Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i wonder how drunk Mike and Jay were watching WW84 because they got so much stuff wrong about a film they presumably only watched in the past week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

RickRogers posted:

Makes sense, as long as she can translate that to people who don't care much about flying?
I didn't care about wonder woman before and now....oh

presumably Rogue Squadron will be about flying though

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

CODChimera posted:

presumably Rogue Squadron will be about flying though

I hope they explain what each of the buttons does

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I'll try spinning, that's a good trick!

Anakin Skywalker, legendary space fighter pilot.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

luchajones posted:

They need to give Superman and WW some jokes. Thor sucked in the beginning til they let him be funny.

Can you imagine how awkward and embarrassing it would be if the soulless mushmouth IDF child murderer tried to be funny?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Galewolf posted:

I'll try spinning, that's a good trick!

Anakin Skywalker, legendary space fighter pilot.

i'm hoping that because she appears to be passionate and take flying seriously she will lean more into the OT/Rogue One/Mando style and not the jokey/meme stuff

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i wonder how drunk Mike and Jay were watching WW84 because they got so much stuff wrong about a film they presumably only watched in the past week

What did they get wrong? I didn't bother to watch it but it seemed in line with what others have said about the movie

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nirvikalpa posted:

What did they get wrong? I didn't bother to watch it but it seemed in line with what others have said about the movie

No I mean like getting plot points wrong, not opinions.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Can you imagine how awkward and embarrassing it would be if the soulless mushmouth IDF child murderer tried to be funny?

jesus christ dude

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

CODChimera posted:

in a way it could be a good thing for the show that she's so passionate about flying or whatever?

I think a director who was passionate about competent story telling would be a better fit.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/moschinodorito/status/1345533350774235144?s=20

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

??

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

It's Josh
well before WW took his wish away

luchajones fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jan 3, 2021

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Gripweed posted:

I think a director who was passionate about competent story telling would be a better fit.

or even better: willing to just copy the mando

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

That's Kumail Nanjiani. He got cast in a Marvel movie so they gave him the Space Marine serum they gave Chris Pratt and all the others to make them shredded, but the movie got delayed so they just keep giving him more doses of the serum

This is what he used to look like

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sitting down for my Christmas dinner of dried poo poo and steroids

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol move the table out of the shot and let us see that roid gut Kumail

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol move the table out of the shot and let us see that roid gut Kumail

You only get a roid gut if you do steroids like a moron. I assume the trainers Disney hires keep him on well managed cycles.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I would love a fan edit of Mando made in spargetti style and completed with Morricone score. Extreme close up of faces.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You only get "roidgut" if you abuse a specific steroid for years

poo poo, regular riskrfree steroids are legal in America. It's called TRT or testosterone replacement therapy

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
ah, my knowledge of steroids comes entirely from dumbass wrestlers that don’t know how to do them apparently

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Kumal looking like the bad guy in the Mask movie after he wore the mask.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

lol if you think they did bad, Ralph got every single detail of the movie's plot wrong in his three hour (longer than the movie!) review of it

It really was a very boring and not very good movie so I'm not going to be mad at internet reviewers for not paying attention

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I literally fell asleep for the bit when she renounced her wish

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Chapo Trap House did an entire episode reviewing the movie and I just found out from the RLM review that the bad guy was Maxwell Lord. The Chapos didn't once use the character's name

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

But what did Rich Evans think?!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

luchajones posted:

But what did Rich Evans think?!

He’s dead

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Mike got the wish renouncing wrong, but I can't think of what Jay got wrong.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

rydiafan posted:

Mike got the wish renouncing wrong, but I can't think of what Jay got wrong.

Jay didn’t think the film had references to the 80s

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Gripweed posted:

Chapo Trap House did an entire episode reviewing the movie and I just found out from the RLM review that the bad guy was Maxwell Lord. The Chapos didn't once use the character's name

Well RLM got it half wrong, Mike called him Max Power lol.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Setting it in 1984 and then having a fictional president is so lame.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

stephenthinkpad posted:

Well RLM got it half wrong, Mike called him Max Power lol.

the villain is named max landis

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Jay didn’t think the film had references to the 80s

The film IMO had very little reference to 80s, compare to Guardians of Galaxy and Strange Things. I don't recall anything specific to 1984. Was there any Olympic reference?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Lucky bastard.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

stephenthinkpad posted:

The film IMO had very little reference to 80s, compare to Guardians of Galaxy and Strange Things. I don't recall anything specific to 1984. Was there any Olympic reference?

Jay was kinda right in that it's mostly dressing - the Chapos brought it up too that it made no sense to make it a period piece since they didn't really use it for anything but the look.

Although I guess Patty Jenkins is now lying to justify her poor writing and agreed with a tweet that said Chris Pine taking over another guy's body and the creepy implications was a play off films like Big.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

Jay was kinda right in that it's mostly dressing - the Chapos brought it up too that it made no sense to make it a period piece since they didn't really use it for anything but the look.

Yeah, aside from a few specific things like Barbara at the gym in an 80s workout outfit or fake Reagan it was easy to forget it was supposed to be the 80s

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jay also brought up like they did that there were zero songs from the era.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Quoting myself from elsewhere

NoneMoreNegative posted:

quote:

Richard Donner Confirms He Will Direct Lethal Weapon 5!
Even at 90, Richard Donner is not too old for this sh*t! At least when it comes to teaming up with Mel Gibson and Danny Glover, who will return to star in one final Lethal Weapon film. Donner revealed as much in an interview with The Telegraph, and confirmed that he will indeed direct Riggs and Murtaugh’s final outing.

“This is the final one,” Donner said. “It’s both my privilege and duty to put it to bed. It’s exciting, actually… Hahaha! It’s the last one, I’ll promise you that.”

The Lethal Weapon franchise began in 1987 and has since spawned four films, the last being Lethal Weapon 4 way back in 1998. That film ultimately grossed $285 million at the box office (against a massive $100-150 million budget), but score lukewarm reviews and reactions from critics and audiences alike. Hopefully, Donner has enough juice left to give us something more along the lines of Lethal Weapon 2 so the series can go out with a bang.

Thinkin' about how much juice a 90yr old has :hmmyes:

as I just thought of the most affronted future HITB Jay voice "Nine'y years old??"

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I was expecting a meticulously detailed, frame by frame analysis of Wonder Woman 84 from the renowned film critics Red Lobster Media. What a bunch of HACK FRAUDS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Groovelord Neato posted:

Jay also brought up like they did that there were zero songs from the era.

https://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-1984-movie-soundtrack-songs/

"Voi Che Sapete" - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart is an 80's song i guess

luchajones fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jan 3, 2021