Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The Coolest Wrestler with the Coolest Move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Oh my GOD

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ah, Miyu didn't really win

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Great match

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
holy gently caress

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
This was just two bursts of violence meeting each other in the middle.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
And I mean that in the best possible way

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
I wish Itoh would use way less headbutt based offense

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

im gona be thinking about that match for months, holy gently caress.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
:toot: E I E I O

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Old MacDonald hell yeah

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

BOTCH

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

smikey posted:

I wish Itoh would use way less headbutt based offense

I feel like they're mostly worked, at least the one where she holds her opponent's head (can stick her thumb in between on impact), but I do get anxiety with headbutts in general since Sakura Genesis 2017

smikey
May 22, 2004
c'mon ref, belt is upside down

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Lily Catts posted:

I feel like they're mostly worked, at least the one where she holds her opponent's head (can stick her thumb in between on impact), but I do get anxiety with headbutts in general since Sakura Genesis 2017

the one that miyu did is def the outlier, most of her headbutts aside from the diving one are pretty safe yeah.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I dig Nodoka's increasingly wilder mullet. Like she looked at Takumi Iroha and went "holy poo poo, YES" but realized she couldn't kick anyone

smikey
May 22, 2004
I think this is the only show I watch where whatever sound mix catches the low, bassy THUDS on strikes, most shows seem to catch the high notes of the slapping sounds, but no lows

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

TJPW's ring mics are the absolute best part of their production. They capture all of the incidental yapping everyone does as well

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Neodoomium posted:

TJPW's ring mics are the absolute best part of their production. They capture all of the incidental yapping everyone does as well

it's paticularly good when mizuki, yuka or itoh are wrestling since they really never shut up.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

This show is a real good show.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
holy gently caress that catch for the bulldog

smikey
May 22, 2004
there looked like zero help on that backdrop

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

ItohRespectArmy posted:

it's paticularly good when mizuki, yuka or itoh are wrestling since they really never shut up.

If Mei Suruga and not Mei Saint-Michel was working TJPW, she'd be part of that crew for sure

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I suspect that this upcoming match is going to rule. Just a gut feeling.

smikey
May 22, 2004
Yuka in non-genie pants is real weird to see

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It's time to see if Rika can weather The Storm that is Yuka Sakazaki.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I've missed hearing

YAAYAYAYAYAYAYA

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Other than the ayayayayays, my favorite thing about Yuka's theme is that they absolutely crank the in-house bass for it

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It's time for Big Match Yuka.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Remember when Yuka debuted the springboard 450 against Yuki Aino and Miyu flipped the gently caress out on commentary

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

So loud, so Yuka

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The English commentary for this show has been fantastic. Everyone is super knowledgeable of the history and storylines, Brookes has fit right in, and they have referenced a wrestling world outside of TJPW. It makes everyone in the promotion look like stars.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Neodoomium posted:

The English commentary for this show has been fantastic. Everyone is super knowledgeable of the history and storylines, Brookes has fit right in, and they have referenced a wrestling world outside of TJPW. It makes everyone in the promotion look like stars.

:yeah:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah, I'm glad, because I was a bit wary when they said there'd be commentary.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Always enjoy a smooth transistion into the calf crusher

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Capping the three amigos with a brainbuster is rad

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

they even handled shoko vs hyper misao well, very impressive debut by them.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Oh god Yuka has decided to just straight murder Rika.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

my god this match owns so hard.