YEARS TO MAKE!

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
I could have done it in 6 years

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I probably wouldn't have bothered honestly.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Would have been great if that kid came out as a huge racist or something before the movie released. I wonder if they would have canned it.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

super sweet best pal posted:

You'd think at some point the Academy would develop some standards. Then again, Patricia Arquette got one for Boyhood despite having a scene where an immigrant she wokescolded earlier in the film came back and thanked her for convincing him to bootstrap himself out of day labor into a job as a manager at a mediocre restaurant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0mcF7FQY1I

The type of poster that doesn't understand the difference between acting and writing and thinks that the things a character does and says in a movie should disqualify the actor who played them from receiving awards.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??
I have taken 32 years so far to make and I'm absolutely poo poo.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??
Going to start off 2021 right and watch Soul.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

...of SCIENCE! posted:

The type of poster that doesn't understand the difference between acting and writing and thinks that the things a character does and says in a movie should disqualify the actor who played them from receiving awards.

Pretty sure it's what that entire socioeconomic class believes.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
images? fine, sounds good to me. moving images? woah, hold on there pardner... not sure you wanna go down that rabbit hole

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Taintrunner posted:

Movies coming out in gently caress YOU ITS JANUARY 2021:

Shadow in the Cloud in which Chloe Grace Moretz fights gremlins on a B-17.

Oh man, the trailer for this one is so stupid.

Also

There's...someoneonthewing

Some...thing

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

my head is pounding, i'm trying to keep down some eggs, fireworks keep going off randomly... oh god no

no

oh god no

its JANUARY

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Universe Master posted:

Oh man, the trailer for this one is so stupid.

Also

There's...someoneonthewing

Some...thing

This is literally from a Bugs Bunny cartoon jfc.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Happy New January, everyone! May your trash be endless.

Don't let the days go by...glycerine.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Sally posted:

mods give back my hack frauds gang tag

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

That aint Reese Witherspoon, my dude

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Basticle posted:

That aint Reese Witherspoon, my dude

People dont know who Gwyneth Paltrow is. It's sad

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
That's Reese Withouterspoon

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Taintrunner posted:

Movies coming out in gently caress YOU ITS JANUARY 2021:

Shadow in the Cloud in which Chloe Grace Moretz fights gremlins on a B-17.

Redemption Day:

The Marksman is another awful Liam Neeson action schlockfest about a 70 year old trying to star in an action movie.

Wrath of Man has Josh Hartnett, Jason Statham, and Guy Ritchie in an armored truck heist flick.

The Dig is Ralph Fiennes and Carey Mulligan digging up bones.

Outside the Wire is Anthony Mackie plays a cyborg in a warzone.

No Man's Land reads like a loving fake movie, just see for yourself:

Born a Champion is Sean Patrick Flanery and Dennis Quaid in a jujitsu match.

Penguin Bloom has Reese Witherspoon getting paralyzed and adopting a penguin. Again, what feels like another fake movie that can't possibly be real.

The Little Things has Denzel and Mr. Robot hunting down the rockstar cultist weirdo.

Supernova has Colin Firth and Stanley Tucci getting cancer and going on a roadtrip.

and last but not least, Palmer features Justin Timberlake getting out of prison and adopting some kid nobody likes.

Looks like an impressive mountain of poo poo!
And they're expecting people to go to a theater to see these during a pandemic? lmao

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

luchajones posted:

People dont know who Gwyneth Paltrow is. It's sad

They might at least know her stank

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Rageaholic posted:

And they're expecting people to go to a theater to see these during a pandemic? lmao

It's the most January it's ever been.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Been thinking, but are there any Netflix shows that will stand the test of time? Like, what, is anybody actually gonna be talking about Stranger Things or whatever in a decade? Same probably goes for their movies tbh. Most of their original stuff just seems so throwaway to me.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Marriage Story and Beasts of No Nation are good movies that will likely stand the test of time but not be watched except by film buffs and MFA students

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Those Sandler movies will last

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

that’s not a penguin wtf hollywood

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Raskolnikov38 posted:

that’s not a penguin wtf hollywood

You havent seen a penguin in full bloom. This thread needs to get out more.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Needs more danny devito penguin moster

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Juicy shaq meat

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Space Kablooey posted:

Juicy shaq meat

Is that a topping on a Papa John's pizza yet?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Tiberius Christ posted:

Needs more danny devito penguin moster

Just lol if literal monster Danny DeVito and Michelle Pfeiffer oozing sexuality didn't warp you for good.

Thanks, Tim!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Just lol if literal monster Danny DeVito and Michelle Pfeiffer oozing sexuality didn't warp you for good.

Thanks, Tim!

Danny DeVito oozing sexuality did warp me how did you know?

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

PostNouveau posted:

Danny DeVito oozing sexuality did warp me how did you know?

Gru has some high rear end cheeks

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

The Good Queen Clitoris posted:

I have been rewatching old RLM videos recently because I'm desperate for content. Anyone got good recommendations for older RLM videos?
Rewatch the Re:View of the Friday the 13th franchise, as October might as well have been three years ago.

I couldn't keep up with the old thread, was I the only one disappointed by the lack of Xmas content in this year's Black Spine Christmas? It felt wrong. :(

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mordja posted:

Been thinking, but are there any Netflix shows that will stand the test of time? Like, what, is anybody actually gonna be talking about Stranger Things or whatever in a decade? Same probably goes for their movies tbh. Most of their original stuff just seems so throwaway to me.

Probably. Kind of like how Lil Abner was a cultural phenomenon back in the day. It ran for more than forty years during the mid 1900s and even had cartoon deals, now it's all but forgotten except for obscure references. I'm sure Netflix's shows will lose their appeal as soon as they become irrelevant to newer generations of viewers. Shows that bank on current events or nostalgia have a limited shelf life.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

Rewatch the Re:View of the Friday the 13th franchise, as October might as well have been three years ago.

I couldn't keep up with the old thread, was I the only one disappointed by the lack of Xmas content in this year's Black Spine Christmas? It felt wrong. :(

For some reason Mike has decided he likes doing black spine episodes probably because if he tells himself he has to watch ten tapes he can justify turning off the tapes early when he grows bored of them.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

He's got legs that go all the way up. :wiggle:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Jay cummies pls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Star trek disco revealed replicated food is recycled feces from the crew. incredible stuff folks. kurtzman strikes again.