Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/neumaverick/status/1345886414987173888?s=20

The mufasa death music playing as my coffin lowers into the grave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Hedrigall posted:

Under the sea as your casket is lowered into the ocean

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hedrigall posted:

You Can Fly! playing as my corpse is shot out of a cannon.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

Gatts posted:

The Cat in Soul is good. It is a good cat.

I also saw Coco after and while it was very good, Soul hit me more in the feels.

I got a bit of a Cheshire Cat vibe from the cat in Soul, with the small, close-together eyes and big chin.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Hedrigall posted:

A Whole New World as my body is wrapped in a carpet and dumped in the bosphorus

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I'll have a disney funeral but only allow poor unfortunate soul to play on loop

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I like the cat in soul but she should be Mrs Muffins because I'm pretty sure all calico cats are girls.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hellfire seems mandatory for any disney themed funeral

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

‘Love is an Open Door’ plays as the bottom falls out of my casket, dropping my body into a pauper’s grave.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Friends on the Other Side playing as the voodoo priest readies my corpse for reanimation

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

YggiDee posted:

I like the cat in soul but she should be Mrs Muffins because I'm pretty sure all calico cats are girls.

Male cats actually can be calicos, but they're very rare: http://www.vetstreet.com/dr-marty-b...0tortoiseshell.

Edit:

If you don't feel like clicking on the article the explanation is this: In order for a cat to be calico it needs two X chromosomes, which is normally something only female cats have, but a male cat with the rare genetic condition Klinefelter syndrome (which means they have a chromosome set of XXY) can also have calico coloring.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jan 4, 2021

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Thanks to whoever suggested Felix Colgrave, his stuff rocks and I'm glad I checked it out.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I rewatched The Road To El Dorado, movie is great fun

I really dislike the design of the antagonist Tzekel-Kan though, especially how his nose continues up into his forehead. It’s very distracting.

You know whose design is distracting in a good way though :pervert:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I appreciate how unashamedly horny you are at times, Hedrigall. We would all be happier if we could be more honest about that.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
A long article I haven't read yet, but thought might be interesting to people here -

https://www.vulture.com/article/most-influential-best-scenes-animation-history.html

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Wtf it doesn't even have the scene where rotoscoped Aragorn wipes out

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand

Pick posted:

Wtf it doesn't even have the scene where rotoscoped Aragorn wipes out
what!!

(in dramatic slo-mo)

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

animator: so uh
b: *massive bong rip*
a: haha ok

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I’ve always been a big fan of “rotoscoped Gandalf jumps dramatically onto a rock and gets his cloak wrapped around his face”

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

Data Graham posted:

I’ve always been a big fan of “rotoscoped Gandalf jumps dramatically onto a rock and gets his cloak wrapped around his face”

i'll never regret the time i spent exhaustively screenshotting this film

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

perepelki posted:

Why would you ever regret capturing art in its purest form?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

A friend got me Wizards on Blu-Ray for a belated Christmas gift and I am EXTREMELY excited.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

ThermoPhysical posted:

A friend got me Wizards on Blu-Ray for a belated Christmas gift and I am EXTREMELY excited.
:neckbeard: yes yes YES

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Why would you ever regret capturing art in its purest form?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
yeah that looks good. keep that in there

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

Pick posted:

yeah that looks good. keep that in there
"*bubble bubble* *exhale* love it."

heavy traffic is the movie i really want more people to see, but promoting it is pretty difficult because it's not really suitable for let's-watching and it's not all that accessible - just renting it online for three days cost me $18 aud, and a dvd copy cost seventy (!) it's probably available for illicit download somewhere, but i've never looked, and to steal from ralph is to steal from the lord

one day i'll do a walkthrough of cool world. but i have had no decent weed since march 2020, my liver couldn't handle a drunk watch, it is not yet wild mushroom season, and doing it sober is not an option

perepelki fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 5, 2021

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/zei_squirrel/status/1346475436637732874?s=19

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

perepelki posted:

"*bubble bubble* *exhale* love it."

heavy traffic is the movie i really want more people to see, but promoting it is pretty difficult because it's not really suitable for let's-watching and it's not all that accessible - just renting it online for three days cost me $18 aud, and a dvd copy cost seventy (!) it's probably available for illicit download somewhere, but i've never looked, and to steal from ralph is to steal from the lord

one day i'll do a walkthrough of cool world. but i have had no decent weed since march 2020, my liver couldn't handle a drunk watch, it is not yet wild mushroom season, and doing it sober is not an option

Heavy Traffic is loving incredible, but like Coonskin, completely impossible for me to recommend to anyone I know personally. I try to ease people in to Bakshi's good stuff with Hey Good Lookin', which is both massively underrated and light on the more extreme depictions of sex and racism.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

Post Ironic Cereal posted:

Heavy Traffic is loving incredible, but like Coonskin, completely impossible for me to recommend to anyone I know personally. I try to ease people in to Bakshi's good stuff with Hey Good Lookin', which is both massively underrated and light on the more extreme depictions of sex and racism.
hey good lookin' is great. it has everything i enjoy - virile anti-cop sentiment, cruelty to italians, a black gang as antagonists who are honestly more reasonable and socially constructive than the protagonists, homoeroticism

c**nskin has its moments of high art but i'd struggle to recommend it to anybody unless i knew it was their particular jam. it does seem like the one film where bakshi oversteps the line in regards to depicting black characters and culture, and it's not one of his more coherent works on top of that, but its good moments are really good and its depiction of the mafia is one for the ages. (again, i love all his italian characters. there have clearly been many interesting italians in his life, something i sympathise with.)

heavy traffic, wizards and american pop are his most unashamedly jewish works, and my three favourites. heavy traffic and wizards are just magical because there was so little executive input into them. they're just pure unadulterated energy from a slightly deranged young creative genius. wizards in particular i suspect was first dreamed up when he was a kid, and i mean that in a totally positive way. heavy traffic is deeply precious on an artistic and historical level in many ways i won't go into just now because i'm drinking prosecco and may get emotional

lotr and cool world are their own thing altogether. the only films i haven't seen yet are fritz the cat, because crumb, and fire and ice, because again, no good weed since march 2020

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

bakshi!!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

perepelki posted:

Not too long ago I was looking all over for this image as a reaction to someone. I never found it. :( So I just saved this to my phone.
I'd say it was too late now, but I don't think there's ever not a time to post this image in a reaction to someone.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

Darth TNT posted:

Not too long ago I was looking all over for this image as a reaction to someone. I never found it. :( So I just saved this to my phone.
I'd say it was too late now, but I don't think there's ever not a time to post this image in a reaction to someone.
i love to hear that people are using the screenshots for reactions, lol. there are so many expressions in this drat thing that deserve to be immortalised

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

perepelki posted:

hey good lookin' is great. it has everything i enjoy - virile anti-cop sentiment, cruelty to italians, a black gang as antagonists who are honestly more reasonable and socially constructive than the protagonists, homoeroticism

c**nskin has its moments of high art but i'd struggle to recommend it to anybody unless i knew it was their particular jam. it does seem like the one film where bakshi oversteps the line in regards to depicting black characters and culture, and it's not one of his more coherent works on top of that, but its good moments are really good and its depiction of the mafia is one for the ages. (again, i love all his italian characters. there have clearly been many interesting italians in his life, something i sympathise with.)

heavy traffic, wizards and american pop are his most unashamedly jewish works, and my three favourites. heavy traffic and wizards are just magical because there was so little executive input into them. they're just pure unadulterated energy from a slightly deranged young creative genius. wizards in particular i suspect was first dreamed up when he was a kid, and i mean that in a totally positive way. heavy traffic is deeply precious on an artistic and historical level in many ways i won't go into just now because i'm drinking prosecco and may get emotional

lotr and cool world are their own thing altogether. the only films i haven't seen yet are fritz the cat, because crumb, and fire and ice, because again, no good weed since march 2020

Crumb hates the Fritz movie!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I feel like it would be easy to create a series of Swear Trek-like gifs from that movie.

Who left the god drat coffee pot empty?!
*Gandalf hops out and his cloak wraps around his face*
gently caress you!

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

perepelki posted:

i love to hear that people are using the screenshots for reactions, lol. there are so many expressions in this drat thing that deserve to be immortalised

I just watched this again, and was wondering the reason that the animation goes from drawing to weird painted video? Was it budgetary when rotoscoping? Or some time constraint? I tried to look it up but found articles complaining about unrelated issues and i didn't care to read them.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

deong posted:

I just watched this again, and was wondering the reason that the animation goes from drawing to weird painted video? Was it budgetary when rotoscoping? Or some time constraint?
i think it was both

my pet theory about this movie is that 90% of the budget went on horses

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

hahaha

:3:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

where's your avatar from perepelki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
I just watched Wolfwalkers and gently caress I love Cartoon Saloon. Their style of 2D animation really just hits me.