Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope Jeff keeps around all the old writers, including Bob, when he decides to start updating the front page again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Bob I really want to know what your thoughts on the latest forums drama with Lowtax and Jeffrey buying the site and everything but I can't just ask you on Patreon. What do you think??

It's good, and one of the reasons I stopped writing for SA in 2019 (outside of lack of time) is that I was still making the $40 per article I made when I started writing in January of 2006. Seeing how much money was wasted by the former owner while writers basically received no support has been incredibly disappointing.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
I hope Bob tells us to burn our pants. These things are driving me nuts.

(Not to put anyone on blast but does literally anyone have a different opinion on the situation? I thought it didn't need to be said that No one agrees with his wife-beating policy even if they agreed with his mangosteen killing policy.)

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I don't care for any admin, or mod. Also, they should all be paid positions.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
https://www.patreon.com/posts/43189841

Season 2 redo is a cromulent idea

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’d be down for that.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Yeah, why not, I liked the season 1 redo

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

anything to delay crossing into The Bad Seasons lol

but it's a good idea, the podcast is different now than it was in the early days.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

The only reason I was even slightly down on the Season 1 redo was it meant delaying the Maude Dies and Behind the Laughter eps, so now I could fully get behind this

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'll be honest I haven't really listened to the new episodes much unless there's a guest I like because I can't even listen to the clips of the Simpsons Season 11.

Time to break the emergency glass. It's a King of the Hill podcast now. 5 more years of good material.

brugroffil posted:

anything to delay crossing into The Bad Seasons lol

but it's a good idea, the podcast is different now than it was in the early days.

Simpsons Movie minute like that Star Wars Minute podcast?

Mission-by-mission breakdown of Simpsons Road Rage?

Song decoder podcast for every Simpsons album?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

PostNouveau posted:

Time to break the emergency glass. It's a King of the Hill podcast now. 5 more years of good material.
So much this.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Try Ho Yeah for KOTH

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Come on, Bob, endlessly insisting that you guys are truly going to do the bad seasons and then mysteriously starting over at Season 1 after 10??

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Aw hell yeah this is my favorite episode of Futurama.

Glad they agree with me that's the best Futurama song. It's like head and shoulders above the other ones.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Oct 30, 2020

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

drat, I was hoping they'd double down and do 2 & 3. Guess we're stuck with 12 all year

This alternating approach would have fit a 50-50 poll but seems weird for a clear majority

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m looking forward to seeing with them when the show gets really bad. Maybe I’m just getting soft but season 11 isn’t as bad as I remembered, except for, ya know.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

The season 10 finale episode was jan 8, it's taken 11 months to get through season 11.

I'm a skeleton.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
November WAC schedule announced:

Ed, Edd n Eddy - "Brother Can You Spare an Ed? / The Day the Ed Stood Still" [Patreon: 11/2/20 - Free Feed: 11/9/20]

Courage the Cowardly Dog - "Everyone Wants to Direct / Remembrance of Courage Past" [Patreon: 11/9/20 - Free Feed: 11/16/20]

The Wind in the Willows - "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn" [Patreon: 11/16/20 - Free Feed: 11/23/20]

Bubblegum Crisis - "Tinsel City Rhapsody" [Patreon: 11/23/20 - Free Feed: 11/30/20]

An Extended Preview of What A Cartoon Movie for Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit [Patreon: 11/30/20 - Free Feed: 12/7/20]

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 31, 2020

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
The Wind in the Willows should be interesting, I can barely remember it from childhood but it was a big deal to me. Also any discussion of Cosgrove Hall should be pretty cool, I think the guys may have mention Danger Mouse or Duckula in the past? Not necessarily in the best light? Central to my childhood but I've not revisited them for a long time.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

BizarroAzrael posted:

The Wind in the Willows should be interesting, I can barely remember it from childhood but it was a big deal to me. Also any discussion of Cosgrove Hall should be pretty cool, I think the guys may have mention Danger Mouse or Duckula in the past? Not necessarily in the best light? Central to my childhood but I've not revisited them for a long time.

Danger Mouse introduced me to ennui as a kid but I did enjoy the Duckula

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Doing commentary on Simpsons seasons that come after the kind of "post-golden-but-not-all-the-way-bad" seasons sounds like a nightmare. Starting around Season 13, there's a formula that develops where the plots of the show become a disjointed mess, where each episode almost feels like three different episodes in one. The show usually starts with some kind of riff on a topic, then after the first commercial break tries to actually develop several plots then immediately resolve them.

Never mind that these erratic plots are loaded with punch-up and Family Guy-style gags that make the episodes feel even more disjointed as the plots get terrified of themselves and rush to a conclusion. Just trying to pick through the beats would add considerably to the podcast's runtime.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Pennsylvanian posted:

Doing commentary on Simpsons seasons that come after the kind of "post-golden-but-not-all-the-way-bad" seasons sounds like a nightmare. Starting around Season 13, there's a formula that develops where the plots of the show become a disjointed mess, where each episode almost feels like three different episodes in one. The show usually starts with some kind of riff on a topic, then after the first commercial break tries to actually develop several plots then immediately resolve them.

Never mind that these erratic plots are loaded with punch-up and Family Guy-style gags that make the episodes feel even more disjointed as the plots get terrified of themselves and rush to a conclusion. Just trying to pick through the beats would add considerably to the podcast's runtime.

Fine I'll end the podcast and go back to my job at the box factory

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
When are we going to get to the box factory? 😭

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

bobservo posted:

Just keep your hands and eyeballs away from the machines.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

bobservo posted:

This may well prove fascinating!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
As a 26 year old I loved Ed Edd N Eddy when I was young because of how weird and loud and different it was

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Quite the timing on the latest episode

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The talk about "Oh maybe it'll come to that" about reading old sci-fi, and guys, I'm here for it.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

How could you guys skip this legendary Zoidberg line? I hoped it'd be in the intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBuZtRw4lvk

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Years late, but the Daffy Duck episode of What A Cartoon! is amazing.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Congratulations to Bob and (friend of the show) Nina!

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

BizarroAzrael posted:

Congratulations to Bob and (friend of the show) Nina!

:yeah:

Congrats on the many months delayed nuptials

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I am a new listener.

Over lock down I have been going through so many recent eps in itunes. Then I heard you guys reference SA and realise you posted in the long dead games podcast thread that was really good a few years back. How weird.

You guys have such a great podcast.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I read the good news on Twitter literally as Bob started to mention the wedding date on the latest Talk to the Audience I was listening to at the same time.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jippa posted:

I am a new listener.

Over lock down I have been going through so many recent eps in itunes. Then I heard you guys reference SA and realise you posted in the long dead games podcast thread that was really good a few years back. How weird.

You guys have such a great podcast.

Bob has been writing for the front page for a very long time.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

Bob has been writing for the front page for a very long time.

There's a Bob??

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Also, congratulations to one of my favorite podcasters who ever podcasted!

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

New voting for the Spring 2021 miniseries, coward backers won't vote for more Duckman

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

my wedding gift to bob is voting for duckman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Fawf posted:

my wedding gift to bob is voting for duckman