Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Bholder posted:

This is less about defending Tencent and more about going against this sensationalist bullshit on how Tencent is EXTRA BAD because China is worse somehow.

I haven't seen anyone here get mad that Tencent is Chinese, but then again, my reading comprehension is at an all-time low due to these delicious, delicious paint chips. My problems with Tencent stem primarily from the fact it's owned wholly or in part by the CCP, and thus my.plat purchases are going to help fund ethnic extermination camps.

Which is wrong. As a US citizen I only want my money going toward American-made ethnic extermination camps! And they're completely okay now that we have a member of Blue Team as prez! AMERICA!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Bholder posted:

This is less about defending Tencent and more about going against this sensationalist bullshit on how Tencent is EXTRA BAD because China is worse somehow.
I think people are influenced by examples in recent memory of chinese politics influencing video game stuff, like blizzard and the free hong kong stuff, or hololive with one of their streamers casually mentioning taiwan and one of the responses being to immediately censor the streamer's name from another video game. Even if the incidents are small, it's the kind of thing i don't remember happening recently with anti-US-government politics in video games, but also i don't watch video game streams enough to see if anyone has gone full : d2a: during an esports tournament. If anyone has literally any examples of this happening with other country's video games I'd legitimately like to hear it.

sockpuppetclock fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Dec 31, 2020

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
As a Taiwanese person living in the West who went to protest in Hong Kong and is stoutly against the CCP, good. There's a huge difference between a streamer saying free Hong Kong and some snot nosed brat trying to start a campaign for free speech by posting threads on the forums crying about how they can't troll people with free Hong Kong. People are still whining about not being allowed to say transphobic poo poo each week.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

I haven't seen anyone here get mad that Tencent is Chinese, but then again, my reading comprehension is at an all-time low due to these delicious, delicious paint chips. My problems with Tencent stem primarily from the fact it's owned wholly or in part by the CCP, and thus my.plat purchases are going to help fund ethnic extermination camps.

Which is wrong. As a US citizen I only want my money going toward American-made ethnic extermination camps! And they're completely okay now that we have a member of Blue Team as prez! AMERICA!

Guilty posted:

There's a huge difference between a streamer saying free Hong Kong and some snot nosed brat trying to start a campaign for free speech by posting threads on the forums crying about how they can't troll people with free Hong Kong.
:crow: stop getting mad at people you make up in your head

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Is there someone in the thread espousing transphobia? If so, they need to be banned. That poo poo is unacceptable.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Screaming Idiot posted:

Is there someone in the thread espousing transphobia? If so, they need to be banned. That poo poo is unacceptable.

Not here, but "jokes" about Nezha (which just consist of calling him slurs) are commonplace and you get to see plenty of Gamers angry they got banned for it in the other WF communities.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

sockpuppetclock posted:

:crow: stop getting mad at people you make up in your head

Not here, but on the WF forums there's like one every week

Edit I guess my mistake is going on the WF forums

Guilty fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Dec 31, 2020

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

lets see whats going on in the Warframe thread today....

:yikes:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Warframe, i think, is a videogame that's pretty alright and fun to play

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Ten forma down the corncob's rear end. Yay for quad affinity, loving hell.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

prefect posted:

To be fair, there's a whole ton of similar stuff going on with the US's capitalism.

holy poo poo it keeps happening

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Warframe: Capitalism #1

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Having mentioned Nezha: Nezha Prime finally built, ranked, and promptly dumped in the "primes I'll never touch again" slot dumpster. slippy slidey boy's only fun for his 1 and I've already got that subsumed.
Lavos soon. Also Zenith soon (2 days).

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Tallgeese posted:

Hello, it's nearly Christmas! This means it is time for the yearly Christmas giveaway!

The rules are the same as previous years:

One gift only. It has to be something that ultimately "resolves" to one thing or package. It can be anything, though I suggest not asking for normal Warframes... except maybe Protea because dear Lord that is dire.

Must be in GOON or AKGOON.

---

If interested, quote this post and make your request. Same thing as every other year. Merry Christmas!

If you're still taking requests and it's not too much, a Bonewidow would be cool to have while the affinity boost is going.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

SkyeAuroline posted:

Having mentioned Nezha: Nezha Prime finally built, ranked, and promptly dumped in the "primes I'll never touch again" slot dumpster. slippy slidey boy's only fun for his 1 and I've already got that subsumed.
Lavos soon. Also Zenith soon (2 days).

but nezha strong

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Warframe, i think, is a videogame that's pretty alright and fun to play

How dare you

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Fitzy Fitz posted:

but nezha strong

nezha is real and strong and my friend

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

nezha is real and strong and my friend

Nezha is one of the best loving frames in the entire game. Praise Pablo.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Nezha is so good he's practically a cheat code.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

SkyeAuroline posted:

promptly dumped in the "primes I'll never touch again" slot dumpster. slippy slidey boy's only fun for his 1 and I've already got that subsumed.
:stonk:
Yeah i don't think you'll get a lot of people following you on that one

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

RoadCrewWorker posted:

:stonk:
Yeah i don't think you'll get a lot of people following you on that one

Yeah, I know he's popular, the entire kit is just unfun for me. Discounting Fire Walker because it's subsumed, you're left with "very unreliable bouncy disc or a straight line disc, with fancy effects that would work better if it actually hit anything and didn't take longer than just shooting them to death", "iron skin but slightly different", and "generic aoe kill ult whose only distinguishing feature is making the bouncy disc slightly less impossible to aim properly". None of that is particularly appealing over other frames for me to pull him out much more.
FWIW if it gives an idea of taste, my usual frames are Hildryn, Wukong, Revenant, and Vauban with a sprinkling of others for specific niches (Nekros for farming drops, Mesa or Volt for ESO, etc). Nezha works but he's so far outside of my play style. (Have to play fairly slowly due to a combination of coordination issues for aiming & ongoing nerve damage concerns that make the rapid slide/bullet jump process uncomfortable, though doable.)

SkyeAuroline fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jan 1, 2021

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Finally made Rank 30. Suck it DE!

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

SkyeAuroline posted:

Yeah, I know he's popular, the entire kit is just unfun for me. Discounting Fire Walker because it's subsumed, you're left with "very unreliable bouncy disc or a straight line disc, with fancy effects that would work better if it actually hit anything and didn't take longer than just shooting them to death", "iron skin but slightly different", and "generic aoe kill ult whose only distinguishing feature is making the bouncy disc slightly less impossible to aim properly". None of that is particularly appealing over other frames for me to pull him out much more.
FWIW if it gives an idea of taste, my usual frames are Hildryn, Wukong, Revenant, and Vauban with a sprinkling of others for specific niches (Nekros for farming drops, Mesa or Volt for ESO, etc). Nezha works but he's so far outside of my play style. (Have to play fairly slowly due to a combination of coordination issues for aiming & ongoing nerve damage concerns that make the rapid slide/bullet jump process uncomfortable, though doable.)

+range gauss is the superior tanky fastboi. slamming your face into a wall repeatedly to blow up the room vs being a lubed disc golf weirdo, no contest imo

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

SkyeAuroline posted:

Nezha 2 is really not as hard to hit with as you’re making it out to be and is an incredible damage multiplier on single entities, plus it works on a lot of things you wouldn’t expect it to work on (thumpers, liches, most if not all bosses, etc) and it’s a damage multiplier that the entire squad benefits from.

Discount slidey boy if you want, but his 2 is incredible

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Prop Wash posted:

Nezha 2 is really not as hard to hit with as you’re making it out to be and is an incredible damage multiplier on single entities, plus it works on a lot of things you wouldn’t expect it to work on (thumpers, liches, most if not all bosses, etc) and it’s a damage multiplier that the entire squad benefits from.

Discount slidey boy if you want, but his 2 is incredible

The charged mode is fairly easy to hit with. The regular bouncing mode, I don't think has ever once gone where I wanted it to bounce to.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Finally made Rank 30. Suck it DE!

I mean if you're rank 30, I would argue it is DE who made you suck it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

DelphiAegis posted:

HOW DARE YOU!

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

DelphiAegis posted:

That beautiful, electronic teet.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
For any switch players that might be new, the Ignis wraith is at baro right now and is 100% worth picking up. Also we didn't get the infinite Ignis wraith event PC/other consoles got, so it's pretty much the only way of getting it on switch.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

For PC Baro: Primed Fast Hands, Regen, Point Blank, and Pack Leader; the middle two can be useful, the others... I can't imagine a use for, really. This cycle's weapon is Prisma Grakata which just came around a few months ago. Some nice cosmetics for fashionframe.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Cicadalek posted:

If you're still taking requests and it's not too much, a Bonewidow would be cool to have while the affinity boost is going.

Hm. I'm not back at a computer capable of running Warframe until tomorrow afternoon...

drat. I'll do it if you still want it in 28 hours, but you'd be pretty pressed for booster time.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I mean it would be ccol with or without booster time, I won't look a free necramech in the faceplate.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Pubbed some gian point runs tonight and was pleasantly surprised when an artilleryman managed to hit an enemy ship from 10km. Still can't get artillery cheap shot to drop! So if I leave two uncapped to bank intrinsics, how much can I save up? 1024?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Guilty posted:

For any switch players that might be new, the Ignis wraith is at baro right now and is 100% worth picking up. Also we didn't get the infinite Ignis wraith event PC/other consoles got, so it's pretty much the only way of getting it on switch.

I tried the switch version and just could not get into it after playing on pc all these years. Sucks because that'd be awesome for chilling on the couch.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

So today I somehow managed to hop into a necramech that someone else was piloting. It was interesting until it crashed to desktop.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
whelp I went from "piloting sucks rear end, engie all the way" to shouldering people aside and piloting only my ship cause pubbie's have garbage pail ships 80% the time

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I really like piloting, so I always host and am pretty happy with my ship. Zekti Apocs up front might not be the best DPS, but the statuses they leave are great.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Echophonic posted:

I really like piloting, so I always host and am pretty happy with my ship. Zekti Apocs up front might not be the best DPS, but the statuses they leave are great.

Last time I got in a gun, I got scolded. I guess it screws with Tether somehow??

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The side guns can destroy a tether as soon as it's deployed wasting the energy and making the pilot frustrated because instead of destroying 20 fighters in one second the others who are trying to have fun and find a way to contribute are hindering the mission by shooting one fighter at a time.

Not exactly great design there, either for a fun perspective or from the perspective of teammates only getting in the way when they are trying to do the most logical thing to help, shooting the bad guys.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

aegof posted:

Last time I got in a gun, I got scolded. I guess it screws with Tether somehow??

It does, guns are pretty worthless in fast xp/intrinsic grinding.