Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I played this game in 2009. It's incredible that it is somehow still alive

Didn't the MMO genre die off anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

I like this thread

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

AdmiralViscen posted:

I like this thread

You would, Admiral

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Rutibex posted:

we are hellcamping them at the moment. the cowards have not logged in yet. a few titan stragglers tried to log in and escape their fate, but we destroyed them alone and defenseless. the keepstar is vulnerable in about 15min, so if they are going to show up for round two its going to be soon! :black101:
https://twitch.tv/newedenpost

The stream has a timer with 4 hours left, or is that some other arcane EVE thing that is unrelated? Just goons chatting on twitch so far.

Also there are big bubbles everywhere. looks pretty

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

this whole thing would be better if we had like a way to watch the opposing side's reactions to losing all their ships to claim one keepstar. i want to see video game baghdad bob already

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
How many space boars do u have to kill before they let you in titanus

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fruits of the sea posted:

The stream has a timer with 4 hours left, or is that some other arcane EVE thing that is unrelated? Just goons chatting on twitch so far.

Also there are big bubbles everywhere. looks pretty

the 4 hour timer is the vulnerability countdown. the cowardly snakemen papi alliance has 3 hours 20min to log in and fight our keepstar otherwise it regenerates to full health. if they don't take this opportunity their titan fleet will be trapped in our hellcamp forever

Colonel Cancer posted:

How many space boars do u have to kill before they let you in titanus

imagine killing boars for 10 hours per day for every day for 2 years

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

So its currently vulnerable, but they havent commited to attack?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Rutibex posted:

imagine killing boars for 10 hours per day for every day for 2 years

i thought you're playing eve online not bushman online

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
My Google News feed highly suggested this story.

https://kotaku.com/both-sides-claim-victory-in-massive-eve-online-battle-1845976167

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dandywalken posted:

So its currently vulnerable, but they havent commited to attack?

yeah, and if they don't log in all the damage from the last attack will regenerate and their 100+ titan loss was pointless.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
It looks like things are occasionally exploding on stream. Are they logging back in piecemeal??

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

When asked if he had any specific regrets about the fight or its aftermath, Dunk said, “My only regret is that I didn’t get to salvage the wrecks,” adding the familiar BRAVE salute emoji, “7o.”

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

in my day we made the BBC

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

g0lbez posted:

When asked if he had any specific regrets about the fight or its aftermath, Dunk said, “My only regret is that I didn’t get to salvage the wrecks,” adding the familiar BRAVE salute emoji, “7o.”

Make 7
o Yours

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

It looks like things are occasionally exploding on stream. Are they logging back in piecemeal??

they have been logging in piecemeal for the last few days, always instant death :v:

of course goons have thousands of ships on grid; there is a concern that even if they try to log on all at the same time the server will no let them all in

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:
The enemy seems a lot more relaxed than they should be.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
I've never played Eve but I remember learning a colleague was really into it so I told him I was a goon and he was visibly repulsed.

So much like most people at work

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Moai Ou posted:

Not EVE, but this thread makes me nostalgic for when I played the EVE knockoff, Astro Empires with fellow goons. I think VileRat was part of that GoonSquad, too.

I have fond memories of taking part in GOONion's raid on the Beta server's first Death Star, the largest unit in the game (and also worthless for anything but defense), which took literal months to construct at the time. The tears (and soup/debris) when we destroyed it was delicious.

I wish I still had time to devote countless hours to spreadsheet games.

Holy poo poo, I remember AE. A coworker got me into it for a while, then months later, unrelated, I joined SA, then found out that same coworker was also a goon. So I guess SA technically got me into AE. Wow I haven't thought of that game in forever.

Anyone remember Quarantine 2019? drat, that game was one year off.

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:
So they're basically waiting until the last minute to warp in and take a shot? Wow.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
there are currently 6200+ people logged on to defend the M2 keepstar. there are currently only 4,486 people logged into the SA forums :v:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Rutibex posted:

there are currently 6200+ people logged on to defend the M2 keepstar. there are currently only 4,486 people logged into the SA forums :v:

sounds like you may have a spy problem

edit :

Rutibex posted:

sorry the battle kept going and i am an old man and went to bed :v: i just don't have 10 hour vidya in me any more i guess :(

the final count:

This is message the enemy sent out before down time:

total titans lost 245 or about $320,000 USD. this fight apparently isn't over, they want to go again when the structure timer comes due in a few days! we will see if they have such resolve.

245 titans lost in 1 battle :lol:

those loving things were the worst addition to eve

ded fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 3, 2021

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Of course, they’re all logged out of the forums because they’re in EVE.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
the snakemen are starting to make their moves, the battle should begin soon:
https://twitch.tv/imperiumnews

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Rutibex posted:

the snakemen are starting to make their moves, the battle should begin soon:
https://twitch.tv/imperiumnews

who the gently caress is this suit talking over an eve online not battle?!?!?

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ded posted:

who the gently caress is this suit talking over an eve online not battle?!?!?

Whoever he is he should get a new chair or fix that one, that tilt off to the left is going to ruin his back.

EoRaptor fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jan 3, 2021

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
lol suit dude is isk begging too for titan replacement

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
So when you lose your spaceship jpeg in this game, does it respawn, or do you have to get out there and sell enough meth to afford a new one?

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

edit: wrong thread

Think Less fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jan 3, 2021

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

steinrokkan posted:

So when you lose your spaceship jpeg in this game, does it respawn, or do you have to get out there and sell enough meth to afford a new one?

The latter. You can space-buy space-insurance that pays out some portion of the hull value if it pops though (doesn’t cover any of the things you fit to it).

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
they jumped half their titan fleet into a route. they are dying :v:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

According to the stream those losers made a huge tactical misstep in their positioning. :smug:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Rutibex posted:

they jumped half their titan fleet into a route. they are dying :v:

A route or a rout?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Batterypowered7 posted:

A route or a rout?

whichever one means they are losing

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

This guy is complaining about "bullying" and goons not playing fair or honoring gentlemen's agreements in an interstellar war lol

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

AHH F/UGH posted:

This guy is complaining about "bullying" and goons not playing fair or honoring gentlemen's agreements in an interstellar war lol

anyone that puts USMC into their online name is a tool to be ignored

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

AHH F/UGH posted:

"This loss would only invigorate us"

Classic grief stage

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

ded posted:

anyone that puts USMC into their online name is a tool to be ignored

Bringing the famous Marine strategic genius into the space age, oorah! *blows up after being shot by million space cruisers in a single instant*

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

hello, goons, fuckem up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
they are too lagged to load their shield modules, they are defenseless. we are killing a titan every 5 seconds, they have not killed a single goon titan