Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Playing Shenmue 2 to get me through to the january yakuza drop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
I finished Y7 and I’m sad it’s over. Characters, story are ace. Not in love with Yokohama but was good to get out of Kumurocho.

Y0 will remain my #1 but Y7 could be #2 just for the deftness of it all.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I thought the story was a little pants on head even by Yakuza standards and dragged in spots but the battle system was good and a refreshing change. I got a lot of playtime out of it.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

man nurse posted:

I thought the story was a little pants on head even by Yakuza standards and dragged in spots but the battle system was good and a refreshing change. I got a lot of playtime out of it.

I think it’s because it was so pants on head in almost every area that I liked it.

Probably the weakest or most under utilised element is the personality traits which don’t unlock a whole lot aside some jobs and a few bits that don’t feel worth it.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I started y7 the there day just got to chapter 3, when does the battle system open up it's pretty boring so far and having to deal with backup spam seems annoying

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Goddamn it heruka, just give me a minute, I'm not that good at golf.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm almost done yakuza 1 and it's so good

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Empress Brosephine posted:

I started y7 the there day just got to chapter 3, when does the battle system open up it's pretty boring so far and having to deal with backup spam seems annoying
chapter 5 is when it seemed to get a lot more fun for me - that’s when you unlock weapon crafting and the job system

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
Goddamnit that moment when the two stories cross in Yak0

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I started playing yakuza 2 now and the improvements are so great. also they kept in the guys that have FART on their hoodies so that's nice

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
just fought a gang of adult babys

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

saluting pocket circuit fighter every time he appears

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

VileLL posted:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
old school majima is fuckin amazing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

VileLL posted:

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Yakuza kiwami 2 down. Taking a break and playing demon souls, then it's on to Y3.

Kiwami 2 was badass and while I'm not a huge fan of ragdoll; pinballing fuckers into a convenience store's snack isle is always satisfying.

I miss being able to go into brawler/etc fight modes though.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

just started kiwami 2 and I'm blown away by the kiwami 1 -> 2 transition

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat now im getting hype for K2 bc ive been loving K1 way more than the original.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Kiwami 2 on the new engine is truly mind blowing the first time you fire it up.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
I’ve been without a Yakuza game for a week now and am aching for another to be announced. Even if one happens this year in Japan it will be 2022 before it makes it to the west.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

tao of lmao posted:

Kiwami 2 on the new engine is truly mind blowing the first time you fire it up.
I really enjoyed the overhaul of combat, busting into restaurants and smashing people up with chairs only to get yelled at by the owner ftw. I like the Y7 combat so far but I hope they expand and refine on the K2 combat in other spinoffs, adding back the styles and stuff.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Man k1 to k2, the city is more flushed out and detailed. Seamless transition between buildings. poo poo is smooth.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I really enjoyed the overhaul of combat, busting into restaurants and smashing people up with chairs only to get yelled at by the owner ftw. I like the Y7 combat so far but I hope they expand and refine on the K2 combat in other spinoffs, adding back the styles and stuff.

yeah, 100%. i dont know if 6 or 7 makes it impossible but i want a majima spinoff game in the old style alongside another ichiban game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

they should do one set in the 50s/60s.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Don Draper should visit Kamurocho. Oh gently caress yes.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

In Training posted:

A Battles without Honor and Humanity spinoff would be so cool. I'm still waiting on those Edo period spinoffs to get a western release

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

In Training posted:

With Kazama as the protagonist

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

In Training posted:

just make a tokyo drifter game

or make a judgement type thing with the same mechanics

all i know is that i'm about to finish 0 and got a whole gently caress ton of yak awaiting for me due to game pass, the greatest value in gaming

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MeatwadIsGod posted:

A Battles without Honor and Humanity spinoff would be so cool. I'm still waiting on those Edo period spinoffs to get a western release

0s villain is basically the battles without honor and humanity villain

I wish they would localize the samurai yakuza game

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Stolen from the game deals thread

Bloodplay it again posted:

Newegg has some decent deals on some PC games right now.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 for $5.99 with promo code XMASGM6
Yakuza: Like a Dragon Day Ichi Edition for $37.49 with promo code 4NWYHYU65 (or the legendary hero edition with all DLC for $50.39 with XMASGM6)

Full list of sale game here

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

There was a cool gangster politician in Japan around that time who loved bribes too much and went to jail, but for some reason everyone in Japan thought he was awesome and voted him PM anyway. He ended up having to resign because of the aforementioned thirst for non-stop bribes/corruption and kept annoying the government with his powerful faction.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

hell if i was a politician id take bribes. youd be foolish not to, it's free money

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Even after he had a stroke during his corruption trial and was basically a vegetable he won his seat by the biggest margin in Japan. I learned about him from one of my old students who was tearfully telling me about the historical figure she admired the most.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Even after he had a stroke during his corruption trial and was basically a vegetable he won his seat by the biggest margin in Japan. I learned about him from one of my old students who was tearfully telling me about the historical figure she admired the most.

lmfao, japan rules

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

there's a yakuza samurai game?? 👀

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Two of them, Ishi and Kenshin for ps3. Also a few psp spin offs.