Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Grittybeard posted:

Any chance you'll own the last one?

No thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Of all the assholes trying to be the next Trump, who is the scariest

Josh Hawley seems like he's positioning himself to pick up the Trump banner but he might be too much of a career politician to appeal to the Drain The Swamp crew.

I think it might end up being someone who isn't on anyone's radar right now. Did you think that Trump would be the next prez right after the 2012 election?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Ornery and Hornery posted:

bah god that's Tom Cotton's music

He just rejected the seditious Senate certification plot, so the Trump lunatics have abandoned him

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

It's going to depend entirely on how successful Trump is at pivoting to doing what he wanted to do in the first place: have a tv show where he says dumb poo poo and interviews people who fawn over him.

Considering Trump's track record at doing anything, he'll likely fail and drop far enough off the radar that the chuds move onto the next right wing populist, but it's such an easy job, he might succeed at which point he'll still own the Republican party 2/4 years from now.

He's seems like a total lazy gently caress who delegates/ignores all the work and oh btw he hires the absolute least competent people, so I feel kinda good about his chances at failing in any of his post-presidency ventures.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

C-Euro posted:

Josh Hawley seems like he's positioning himself to pick up the Trump banner but he might be too much of a career politician to appeal to the Drain The Swamp crew.

I think it might end up being someone who isn't on anyone's radar right now. Did you think that Trump would be the next prez right after the 2012 election?

I used to think Kid Rock, but maybe more of a Dana White these days.

President Dana White makes a lot of sense the more I think about it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I'm banking on Dan Crenshaw.

Nov 6, 2002

Who's that comedian that does the racists puppets? Probably him.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Trump's schtick is impossible to replicate, so I wouldn't lose too much sleep about anybody who's trying to be "the next Trump".

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

What do you guys mean next trump?

He’s not going anywhere.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

FizFashizzle posted:

He’s not going anywhere.

You think he's gonna survive another 4 years of fast-food and daily rage? Without the WH chefs forcing him to eat healthy?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

You think he's gonna survive another 4 years of fast-food and daily rage? Without the WH chefs forcing him to eat healthy?

Yeah.

He doesn’t smoke or drink and gets rich people medicine.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Trump rally currently playing a Linkin Park cover - specifically the one that goes "tried so hard, got so far, in the end it didnt really matter"

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Joey Freshwater posted:

Trump rally currently playing a Linkin Park cover - specifically the one that goes "tried so hard, got so far, in the end it didnt really matter"

God bless the guy who picks the music and clearly hates everyone who attends

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

He’s not going anywhere.

If we're talking about a 2024 run, it probably depends on the success of whatever grift he starts after he leaves office. If two and a half, three years from now he's still on TV as much as he wants and is still relevant and influential enough to be a kingmaker within the party, I think he's probably happy to just stay with that gig rather than going to the risk (of losing) and effort of another presidential run.

If he's afraid his power/influence are fading, he'll probably be more likely to run again.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jan 6, 2021

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Tucker Carlson / One of Trump's kids probably

Comedy answer: Our own senator Foghorn Leghorn.

Nov 6, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

He’s not going anywhere.

I think this will be an interesting test of the power of being an ex-president. Practically everyone who's left the oval office has nearly instantly vanished, politically speaking. Certainly part of that is ex-presidents going out of their way to just stay quiet and enjoy that sweet, sweet lecture circuit money.

But I wonder to a certain extent, how much sway Trump can still hold over the media, the Republican Party and his followers when he no longer has actual real power. He will no longer be the first mental calculation in any new piece of legislature or appointment, or policy decision. He's gone from the government.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Trump is going to be elected president in 2024 we all recognize this right?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Who is Joe Manchin and why is everyone suddenly talking about him?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Who's that comedian that does the racists puppets? Probably him.

I think he’s taking the cancel culture killed my routine path, so he’s on the way

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

If Kamala is the Democratic candidate in 2024, I think she loses to whoever the Republican is unless it's like, Roy Moore.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

a neat cape posted:

He is the most right wing senator with a D before his name, and in the past is usually the first person to defect from whatever dems are trying to do.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

a neat cape posted:

He's the most conservative Democrat in the Senate, from West Virginia.

I would guess he makes court packing a non-starter until 2022.

He's 73 years old and not up for re-election until 2024 if anyone was wondering.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jan 6, 2021

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

a neat cape posted:

Democratic senator from WV. He's on the far right end of the democrats, and could probably get elected as a Republican if he switched parties. Notoriously against pretty much all progressive policies some Dems have pushed lately.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

General Dog posted:

I would guess he makes court packing a non-starter until 2022.

He's gonna trip up any attempt to end the filibuster I'd imagine. Assuming Biden is even in favor of that.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Manchin's daughter was the CEO of the company that jacked up the cost of epipens by like 600%. That whole family should kiss the blade.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

He will also probably be the reason the dems don't push for anything progressive in the senate because "We can't get Manchin to vote for it!"

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Will Manchin torpedo the $2,000 stimulus?

Nov 6, 2002

How many R and D senate seats are up next cycle?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

I, for one, am over the moon about Mitch losing his iron grip on the senate.

otoh, very aware of this truth:

https://twitter.com/ruthlessreviews/status/1346670920060915713

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

15 (assuming Georgia results) D's and 20 Rs. Warnock's seat will be up again I believe.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Quick unrelated question: What do you call those outdoor holiday decorations that are inflated? SB calls them blow up dolls and....that's just not what these are.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

20 R's vs. 14 D's. Warnock is up for reelection in 2022 again. I would say Republicans will need to actively defend 6 seats (FL, PA, OH, WI, IA, and NC), while Dems will actively need to defend 2 seats (AZ and GA).

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jan 6, 2021

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

20 R's vs. 14 D's. Warnock is up for reelection in 2022 again. I would say Republicans will need to actively defend 6 seats (FL, PA, OH, WI, IA, and NC), while Dems will actively need to defend 2 seats (AZ and GA).

Oops didn't realize Warnock was already included in the count.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Bird in a Blender posted:

:lol: one of the first articles I found says the IA seat is loving Chuck Grassley who will be 89 years old, and Rick Scott WANTS HIM TO RUN AGAIN.

Politico posted:

“I hope Chuck Grassley comes back. He’s very healthy and I hope he comes back really strong. That will be really important,” said incoming National Republican Senatorial Committee Chairman Rick Scott of Florida in an interview. “I don’t think Chuck Grassley is beatable.”

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Will Manchin torpedo the $2,000 stimulus?

He won’t be able to.

That is going to get over 60 votes.

Getting rid of the filibuster? Oh yeah. He’s champing at the bit to kill that.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Braksgirl posted:

Quick unrelated question: What do you call those outdoor holiday decorations that are inflated? SB calls them blow up dolls and....that's just not what these are.

Non-sexual Christmas Holiday Definitely Not Sexy Blow Up Dolls

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Braksgirl posted:

Inflatables.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Also my extremely moderate hopes for a young, extremely online senator is a voice against copyright maximalism.

Nov 6, 2002

Blowjob Overtime posted:

:lol: one of the first articles I found says the IA seat is loving Chuck Grassley who will be 89 years old, and Rick Scott WANTS HIM TO RUN AGAIN.

Child's play compared to Strom Thurmond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Trump isn’t going to start his own network, he’s just going to try to buy OANN or something. He won’t even have to do any work on changing their programming since they’re just fellating him 24/7 already.