Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

luchajones posted:

Don't listen to this! It was an amazing movie and should be watched monthly!

lies, all of it! It was terrible!!!! DO NOT WATCH

I actually watched it twice (second time a twitch watch party to see my friends' reactions) and even knowing the reveal I still couldn't understand how the movie was going to get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Aladdin??? Cmon , no way

It's true, all of it!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Groovelord Neato posted:

I actually watched it twice (second time a twitch watch party to see my friends' reactions) and even knowing the reveal I still couldn't understand how the movie was going to get there.

*reads summary*

what da gently caress

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

*reads summary*

what da gently caress

lol

It soon becomes apparent that Dill is a character in a computer game Patrick created

Ah yes of course. I think this is adapted from an Arthur Conan Doyle book.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

I watched the 2019 Matthew McConaughey film Serenity and I think it's the dumbest movie I've ever seen. Not sure how they got these big name or semi-famous actors to sign on to this.

The answer is chinese investors throwing around money trying to make a big american movie.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

luchajones posted:

Stupid heroes like WW and Superman should only be set in the 50's. They are too lame for the later decades.

They should also only stop bank robbers and teach kids not to smoke. The super villains are the real problem here.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

The Pandemic killing these $250 million movies owns. The only bad part is when everything opens up again and we get $500 million instead from here on out

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

*reads summary*

what da gently caress

One of my friends spoiled himself and was still typing "How does it get there from here" throughout our watch lol

The shame of it is you coulda had a decent thriller with the premise and the cast and it just shits the bed with an insane reveal that isn't really set up at all.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 3, 2021

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Communist Walrus posted:

I haven't watched the movie but if I had to guess, I'd say the 80s setting is the result of DC wanting to distance WW from the Superman/Justice League movie timeframe so when they do their "well we really bungled this, time to reboot it" Crisis movie, the WW movies can still be canon

I regret to inform them that the WW movie series might not be worth preserving to them anymore

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Groovelord Neato posted:

I watched the 2019 Matthew McConaughey film Serenity and I think it's the dumbest movie I've ever seen. Not sure how they got these big name or semi-famous actors to sign on to this.

Check out Tiptoes, it's a romantic drama streaming free on Prime right now starring Matthew Mcconaughey and Gary Oldman and it's unbelievable it was ever made.

If you've never heard of it you should just watch this trailer to be blown away by the twist:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O3qGGk5ymQ4

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Oh I know of Tiptoes. It gives it to you right off the bat - Serenity sneaks up on you.

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Tip posted:

Check out Tiptoes, it's a romantic drama streaming free on Prime right now starring Matthew Mcconaughey and Gary Oldman and it's unbelievable it was ever made.

If you've never heard of it you should just watch this trailer to be blown away by the twist:
:stare: jesus christ

Pulchritudinous
May 19, 2005
It means "to reduce by one-tenth."

Tip posted:

I own it. It was worth every penny.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

AHH F/UGH posted:

The Pandemic killing these $250 million movies owns. The only bad part is when everything opens up again and we get $500 million instead from here on out
There's a billion dollars worth of Avatar sequels on the way, so yeah.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Pulchritudinous posted:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what da gently caress

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

FlamingLiberal posted:

They are the only hope movies theaters have of surviving

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Pulchritudinous posted:

lol that is A+ disc art.

Pulchritudinous
May 19, 2005
It means "to reduce by one-tenth."

:riker:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Ultra Carp

Gripweed posted:

Chapo Trap House did an entire episode reviewing the movie and I just found out from the RLM review that the bad guy was Maxwell Lord. The Chapos didn't once use the character's name

tbf the chapos never use each others names. I can't tell who any of them are except amber

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Ultra Carp

FlamingLiberal posted:

Who on earth finished watching avatar and wanted a sequel?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Vim Fuego posted:

James Cameron.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Victis posted:

They’re going to be introduced to stuff by their parents, but I can guarantee no one is going to remember WW84 fondly

My kid liked that she has the powers of Spider-Man

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i tried to watch ww84 and stopped when i realized that kristen wiig was playing the same character she played in female ghostbusters.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Wiig got better when she dropped that act. But then got worse after she turned into a cat.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Tip posted:

Watching this is making realize that even though Peter Dinklage had a huge breakout role recently, I really haven't seen little people in movies and tv shows nearly as much. The last one I can think of was Clark Middleton in Twin Peaks. The 90s and early 2000s seemed to have them around way more often.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh yeah I finally watched the Deadwood movie and it was very good except that it should have been a three hour epic* instead of a standard-length movie, everything felt very condensed for how many characters it brought back.

*Well, you know, that or a full season.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

John Wick of Dogs posted:

He wasn't supposed to be, but he was. Lol his first line being like "I'm not sure how I got here or what I was doing"

He looked like a lumpy offbrand Reagan too.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Vim Fuego posted:

do you not remember the news stories about people who got a new form of depression because they wanted to live in that movie?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Cubone posted:

do you not remember the news stories about people who got a new form of depression because they wanted to live in that movie?

Literally no one remembers anything about Avatar.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

perfect! they can re-release it

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Avatar came out 11 years ago, we're ready for a soft reboot.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I'm trying to think about why people would want to live in that world, like wasn't there a war or something

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

CODChimera posted:

I'm trying to think about why people would want to live in that world, like wasn't there a war or something

looking for Curly's gold

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

lol

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

CODChimera posted:

Pandora is an infinitely sustainable magical wonderland where the internet grows on trees and when you die you can live on forever in the cloud, and it's also badass enough to kick the asses of the colonialists trying to ravage it in the name of keeping their lovely capitalist hellscape going another couple centuries.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

CODChimera posted:

That’s the whole thing with longing for a simpler pre-technological life. People didn’t live lives of idyllic harmony with nature. They lived in their own filth, constantly struggled to stave off starvation, died horrible deaths at young ages from what are now easily preventable disease, and endured excruciatingly painful and dangerous childbirths.

Pandora is a just a complete fabrication where all of these endemic problems are just magiced away or ignored completely.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

colonelwest posted:

They lived in their own filth, constantly struggled to stave off starvation, died horrible deaths at young ages from what are now easily preventable disease, and endured excruciatingly painful and dangerous childbirths.

Yeah, I hate Mondays too.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

colonelwest posted:

That’s the whole thing with longing for a simpler pre-technological life. People didn’t live lives of idyllic harmony with nature. They lived in their own filth, constantly struggled to stave off starvation, died horrible deaths at young ages from what are now easily preventable disease, and endured excruciatingly painful and dangerous childbirths.

Pandora is a just a complete fabrication where all of these endemic problems are just magiced away or ignored completely.

"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as i slowly drown in a rising tide of boiling sea water and microplastics

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
[world's most impossibly smug voice] "You call this progress?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

People just wanted to gently caress the blue creatures.