Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
One time I saw a game in Cleveland against the Astros in 2014 and a guy kept screaming "YOU SUCK GROSSMAN" of all people on the team. It's the only thing I've thought of every time his name comes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Shiroc posted:

One time I saw a game in Cleveland against the Astros in 2014 and a guy kept screaming "YOU SUCK GROSSMAN" of all people on the team. It's the only thing I've thought of every time his name comes up.

This is the proper way to heckle, as a mere mutlti millionaire instead of someone sitting on tens or hundreds of millions he's more susceptible.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

MLB notified teams that the start of some minor league teams will be delayed.

Single A and AA teams will have their seasons start later to avoid too many personnel at the ST facilities which will mean that the A/AA levels will start their seasons a month later and run a month later.

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1346817057573265408?s=21

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Shiroc posted:

This reminds me of one of my favorite heckling experiences ever. I was in the upper deck at Yankee Stadium in 2017, and some Bronx Teens were just behind us shouting "YOU TRASH HOLLIDAY YOU FAT PIECE OF poo poo" every time Matt Holliday came up. Also, every time a ball got fouled back they were lunging to see if it was going to hit someone and shouting "WHO GETTIN DRILLED?" They were also planning which NY Giants game they were going to get tickets to, with one kid saying "no, no, week 8, Saints, watch AP blow his knee out"

Those kids ruled.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Shiroc posted:

This was like when I saw a Jays game and a super drunk dude who passed out in the 6th inning, spent the time he was awake screaming "gently caress BUCK", as in Travis Buck. His career was entirely forgettable, but I will always remember him as if he was Hank Aaron.

There is a reason the Jays stopped the Toonie Tuesday promotion.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

more falafel please posted:

This reminds me of one of my favorite heckling experiences ever. I was in the upper deck at Yankee Stadium in 2017, and some Bronx Teens were just behind us shouting "YOU TRASH HOLLIDAY YOU FAT PIECE OF poo poo" every time Matt Holliday came up. Also, every time a ball got fouled back they were lunging to see if it was going to hit someone and shouting "WHO GETTIN DRILLED?" They were also planning which NY Giants game they were going to get tickets to, with one kid saying "no, no, week 8, Saints, watch AP blow his knee out"

Those kids ruled.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Shiroc posted:

I was in the bleachers at an Indians game against the Orioles and some drunk dude was giving the business to Luke Scott without mercy. About the 4th inning he goes “hey Scott! Is that 30 on your jersey the number of dudes you slept with?” and proceeded to get goon-armed out of the stadium by security.

The best was 1995 when we played the Twins in a 17 inning marathon. There were a bunch of Sigma Nu frat guys in the bleachers riding Kirby Puckett for a few innings and he was waving them off. One of them yelled out “your butt looks like you just ate a Puckett of chicken!” - he turned and yelled “all right I’ll give you that one”

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

God how old is that gif?!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

davecrazy posted:

God how old is that gif?!

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1318195534205681667

Over ten years old!

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Basically, yeah, but they were like 15. It was perfect for my only YS experience.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

This week I learned that Mountain Landis was the reason the character clause was written into the HoF.

gently caress that guy and I hope the non-racist non-anti-vaxxer assholes get in

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1347232801809117185

Uncle Stevie from the top rope.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Lfgm

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
this is developing quickly...
https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/1347234514070884352

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1347235225802309632

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I cannot believe Lindor and Carrasco are valued so lowly.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1347236878202896384

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Great time to share my fave Carrasco story ever:

"Carrasco shared in a Players' Tribune article some rather unusual experiences during his early time in the United States. In his first spring training, he ate Domino's Pizza every day for 90 consecutive days, because "it was the only thing I knew how to order." Domino's awarded him one month of free pizza for being their "best customer."

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy
https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1347238579400007683?s=20

I guess Rosario is in the trade too? I guess that makes sense.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 minutes!

Kirios posted:

I cannot believe Lindor and Carrasco are valued so lowly.

Salary Dumps rule

Wish the Phillies did this

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

lmao

https://twitter.com/howardeskin/status/1347235877798301696

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Mets... good?

Nah just kiddin', they'll do something boneheaded or have some freak injury and become :mets: again

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/enosarris/status/1347239610171019264?s=20

Sure abandoning the division to the Twins and White Sox might be tough for Cleveland fans, but at least they can take solace in the teams efficient payroll.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1347239431879749633

Strasburgs UCL posted:

I guess Rosario is in the trade too? I guess that makes sense.

Rosario hasn't exactly set the world on fire so far but yeah that makes a lot more sense from Cleveland's side

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I guess with a price like that, the Jays just couldn't have managed a competitive offer.

Now, let's go back to failing to sign George Springer.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
METS METS METS METS METS

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Strasburgs UCL posted:

Sure abandoning the division to the Twins and White Sox might be tough for Cleveland fans, but at least they can take solace in the teams efficient payroll.

I think you'll find they're just emulating last year's MLB Champions, the Boston Red Sox, and their star player Financial Flexibility

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Has any NL Central team signed a free agent that will be in the lineup everyday (or every 5th day)?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Mets fleeced the Indians here

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Mike_V posted:

Has any NL Central team signed a free agent that will be in the lineup everyday (or every 5th day)?

I'm sure Milwaukee will sign a bunch of bargain bin garbagemen who can play four different positions poorly right before spring training, just like last year.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Not a huge fan of giving up both young SS guys but gotta give to get and it’s a great return.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

A dark day in history. There's a drive into deep left by Castellanos and that'll be a homerun

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Kinda seems like they just threw Carrasco in to shed salary.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
They may as well just trade Bieber at this point too because he'll be on his way out before the team is any good. And Ramirez.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians
This is exactly the kind of outcome I expected and I’m still livid. They should be embarrassed at this point and so should Major League Baseball.

In one 3 month span we dumped one of the games’ best closers, a great setup guy, our on-base machine starting 1st baseman, our all-world shortstop, our second best starting pitcher, our starting second baseman - and we got.... TWO SHORTSTOPS??? And a two low-level prospects????

Less than 5 years ago, this was a young cheap team that came within a rain delay of winning the World Series and was a playoff contender every year since. This team is now Jose Ramirez (who’ll probably be deadline trade bait), Shane Bieber, and the Columbus Clippers.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Lfgm.

Also, the Cleveland Base Ball Team's opening day payroll is now about 38m. Sympathies to their fans and may fate gently caress the Dolans.

E: it's crazy to me that Carrasco is a salary dump, he's making 2/24 and has been ace quality every one of the last five years except 2019.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
lmao what a trade

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
You can at least argue the Cubs tried post 2016, the Indians were in a similar position with a young star studded team and they just gave up.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I'm glad I decided to forsake Cleveland going forward for Da Mets after they decided to keep the name another year. Love Da Mets Baby. We got a new shortstop and we're gonna win the Series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day
I really need to know what other teams, if any, were close on this. obviously the return is poo poo, but are the Mets and the Padres the only teams that are willing to take on salary right now?