Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

hifi posted:

i know i've said it before but i'm probably just getting tools from harbor freight until the end of time. the chinese figured out steel like 5 years ago and plastic is plastic. i'm not blowing 30 bucks on made in america pliers, especially when that premium probably just goes to line the executives' pockets.

off on a different tangent i'm reading hard boiled wonderland by murakami. dudes got some wild prose about women. almost half way thru.

This is fine for home tinkerers.

When I was working on my tools, I figured out quickly what i could get away with doing Harbor Freight, and what I really actually needed to spend money on. When you're using them for an 8-12 hour shift (or the occasional OT/double), you don't have to time to waste with sockets with slop, ratchets that can't stand torque, wrenches that round off, or anything with poor ergonomics.

A home toolbox that's like 90% Harbor Freight is fine for the vast majority of Americans, tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I will gladly volunteer to take one of the doses that these people are declining :shrug:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

General Dog posted:

Harbor Freight is dope

I've found things that I couldn't find anywhere else that I really needed there on 2 separate occasions. One was a super slim set of open end wrenches, the other was a set of diamond grit hole saws

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://mobile.twitter.com/chantshmant/status/1345285605396258816

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

General Dog posted:

2 Big 2 Sick

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/slowbeef/status/1345602623873970177?s=20

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/thucydiplease/status/1345299570524241921

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

:f5:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Do the major streaming services like Disney+ and Hulu have any in-built mechanism that make screensharing not work?

Like if I streamed the mando, and screen shared with zoom or google hangouts, would that work for a communal viewing?

If not, what's the cheapest and best way to have a synched movie viewing experience?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

I feel like ive been talking about this show for a while now.

Ehud might be the other guy who watched it too. It’s amazing entertainment

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Do the major streaming services like Disney+ and Hulu have any in-built mechanism that make screensharing not work?

Like if I streamed the mando, and screen shared with zoom or google hangouts, would that work for a communal viewing?

If not, what's the cheapest and best way to have a synched movie viewing experience?

Disney plus and a couple other streaming services added a "watch together" option, I think it syncs you up with friends somehow. Haven't really looked into it myself though.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Ornery and Hornery posted:

yeah, hdcp

you would have to pirate it first

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

GD_American posted:

This is fine for home tinkerers.

When I was working on my tools, I figured out quickly what i could get away with doing Harbor Freight, and what I really actually needed to spend money on. When you're using them for an 8-12 hour shift (or the occasional OT/double), you don't have to time to waste with sockets with slop, ratchets that can't stand torque, wrenches that round off, or anything with poor ergonomics.

A home toolbox that's like 90% Harbor Freight is fine for the vast majority of Americans, tho

I agree with that generally, and it was for sure true in the past.

That said, I have some of their new Icon stuff that I'd absolutely put up against my snap on, matco and kd stuff. And their new mid line saws and such are pretty drat nice. I've put probably 2k cuts through the miter saw so far with zero issue.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kalli posted:

Any excuse to post one of the great responses to an incredibly out of touch person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76HijAoXi6k

Larry King very obviously overcorrected but "coffee and socks" is a really loving lame answer when you're asking a tv famous person about what luxury items they like. Just admit you spent an insane amount of money on a watch or something.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Hard to stay in a bad mood when you look down at your lap and see this

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I finally finished the Blue Lions route in Three Houses, and wow there is so much I still don't understand about the plot, what the hell is going on :psyduck:

e: I should add it's the first one I completed and I have no idea which one to do next, in part because I forgot about the DLC until like halfway through this route.

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jan 3, 2021

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Aliens

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Manoueverable posted:

I finally finished the Blue Lions route in Three Houses, and wow there is so much I still don't understand about the plot, what the hell is going on :psyduck:

e: I should add it's the first one I completed and I have no idea which one to do next, in part because I forgot about the DLC until like halfway through this route.

I would suggest do Black Eagles next.

It's very interesting to see how the different house leaders turn out without Byleth's influence.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

I feel like ive been talking about this show for a while now.

Ehud might be the other guy who watched it too. It’s amazing entertainment

It’s so awful. I love it.

I have to finish it before my baby is born. I can’t expose her to this wonderful garbage during her formative years.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I'm throwing up the Leper-signal for him an anyone else who plays D&D, looking for some input:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3877675&pagenumber=531#post511229811

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

seiferguy posted:

What the heck happened to his jaw??

acromegaly

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Samadhi posted:

I'm throwing up the Leper-signal for him an anyone else who plays D&D, looking for some input:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3877675&pagenumber=531#post511229811

I know only the very basics of D&D but for the time traveling scenario you mentioned a high level bard that can bullshit their way out of anything seems an obvious choice?

I mean it might be more fun without that, I don't know.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Pops Mgee posted:

Disney plus and a couple other streaming services added a "watch together" option, I think it syncs you up with friends somehow. Haven't really looked into it myself though.

This is the right answer - to further the point, you can make your friend or whoever a login on your account, have them login, then use the watch together option. It’ll ask you who is watching and you select the other acct.

Not sure if Hulu has this but Disney definitely does

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

I know only the very basics of D&D but for the time traveling scenario you mentioned a high level bard that can bullshit their way out of anything seems an obvious choice?

I mean it might be more fun without that, I don't know.

:same: with regards to D&D knowledge. I think someone is playing a Bard as well. I was thinking of doing a high level Paladin, but am worried I'll be handicapped until I can armor up

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I woke up at 3:45am and could not fall back asleep. I've moved from my bed to my couch to try a new perspective, but all I have is a cat cuddling me. I think this is gonna be a rough week.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Joey Freshwater posted:

This is the right answer - to further the point, you can make your friend or whoever a login on your account, have them login, then use the watch together option. It’ll ask you who is watching and you select the other acct.

Not sure if Hulu has this but Disney definitely does

Thank you!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

hifi posted:

off on a different tangent i'm reading hard boiled wonderland by murakami. dudes got some wild prose about women. almost half way thru.
Like the pyramids

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jan 3, 2021

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/shutupmikeginn/status/1345527755996233728?s=21

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

It’s so awful. I love it.

I have to finish it before my baby is born. I can’t expose her to this wonderful garbage during her formative years.

God that’s so true. Even the successful “normal” ones are train wrecks.

The wedding speech by that girls brother... andrei and Elizabeth. I thought the brother was going to get actually murdered

And honestly the dude who was posted above, paul, is a star. He’s such a loser it’s legendary. He took his wife and baby to a sewage treatment plant as a vacation, to show how great the USA is and why she should be happy living in a trailer with a bunch of dogs

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/AlexEdelman/status/1345747673341517824

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

Manoueverable posted:

For what it's worth the Golden Deer route seemed like it had a ton of world-building plot and background

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

hifi posted:

Murakami is up there as one of my favorite authors but he is very obviously weird when it comes to women and sex. Pick up his book Men Without Women if you want story after story of :wtc:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
The worst thing about living on the west coast is checking Twitter and everyone is complaining about the main character of the day, but have stopped quoting/retweeting the original tweet

What is going on with the beans? It's a simple question

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

The Glumslinger posted:

The worst thing about living on the west coast is checking Twitter and everyone is complaining about the main character of the day, but have stopped quoting/retweeting the original tweet

What is going on with the beans? It's a simple question

Lead singer of Harvey Danger makes his small daughter sort out a can opener by herself FOR SIX HOURS

https://twitter.com/johnroderick/status/1345508384011816960?s=19

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Freaquency posted:

Murakami is up there as one of my favorite authors but he is very obviously weird when it comes to women and sex. Pick up his book Men Without Women if you want story after story of :wtc:

Where do you rank The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle on the list on Murakami books? Not in terms of weird sex stuff specifically but in general.

E:

Spoeank posted:

Lead singer of Harvey Danger makes his small daughter sort out a can opener by herself FOR SIX HOURS

Good can we get a different intro/outro to MBMBAM now

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jan 3, 2021

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Manoueverable posted:

I still don't understand the ending or really half the stuff that happened on the final mission. I tried looking it up but no one broke it down Barney style for me so I just gave up and assumed either the other routes explain it, or I just am not meant to know.

Unrelated video game news but cool as hell.

https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1345615588106780672?s=20

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Freaquency posted:

KAFKA

ON

THE

SHORES

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/ryo8evasama/status/1345610649099931648

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

nice, you too can be a slut for $20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Spoeank posted:

I don't know about this stuff but he's on a podcast about excruciating minutia in pop culture and history with Jeopardy legend Ken Jennings and it's pretty darn good, a solid hour of terrible dad jokes mixed in with weirdly fascinating dives.