Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

A lot of the sites I see that have promo codes that I know for a fact never offer discounts are for very specific customer relations things, like if they screw up an order or something they may issue that customer a one-time discount code or something as a gesture of good will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
yo anyone still seeing the haagen daaz peppermint squares?

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

Anyone in the Tampa area able to give some intel on the Tampa Costco?

Moving soon and will be needing basic home furnishings and kitchenware.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i've heard they have a great deal on hot dogs there

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

lol

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

gamera009 posted:

Anyone in the Tampa area able to give some intel on the Tampa Costco?

Moving soon and will be needing basic home furnishings and kitchenware.

My wife and I are around the corner from the Citrus Park Costco which is amazing because there's an Aldi in the same plaza as well as a new Sprouts. There's also a Costco in Wesley Chapel, Brandon and Clearwater. The Citrus Park and Wesley Chapel locations just had their 3 year anniversary and are newer but all locations are comparable. Any furniture, furnishing and kitchenware we didn't inheret is from Costco

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Might make a stop today even though I was there last weekend. Got a new freezer to fill. Also out of normandy veggies.

iMonarch
Mar 19, 2007
I've been following this thread for two years and finally paid my tithings to the church for membership. Is there anything else beyond the sacrament dog (and soda) and sherpa blanket that a young parishioner might need?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Went to the 'co today and saw these absolutely adorable plush dog chew toys in the shape of Costco food court items (pizza, hot dog, soda, and something else)

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

iMonarch posted:

I've been following this thread for two years and finally paid my tithings to the church for membership. Is there anything else beyond the sacrament dog (and soda) and sherpa blanket that a young parishioner might need?

Do a stock up of staple food: rice, flour, sugar, coffee, pretty much anything you’d take on the Oregon Trail. Frozen veggies: Normandy blend, broccoli. You’re insane if you don’t buy all your meat from Costco: get a six pack of chicken, and a hundred dollar beef loin and freeze it all. Pretty good prices for pharmacy/toiletries

Battlevader
Nov 17, 2017

naem posted:

HAS ANYONE SEEN THE MOVIE IDIOCRACY HA HA

Big fan of IDIOCRACY. The movie that is.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

iMonarch posted:

When you’re ready, get tires. Just got new ones today and it was a steal (compared to tire shops).

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

iMonarch posted:

reward yourself with a pack of prime ribeye. get a big box of fruit by the foot or black forest gummy bears. And a huge brick of hard cheese for the next 6 months of cooking

E: Got new tires from the co for our mazda 3 and it was $600 all said and done. not that different than the last time I got it done elsewhere but very easy to do while shopping

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

If you need to supplement vitamin D, the Kirkland brand is USP certified and has 600 tablets, that and the generic antihistamines pay for my membership by themselves. Does have pork based gelatin tho

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Get a vacuum sealer at some point and your meat purchasing will go to the next level

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

poisonpill posted:

Do a stock up of staple food: rice, flour, sugar, coffee, pretty much anything you’d take on the Oregon Trail. Frozen veggies: Normandy blend, broccoli. You’re insane if you don’t buy all your meat from Costco: get a six pack of chicken, and a hundred dollar beef loin and freeze it all. Pretty good prices for pharmacy/toiletries

Paper products. Laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent. Batteries.

And most of all, don't buy it all at once if you have stock at home. Watch the monthly sales. This month I would pick up sponges if you need them.

Mostly things with no selection won't go on sale, but things with choices do. Flour and rice rarely are on sale of ever. Chips rotate on special.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Thwomp posted:

When you’re ready, get tires. Just got new ones today and it was a steal (compared to tire shops).

I wish I could second this.

Unfortunately, both times my dad or I have bought tires there it’s been such an epic pain in the rear end.

They wouldn’t rotate the tires even though we were within a hundred miles of the designated mileage. They wouldn’t budge on working with us for pricing.

This is at two different Costco’s too - both in TX and WA. I don’t know what the gently caress is up with the tire department but they were a huge pain.

I’ll just go to Discount Tire.

/rant

iMonarch
Mar 19, 2007
The inaugural run went well, if I had a bigger freezer I would have scooped up the normady blend, and most of what I got was grocery related. Currently enjoying the Pacific Gold jerky, which is pretty slamming. The beef selection was pretty fuckin tight, and Im gonna drop by again maybe next weekend when I have more fridge space to play around with. My first hot dog and soft drink (for $1.50) was every bit as magical as I had dreamed, and the pizza slice was also beautiful. I also filled up on some very nice costco gas on the way out. Feels good to have a church to call home.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I've only had good experience with tires there. They do what I ask, call if they need authorization for more work, and hold appointments. They also took care of me for a tire repair and rotations are included, they didn't hassle me about the frequency or anything. Of course I run two sets of tires anyway so the seasonal swap and rotations line up pretty well.

I have gotten discounts or markdowns at other tire shops but I get they don't do that. Seems weird to mark that as a complaint that a corporation won't haggle with you.

Plus it seems like every brand goes on sale every other month so if they have a tire you like it can be had for a good price.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I wasted two hours trying to install the Feit smart switch I got a couple of weeks ago on sale. The stupid app would never recognize the switch soni said "gently caress it", reinstalled the basic switch, and took all the packs I bought back. Luckily I caught a time with no return line. Then I went and picked up a bunch of frozen stuff to fill my new chest freezer - normandy veggies, cauliflower rice, ground beef, meatballs, and gonna give the detroit pizza a spin. In and out in 25 minutes. PBUC

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

rufius posted:

I wish I could second this.

Unfortunately, both times my dad or I have bought tires there it’s been such an epic pain in the rear end.

They wouldn’t rotate the tires even though we were within a hundred miles of the designated mileage. They wouldn’t budge on working with us for pricing.

This is at two different Costco’s too - both in TX and WA. I don’t know what the gently caress is up with the tire department but they were a huge pain.

I’ll just go to Discount Tire.

/rant
I mean yeah they aren't going to budge on pricing, but they do have sales. That's a weird one to rant about imo. It's not like you can haggle on food items or alcohol just because you're buying 10 vodkas or whatever.

My overall problem is it's just super busy and slow 24/7 and if you don't get there before the store even opens (sometimes tire centers open before the store does) then probably don't bother. that could just be a CA-thing about how busy they are though.

Warranty/servicing is nice but it also ties into busy-ness to utilize it, and honestly prices aren't really any better than other local tire places and sometimes can get a better price at a local tire place, especially if you aren't replacing all-4. if i just need 1 or 2 replaced, it's been a lot faster in-n-out and cheaper experience going to a local tire store with much less hassle and often they can get a lighter-used tire to match the tire-usage on the rest of the tires for quite cheap. If you need all 4 tires replaced AND there's a sale on them, it would be stupid not to use Costco even if it's like a 4-hr wait.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Xaris posted:

I mean yeah they aren't going to budge on pricing, but they do have sales. That's a weird one to rant about imo. It's not like you can haggle on food items or alcohol just because you're buying 10 vodkas or whatever.

My overall problem is it's just super busy and slow 24/7 and if you don't get there before the store even opens (sometimes tire centers open before the store does) then probably don't bother. that could just be a CA-thing about how busy they are though.

:words:

The pricing thing is minor. It was listed because “rant”. That said, they were the first place I’d been where working a deal on pricing or at least “meet the lowest price” weren’t a thing. I don’t begrudge them that, just in combination with all the other issues we had.

Mostly the pedantic bullshit on rotations and how long it took to get work done were the real kickers.

I just stopped taking tires there for rotation till they wore out. Discount Tire ended up being cheaper in the long run on time and price.

That said - as I mentioned before, it was all rant. If you get good service then by all means.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

I used costco to have my tires installed this last time. I made an appointment, when the day came I dropped it ofd and shopped for non- perishables and waited maybe 15 minutes more before it was ready. The price matched the best I could find anywhere. Haven’t brought them in for rotation yet but so far it’s been smooth

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

StormDrain posted:

I've only had good experience with tires there. They do what I ask, call if they need authorization for more work, and hold appointments. They also took care of me for a tire repair and rotations are included, they didn't hassle me about the frequency or anything. Of course I run two sets of tires anyway so the seasonal swap and rotations line up pretty well.

I have gotten discounts or markdowns at other tire shops but I get they don't do that. Seems weird to mark that as a complaint that a corporation won't haggle with you.

Plus it seems like every brand goes on sale every other month so if they have a tire you like it can be had for a good price.

Also got my tires at Costco and can only speak their praises. Bought them in 2017 and had a slow leak. Made an appointment and brought the car in, my wheels were corroding the valve stems and $3 later I was out the door fixed. The warranty they provide is top notch.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Xaris posted:

After my wife and I settled in the Midwest from being on the coasts, we called the local Costco’s Tire Center to ask a question about the tire TPMS packs and said “well sounds good I’ll go make an appointment to get on the books” and the guy just said “I mean, you can, but you can just come in whenever and we’ll get you in” and sure enough he was right.

I don’t make appointments any more. If the tires are in stock I can just get whatever done while I shop

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Hed posted:

After my wife and I settled in the Midwest from being on the coasts, we called the local Costco’s Tire Center to ask a question about the tire TPMS packs and said “well sounds good I’ll go make an appointment to get on the books” and the guy just said “I mean, you can, but you can just come in whenever and we’ll get you in” and sure enough he was right.

I don’t make appointments any more. If the tires are in stock I can just get whatever done while I shop

Yeah but now your in the Midwest with me and I’d rather have to make an appt and live on the coast lol

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

looking at getting myself one of the rowing machines from the website. can anyone comment on magnetic vs. water? they're about the same price and it looks like the magnetic one has nicer "motion" but seems like it'd be more prone to fail due to being more complicated

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Battlevader posted:

Big fan of IDIOCRACY. The movie that is.

why did you reply to this post from more than 4 years ago lol

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Holy smokes that's strange

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

FCKGW posted:

why did you reply to this post from more than 4 years ago lol

it's on the first page

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
hi, its me, THA OP

from 4 years ago

:blastu:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Note that the Echelon Row S has a weight limit of only 300 pounds may not be worth the risk

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm not caught up with the thread so I apologize if these have already been mentioned, but I just came across A-Sha Hakka Noodles in the ramen section. The price was right and I wasn't exactly sure what to expect from 300 calories of noodles and sauce, but I'm beyond happy with this stuff. I just have to warn that I eat habanero sauce for breakfast and even I think this stuff is pretty spicy so tread with caution, but honestly I'd dress these noodles in almost anything and be happy with it.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Propaganda Machine posted:

I'm not caught up with the thread so I apologize if these have already been mentioned, but I just came across A-Sha Hakka Noodles in the ramen section. The price was right and I wasn't exactly sure what to expect from 300 calories of noodles and sauce, but I'm beyond happy with this stuff. I just have to warn that I eat habanero sauce for breakfast and even I think this stuff is pretty spicy so tread with caution, but honestly I'd dress these noodles in almost anything and be happy with it.

the a-sha hakka is definitely 10000000000000000000000% better than the a-sha tainen, wahtever you do, don't get the tainen noodles.

i didn't find them pretty spicy, i mean yeah there's a nice kick but i don't think they'd be out of any normal spicy tolerance range for coastal people. if you can eat like any old drunken noodles/pad ke mao it's not above that.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

If you need to supplement vitamin D, the Kirkland brand is USP certified and has 600 tablets, that and the generic antihistamines pay for my membership by themselves. Does have pork based gelatin tho

What's the iu on the vitamin D?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

PIZZA.BAT posted:

looking at getting myself one of the rowing machines from the website. can anyone comment on magnetic vs. water? they're about the same price and it looks like the magnetic one has nicer "motion" but seems like it'd be more prone to fail due to being more complicated

The magnetic one is quieter and moves more smoothly and takes up less space. But my water rower is the most soothing and pleasant exercise experience I've had and I want everyone to get one. It makes wooshy water noises and if you close your eyes it feels like rowing on water.

Honestly it's close enough that either version is nice but I'd spend too much money on another water rower today.

Manuel Calavera posted:

What's the iu on the vitamin D?

The iu is 2000 and they give me wicked loving heartburn.

fizzymercury fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jan 3, 2021

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Xaris posted:

the a-sha hakka is definitely 10000000000000000000000% better than the a-sha tainen, wahtever you do, don't get the tainen noodles.

i didn't find them pretty spicy, i mean yeah there's a nice kick but i don't think they'd be out of any normal spicy tolerance range for coastal people. if you can eat like any old drunken noodles/pad ke mao it's not above that.

Well sure, I didn't break a sweat or anything, but my dad's straight up allergic to capsaicin so I try to be friendly :3:

(loving love these noodles, thanks for the tip)

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Got one of the motorized sit/stand desks after wanting a standing desk for a few years

It's nice

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
A voice of dissent on Costco tires.
I've bought sets of tires at Costco a few times, and don't buy there as often anymore. I stopped because when I went in for tires on my Scion tC, they wouldn't put on any tires except the OEM standard Z rated tires. As in, the tires that are rated for speeds in excess of 149 mph. I don't think that car could have even made it much past 120 (on a downhill, with a tailwind).
They absolutely would not budge on putting on a same sized, more normal tire. They had a single option in that tire size/rating, that they'd have to order in at ~$250/tire, which didn't seem worth it on a commuter car with 150k on the clock.
Went to a different tire shop and they weren't sticklers on the Z rating, and I had several options and got some great tires for half that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Yeah I don't do tire buying at Costco. Super limited selection of brands and tire types.

It's honestly designed for Joe Smith and his wife Suzanne to get their car, which they know nothing about, a set of brand name tires that meet the OEM specs for the car.