Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The first one made a fortune

How not why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

There used to be buildings called “cinemas” where people would bring children to watch crap

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
cinema, seen'em all

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Quantum of Phallus posted:

There used to be buildings called “cinemas” where people would bring children to watch crap
What the gently caress :aaa:

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

Son of Rodney posted:

please tell me what red letter media is

these men are pawns

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
did Rich Evans cut the power at the end because the HFs were talking too long?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

hell yeah content incoming

https://twitter.com/jonronson/status/1345397934473539585?s=20

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006
I am the master of ovens for some reason.
Rich Evans gets shot and dies, yet he was previously made immortal by aliens. Ahem, massive plot-hole anyone? I hope someone gets fired over this blunder.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Ovenmaster posted:

Rich Evans gets shot and dies, yet he was previously made immortal by aliens. Ahem, massive plot-hole anyone? I hope someone gets fired over this blunder.

It’s cool, they fired Jack.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
CONTENT! Mods can finally clear the shitpost tag

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

ugh wonder woman. who gives a gently caress? do the mando s2

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Flushing a promising first entry down the toilet is covered by either.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
i still havent watched the star wars show despite the promise of oliphant eating scenery. hth

also this was a funny half in the bag

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
I found it. The one good YouTube comment.

Wontrickpony posted:

Kristin Wiigs character was set for failure when young Diana found out that cheetahs never win.

Graham Fury
Oct 26, 2010
I loved the running gag of yoju repeatedly devouring that woman's unborn children. Oh, they're the last hope for your family's future? Should've thought of that before you decided to be a funny-looking dinosaur lady, lmao owned

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

lol that Mike cuts off Jay to correct him that Wonder Woman didn't renounce her wish in that scene she did

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

From the YouTube comments:

quote:

She's yelling about "the truth" into a tv camera that somehow transmits to everyone on earth. Didn't Neil Breen make a movie like that?

:thunk:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"You can tell he's dying cuz his skin is purple"

- Rich Evans, Half in the Bag ep. 87: Avengers Age of Ultron, 28:52

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
WW2 is just a very generic bad movie with a lot of logical and continuity errors. It's not even a terribad train wreck Snyderbad movie. It's just a meh superhero movie from the pre-Sam Raimi era.

BTW, what is the race of the Max Lord character?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

stephenthinkpad posted:

WW2 is just a very generic bad movie with a lot of logical and continuity errors. It's not even a terribad train wreck Snyderbad movie. It's just a meh superhero movie from the pre-Sam Raimi era.

I'm not going to watch the movie, but from the HitB it kind of looks like a bloated high budget version of the Cannon Captain America movie.

stephenthinkpad posted:

Trump I think. Also, Latin American people can play white characters.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jan 3, 2021

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
Patty Jenkins was always bad!

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

"You can tell he's dying cuz his skin is purple"

- Rich Evans, Half in the Bag ep. 87: Avengers Age of Ultron, 28:52

lol its real

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

luchajones posted:

Patty Jenkins was always bad!

Monster was a good movie, but yeah, she seems to have overloaded WW1984 with a bunch of bullshit 'cuz she thought she was making a "big, important movie," and lost sight of the fact that she was a making a Punch(wo)man moopie.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I've read more than enough comics to know that Geoff Johns is a major reason why WW84 was terrible.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/PerfectlyShots/status/1345184947531870211?s=20

Tip posted:

lol that Mike cuts off Jay to correct him that Wonder Woman didn't renounce her wish in that scene she did

The booze is really getting to his brain.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Warm booze ruined mike's mind during this episode. He could never make it in Britain

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just watched the opening to ww84 HitB. Rich is GOAT. Half the reason I watch is for the epic story lines.

I almost wished they repeated this(115s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hAovTH_n8M&t=115s

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

:chloe:

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Groovelord Neato posted:

The booze is really getting to his brain.

Here's a link to one of my favorite Half in the Bag episodes. Completely unrelated to your comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8elLwSfGEM

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

rich is goated

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I watched WW84 and they could have easily chopped an hour out of it. Half at the beginning and half in the middle. Kristen Wiig's caharcter could have been completely eliminated without changing the plot at all. I don't hate it, it's far from the worst DC movie, but it is boring. Gal Gadot is a terrible actress.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

They need to give Superman and WW some jokes. Thor sucked in the beginning til they let him be funny.

or whenever WW talks, Stone Cold can pop in yelling, "WHAT"

Roundabout
Oct 31, 2006
It's Crumbelievable!
The hack frauds would have enjoyed WW84 if they had payed attention to the fact that it is a tie-in to The Mandalorian. It's so obvious too. Mando struggles with his new position as ruler of Mandalore (which turns out to be earth) and loses his moral grounding in the process (that's why he isn't wearing his helmet anymore). It is not until he finds another child that reminds him of baby yoda that Mando finds redemption. I applaud the film makers for making a star wars movie for once that isn't so dependent on the old tropes, but clearly it was too subtle for Mike and Jay.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

lol gently caress i hope patty isnt writing the Rogue Squadron movie because yeesh

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Rogue Squadron, like the video game?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Randarkman posted:

Rogue Squadron, like the video game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bLkTjn6Y_s

yea p much

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Stop giving people who make lovely movies more movies!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The idea of adapting Rogue Squadron to a movie is so loving batshit, because if you remember the original games, it was just filling in the gaps between the movies - and it kicked rear end! Didn't go over the top, relatively grounded, and you got to hang out with Luke and Wedge and the rest of the star warriors. There really isn't a story there.

So yeah, Jenkins is doomed from the start.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
When did normies find out about the Chinese Covid clones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Taintrunner posted:

The idea of adapting Rogue Squadron to a movie is so loving batshit, because if you remember the original games, it was just filling in the gaps between the movies - and it kicked rear end! Didn't go over the top, relatively grounded, and you got to hang out with Luke and Wedge and the rest of the star warriors. There really isn't a story there.

So yeah, Jenkins is doomed from the start.

It’s going to take place after TROS though, so I guess it’s new characters flying for the New New Republic against the Empire 3.0? Basically they’re just using the name Rogue Squadron because things you know.