Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

As someone who was forced to go hungry for hours because letting grab a snack would ruin my parent's drunk partying, bean dad can jump off a bridge.

Can't wait for his posts in estranged parent forums in 10 years lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Mak0rz posted:

Edit: requisite post history content

Genuine question, what is she actually complaining about here?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Patrick Spens posted:

Genuine question, what is she actually complaining about here?

my guess is: smelling bad, like unto burnt human remains

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

alright, this roderick guy seems not great, that's my take

https://twitter.com/johnroderick/status/332997057260449793

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

There's going to be a real hole in my life without access to the very special thoughts and ideas of #16 of Philly's 76 Most Influential People of 2020

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Pastry of the Year posted:

There's going to be a real hole in my life without access to the very special thoughts and ideas of #16 of Philly's 76 Most Influential People of 2020

So apparently I'm following this person and can see the private tweets. FWIW (which isn't much) she's saying she's sorry for saying ugly things in the past.

Is this a goon or former goon? I followed a bunch of goons like two years ago but I don't really use it much or know who I've followed.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Not idiots (well, not in this specific instance anyway), but an update:

https://twitter.com/MBMBaM/status/1345853609175560193?s=19

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
That escalated quickly.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Filthy Haiku posted:

Not sure if there were underaged but they worked with Nick Robinson at polygon and some side podcasts before it was revealed that he was a huge sex pest. Between him, their friendship with Lin-Manuel Miranda and now the guy who does their theme song has revealed himself as bean dad (who also uses a shitton of slurs) the McElroys keep finding extremely lovely people entering their orbit.

To their credit; they've never done anything hyper-lovely themselves but it's troubling.

just the guy who does the show's theme song.

Did Lin-Manuel Miranda do something heinous? I know he’s a lovely rich #resistance lib but they’re a dime a dozen sadly.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/kenjennings/status/1345831929266855936?s=21

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
https://twitter.com/sbliss89/status/1345833745597784068

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

drat these wagons are circled as gently caress. Not all men, y’all.

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Is it still all pillows, underwear, and razor blades?

I mean, that's a majority of all the podcast ads. Your only options are:
1) Pillows and Matresses
2) Underwear and socks
3) Men's grooming
4) Meal Kits
5) (Optional) specific niche item based on your podcast topic (Barkbox, Simplisafe, etc)

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

Doc Hawkins posted:

alright, this roderick guy seems not great, that's my take

https://twitter.com/johnroderick/status/332997057260449793

Holy poo poo, how did that go unnoticed for so long?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Grunch Worldflower posted:

I mean, that's a majority of all the podcast ads. Your only options are:
1) Pillows and Matresses
2) Underwear and socks
3) Men's grooming
4) Meal Kits
5) (Optional) specific niche item based on your podcast topic (Barkbox, Simplisafe, etc)

My goon, have you heard about Audible?

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'd like to talk to you about a little something called Squarespace

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
If bean dad was just a normal dickhead instead of a white supremacist dickhead this whole thing would have been an amusing moment in demonstrating how lovely parenting isn't really that different now than it was in the post war era

I only listen to ru Paul's podcast and aside from all these products you mention the main sponsor is 'squatty potty' which to be fair is a product most people should figure out how to replicate for free using household items instead of buying a loving special toilet foot stool

Jezza of OZPOS has a new favorite as of 23:32 on Jan 3, 2021

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Daktar posted:

Holy poo poo, how did that go unnoticed for so long?

Because twitter has a search function about as bad as Something Awful.

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I think I've heard so many Audible ads they just slide of my brain like so much white noise.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Okay fine, I could buy it that this guy exaggerated a 5-minute "teachable moment" into six hours of child neglect for Internet clout.

But what about the antisemitism and stuff, Ken?

Josef bugman posted:

Because twitter has a search function about as bad as Something Awful.

Lol yeah I often try searching for old tweets using their interface and correct syntax and stuff and turn up empty handed, just to put the exact same string into Google and have it appear on top

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Mak0rz posted:

Okay fine, I could buy it that this guy exaggerated a 5-minute "teachable moment" into six hours of child neglect for Internet clout.

But what about the antisemitism and stuff, Ken?

Lol yeah I often try searching for old tweets using their interface and correct syntax and stuff and turn up empty handed, just to put the exact same string into Google and have it appear on top

https://twitter.com/kenjennings/status/1345844518415814657?s=21

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lmao. Jesus Christ

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

He’s not that bad because he’s my guy! I know him!

Is literally what they claim to be against.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
White supremacists are frequently pro-Israel/zionism.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Ken has done something never done before. He will steal the main character for himself

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I rather like John Roderick and Ken Jenning's podcast Omnibus. But I don't really read twitter and don't know much about John outside of that podcast.

Sucks, but I'm unsubscribing from it. gently caress off John.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Daktar posted:

I'd like to talk to you about a little something called Squarespace

2020 has been hard, good thing Better Help is here for you

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
In case anyone was wondering the context of that racist tweet, this is the beginning of the ramblings:

https://twitter.com/johnroderick/status/332971115335020544

Looks like the woman he was replying to changed her account name, but 5 seconds of google stalking reveals that she's a pretty liberal. I'd like to think that it was a sarcastic conversation, but he seems like an asshat no matter what.

e: he literally deleted the account while I was posting. See screenshots below.

hyperhazard has a new favorite as of 23:55 on Jan 3, 2021

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

bean dad's twitter account is no more, something that happens when you definitely know you were in the right and have nothing to hide

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
actual lol if Ken Jennings loses the Jeopardy hosting gig to Bean Dad discourse.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

This is not specifically about Anti Semetic Bean Dad, but can also be related to his case.

It is amazing to me that so much of this twitter/social media etc. drama could be avoided if the main characters just said "Whoops, I said something stupid/wrong/offensive. I understand why you are mad at me, and I'm sorry I did that. I'll try not to do it in the future."

I mean it wouldn't absolve them of their crimes, depending on how egregious the twitter crime was, but it would go a long way. It would also show that you are a mature adult prepared to admit wrongdoing and atone for it.

Instead these self important fuckknobs double down and keep digging a hole for themselves, and end up showing themselves to be worse people than the initial incident implied.

How hard is it for these people to just apologize sincerely? I mean, if you didn't intend the offence, (and lets be very generous and say that you didn't know it would be offensive), at the very least you know you made someone else feel bad. So say sorry like a grown up and don't do it again.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is not specifically about Anti Semetic Bean Dad, but can also be related to his case.

It is amazing to me that so much of this twitter/social media etc. drama could be avoided if the main characters just said "Whoops, I said something stupid/wrong/offensive. I understand why you are mad at me, and I'm sorry I did that. I'll try not to do it in the future."

I mean it wouldn't absolve them of their crimes, depending on how egregious the twitter crime was, but it would go a long way. It would also show that you are a mature adult prepared to admit wrongdoing and atone for it.

Instead these self important fuckknobs double down and keep digging a hole for themselves, and end up showing themselves to be worse people than the initial incident implied.

How hard is it for these people to just apologize sincerely? I mean, if you didn't intend the offence, (and lets be very generous and say that you didn't know it would be offensive), at the very least you know you made someone else feel bad. So say sorry like a grown up and don't do it again.

it's very difficult to apologize when you're a gigantic stupid rear end in a top hat, hth

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You don't get the blue tick by believing you might be capable of being wrong.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Shneak posted:

actual lol if Ken Jennings loses the Jeopardy hosting gig to Bean Dad discourse.

I hope so. Then LeVar Burton's chances get better.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Turns out it's not a departure

OptimusShr posted:

I hope so. Then LeVar Burton's chances get better.

I don't know who first suggested him, but God bless them. I never would've thought of him but he would be perfect for Jeopardy.

grittyreboot has a new favorite as of 00:09 on Jan 4, 2021

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Bean Dad has deleted his account

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

BrigadierSensible posted:

While I agree with what others have said, Twitter also doesn't reward assholes for apologizing. At most, you'll get a bunch of replies telling you that it's too little too late, or that you're not sincere. Or people retweeting you to make fun of the fact that you apologized.

If assholes are going to be criticized no matter what they do, most of them will choose to double down.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I bet he blames his kid for all this.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

well i was about 40 episodes into Omnibus and bean dad always seemed to be the normal, sensitive one compared to Ken Jennings. That’s one podcast ruined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I bet he’s thinking bout those beans right now.