Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
When is Disney gonna get with it and make a Cobra Kai ripoff show about Masters of Teräs Käsi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

CODChimera posted:

i probably should've looked up who that was after watching it. ugh

Did you like it? I'm probably gonna watch it tomorrow.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

they should of just paid mark hamil to show up. deage him a bit or whatever who cares.

i want fat old luke.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

luchajones posted:

When is Disney gonna get with it and make a Cobra Kai ripoff show about Masters of Teräs Käsi?

They mentioned it in Solo, and it didn't help that movie any.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Fat old luke would have been so much better

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Don't even explain fat old Luke, just let the nerds theorycraft until the next season.

And then still don't explain it lol

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

time travelling fat old luke fixing the star wars universe ruined by the coward j.j abrams theory.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Maybe Luke always sucked

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

When Luke disappeared in The Last Jedi he was time traveling to save Baby Yoda and prevent the events of the sequel trilogy.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Cobra Kai season 3 wasnt bad. I liked it over season 2. But too much teen crap I dont care about. Just give me Kreese vs Johhny/Kid

edit:

If they only focused on the 3 kids and not the hoard of fucks, the show would be much better.

luchajones fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jan 2, 2021

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Or just don't have Luke.

Like it's a fictional story. If something is dumb and bad you can rewrite it until it's not, or give up entirely.

No way they were ever trading the money shot for some random dude who is nothing but downsides.

The only problem I have with the scene is derp face. Unless BY shows up again we aren't going to see Luke again.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

oohhboy posted:

Unless BY shows up again we aren't going to see Luke again.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

yo bro why didn't you stop darth emo from shooting up the school then

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yo bro why didn't you stop darth emo from shooting up the school then

Maybe he was lured by the Dark Side because he saw his wife Ubru Gubrunu dying from sadness and joined Benlo Ron.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

clearly luke returned him to the yoda planet dagobah

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

lmao I watched the Bill Burr episode. They murdered like 40 dudes for the crime of... trying to destroy an Imperial munitions convoy. Which they then did, but it's fine because they were the main characters and had accomplished their own personal goals, but the aliens were just nameless monsters whose deaths were of no importance.

This show can be dumb some times.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

"Sometimes an alien pirate trying to rob/destroy a fuel convoy is just an alien pirate trying to rob/destroy a fuel convoy to create tension to keep people's interest"

Tom Cruise, actor.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gripweed posted:

lmao I watched the Bill Burr episode. They murdered like 40 dudes for the crime of... trying to destroy an Imperial munitions convoy. Which they then did, but it's fine because they were the main characters and had accomplished their own personal goals, but the aliens were just nameless monsters whose deaths were of no importance.

It’s not real

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Because I have gently caress all else to do during the current lockdown, I decided to rewatch the Star Wars prequels this weekend. I wanted to see it Rise of Skywalker could possibly be worse and by god is it ever.
Maybe it’s my brain turning to mush but they’re not as bad as I remembered. Phantom Menace is fairly poo poo and easily the worst of the 3 but the music is class and some of the design is cool. AOTC wasn’t anywhere near as bad as I remembered. The acting is fairly bad overall and the romance scenes are excruciating but the actual plot is so much easier to follow than TROS and at least you can actually see what’s going on, unlike Solo. Revenge of the Sith isn’t great but Ian McDiarmid gets plenty of screen time to ham it up, he’s great.
Overall, it’s pretty funny that Disney managed to make films worse than these.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Gripweed posted:

It's honestly impressive how bad your takes of this show stand out in this thread

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Gripweed posted:

Well see, the problem was that the protagonist was in the truck the pirates tried to blow up. Hence why he defended himself. Was he supposed to just go "You guys have a just cause, I shall now relinquish my life, please kill me" and die?

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The dad from I'm Thinking of Ending Things watching The Mandalorian and asking how he's supposed to know whether or not the mandalorian killing people is supposed to be good or bad without a person in the show reacting to it to show him how he's supposed to be feeling.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

That Max Landis BoTW was awesome.

I wondered why it was delisted, then I learned Landis is a sex weirdo.

Sad trombone.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Zzulu posted:

Well see, the problem was that the protagonist was in the truck the pirates tried to blow up. Hence why he defended himself. Was he supposed to just go "You guys have a just cause, I shall now relinquish my life, please kill me" and die?

Its fiction. Those guys weren't really trying to kill him. He wasn't even really in a truck. The whole scenario was concocted by a writer

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Gripweed posted:

Its fiction. Those guys weren't really trying to kill him. He wasn't even really in a truck. The whole scenario was concocted by a writer

Lol, not only is he posting the worst possible takes, but he is stealing them from AHS.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

sweet geek swag posted:

Lol, not only is he posting the worst possible takes, but he is stealing them from AHS.

I don't know what AHS is. Do you really not understand how fiction works? Writers created a scenario where an exciting action scene was the Mandalorian killing 50 rebels to defend an Imperial munitions convoy.

You can see how it happened, they had the plot of the episode where Mando infiltrates an Imperial base dressed as an Imperial guy, they need an exciting action scene, OK what if he gets attacked by the people who have been attacking Imperials in the area. It all works out to move the narrative along and produce an entertaining episode. But if you step back, then obviously its not a good look for the hero to have murdered all those dudes who were on the side of the good guys and trying to stop the Empire. What part of that is a bad take, what part of that do you disagree with?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

The hired killer is not a good guy

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2abDFA5zzls

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Gripweed posted:

I don't know what AHS is. Do you really not understand how fiction works? Writers created a scenario where an exciting action scene was the Mandalorian killing 50 rebels to defend an Imperial munitions convoy.

You can see how it happened, they had the plot of the episode where Mando infiltrates an Imperial base dressed as an Imperial guy, they need an exciting action scene, OK what if he gets attacked by the people who have been attacking Imperials in the area. It all works out to move the narrative along and produce an entertaining episode. But if you step back, then obviously its not a good look for the hero to have murdered all those dudes who were on the side of the good guys and trying to stop the Empire. What part of that is a bad take, what part of that do you disagree with?

A Horny Swearingen. He literally just said, "This is fiction, you have writers, write better." In this thread. Except his take wasn't enormously stupid.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I see, "The space pirates were actually oppressed freedom fighters" is this year's Tom Cruise meltdown, cool.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Sounds like someone needs to make a two hour video on the shoddy moral message of the Mandalorian and how it pales in comparison to the masterpiece of Battlestar Galactica or some obscure Dr Who episode, using that lofty and pretentious “this is the most important discussion ever” Youtuber voice. Then you can start one of those turbo-nerd channels that only produces 3 videos a year, but still somehow has millions of subscribers and pulls in thousands a month on Patreon.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jan 2, 2021

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

sweet geek swag posted:

A Horny Swearingen. He literally just said, "This is fiction, you have writers, write better." In this thread. Except his take wasn't enormously stupid.

Neither is mine. And "knowing that fictional stories are written by people therefore all events in them are choices made by someone" is not a unique idea, it's just knowing what fiction is.

hemale in pain posted:

The hired killer is not a good guy

Yes he is. The entire series is about him going to great lengths and personal risk to save a baby. Yes, in real life a bounty hunter who has killed thousands would probably not be a good guy. but, and I know bringing this up again is just going to make you mad again but it's true, this is fiction. They aren't real people. The Mandalorian kills in self defense, he kills bad people, he kills people who try to kill a baby, he kills faceless goons. And in (I know this word makes you mad but please try to keep a level head and follow me here)fiction, those actions do not hold the same moral weight that killing actual flesh and blood human beings with parents and dreams in real life does

Galewolf posted:

I see, "The space pirates were actually oppressed freedom fighters" is this year's Tom Cruise meltdown, cool.

They weren't space pirates. They were blowing up Imperial munitions convoys. They weren't stealing the munitions, they were just blowing them up so the Empire wouldn't have them.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

colonelwest posted:

Sounds like someone needs to make a 12 hour video on the shoddy moral message of the Mandalorian and how it pales in comparison to the masterpiece of Battlestar Galactica or some obscure Dr Who episode, using that lofty and pretentious “this is the most important discussion ever” Youtuber voice. Then you can start one of those turbo-nerd channels that only produces 3 videos a year, but still somehow has millions of subscribers and pulls in thousands a month on Patreon.

ftfy

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Oh, youre one of those incredibly boring people who are incoherently super mad and arguing on the Internet for the sake of it.

Ok

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

don't know why you guys are even arguing with me. I liked the show, it's good. But I think that the writers didn't quite think that one exciting action set piece through and accidentally created a scenario where The Mandalorian and a repentant ex-Imperial soldier murder 50 Rebellion fighters in order to defend an Imperial convoy, and that's kinda funny.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Gripweed posted:

and I know bringing this up again is just going to make you mad again

lol

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Are you guys just still mad about that Richard Ayoade joke? It really was just a joke, I don't actually think you guys are racist.

Of course I should've expected Bill Burr fans to be touchy about being called racist but it's too late now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
you should go smoke some weed and get a grip my friend