Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Vinestalk posted:

I decided I need to clam up about his shooting and listen to MV, the voice of reason.

He's surrounded by garbage, he's being asked to do a lot when he does come on, and I don't think D Rose is a very supportive or educational vet. But he is smart and it's early in the season, so it's not worth getting histrionic.

MV said earlier Halliburton and I think Vessell were lucky the pistons didn't pick them because of the environment they'd be in and that's a pretty fair assessment.

Maybe it's just PR, but there have been multiple interviews and segments with Rose or Hayes where they talkeda bout their training together. D Rose plays ball with honor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Mavs need to bench Hardaway Jr more often

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

A Knicks fan in my life tonight: "The East goes through New York"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Dexo posted:

I was told that Thibs was a washed up hack, who shouldn't be a coach anymore :thunk:

Just need to get my gloating in before it all comes crashing down.

That's what we were told, too! We even fired the dude half way through a season after a solid win!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dexo posted:

I was told that Thibs was a washed up hack, who shouldn't be a coach anymore :thunk:

They're one game above .500 7 games into the season

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

first time since melo

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
poetry in motion
https://twitter.com/sixers/status/1346258576176783361?s=20

lmao. thank god horford and josh richardson are gone

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Menstrual Show posted:

Let’s look at rookies only, gotta see how my boy Kill is doing.

https://twitter.com/NBA_Math/status/1346232193731813376?s=20

Oh

Payton Prichard is TS% .600 on .524/.400 and a negligible freethrow sample. How is he hard negative points added on offense?

edit: also this was before he went for 23 on 8/13, 2/4, 5/5 tonight so that should help

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 5, 2021

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Mavs need to bench Hardaway Jr more often

The keys to the game: Not starting Dwight Powell, making THJr a 6th man, Dwight Powell getting less minutes than WCS, and Dwight Powell getting less minutes than Kleber.

Stevie Lee posted:

lmao. thank god horford and josh richardson are gone

I understand Richardson was a bad fit in Philly but it's hard for me not to think of him as a good player after watching him on the Mavs. Glad the trade worked out for both teams.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

God drat lol

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
It’s nice that all three of the top-picked rookies seem to be solid, I always feel bad for the Thomas Robinsons / Derrick Williams of the world

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Spacebump posted:

I understand Richardson was a bad fit in Philly but it's hard for me not to think of him as a good player after watching him on the Mavs. Glad the trade worked out for both teams.

the sixers simultaneously expected too much and too little of him. i think he was checked out by the end

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/GSWarriorsLATAM/status/1346309473326010370

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

dokmo please make a new Bagley highlight video based on this Warriors game

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Jazz fans have seen this and we have no remorse. I don't know why they were always so protective over him. He contributed meaningful games like maybe 12 times? He was a turnover injury laden machine.

This is lovely, it's not like it's his fault. I thought he stunk when he was healthy enough to play but I don't have any ill will towards him, he lost a ton of key development time to injury right when it looked like he might be turning a corner and never really recovered from it

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Dexo posted:

he’s a rich man’s scott skiles but right up until everyone gets burnt out it’s a hell of a trick

Doltos posted:

given the knicks roster it’s still pretty impressive

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

MourningView posted:

This is lovely, it's not like it's his fault. I thought he stunk when he was healthy enough to play but I don't have any ill will towards him, he lost a ton of key development time to injury right when it looked like he might be turning a corner and never really recovered from it

Upon a re-read of my post you are in the right. I don’t have any ill feelings toward him personally; and I definitely don’t like seeing players get injured and that even includes players like Boogie and Draymond. I think in my moment to reply it was like I had already experienced that feeling too often with him on the Jazz to bring about much emotion. It was cool when he was first traded to Cleveland and started putting down good numbers, I was hopeful he would have a successful career but I certainly didn’t miss him on the roster.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Seriously dokmo, please make a Bagley video just off today's game

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
That Pels/Pacers game :eyepop:

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

WhyteRyce posted:

Seriously dokmo, please make a Bagley video just off today's game

Also the soundtrack needs to be off the album he released this off-season

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/1346296040924860416?s=19

things seem bad for the raptors

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Hand Knit posted:

Zogo, how often does a team that leads by 10 or more points at any point in a game end up winning that game? Asking for a rapidly unravelling basketball team.

Pretty sure the Heat lead in this category last season.

They definitely were in the double digits before the playoffs started.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

:sickos:

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Lmfao thank you dokmo. So depressing. I dunno if I can enjoy ball this year guys. I might have to not watch any more Kings games for a while, if that’s even possible. Down by 30 to GSW rn. The Sixers have been my east coast team since my sister moved to Philly and I got back into it around 2015 so maybe I’ll just watch them.

Started a new job and instead of working noon-10 and watching games all night I have to be up at 6:30 and only have time for one game a day. Rough life.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
who on the raptors roster is actually good? OG?

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

It’s dire. Nurse keeps talking about defense but they have the worst FG% and are tied for worst offensive rating in the league.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

drat even baynes sucks

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Maestro posted:

Lmfao thank you dokmo. So depressing. I dunno if I can enjoy ball this year guys. I might have to not watch any more Kings games for a while, if that’s even possible. Down by 30 to GSW rn. The Sixers have been my east coast team since my sister moved to Philly and I got back into it around 2015 so maybe I’ll just watch them.

Started a new job and instead of working noon-10 and watching games all night I have to be up at 6:30 and only have time for one game a day. Rough life.

Just wait for Tyrese to come back and we'll be saved

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Yeah, baby boy Hali is going to lead us to the promised land

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

nikosoft posted:

Yeah, baby boy Hali is going to lead us to the promised land

My Chinese knockoff Hali jersey arrived and I'm hyped

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

FVV was the only Raptor that played well tonight. And the Celtics were firing on all cylinders not named Theis or Tristan.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

Just wait for Tyrese to come back and we'll be saved

I had already forgotten about him until the rookie TPA graphic. I cannot believe we looked so bad the two games without a loving rookie, but he is pretty awesome so Hope Is Restored

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Voice of god drat reason.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Maybe it's just PR, but there have been multiple interviews and segments with Rose or Hayes where they talkeda bout their training together. D Rose plays ball with honor

He does play with honor. He works his rear end off both in game and in practice. I guess my concerns stem from dumb superficial observations after poor plays or the general frustration any decent player would show after some of these poor performances. Can't blame a guy for either of those, and I should prob not read too much into them.

But I think it's also a skill set thing. Like that shiftiness is unique to Rose and I don't know if it's something you can really teach or if Hayes has the physical characteristics to recreate it.

Whatever. Get healthy, Killian.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
https://twitter.com/samesfandiari/status/1346313597610119168

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

killian hayes has been playing with an ankle injury for like half of his minutes this season and is getting an MRI on it now too. also i cant believe how many people are overreacting to less than 10 games being played by a 19 year old kid during a season with no summer league or preseason

remember when people remembered it could take years for a point guard to develop

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

lmao at that bench reaction

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

I'm here for this

https://twitter.com/DaveDuFourNBA/status/1345940211218452482
https://twitter.com/samesfandiari/status/1346301782054473730
https://twitter.com/damanr/status/1225483444496392192

Akbar fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jan 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

I was screaming at my tv when this happened. Steph was double teamed at midcourt, got it away to the outlet Oubre. So there's a 4 on 3. What does Oubre do? Waits for a while to let the defense catch up and then drives straight at two defenders instead of finding either of the open shooters at the three point line.

He seems to be absolute bottom tier in terms of court awareness.

predicto fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jan 5, 2021