Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
It's time for an Admin Story!

quote:

Someone PM'd me day one and said I should blank them all and that they are promoting the confederate flag
I sent back "It's burning???"
they asked if it would be okay to have a nazi flag with cool flames around it
I sent "Clearly the flames burning the flag to ash are not hot rod speed flames meant to emphasis the coolness. "
they stopped PMing me

McNally fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
:lol:

Concentrated impotent stupidity is the best.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

McNally posted:

Lol

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Thank you Mr President for Making America Great Again! USA #1! I shouldn't have to understand other cultures, I'm a god damn American hero.

McNally posted:

:psyduck: I do not understand some people

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

McNally posted:

:perfect:

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

I guess the burning confederate flag, a picture of Sherman, the name Sherman, the phrase "burn it down, and a reference to his march through the south wasn't enough?

Maybe it should start off with "Stars and Bars Bad" or something.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Godholio posted:

Those people deserve to get dunked on.

Godholio posted:

I view their stupidity as a comedic opportunity.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Trying to appease idiots is a losing proposition. Stupid people think that sanitizing the forum of anything that even references objectionable material is some form of useful political service or important because they are lazy dullards.

Intentionally misinterpreting the intent and context of a joke or image is straight out of the McCarthy playbook and really should be treated the same way. There is definitely a contingent of posters on this site who would love to form a digital House un-goon like activities committee, for the same purpose that HUAC was formed. That they couch their complaints in progressive rhetoric doesn't make them any less disingenuous.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

McNally posted:

Jesus Christ

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
These people are absolutely inept.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Loving the tag, loving people who don't understand context constantly owning themselves.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

ASAPI posted:

I guess the burning confederate flag, a picture of Sherman, the name Sherman, the phrase "burn it down, and a reference to his march through the south wasn't enough?

Apparently it is Too Much to expect someone to know literally anything about the thing that they are railing about. Only the knee-jerkiest of responses are ideologically pure!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

McNally posted:

"Clearly the flames burning the flag to ash are not hot rod speed flames meant to emphasis the coolness. "

duh why would we send the loser flag to flavor town

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

There’s a troll in CSPAM who has melted down there about this gif, people in CSPAM telling him shoulder holsters are dumb, gun lube chat in the same thread and then finally everyone else in the thread being centrists for not agreeing with his idiot opinions on gun stuff.

He also melted down in the cool zone thread because the protesters didn’t fix racism this year and are therefore just as bad as libs and should have just stayed too online like him.

It thinks it’s the perfect distillation of that kind of person.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

There’s a troll in CSPAM who has melted down there about this gif, people in CSPAM telling him shoulder holsters are dumb, gun lube chat in the same thread and then finally everyone else in the thread being centrists for not agreeing with his idiot opinions on gun stuff.

He also melted down in the cool zone thread because the protesters didn’t fix racism this year and are therefore just as bad as libs and should have just stayed too online like him.

It thinks it’s the perfect distillation of that kind of person.

Post links plz

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

I only come to GiP for the dog thread but God drat I want that gang tag it owns

(And if you're feeling generous enough to kill my horrible lowtax donation tag as well I'd love that)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

A CRAB IRL posted:

(And if you're feeling generous enough to kill my horrible lowtax donation tag as well I'd love that)

You can kill your own donation tag

under edit options from the control panel.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Nystral posted:

Post links plz

Uncle Lizard posted:

Unfortunately, this isn't a leftist space. It is only masked to look like a leftist space to draw if other succ libs that pretend to be leftists. This thread will never be anymore leftist than Internet Wizard, which is to say centrist trash.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Would that be from the Huey Newton thread?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Yeah you can follow the quote link back to where it was posted.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

A CRAB IRL posted:

All us GiP lurkers coming out of the woodwork for the uncle billy gangtag :mrgw:

(I just read the idiots thread)

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I conflated two different posters but yeah basically it’s the Twitter tankie/reddit leftist type that wants a safe space with all the correct terminology for their very specific brand of communism strictly enforced and wants you to know that there can only be one True Leftist(tm).

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

McNally posted:

I'm laying in bed on a Sunday morning reading this and giggling like an idiot. My wife asked what was so funny and I couldn't even begin to explain.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Sherman is the perfect mascot for some of the people here

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3770575&pagenumber=98&perpage=40#post458841468

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Ahhhhh, racism and approving of genocide.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Well, I guess I needed something to spike my blood pressure today. Guess my ancestors deserved that death march.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Guessing mods don't check histories when deciding what punishment to give...seems like 6ers are failing to get the message across to that gently caress.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

As Nero Danced posted:

Well, I guess I needed something to spike my blood pressure today. Guess my ancestors deserved that death march.

gently caress that guy.

Is there a way to block gangtags from people?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

gently caress that guy.

Is there a way to block gangtags from people?

No, all a gangtag is is a bit of html in your avatar(or rather the bit of text under it) so as long as people can pay :10bux: to change it, they can give ine to themselves.

That said, its also that simple to take one away. Pay your :10bux: and give them a redtext.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Sorry I didn't vet people better before throwing the tag on 'em.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

McNally posted:

Sorry I didn't vet people better before throwing the tag on 'em.

there are a couple of funny ones who didn't know Sherman's full history who got stuck with it, and that makes it all funny as poo poo

thank you again! <3

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RFC2324 posted:

there are a couple of funny ones who didn't know Sherman's full history who got stuck with it, and that makes it all funny as poo poo

thank you again! <3

Yeah, I mean at least I know he hated Jews...but so do a large chunk of the Union General Staff....eh. Pushing in the Confederates poo poo and permanently traumatizing the South makes it worth it.

Honestly I want to crowdfund a statute of him and John Lewis to put in Georgia.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yeah, I mean at least I know he hated Jews...but so do a large chunk of the Union General Staff....eh. Pushing in the Confederates poo poo and permanently traumatizing the South makes it worth it.

Honestly I want to crowdfund a statute of him and John Lewis to put in Georgia.

there was also his genocide of native americans, but against most of the union general staff

I see it as celebrating a good thing, which I can do while also acknowledging his failures :shrug:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

RFC2324 posted:

there was also his genocide of native americans, but against most of the union general staff

I see it as celebrating a good thing, which I can do while also acknowledging his failures :shrug:

Pretty much. Nearly every US figure from that time sucks, so gotta take the good with the bad.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wholeheartedly agree.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

RFC2324 posted:

Same here. He probably wouldn't have cared to meet me but I can respect what he did for for the union against the confederacy.

More importantly, his spectre hangs over south carolina and georgia to this day, and I don't want them to forget that.

Thanks McNally :glomp:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Funnily enough, go to a non-Atlanta part of Georgia and you can absolutely start a fight by mentioning Sherman.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

I got tired of waiting for you to make another post in GIP so I'll just say it here.

Don't post in this subforum anymore.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

RFC2324 posted:

thank you again! <3

His treatment of Indians wasn’t exactly funny.

In any case, MLK isn’t representative of spousal abuse, because while that happened, he still is a symbol of resistance against white supremacy much like Sherman is a symbol of dunking on confederates despite the fact he was actually an awful racist, just not to black folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

His treatment of Indians wasn’t exactly funny.

In any case, MLK isn’t representative of spousal abuse, because while that happened, he still is a symbol of resistance against white supremacy much like Sherman is a symbol of dunking on confederates despite the fact he was actually an awful racist, just not to black folks.

I've been listening to the podcast Behind the Bastards and it's been helping me with perspective regarding my view of people, especially historical figures.