Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

One day I’m going to nervously invite myself to jackbox w y’all bc I’m a late 30s dad aching for socialization after a decade of shedding many friendships and feeling nearly incapable of forming new ones.

I’m not even sure what it is but boobs Bart calls to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

I've gone there three times in the last 10 years, and I think each time Fast Pass has gotten harder and harder to use and I cannot imagine waiting in line 50+ minutes in the heat for any ride, no matter how good it may be. It used to be pretty easy to book your Fast Pass events the day before you went or often even a few hours before, but now it's like you gotta do that poo poo weeks ahead of time which is ridiculous.

I do wonder if the opening of the Star Wars land has alleviated the crowding at all. Were you able to go before everything got shutdown?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

LeeMajors posted:

One day I’m going to nervously invite myself to jackbox w y’all bc I’m a late 30s dad aching for socialization after a decade of shedding many friendships and feeling nearly incapable of forming new ones.

Come on in tonight. If we get more than 12, we normally split into two rooms so everyone can play. What the hell, give it a shot!

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Manoueverable posted:

I always presume the actors are just constantly blitzed whenever they're out of costume, in part because of one of those old Texts From Last Night entries (I have no idea why I remember that site except it was really popular to reference my first couple years of college)

I know quite a few cast members, and they're either full kool aid drinkers who are Mormon level nice even off work, and the rest are absolutely degenerate alcoholics and love cocaine.

Most of my Disney hate is from living here and dealing with the tourists and traffic, the rest is from people who base their life around it and have zero else to talk about, which is half the people I work with.

I also almost got a job there but the pay was lol. Full $15k a year less than any other offer i had, and the pep talk was "but you get to work for disney!"

Its cool, it was just a job inspecting metal fatigue on rides :v:

Edit: Star Wars land did not make crowding any better. As close as I am, the usual theory is go all winter at least once a week after 4pm or so. You can ride most things that way.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1346615467243417600

I would not want to go in front of the committee specifically designed to go viral roasting your rear end
Pelosi...good?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Silly Burrito posted:

Come on in tonight. If we get more than 12, we normally split into two rooms so everyone can play. What the hell, give it a shot!

:hf:

I won't be able to tonight - currently trying to get a really fussy 4yo out of her meltdown mode but I'm going to loving do it soon. I'm intrigued.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I've gone there three times in the last 10 years, and I think each time Fast Pass has gotten harder and harder to use and I cannot imagine waiting in line 50+ minutes in the heat for any ride, no matter how good it may be. It used to be pretty easy to book your Fast Pass events the day before you went or often even a few hours before, but now it's like you gotta do that poo poo weeks ahead of time which is ridiculous.

I do wonder if the opening of the Star Wars land has alleviated the crowding at all. Were you able to go before everything got shutdown?

My last visit was Dec 2019. It wasn't super crowded that week but it wasn't dead either. Galaxy's Edge hasn't done much to alleviate the crowds. It's a small area with only two rides so it's not going to take much traffic from other areas, especially when Rise of the Resistance requires you to join a boarding group before you even get in the park so it's not like it's a people eater holding a bunch of folks in the queue. There is no standby for the ride so if you don't have a boarding group, you don't ride.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

LeeMajors posted:

:hf:

I won't be able to tonight - currently trying to get a really fussy 4yo out of her meltdown mode but I'm going to loving do it soon. I'm intrigued.

Just give her some starts with a D and pop on in!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Pelosi...good?

Hmm, I wonder why she’d put them all in the same room :tinfoil:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Braksgirl posted:

Covid has hosed everything right up, but these days there's no real slow time at Disney. You can find times when it's not as busy, but there's never a time when it's like dead. The beginning of Dec is a pretty good time to go, as is the week after Labor Day. There's a good sweet spot in January too if you can time it between the marathons and cheer tournaments. But a good rule of thumb is that if school's out, Disney is packed.

Heh, it's funny cause historically, those are three of the times of year we regularly went as well, plus intentionally going while school wasn't out. The only busy time we regularly went was the end of May because that's when my birthday is, but back in the day it was also when MGM had Star Wars Weekends. I still have a shirt from 2007 with Mickey in an X-wing pilot uniform, which became pretty funny after Disney bought the franchise years later.

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 6, 2021

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

Just give her some starts with a D and pop on in!

Some days i'd give a limb for a B52 at home.

I feel bad for thinking it, but man, toddlers and young kids can feel some poo poo.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Braksgirl posted:

So in regards to the disabilities card thing that Disney does, anyone can get it and Disney cannot require you to show paperwork that you need it, at least not anymore. HIPAA and all that. But it's not any more convenient than a FastPass so there's no real reason for anyone who doesn't need it to use it. What you do with it is you get a little card, you take it to the cast member at the entrance of the queue, they give you a return time. You go do something else until that time. You can shop or eat or do a different ride or whatever, and when your return time is valid, you get to go to the front of the FP queue. It's really so that you don't have to wait in the line. You can only have one return time at a time so it's not like you could hit up 5 rides, get 5 return times all at once and then just knock a bunch of poo poo out at one time. It just doesn't work like that.

Now, if you have a guest in your party that uses a wheelchair or ECV, you can use that to get fast tracked to the front but that's only at the attractions where the chair or ECV won't fit through the queue area. If your chair or ECV fits in the queue, you wait in line just like everyone else. And some rides do require you to be able to transfer from your chair to the ride vehicle yourself so that's something to keep in mind if you're traveling with someone who has physical limitations.

But Samadhi is right in that Disney had to crackdown because people were hiring "disabled" people to get them front of the line access via the old system. loving gross.

Alright, now I remember what we did - we had fastpass for one ride, and wanted to get fastpass for another, so we used the card to get queued for that one, since once you activate fastpass you only have to wait a certain amount of time before you can get in queue for another ride. The card kind of acts as a second one.

Anyway, my only real experience with Disneyland and crowds has been don't go on a weekend. It'll still be crowded, but... less so.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

fartknocker posted:

Heh, it's funny cause historically, those are three of the times of year we regularly went as well, plus intentionally going while school wasn't out. The only busy time we regularly went was the end of May because that's when my birthday is, but back in the day it was also when MGM had Star Wars Weekends. I still have a shirt from 2007 with Mickey in an X-wing pilot uniform, which became pretty funny after Disney bought the franchise years later.

Star Wars Weekends were awesome. I hope they bring them back some day now that they have a whole land.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

As much as I nothing Disney and other theme parks, I can't wait to get my daughter down there in a couple years.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1346625540535406592

e: he might be ok

quote:

Our sources say the 55-year-old music mogul is stable and lucid, but doctors don't know what caused the bleeding and they are doing a battery of tests.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

LeeMajors posted:

As much as I nothing Disney and other theme parks, I can't wait to get my daughter down there in a couple years.

Hit me up when you do. It's my favorite thing to send littles to Disney for the first time.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dude I don’t think tenet was bad

I think it was a little messy and could have been edited better but I enjoyed it.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

General Dog posted:

Jackbox Game Night tonight at the normal time, 7:30 CST

https://discord.gg/ZbKhVSwm

I'll be a couple minutes late or so, started dinner late

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1346615467243417600

I would not want to go in front of the committee specifically designed to go viral roasting your rear end

The ORCs

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

LeeMajors posted:

Boobs Bart awakens something in another soul :getin:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Braksgirl posted:

Star Wars Weekends were awesome. I hope they bring them back some day now that they have a whole land.

They were. I got to meet a bunch of actors (Namely Peter Mayhew who was awesome, and Kenny Baker) and they did all sorts of cool stuff. When they still had the Who Want's To Be a Millionaire, they'd make it all Star Wars questions which was hilarious. We saw some kid actually win the top prize (I think a Disney Cruise trip for his family) by correctly naming the ballet Anakin and Palpatine are watching during Revenge of the Sith. It's Squid Lake, and I think that's mentioned exactly once in the novelization

As an aside, going the week after Labor Day always gets me cause we did that semi regularly as well. One year we went for the weekend and almost stayed an extra day, but decided against and checked out as we originally planned on September 10th, 2001 :911:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

I think it was a little messy and could have been edited better but I enjoyed it.

Serious question- did you watch it with subtitles?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

I rented a movie theater with a few friends and we all spread waaaay out in the theater during the movie. I thought Tenet was awesome but holy poo poo it was way too loud during the loud parts. My ears were ringing when I got home and I don't think a movie has ever done that.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Braksgirl posted:

Hit me up when you do. It's my favorite thing to send littles to Disney for the first time.

I will.

We could definitely use some tips.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I'm still mad that when I found out about ESPN'S Wide World of Sports park that's south of main WDW stuff, that it's just sports facilities and not the Michael Vick ride from that one commercial and other sports based attractions.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I've only been over to the ESPN WWoS one time with a friend who was picking up a race packet when she was running a 5k. I stayed in the car and saw the parking lot and that's enough. I have no wish to see more.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

General Dog posted:

Serious question- did you watch it with subtitles?

Dude no poo poo. The sound mixing was terrible.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

He's going to forget about himself after this

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

LeeMajors posted:

I will.

We could definitely use some tips.

TAKE

BREAKS

there's more but that's the big one with kids

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Things are looking positive in Georgia and I’m trying not to get my hopes up.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

Dude no poo poo. The sound mixing was terrible.

I actually saw it at the movie house in July and found a lot of the dialogue pretty hard to follow. Not sure if subtitles would change my feelings on it a lot though.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bird in a Blender posted:

This forum of all others should know to trust an early lead in Georgia.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1346640177947668480

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I'm looking forward to Manchin switching parties at like 8am.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
McConnell about to get a lot more interested in auditing votes.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

This forum of all others should know to trust an early lead in Georgia.

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1346620838242627590?s=20

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I'm going to get all of my Georgia news from this thread because I have zero desire to relive the dread and anxiety that was election day.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I'm going to get all of my Georgia news from this thread because I have zero desire to relive the dread and anxiety that was election day.

Taking all Georgia news through the lens of the shutdown fullcast has served me well.

https://twitter.com/HollyAnderson/status/1346645294981779457

e: I mean that's not even a joke honestly, Holly's been all over it.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jan 6, 2021

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Loeffler is done already

https://twitter.com/redistrict/status/1346647684900417536?s=21

Just a terrible candidate. McConnell didn’t want her to run.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1346647684900417536?s=20

At least one race is starting to get called. Ossoff is running slightly behind Warnock’s numbers, but he’s still looking likely to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

As a former resident of the "Nukes" zone, this map is accurate. Especially the "Where people live off stuff that falls off trains."

Okefenokee is beautiful but also emblematic of the entire occidental duval-->north area where it's literally crumbling formerly segregated schools and hundreds of square miles of dense loblolly forest, aligators and cypress swamps.