Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Peeled almonds in Coca cola is pretty good sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
What the gently caress

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

peanut chat

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Lambert posted:

What the gently caress

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Today I would like to talk to you about a very american drink, tomato juice.

There are of course various uses for it, the Caesar (mixed with clam juice), Micheleda (which is Mexican but :ssh:) and of course, the Bloody Mary.

But me, I just like to drink it. Sometimes I buy 100% tomato juice, but more often I get these tiny cans of V8. They're ~90% tomato, plus some random other vegetables.

I don't know why, but a tiny can of cold vegetable juice just hits the spot sometimes.

Most people only drink the stuff on airplanes for some reason:

I'm drinking a can of 100% tomato juice as I write this. It's good.

Well, thanks for listening.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

isn't a cold vegetable juice basically a gazpacho

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

isn't frozen milk basically ice cream

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

TheAardvark posted:

There are of course various uses for it, the Caesar (mixed with clam juice), Micheleda (which is Mexican but :ssh:) and of course, the Bloody Mary.

But me, I just like to drink it. Sometimes I buy 100% tomato juice, but more often I get these tiny cans of V8. They're ~90% tomato, plus some random other vegetables.

I don't know why, but a tiny can of cold vegetable juice just hits the spot sometimes.

Spicy V8 is good.

The reason people drink this on airplanes is because the oxygen flow/pressure in airplane cabins causes this to taste exceptionally well for some reason. There's actual science behind it that I've read and since forgotten.

Odd story about this, when I was pretty young, my grandparents flew me out to Oregon to visit family, and it was my first time on an airplane. When the stewardess came by to take drink orders I wanted to be 'adult' and so got this, not knowing the 'magic' behind air travel and tomato juice and was blown the gently caress away by how awesome it was. It wasn't until many years later that I learned about all that :) So it was just by chance I nailed air travel on my first go at it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress everyone who does anything stinky on an airplane. Don't spray perfume in an enclosed space and don't drink loving tomato juice six inches away from a stranger

I never see anyone drinking that poo poo anyplace else

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

The Bloop posted:

gently caress everyone who does anything stinky on an airplane. Don't spray perfume in an enclosed space and don't drink loving tomato juice six inches away from a stranger

Tomato juice isn't stinky. It's delicious. You have inferior olfactory receptors and your offense is noted and disregarded.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheAardvark posted:

Tomato juice isn't stinky. It's delicious. You have inferior olfactory receptors and your offense is noted and disregarded.

Stinky and delicious are not contradictory concepts

I wouldn't eat sardines on a bus

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

No I mean it literally ISN'T stinky. I have a glass of it over ice in front of me right now and had to stick my nose down INTO the glass to smell it. You're hosed up if you think this "stinks".

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
We're talking about tomato juice here, not canned fish. And it's in an unnaturally dry environment!

Frankly I think you have low willpower and poor general personal fortitude. You need to strive to survive in this world.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Like, you use tomato juice to REMOVE scent from animals. By it's nature it takes scent away from things.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Who doesn't always bring a can of Surströmming and some white bread with them to "snack on" on the plane?

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
Yeah, or how about some nice in-flight boiled peanuts?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Yeah, or how about some nice in-flight boiled peanuts?

one cup of boiled peanuts hold the nuts please

also can you take the peanuts out and give me the shells?

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

The Bloop posted:

what kind of weird tomato juice have you been drinking

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Enfys posted:

what kind of weird tomato juice have you been drinking

Maybe he only had clamato, which I have been assured is not only real, but actually good?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
On my next flight I'm gonna make a tuna sandwich at home and let it get real warm before I unwrap it on the plane. Smells are just a part of human life and I think suburbanites have been sheltered for too long. Grow up next to a farm bitch!!!! Or smell homeless piss on the way to school Big City Style.

In closing, Smells Are Beautiful.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Genius idea: Surströmming om a plane.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I'm about to eat some biscuits and gravy. I don't normally eat a big breakfast, usually I stick with a string cheese or maybe a hard boiled egg.

American breakfast takes a lot of different forms, but to me, there's nothing better than a plate of biscuits and gravy.

Sausage gravy, consisting of crumbed up breakfast sausage, generally flavored with Sage, a roux built using the fat from the sausage, some milk or cream, and a generous helping of fresh ground black pepper.

Biscuits vary from place to place, they can be craggy drop biscuits, or hard and hearty, or flaky and layered like a croissant. I grew up with my mom using the flaky kind, so that's what I use.

spooky ghost
Feb 11, 2020

Lipstick Apathy

Oh, man. I'm pretty sure that's Barnyard Flea Market.
It hasn't changed a bit.

From their website:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

TheAardvark posted:

I'm about to eat some biscuits and gravy. I don't normally eat a big breakfast, usually I stick with a string cheese or maybe a hard boiled egg.

American breakfast takes a lot of different forms, but to me, there's nothing better than a plate of biscuits and gravy.

Sausage gravy, consisting of crumbed up breakfast sausage, generally flavored with Sage, a roux built using the fat from the sausage, some milk or cream, and a generous helping of fresh ground black pepper.

Biscuits vary from place to place, they can be craggy drop biscuits, or hard and hearty, or flaky and layered like a croissant. I grew up with my mom using the flaky kind, so that's what I use.

Now THAT is biscuits and gravy, son.

I see them plates just drowning in a sea of slop? No sir. No. What you have here? That is the real deal and I will defend you to the death as you eat it in a wife beater and your favorite baseball hat. Amen and god bless this mess, sir.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I took this photo a couple years ago.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Tip posted:

IM AT SOUP

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Tip posted:

I'll have the hanger steak hold the pants :V

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
I try to imagine a time when this was legitimately appealing to travelers.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Can't believe u didn't link it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QBJaTtF7XI

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

TheAardvark posted:

This is very American because these are loaded with salt and the low sodium version is loaded with sugar. Its also stripped of fiber and highly processed. It's basically re-hydrated and reconstituted veggie scraps.

It's promoted as "two servings of veggies" which is like saying creamed spinach is also good for you.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Bonzo posted:

This is very American because these are loaded with salt and the low sodium version is loaded with sugar. Its also stripped of fiber and highly processed. It's basically re-hydrated and reconstituted veggie scraps.

It's promoted as "two servings of veggies" which is like saying creamed spinach is also good for you.

That's why it's so tasty fyi.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Tip posted:

There was a restaurant in my university town that started out as an Indian + Italian place, then it was Italian + pan-Asian, and when that still wasn't making enough money, they started offering alterations too. Their idea of "decorations" was "cover everything in satin," so it ended up looking like the inside of a coffin.

:rip:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Mr. Wiggles posted:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

TheAardvark posted:

hard and hearty [biscuits]
Or as I like to call them, mistakes. Or chewing gum bread.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Big Beef City posted:

Like, you use tomato juice to REMOVE scent from animals. By it's nature it takes scent away from things.

Like, do I just tip a bottle of pasata on my dog Stinky?

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

spooky ghost posted:

Oh, man. I'm pretty sure that's Barnyard Flea Market.
It hasn't changed a bit.

From their website:

Sure is, and that sign's not changed in years, seeing as I photographed it years ago on a potatophone and my friend took theirs recently

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I Shot The Serif posted:

If you ever take I-85 south through SC instead of I-95 (which is how you get to South of the Border), you'll see the giant Gaffney peach rear end water tower:

The badonkadonk water tower...

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Weka posted:

Like, do I just tip a bottle of pasata on my dog Stinky?

If your dog is sprayed by a skunk or (if you're in the country and rolls in liquid manure in a field), one of the most effective things you can do is get several of those large cans of tomato juice and douse them with it and work it in like shampoo, rinse and repeat and then bathe normally.

So yes, kinda.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I like the celery juice flavor in the v8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

If your dog is sprayed by a skunk

Have you ever actually tried this? Because it doesn't really work for poo poo.