Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bon Clay was cool from the moment he was on the Straw Hats' ship and doing impressions for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
See, weirdly enough I don't -hate- Big Mom. She's a fantastic villain though. Both her and Kaido have felt near-unstoppable the entire story.

It may just be because though you have the Celestial Dragons in the background absorbing all my hate. Those guys I can't wait to see fall from grace.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

oddium posted:

the Hot Characters of the Day by region are v interesting
Usopp being #1 in Africa was nice

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I have enough burning hatred to go around to all of those bastards.

edit: the Celestial Dragons, Big Mom, etc, not our heroes

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

Zakutambah posted:

See, weirdly enough I don't -hate- Big Mom. She's a fantastic villain though. Both her and Kaido have felt near-unstoppable the entire story.

It may just be because though you have the Celestial Dragons in the background absorbing all my hate. Those guys I can't wait to see fall from grace.

honestly big mom other than the chance of randomly being eaten alive seems like the best yonko to live under if you're a normal person.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I don't hate either Kaido or Big Mom, Both of them are complex characters with a lot of depth.

Totally onboard MOST celestial dragons getting a good solid punching.

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
Speaking of villains, Queen has to be one of the best Oda has introduced. He's such a sadistic son of a bitch, his over the top reactions are hilarious, and he turns into a brachiosaurus. It's all gold.

I know King is meant to be the "strongest" of the Lead Performers, but Queen really does just steal the whole show right now.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

Julias posted:

Also, the worldwide popularity poll to vote for your favorite One Piece character is now live: https://onepiecewt100.com/en/vote

lol i voted on multiple devices. guess thats why mail in votes are worth 100 points

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

AtomikKrab posted:

I don't hate either Kaido or Big Mom, Both of them are complex characters with a lot of depth.

Totally onboard MOST celestial dragons getting a good solid punching.

uhh kaido literally took over a country and turned its citizens into slaves. he outright is loving evil.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Zakutambah posted:

Speaking of villains, Queen has to be one of the best Oda has introduced. He's such a sadistic son of a bitch, his over the top reactions are hilarious, and he turns into a brachiosaurus. It's all gold.

I know King is meant to be the "strongest" of the Lead Performers, but Queen really does just steal the whole show right now.

Agreed - and I love how he's kind of a parody of Heart from Fist of the North Star as well

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Also, since I'm a manga reader and not a watcher of the anime (except a couple movies) I think I want to watch the Thriller Bark arc to see what it's like compared to my inner head voices etc.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I think it's time for Luffy to beat Kaido and Big Mom right now so both of them can star in the next cover arc story.

LunarCress
Feb 7, 2015

Jose posted:

seems pretty obvious to me that its pirate king, an idea that didn't exist before roger

A) Why would Oda deliberately hide this, and then point out the fact that he's hiding something.

B) Roger mostly seems to think it's funny that people started calling him the pirate king after he reached laugh tale, which doesn't really fit if it was his ultimate goal all along.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I don't want Big Mom to die. Not because I think she does or doesn't deserve it, but because she's a really, really fun character and I'd love to have her around as long as possible.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Big Mom kicks rear end. "You're lying to me, the cake has to be on this ship. Otherwise I'm going to have to kill my son with my own hands".

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Blackbeard and Shanks arcs since Oda's outdone himself with the two Yonkou we have here.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

guessing the "final arc" is like dressrosa -> wano

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Thoughts on the Shokugeki no Sanji chapter? I really loved it. Made Sanji look cool again.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I can vote for Crocodile, Usopp, AND Jinbe? What a world we live in. Maybe I'll throw in a Doflamingo and Kikunojo or even Brooke. Wait, there's too many characters in this series I think are the best.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Cat Machine posted:

They’re on a floating rock that’s about to be dropped onto the capital of Wano. Nowhere to go now!

Aside from the vast amount of land between Onigashima and the capital, you mean?

Philosopher King posted:

Pieces don't fit and it's very Oda to misdirect something in plain sight. Why isn't she holding the exposed side up clearly like he is?

*He

You're overthinking this. Ace just made it and gave a piece to Yamato. Look at the size of the paper relative to their hands.

Bleck posted:

Reminder; Onigashima is not on the Wano mainland. Right now, they're floating over the ocean.

All of the possibilities here would involve DF users jumping into the ocean, or trying to fly away from Kaido and Big Mom.

Last we saw, yes... but they're likely quite close to land, or will be if they do need to evacuate.

Even if they had to jump into the ocean, it's likely Law's crew are following the island. Plus Jinbei is a very good swimmer and can call up whale shark friends in situations like that!

On a related note, I wonder what happened to the Sunny and the other ships? I forget if they were left docked at Onigashima's port or if some people stayed with them, keeping them out of sight nearby.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

I can't believe I missed Queen's extendo-neck on my first read through.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Mulderman posted:

Thoughts on the Shokugeki no Sanji chapter? I really loved it. Made Sanji look cool again.

I enjoyed it!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

euphemism posted:

uhh kaido literally took over a country and turned its citizens into slaves. he outright is loving evil.

Kaido's interesting in how blasé his evil is. Like he does not seem sadistic, or cruel like a lot of his subordinates, but he is utterly uncaring about the lives of others and how has no interest in how his actions cause suffering to other people.

Take when he talked with Big Mom last chapter. Stating he was going to put Onigashima on top of the Flower Capital cause it would look cool. Big Mom saying that there are ton of people there right now cause they are having a celebration. Kaido was pretty much like "I don't care we can always get more."

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Still waiting on/expecting the the Kaido flashback where we get whatever his tragic deal is.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Bleck posted:

Still waiting on/expecting the the Kaido flashback where we get whatever his tragic deal is.

We already saw the tragedy he suffered when he learned he wouldn't be able to get Ace to join the Lead Performers.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bleck posted:

It's gonna be a single page of Kaido going "I'm bored"

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Zakutambah posted:

I'm just waiting for King to reveal what an utter weirdo he is under that competent, intimidating shell. At the moment, he's just the Katakuri-esque setup to a punchline.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

There's going to be some interesting drama with regards to the Rocks Pirates defeat. I still want to see under what context Big Mom gave him the fish-fish fruit, and how that saved him. I half imagine she didn't even know its potential and thought she was loving him over before he unlocked its true power. If he wasn't invincible before his fruit, maybe he wasn't bored either. Maybe he enjoyed his defeat at the hands of Roger and Garp and is looking to recapture that excitement.

There's a lot of potential for an interesting backstory there, very different from the bored all-powerful warlord we see today.

Also, I'll be voting Mr 2 every day I remember to on that WT100 site. Maybe Robin, Ussop and Brook every now and then, too. I like that you can vote every day. Lets you express the intensity of how much a particular character is your favorite, and kind of split your vote since there are so many good characters to chose from.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Mulderman posted:

I really liked it. Great art, great expansion of characters, and simply really a lot of fun.

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/1345903580092403713

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

the fish fruit was given to kaido either as an attempt to troll/gently caress him over, or because he even back then was bored and wanted a challenge and accepted it from big mom. either way, he clearly awakened the zoan fruit which is what caused the dragon transformation and has gained so much power that now hes even more bored an disconnected from humanity than ever before

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
I’m betting it was a troll. I’m betting that the Fish Fish fruit had been known as a bad joke fruit; people know it has the potential to let you turn into an all powerful dragon, but only after you swim up a waterfall as a fish. And since it’s a devil fruit, you sink like a hammer, even though you’re a fish.

I can see that being how it works, and if that’s the case, then this fruit could have a whole history of people trying to become a dragon only to starve to death as a fish at the bottom of the sea.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

ThingOne posted:

I can't believe I missed Queen's extendo-neck on my first read through.

His human robo-arm becomes a dino robo-leg too. Pretty cool that cyborg modifications transfer over to Zoan forms, which I don't think we've seen before

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

And it raises no questions whatsoever.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

"he's called Queen and he's a giant fat guy who's part robot and he turns into a dinosaur and he has two swords and a machine gun that shoots viruses that turn people into ice demons and when he's a dinosaur he has another machine gun inside his mouth and a robot neck"

it says volumes about Oda's skill that he can make utter childish nonsense so captivating

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Not enough speculation on Oda's note on entering the final arc. Do we think we have 2 or 3 more 'sections' left?

Or just one? Could every coalesce in a bum rush towards Laugh Tale. Hope there's still another island (Eblaf!) to hit up before the grand finale.

Also can't help but wonder what sort of epilogue we'll get. Chapter per strawhat? Or just a cheers and farewell?

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

"near the final arc" is a pretty worthless unit of measurement. considering how long the series is, "near the final arc" could mean an interlude or two and then the final arc, or it could mean another 6 years and 2 full size arcs until the final one. there's no point trying to read those tea leaves

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

The World Inferno posted:

Not enough speculation on Oda's note on entering the final arc. Do we think we have 2 or 3 more 'sections' left?

Or just one? Could every coalesce in a bum rush towards Laugh Tale. Hope there's still another island (Eblaf!) to hit up before the grand finale.

Also can't help but wonder what sort of epilogue we'll get. Chapter per strawhat? Or just a cheers and farewell?

He probably means what people usually call a "Saga" rather than an arc. Note that Yonkou Saga started with Zou and has currently been going for 5 years.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Wachter posted:

"he's called Queen and he's a giant fat guy who's part robot and he turns into a dinosaur and he has two swords and a machine gun that shoots viruses that turn people into ice demons and when he's a dinosaur he has another machine gun inside his mouth and a robot neck"

it says volumes about Oda's skill that he can make utter childish nonsense so captivating

I loving love that you can faithfully describe a number of One Piece characters and someone who’s not caught up or familiar with it won’t ever know whether or not you’re taking the piss.

“Oh yeah there’s a Gumby man who looks kind of like Usopp and he eats the Ox Ox Fruit: Model Giraffe to become a weregiraffe and uses his new giraffe neck to launch Guile Street Fighter sonic booms that he learned in his training as a Navy secret agent. And he shoves his neck into his body to make the rest of his limbs longer, and he talks like he’s from the 1940’s.”

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Last Celebration posted:

“Oh yeah there’s a Gumby man who looks kind of like Usopp and he eats the Ox Ox Fruit: Model Giraffe to become a weregiraffe and uses his new giraffe neck to launch Guile Street Fighter sonic booms that he learned in his training as a Navy secret agent. And he shoves his neck into his body to make the rest of his limbs longer, and he talks like he’s from the 1940’s.”

"and and AND he uses the 4 sword style which is one more than Zoro because his kicks are so strong that his legs are swords"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
"no no, not the guy who's legs are actually swords, that's a different guy. He has a ship's wheel embedded in his skull and has been living on a zoo island for 20 years to make animals fight to make the world's strongest animals to take over the world. "