Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

site posted:

There's also apparently a new Keaton Batman in the works
I don't even remember hearing about this

I'm struggling to try and imagine what that kind of aesthetic would look like in modern film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

OnimaruXLR posted:

I read that post out of the corner of my eye at first so I was really disappointed to discover that it is not, in fact, a Kate Beaton Batman movie

This would actually be good so DC would never do it

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Yeah, the Batfleck Batman is supppsed to be partially inspired by Dark Knight Returns.

Every live-action Batman since Keaton, with the potential exception of Clooney, has been partially inspired by DKR.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

site posted:

There's also apparently a new Keaton Batman in the works

If this isn't a Batman Beyond movie I will be disappointed

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Keaton is apparently signed on for Flashpoint as Batman but I hadn't heard about a solo film. At this point though I'm going to assume every DC property is on the table but won't actually believe they're real until we have a trailer

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
There was an article a few months ago saying he was signed on for a batman beyond show on hbo max, but I'm starting to think that might be a fever dream.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Madkal posted:

If this isn't a Batman Beyond movie I will be disappointed

My first thought as well.

God dam, Batman Beyond was better than it had any reason to be.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The amazing thing about Batman Beyond is how it's origin story just the DCAU team figuring out how to make diamonds from coal with the mandate of the network being "Make it like Pokemon and Power Rangers"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1345557996361814017?s=20

No, you aren't missing anything by reading the actual article, because they don't give a reason as to why anyone is anticipating this movie

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They should have given him the palm suckers like in Spider-Man TAS.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope all he does is blab about needing plasma

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

FlamingLiberal posted:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1345557996361814017?s=20

No, you aren't missing anything by reading the actual article, because they don't give a reason as to why anyone is anticipating this movie

The two minute trailer was overall more fun than WW1984 at least.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

As far as I have read future WB film Batman projects are:

The Batman (Matt Reeves and Battinson, not a part of the DCEU, new continuity)

The Batman spin-off TV show (will follow a corrupt cop in the GCPD during Batman's first year, will be the same Batman as Battinson so not in the DCEU, but I guess it might not actually feature Pattinson in the role as I imagine Batman will be rarely seen)

The Flash film (will feature Keaton Batman and Affleck Batman thanks to multi-verse stuff)

Neither Keaton nor Affleck will have any solo films as far as I know, but if the Snydercut injects new enthusiasm into the DCEU (somewhat debateable at this point due to the polarization of Snyder's work) then perhaps they might court Affleck to come back for future DCEU projects. Walter Hamada said in an interview recently that there is going to be two Batman series running at the same time. What he means by that is unclear, certainly Battinson is one, but the other...?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

So they just announced Keaton is the "official" Batman for the DCEU.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

So they just announced Keaton is the "official" Batman for the DCEU.

What does that make Robert Pattinson, or Ben Affleck? Alternate timeline Batmen? And if so, what does that mean for all the other characters Batfleck interacted with, like the entire Justice League?

Is this just DC's way of saying "Yeah everything we've made has been absolute poo poo, including stuff that hasn't even been released. DO-OVER TIME!"

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Gib Batman Beyond pls

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Roth posted:

Gib Batman Beyond pls

A gnarled finger on the monkey's paw curls up, and a sense of dread washes over you.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Battinson seems to be aiming for more of a Year One vibe so he’s probably technically the same one as Keaton, but still very weird news.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jamesman posted:

What does that make Robert Pattinson, or Ben Affleck? Alternate timeline Batmen? And if so, what does that mean for all the other characters Batfleck interacted with, like the entire Justice League?

Is this just DC's way of saying "Yeah everything we've made has been absolute poo poo, including stuff that hasn't even been released. DO-OVER TIME!"

"Forget everything Snyder did. Except please pay for the Snydercut"

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Roth posted:

Gib Batman Beyond pls

The way it's being reported is that Keaton will be the "main Batman", so I don't think this is DC secretly backdooring old Bruce Wayne in for Batman Beyond (unfortunately).

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jamesman posted:

Battinson is a "stand-alone" Bats, kind of like the Phoenix Joker. Keaton's apparently replacing Affleck as the connected universe Bats. Probably write out Affleck in the Flash movie (if that ever happens).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Michael Keaton is 70.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Which is why this is so loving weird, yes.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I hope KeatonBats is still unhinged and weirdly aggressive. BatFleck was just... dull.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Arist posted:

Which is why this is so loving weird, yes.

Could be they're going for a Douglas/Ant-Man situation where a younger actor is Nightwing or something?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

Battinson is a "stand-alone" Bats, kind of like the Phoenix Joker. Keaton's apparently replacing Affleck as the connected universe Bats. Probably write out Affleck in the Flash movie (if that ever happens).

I thought the Rob Pattinson movie was going to be the same movie Ben Affleck was gonna be in before he quit. Did the whole project get scrapped?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Birdman was prophetic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLyqFFR9kPE

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jamesman posted:

I thought the Rob Pattinson movie was going to be the same movie Ben Affleck was gonna be in before he quit. Did the whole project get scrapped?

I think it technically is the same project, just originally it was Affleck starring and directing... then just starring and Reeves got attached... then Affleck dropped out and they pivoted to Pattison and a younger Wayne.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Disney perfected deaging cgi.

WB perfected time travel

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 4, 2021

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

God, I hate this movie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Could be they're going for a Douglas/Ant-Man situation where a younger actor is Nightwing or something?

There is a 0% chance WB is going to be without a proper Batman for more than a couple of years.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I support DC for not just following Marvel. It would be so easy for them to just make good movies and be successful, but they bravely blaze their own path by making this whole movie universe thing needlessly complex and mediocre.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm very confused by this announcement. It makes no sense.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The only way it makes sense to me is they're trying to lay claim to the Burton Batman films as the history of the DCEU and so the grizzled tired Batman Affleck played in BvS was supposed to be that guy an dnow maybe there's a small time jump since Justice League or something? And then yeah you'd introduce Nightwing or Red Robin or the Hood or someone to replace him?

I dunno.

They're so messy.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

TwoPair posted:

I support DC for not just following Marvel. It would be so easy for them to just make good movies and be successful, but they bravely blaze their own path by making this whole movie universe thing needlessly complex and mediocre.

(Super)Men Going Their Own Way

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Arist posted:

God, I hate this movie.
Then you hate fun

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The United States posted:

Then you hate fun

Birdman is self-indulgent, which is not the same thing as fun.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm just curious as to why the hamada interview from last week is being reported as breaking news today

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

site posted:

I'm just curious as to why the hamada interview from last week is being reported as breaking news today

It's only January 4th and Trump's latest attempt to pervert democracy only takes up so much of the news-cycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

From the Batman on film story about this, it sounds like Flashpoint is his gonna gently caress with the universe and replace the Affleck Batman with the Keaton version via multiverse poo poo.