Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Also, Ayoade was voicing a robot, not appearing in the flesh, and didn't the robot stay in the ship the whole time?

I'll admit that I don't really follow Bill Burr so I was personally more excited for Ayoade but calling it racism when other people pay attention to the guy whose face is actually shown is kind of dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I am living for Jay's 2021 Glow-Up

Jay goes for Daryl Hannah and ends up looking like this instead:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Gripweed posted:

Yes, famously normal and not at all clownish person, Richard Ayoade

Where's his white face and red hair? :colbert:

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Not all clowns wear whiteface. And not all of them have red hair.

Way to go

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Into The Mild posted:

Not all clowns

:jerkbag:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

As a pale ginger I don't like this definition of a clown.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reality Protester posted:

Star trek disco revealed replicated food is recycled feces from the crew. incredible stuff folks. kurtzman strikes again.

Ha ha it’s funny because they’re eating their own poo poo

Much like the average Star Trek discovery fan!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Joust posted:

Bloomin' Penguin put me mum in a fuckin' wheelchair.

It's on brand for a magpie.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

:ck5:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oohhboy posted:

I don't know what they are trying to achieve here. Are they really shooting for a redemption arc?

See for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHpFcspfnsQ

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Taintrunner posted:

Ha ha it’s funny because they’re eating their own poo poo

Much like the average Star Trek discovery fan!

also flies in the face of how the replicator has been described as working before: either it just creates matter and/or it spits out proteins/whatever in the shape of what the food is supposed to be with enough flavoring and coloring to look real

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

also flies in the face of how the replicator has been described as working before: either it just creates matter and/or it spits out proteins/whatever in the shape of what the food is supposed to be with enough flavoring and coloring to look real

The replicator never created something out of nothing, it just took generic matter and transformed it into some nutritionally balanced version of whatever food they wanted. They never said it was taking the crews poo poo and repurposing it as food, but the implication that they could was obvious.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Well it has always been known that poo poo and piss and rikers cum and crushers squirt were turned back into energy, and that energy would be then added to the community energy pool that would later be accessed to become food again or a phaser beam or a holodeck character’s erect penis.

So basically that admiral was just trying to twist a truth into something gross, which is pathetic.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
So just like your post? I'm trying to eat here buddy.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Yes, man famously not at all known for having a distinctive hairstyle, Richard Ayoade

Reality Protester posted:

Star trek disco revealed replicated food is recycled feces from the crew. incredible stuff folks. kurtzman strikes again.

What was the tone of that revelation? Because I would assume that if that's how it works then that's how it's always worked, so all the characters from all the previous Star Treks have known that but never brought it up. Which would mean that either there's a social taboo about talking about it or, (and this is what I would consider more likely) it's just accepted as totally normal and not worth talking about.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
doesn't matter, it's just matter

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gripweed posted:

Yes, man famously not at all known for having a distinctive hairstyle, Richard Ayoade

What was the tone of that revelation? Because I would assume that if that's how it works then that's how it's always worked, so all the characters from all the previous Star Treks have known that but never brought it up. Which would mean that either there's a social taboo about talking about it or, (and this is what I would consider more likely) it's just accepted as totally normal and not worth talking about.

its stated in enterprise that it was how their proto-replicator worked but all the later series (until discovery) just had it be energy converted to matter

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its stated in enterprise that it was how their proto-replicator worked but all the later series (until discovery) just had it be energy converted to matter

Yeah but what do they do with the poop? Probably convert it into energy.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Riker has O'Brien beam his bowel contents directly into the warp core.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
They’d have to keep adding to the poop stores though because presumably the waste matter doesn’t equal the input matter if it is broken down for food energy, so do they raid nearby planets for their poop or ??

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
the reason romulans are so hostile is other races keep trying to steal their superior high in matter to convert poop

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
gently caress movies

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Robo Reagan posted:

the reason romulans are so hostile is other races keep trying to steal their superior high in matter to convert poop

Their romulan ale makes their poop extremely high in energy density

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Tip posted:

Yeah but what do they do with the poop? Probably convert it into energy.

It converts the poop right as it comes out the butt so everyone is making GBS threads lightning and farting thunder. Source: I am Gene Roddenberry.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Gripweed posted:

It's weird. A good guy and bad guy are in legal negotiations. The bad guy is eating from a small food spread. Here are the exact lines:

"Hmm... doesn't quite taste like the real thing, does it?"
"I've never eaten a real apple"
"Well how sad. Apples are a thing of beauty. You want to talk about oppression, you should start in your own mess hall"
"It's made of our poo poo, you know? [cut to bad guy removing apple piece from their mouth] That's the base material we use in our replicators. We deconstruct it to the atomic level and then reform the atoms. [takes a bite of apple slice] It's pretty good for poo poo and we don't have to commit atrocities for it."

So it's kind of a "hey gently caress you, you're literally eating my poo poo" and also trying to prove a point about accepting something that's not as good if it's the right thing to do. But it also implies that there are replicators that don't do that and work another way or else the bad guy would know that already.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Lister posted:

It's weird. A good guy and bad guy are in legal negotiations. The bad guy is eating from a small food spread. Here are the exact lines:

"Hmm... doesn't quite taste like the real thing, does it?"
"I've never eaten a real apple"
"Well how sad. Apples are a thing of beauty. You want to talk about oppression, you should start in your own mess hall"
"It's made of our poo poo, you know? [cut to bad guy removing apple piece from their mouth] That's the base material we use in our replicators. We deconstruct it to the atomic level and then reform the atoms. [takes a bite of apple slice] It's pretty good for poo poo and we don't have to commit atrocities for it."

So it's kind of a "hey gently caress you, you're literally eating my poo poo" and also trying to prove a point about accepting something that's not as good if it's the right thing to do. But it also implies that there are replicators that don't do that and work another way or else the bad guy would know that already.

This show sounds so dumb

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

priznat posted:

They’d have to keep adding to the poop stores though because presumably the waste matter doesn’t equal the input matter if it is broken down for food energy, so do they raid nearby planets for their poop or ??

The human digestion process does not convert matter into energy. Also, there is a matter collector on the Federation ships at least, to scoop interstellar hydrogen.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"It's all poo poo"

- my accurate review of star treks

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

PostNouveau posted:

gently caress movies

Oh, Mylanta!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Gripweed posted:

I finally started watching the Mandalorian. I had heard people mention "The Bill Burr episode" and I can only assume it's because of racism that they didn't call it "The Richard Ayoade episode"

It's a different episode. Calm down.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I'll admit it. I'm racist towards robots.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
This thread attracts the weirdest goons, jaysus.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

They're building my car! vacuuming my house! what's next? Sucking my dick!?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The supporting cast is one of my fav things about the Mandolorian, they get so many great folks in for one offs or semi recurring.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

priznat posted:

The supporting cast is one of my fav things about the Mandolorian, they get so many great folks in for one offs or semi recurring.

Criminal underuse of Brian Posehn

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
How's the new season of Cobra Kai? Gonna start it in a bit.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I had to check but I am shocked that Patton Oswalt hasn't been on The Mandolorian

He was awesome on Justified as Constable Bob

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Galewolf posted:

This thread attracts the weirdest goons, jaysus.

Actually it's pretty chill.

Take your pants off and cum a while.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Actually it's pretty chill.

Take your pants off and cum a while.

Joke's on you, I never put my pants on :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
ABC