Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

sandnavyguy posted:

It’s 4 to hammer though?

... yeah thats what I meant. Derp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I was on board with the turbo pre D1 and voted Hal before he'd posted, don't you come for me on this

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

I was on board with the turbo pre D1 and voted Hal before he'd posted, don't you come for me on this

Okay then who’s the scum on the turbo (or off the turbo)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

I also just want to point out that none of this implies you’re Town.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

... yeah thats what I meant. Derp.

Are you...afraid of a turbo..?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

I also just want to point out that none of this implies you’re Town.

Wow no kidding!

As said I got a feeling about Yami. SNG is saying some very inconsistent stuff.
Also not a big fan of you running content games off the bat here and saying very little yourself

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
hello i'm awake again.

the grim reality is that i saw 4 and decided that i would seal the deal on the dumbest play of all time .

I'm not scum but i have no real defence beyond i thought it was really funny that HAL died 11 minutes after joining the discord.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

Wow no kidding!

As said I got a feeling about Yami. SNG is saying some very inconsistent stuff.
Also not a big fan of you running content games off the bat here and saying very little yourself

Okay let me be more clear:

I don’t think Yami or Sub are scum

I’m not scum

I think your and Tommu’s votes on Hal are weak, with yours being slightly sneakier.

I’m suss of Amni and SNG but I think you’re a better target.

Nice try though ;)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tommunist posted:

hello i'm awake again.

the grim reality is that i saw 4 and decided that i would seal the deal on the dumbest play of all time .

I'm not scum but i have no real defence beyond i thought it was really funny that HAL died 11 minutes after joining the discord.

and tbh, I believe this for the most part from Tommu. It could be a lie but like, I buy it.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

##vote sandwolf

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tommu who you think scum

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

oh lol ok, why me?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

Are you...afraid of a turbo..?

It's not a turbo when the person in question has talked.

We've been over this.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

oh lol ok, why me?

I think your belief in me as not scum comes from a bad place and I hate how you frame it. It feels so overly friendly.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Hey, so, guess who tested positive for the rona today? Hey, guess whose mom was taken to the hospital for the rona today? So, uh, I think I would prefer to not sub out and have this as a distraction, but want to be upfront that this may impact how dedicated to the game I am.

Amnistar posted:

So yami, myself and grandi are all scum?
So, no, I don't think all are scum in this list. But felt like there was scum in the list. Grandi is off the list now. I'm feeling better about Yami after a reread, but not feeling better about Amni.

On the back half of the votes, I guess I do give RF credit for the very early post about being down to get Hal. I also don't know that I think scum would hammer instead of waiting to see if town would in Tommu's position. I mean maybe? Not finding anything to vote at this point.

So then we have the non-voters, Sandwolf and sng. Sandwolf seems extremely on the town level to me, sng hasn't posted anything I like yet.

##vote Amni for now.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sub Rosa posted:

Hey, so, guess who tested positive for the rona today? Hey, guess whose mom was taken to the hospital for the rona today? So, uh, I think I would prefer to not sub out and have this as a distraction, but want to be upfront that this may impact how dedicated to the game I am.

So, no, I don't think all are scum in this list. But felt like there was scum in the list. Grandi is off the list now. I'm feeling better about Yami after a reread, but not feeling better about Amni.

On the back half of the votes, I guess I do give RF credit for the very early post about being down to get Hal. I also don't know that I think scum would hammer instead of waiting to see if town would in Tommu's position. I mean maybe? Not finding anything to vote at this point.

So then we have the non-voters, Sandwolf and sng. Sandwolf seems extremely on the town level to me, sng hasn't posted anything I like yet.

##vote Amni for now.

Oh poo poo.

You uh... honestly should focus on your RL?

Like no offense but mafia is a massive distraction you don't need when you're dealing with that.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm going to assume 2 scum so they'll want to be conservative, but it's certainly not out of the question for Tommu to decide to toss a hail mary out.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I feel like having something to focus on besides rona is desirable, but also maybe not fair to the game, I dunno.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Eh I get it, I always prefer to be distracted and I mean it's not like you can do anything about it now. I mean get lots of rest and everything but this probably beats sitting around thinking about it. Obviously don't feel bad if you want to drop out later tho

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sub Rosa posted:

I feel like having something to focus on besides rona is desirable, but also maybe not fair to the game, I dunno.

Honestly dude do whatever is best for you, there’s not much game to read if you do need Bif to tag in, but I understand wanting something else to pour thought into. Be there for your Mom though.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tommunist posted:

I think your belief in me as not scum comes from a bad place and I hate how you frame it. It feels so overly friendly.

Alright I feel even better about you now then. It was p much an arbitrary choice but basically I can see you hammering there as town or scum. I think if you were scum you’d have been happy to hide in the shade of my statements.

I’m more or less down to SNG, Amni, and RF rn

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

It's nearly midnight here and I'm not going to think into things too much at this time of the day, but I do feel like RF is coming up a lot lately.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amn who scum

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Sandwolf posted:

Amn who scum

SNG and probably Tommunist.

##vote SNG

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yami Fenrir posted:

It's nearly midnight here and I'm not going to think into things too much at this time of the day, but I do feel like RF is coming up a lot lately.

What does that even mean? We're on page 4 of a 9 player game, that started today

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

"opop has come up a lot" without any kind of value statement at this stage in the game is just a bizarre thing to say

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

O p o p

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Opop changed his name when we flipped it and started calling him Mr. Popo

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

SNG and probably Tommunist.

##vote SNG

why not RF

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Sandwolf posted:

why not RF

that would be the alternative to the "probably tommunist"

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Who’s around?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I’m around. I don’t like Amnis vote on me, it seems opportunistic since I haven’t been posting today

RF on the other hand I’m on board with voting.

The Yami sus is opportunistic, leaning on the Hal turbo as him being in the free and clear because of his early timing, etc. and his interactions with the thread calls out as sus to me.

##vote RF

Verily, I say this man hath pushed the Queen.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I'm fairly sure the sand alliance has been corrupted by evil. I think it's highly likely that the scum team is actually SNG + Sandwolf. And RF is just a scapegoat.

Here's why I think SNG is scum:

sandnavyguy posted:

It is very weak, but I only have a page to go on and half the page is votes on Hal and signups :p

Yami not going for the OMGUS when there’s a fairly clear opening gives me a bit of pause though.

sandnavyguy posted:

No, the vote itself was a joke, with a little barbs (voting Yami, who started the turbo) built in to strike up game conversation.

This is my joking answer to why I did it, but the second half is genuine. That Yami correctly called out the vote as lovely/weak, yet did not OMGUs cause she’s casing others, gives me pause and makes me think maybe they are leaning town.

sandnavyguy posted:

Well yes I’m not going to *immediately* unvote that sort of removes anything we can gather from other people voting, right? I assume we aren’t gonna turbo twice in a row.

This is hedging. SNG is testing to see if lunching me is viable. It's somehow supposed to be just a jokevote but he's also defending it as a real post especially early on. Like I said earlier, this post may look like a jokevote, but it's easily transitioned into a real vote. Especially the fact that he refused to drop it DESPITE ADMITTING its a joke vote adds credibility to this.

Other than that they haven't done much scum hunting, except for this:

sandnavyguy posted:

I’m around. I don’t like Amnis vote on me, it seems opportunistic since I haven’t been posting today

RF on the other hand I’m on board with voting.

The Yami sus is opportunistic, leaning on the Hal turbo as him being in the free and clear because of his early timing, etc. and his interactions with the thread calls out as sus to me.

##vote RF

Verily, I say this man hath pushed the Queen.

This... may be valid, but I also feel like there was a lot more content around. Like around me, amni and even Sub Rosa maybe. My "out there" theory is that SNG picked RF because he believes he can get the vote past me and amni for the town votes required to lunch them.

##vote sandnavyguy

Case on sandwolf in next post.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

First part is tone based. Sandwolf just... feels off. I feel like town Sandwolf has a lot more fervor in scumhunting than this.

There are so many content games and like, near none of his own scum reads:

Sandwolf posted:

Tommu tell me why you’re not scum

Same question Opop

Sandwolf posted:

Alright, Opop and RF, if you had to find a scum on the turbo of Hal, and there almost surely was scum on the turbo of Hal, who would you pick?

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t think it’s Sub Rosa either.

But here is where it gets really fishy:

Sandwolf posted:

Yami why not consider RF? Why drat SNG?

Note that this is after SNG's "joke" vote, but before my post where I explain why it's a horrible vote. I feel like town sandwolf would have called out SNG on the vote immediatedly. But instead, he does this:

Sandwolf posted:

What about this then, Yami?

Shade throwing regarding... pregame stuff? Like calling people out regarding pregame stuff is laughable in the first place, but Sandwolf didn't even bother checking it.

Then he posts this:

Sandwolf posted:

Meh actually the sng vote for ‘stealing jokephase’ is kinda weak

... and promptly moves back to RF. This is easily a "yeah okay sure SNG may be scummy but can we look at people that aren't my scumbo instead?" kind of empty acknowledgement post.

Sandwolf posted:

Okay let me be more clear:

I don’t think Yami or Sub are scum

I’m not scum

I think your and Tommu’s votes on Hal are weak, with yours being slightly sneakier.

I’m suss of Amni and SNG but I think you’re a better target.

Nice try though ;)

Once again horndogging RF. SNG shows up again, but in like last spot in the scum list. I really, really think that town Sandwolf would take a lot more of an issue with SNG's posting. Instead he's basically ignoring it while posting SNG is a bit scummy, quite possibly to appear to acknowledge town's scumreads while not actually helping vote them.

This kind of seals the deal for me though:

Sandwolf posted:

Alright I feel even better about you now then. It was p much an arbitrary choice but basically I can see you hammering there as town or scum. I think if you were scum you’d have been happy to hide in the shade of my statements.

I’m more or less down to SNG, Amni, and RF rn

Sandwolf posted:

why not RF

If you're down to voting both SNG and RF like you say you are, why do you so vehemently want RF voted out over SNG?

This stinks.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Oh and for someone that yells "They picked up votes too quickly!!!" like every game, Sandwolf sure was willing to put RF at -2 really quickly.

Anyway, my working theory is that if SNG is scum, then RF is town right now. I just don't see that situation making sense otherwise.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I'm down to do sng. ##vote sng

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't know about wolf but I definitely woke up ready to vote sng today. They are at - 1 now though so I won't, let's have some good discussion today and not make me regret it

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Retro Futurist posted:

I don't know about wolf but I definitely woke up ready to vote sng today. They are at - 1 now though so I won't, let's have some good discussion today and not make me regret it

To be fair it's primarily Sandwolfs (to me almost visibly) willful ignorance of SNG's behavior that is making me suspect them.

Which is of course reliant on SNG's flip and why I'm voting SNG.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

I think it's highly likely that the scum team is actually SNG + Sandwolf.
So no scum on the Hal lunch at all? No scum posts D1 at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's not impossible when there's a turbo like that.