Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1346173738501492736

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
MSU is favored over Rutgers, so we'll soon get real time feedback.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Tuesday's Purdue @ Nebraska game is postponed, 2nd conference game to be pushed back after Wisconsin / Penn St was postponed Sunday.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Completely forgot there was an MSU game on last night. Holding your opponent to 45 points seems like a pretty good way to win!

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Michigan is really good.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Regnevelc posted:

Michigan is really good.

Pfft, they're only up 6 at the half at home. Sure, Minnesota is ranked, but whatever.

Correction:

The lead is now 32 and there's still 3+ minutes left. Yikes.

joshsboringlife
Apr 21, 2011

All I did was offer to kill your dog and the next thing I know I am being judged.
Just finished watching the replay after getting home from work. loving GO BLUE!!!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

PotatoJudge posted:

Correction:

The lead is now 32 and there's still 3+ minutes left. Yikes.

College basketball fans in Michigan basically have two questions:

1) how bad is Duke? (about MSU)
2) how good is Oakland? (about Michigan)

Hunter Dickenson bailed Michigan out of that Oakland game, and ever since, it's like they've unlocked a murder machine. If Hunter's quiet before halftime, the other team adjusts to guard the perimeter and oops Hunter scores 20. If they adjust to double hunter oops some other dude scores 20. Then it's like "wait wtf how'd they get up by 20 so quick?"

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

facialimpediment posted:

College basketball fans in Michigan basically have two questions:

1) how bad is Duke? (about MSU)
2) how good is Oakland? (about Michigan)

Hunter Dickenson bailed Michigan out of that Oakland game, and ever since, it's like they've unlocked a murder machine. If Hunter's quiet before halftime, the other team adjusts to guard the perimeter and oops Hunter scores 20. If they adjust to double hunter oops some other dude scores 20. Then it's like "wait wtf how'd they get up by 20 so quick?"

Michigan has 6 guys that could carry the team on any given night.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Keegan Murray per 40: 18 points, 11.8 rebounds, 3.8 steals, 3.3 blocks, 54/44/78 shooting splits.

One of the best freshmen in the conference, he's basically Aaron White with a jumper. Coaching malpractice that he is not playing starter minutes, there's no excuse for ever putting Garza and Nunge on the floor at the same time when he exists. This is going to drive me insane all year.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mizzou paused basketball activities because of COVID. What the gently caress is going on in Starkville?

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Sparty bad.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Sharife reportedly cleared, playing tomorrow against Bama.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Sharife reportedly cleared, playing tomorrow against Bama.

gently caress yeah

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
MSU broke Rutgers. This is not the same team we saw through the Iowa game.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kim Jong Il posted:

MSU broke Rutgers. This is not the same team we saw through the Iowa game.

Those 2 fouls against Johnson in the first OSU game did it. They blew the Iowa game at the line and then 2 horrific games in a row. Crisis time.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky's back, y'all! 76-58 win over Florida and it really wasn't that close. Keion Brooks, the only returner with minutes from last year, played his first game of the year after being out with a calf injury, and I don't know if it was solely his presence that made the difference but he certainly made an impact on the game.

Obviously still a lot of work to do to make the tournament but that looked like a completely different team tonight.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/HeatCheckCBB/status/1348120865494368259?s=19

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Some highlights of Sharife's debut
https://twitter.com/orangeanddrew/status/1348188335244763136
https://twitter.com/orangeanddrew/status/1348189088436924418
https://twitter.com/orangeanddrew/status/1348200323840696320

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Michigan is on a 41-6 run vs Wisconsin.

Wisconsin is the #9 team in the country.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Reports of Kentucky being back may have been premature and overexagerated. Alabama was 14-30 from 3. Kentucky had 19 turnovers. Those are the only stats you need to know.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

michigan is a top 5 team

quote this when they get a hundo dropped on them by, like, purdue

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Declan MacManus posted:

michigan is a top 5 team

wow bold take really going out on a limb

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

MourningView posted:

wow bold take really going out on a limb

they’re only ranked 7 right now

when will the ap start respecting the power 5

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

They should be #2 right after Gonzaga. It's the reality of being ranked way too low at the start of the season. It normalizes over the course of the year and means jack poo poo for the NCAA tournament seeding so calm down Declan.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Baylor above them would be fine.

The last AP was before the Wisconsin game when they still hadn't really played anyone, they will be like second or third whenever the new one comes out. They're 4 in KenPom but I assume that's some combination of whatever preseason is in there and the increasingly inexplicable Oakland game dragging them down, they should be above Iowa in the actual polls

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jan 13, 2021

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
imo the AP voters should have held an emergency session after the Michigan win to properly rank the Wolverines and banish the fraud Badgers to "also receiving votes" where they belong

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
It's kind of defensible because Michigan's early Big Ten schedule wasn't really very heavy. They played ranked Big Ten teams, but they were classic early high-ranked teams. But that wisconsin game kind of changes things!

Been a long way since overtime with Oakland.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Kirios posted:

They should be #2 right after Gonzaga. It's the reality of being ranked way too low at the start of the season. It normalizes over the course of the year and means jack poo poo for the NCAA tournament seeding so calm down Declan.

buddy i’m steamin over big ten basketball

i am very upset that the wolverines are not receiving the adequate respect they deserve after rolling over the mighty badger, go blue

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn G Justin Powell was reportedly cleared earlier but apparently will miss like his fourth game tonight after a head injury a while back. Powell had been nails filling as a last-resort PG while Sharife was benched but he's a natural 2. Really looking forward to seeing him shooting off what Sharife creates cause once the threats of Cooper driving, Powell outside and JT Thor in the paint are all rolling at the same time I have no idea how anyone is supposed to stop that.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/ChadLeistikow/status/1349422190219948035?s=19

if luka gets sick I will hunt down tom izzo

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

You're just upset that Fran isn't willing to do whatever it takes to win.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
After mistakenly thinking Kansas lost to Texas last Saturday instead of the one before (give me a break, about a year has happened since January 2) I wondered when the last time KU lost two Big 12 games back to back was. They avoided it in the 18-19 year when the championship streak finally ended.

The answer if I have it right is the 2012-13 season where they lost three in a row to Oklahoma State, TCU and Oklahoma. They of course won the conference that year, but had to share the title with K State.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Nebraska's got the 'rona again. They postponed a game against Purdue last week, played IU, but now they're postponing tonight's Illinois game and Saturday's game at Maryland.

https://huskers.com/news/2021/1/11/nebraska-mens-basketball-pauses-team-activities.aspx

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Game got postponed. Big Ten feels like it's in kind of a precarious place right now

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

MourningView posted:

Game got postponed. Big Ten feels like it's in kind of a precarious place right now

Thought they were maybe a bit quick to congratulate themselves on being the last major without a cancellation, or whatever it was

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the big ten must halt play immediately until we can figure out why boo buie can't score points anymore

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

R.D. Mangles posted:

the big ten must halt play immediately until we can figure out why boo buie can't score points anymore

Is Mario looking right at him?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Virginia's women's team has cancelled the rest of their season. Imagine the women's tournament is in significant danger already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

https://defector.com/college-coaches-will-have-to-choose-where-their-loyalties-lie/

People in Kentucky, especially in eastern KY turning against UK over anything is wild. But boy howdy white people hate when you kneel during the anthem.