Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

mallratcal posted:

gently caress. I don't even remember her being in the movie.

At least this time Cameron actually cast a Latina in the role...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
sigourney weaver died too and the guy who did like, a mech knife fight or something? and probably a bunch of nameless goons. did the corporate boss guy die I don't remember

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Stephen Lang is cool, he was in both Manhunter (as flaming wheelchair man) and Tombstone as Ike Clanton. Two of my all-time favourite films!

Apparently he is back for the Avatar sequels but, didn’t his character die? Laff who cares

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

jsoh posted:

sigourney weaver died too and the guy who did like, a mech knife fight or something? and probably a bunch of nameless goons. did the corporate boss guy die I don't remember

we all died a little watching this movie

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
cameron making a movie with michelle rodriguez is like tim burton making a movie with christina ricci
it feels like it must have happened 100,000 times but it actually happened exactly once in a movie no one remembers

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Jackass 3D had better 3D and was an objectively better movie.

Please remain silent for the duration of the thread.

A:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q5DkiHxuEM

B: They should've made a sequel while the jackass guys were in their 40s and called it jackass 40

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

jsoh posted:

*mobster voice* Giovanni RIBISI

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Vim Fuego posted:

A:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q5DkiHxuEM

B: They should've made a sequel while the jackass guys were in their 40s and called it jackass 40

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackass_4

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

priznat posted:

Stephen Lang is cool, he was in both Manhunter (as flaming wheelchair man) and Tombstone as Ike Clanton. Two of my all-time favourite films!

Apparently he is back for the Avatar sequels but, didn’t his character die? Laff who cares

I loved him in terra nova, might have to watch those two as well

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

quote:

Filming commenced on December 14, 2020.[3] On December 15, 2020, Johnny Knoxville and Steve-O were hospitalized due to on-set injuries.

jackass 4: dad bods

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Cubone posted:

cameron making a movie with michelle rodriguez is like tim burton making a movie with christina ricci
it feels like it must have happened 100,000 times but it actually happened exactly once in a movie no one remembers

Yeah you’d think Christina Rocci would be a given for his regular stable of actors, but Helena Bonham Carter became his muse.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

I like how they lasted almost 24 hours before they old asses got injured.

Wikipedia posted:

Filming
Filming commenced on December 14, 2020.[3] On December 15, 2020, Johnny Knoxville and Steve-O were hospitalized due to on-set injuries.[4][5]

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I'm really trying to remember this movie.

What I remember is Jake Sullenberger? is in a wheelchair after crashing his plane into the Hudson River. So he gets sent to space to be the guinea pig of the Avatar Program, and be the negotiator/ambassador for Earth, so they can strip-mine the planet of it's unobtanium, that happens to lay under the blue cat peoples home/giant tree. Sigourney Weaver is a scientist? Giovanni Ribisi is the evil exec.

Jake is uploaded into a blue cat person body and gains acceptance into the catperson tribe.

Old man military guy decides talking is for pussies and uses gunboat diplomacy, and blows up most of the tree.

Jake loses the trust of the cat people so he fucks a dragon?

Power loader fight between old military man and Jake.

Cat people win and the humans get kicked off the planet and now Jake is fully a blue cat person.

DJ Qualls is in the movie?

I feel like I nailed it.

Edit: Might not have been Jake, could have been Jack.

mallratcal fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jan 4, 2021

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

If that isnt a fever dream I'm checking it out

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
DJ qualls is in avatar? hahaha

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

mallratcal posted:

This felt right, I could see him sitting at a computer at the military base spouting technobabble, but it doesn't appear to be true.

We're probably just thinking of the cinematic masterpiece The Core.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

are they cats? I thought they were like lizards or something?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Tip posted:

This felt right, I could see him sitting at a computer at the military base spouting technobabble, but it doesn't appear to be true.

The core is as good as it ever was. It stands up to a rewatch (drink before and while warching) unlike avatar

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Tip posted:

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe?

I'm certain Jake has a human friend that feeds him information and all I can picture is Qualls.

Edit: Yes, The Core is a dumb fun movie.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I hope the avatar movies go nuts and just eventually have the blue cat people invading earth

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

mallratcal posted:

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe?

I'm certain Jake has a human friend that feeds him information and all I can picture is Qualls.

Edit: Yes, The Core is a dumb fun movie.

He also plays that role in Z-Nation. If you need a guy to talk in a headset to people and feed them exposition you gotta get the Qualls.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

mallratcal posted:

you're thinking of Joel David Moore

Cubone
May 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38HCiKJRbuQ

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Tip posted:

He also plays that role in Z-Nation. If you need a guy to talk in a headset to people and feed them exposition you gotta get the Qualls.

Dude was born for that roll.

Cubone posted:

you're thinking of Joel David Moore

Thank you. I was kind of close.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Jackass 2 was great to see in a packed theater. The giant hand high five had the whole place crying.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jackass 3D was the best and only justified use of 3D cinema. It was legitimately one of the best cinema experiences I've had in my life.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

steinrokkan posted:

Avatar loving owned, Cameron basically invented a whole new way of making 3D movies that blew everything else out of the water, and nobody's been able to emulate it since despite trillion dollar budgets, lol.

Also as certain podcast said, it was the one time in American history the American audiences stood up and cheered as the movie showed them Vietcong brutally eviscerating US troops.

Uh return of the Jedi

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7CtTo88QOI

Here is the podcast for reference.
Chapo once again.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Who/what the gently caress is chapo and why is it being talked about in the RLM thread?

BAN THIS SICK FILTH AND THE JENNY/LINDSAY TRASH TOO!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

luchajones posted:

Who/what the gently caress is chapo and why is it being talked about in the RLM thread?

agreeing with josh on this one

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

chapo has given up on politics and only talk about movies now plus matt christman mentioned rlm in one of his youtube rants

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
If Chapo is a podcast then why aren't they constantly talking about Star Wars and getting into fights with "Tek War's" Bill Shatner?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Crapo, imo

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

mallratcal posted:

Did human soldiers die in Avatar? Like most people I have almost no memory of the movie. I remember humans being getting kicked off the planet at then end, after the old guy from Don't Breathe lost a power loader fight.

Jake Scully starts shooting them in the face like 2 hours into it.

Even after watching him convert to blue cat people's side for 2 hours, it's still like "holy poo poo he's shooting people in the face"

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

PostNouveau posted:

Jake Scully starts shooting them in the face like 2 hours into it.

Even after watching him convert to blue cat people's side for 2 hours, it's still like "holy poo poo he's shooting people in the face"

Also you spend so much time with the humans and the na'vi separate so you kind of forget the size difference between them and then when they finally fight suddenly you realize that the arrows they're shooting are ballista sized and you're watching entire helicopters get skewered and a single na'vi destroy a ship full of dudes, it rules.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

luchajones posted:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
my dick would seem so small if I ever hosed a blue catalien. Would be so underwhelming

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I think the left is expanding into movie/gaming shows. I stumbled upon Hasan Piker twitch steam by aciddent. He is basically a woke radio host that does politicial commentary in the afternoon (AM radio) and plays game in the evening (FM radio) for 11 hours everyday. His target audience probably have never heard of AM radio.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

stephenthinkpad posted:

I think the left is expanding into movie/gaming shows. I stumbled upon Hasan Piker twitch steam by aciddent. He is basically a woke radio host that does politicial commentary in the afternoon (AM radio) and plays game in the evening (FM radio) for 11 hours everyday. His target audience probably have never heard of AM radio.

sounds awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

stephenthinkpad posted:

I can't tell if it's easier to get an audience or it's just easier to produce content, but it seems like everyone eventually goes "What if I just streamed games?"