Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Sub Rosa posted:

So no scum on the Hal lunch at all? No scum posts D1 at all?

I mean, yeah? There's no physical requirement for scum to be on it. I'd much rather actually look at how people reacted to the turbo instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Awkwardly phrased but like... still. Scum doesn't HAVE to be on it, it's likely but not a requirement.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

It's not impossible when there's a turbo like that.

You see this “poking from the shadows” poo poo and you assume it’s me Yami? You don’t know how to read me as town yet, do you?

I see the case on SNG but I don’t see how it’s any more convincing then the case on RF.

Realistically with how quiet Amni is, I’m beginning to think I’d rather go there, but

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SNG u scum

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

You see this “poking from the shadows” poo poo and you assume it’s me Yami? You don’t know how to read me as town yet, do you?

I am actually agreeing with yami and outright said I’m not convinced you’re scum

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

I see the case on SNG but I don’t see how it’s any more convincing then the case on RF.

Realistically with how quiet Amni is, I’m beginning to think I’d rather go there, but

Maybe, maybe not.

I disagree with SNG's case not being any more convincing than RF.

The case on RF is basically "opportunistic" as far as I can remember.

Whereas SNG is doing suspect as gently caress poo poo.

Either way I just can't see SNG and RF being the same alignment. So how about we flip one of em?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sigh.

Fine, flip one of us, though if I flip it won’t give you much. I’m town playing sloppily apparently.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Or we can just flip RF, who is likely scum, and y’all can turbo me tomorrow if you’re convinced. That way we take away at least one scum.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Rather than zero cause Yamis whole case seems to be built on me being scum and RF town.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Flip him, and that gives reads on Yami as well.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Idk.

I feel like RF would have hammered you already if they were scum in this scenario.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

sandnavyguy posted:

Rather than zero cause Yamis whole case seems to be built on me being scum and RF town.

Also this is a gross misrepresentation AT BEST lol.

My case isn't built on it, it's the conclusion I'm drawing from it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami you don’t think it’s weird at all that Amni is quieter than a church mouse?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

Yami you don’t think it’s weird at all that Amni is quieter than a church mouse?

They got their reads out, that's what matters more to me than the amount of time they are or aren't there.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Also the fact that SNG has been at -1 for a long time and sandwolf is trying to push every single scum read he has except for the one he supposedly has on SNG makes me think I hit the jackpot, not gonna lie.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Oh I’ve written SNG hammer posts three times now. My problem with voting SNG here is I’m effectively trusting you to have done my casing for me, cuz I don’t think SNG is scummy. But you also think I’m scum, and I’m not, so I have reason to be suspicious of your casing ability this game. It honestly kinda feels like you’re walking backwards from your conclusion because your refusal to even consider RF or Amni is very weird to me.

Amni “got his reads out” in one post where he didn’t substantiate anything and effectively gave himself free reign to vote anywhere tomorrow without looking contradictory.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Furthermore, RF is here sniping and encouraging bad ideas but isn’t actually meaningfully casing anyone.

But you still are of absolutely singular mind that it’s me and SNG.

Honestly Yami you’re gonna be a detriment to town in LYLO if you accept your own tunnelvision like this.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

SNG and probably Tommunist.

##vote SNG

Amnistar posted:

that would be the alternative to the "probably tommunist"

This is literally ALL Amni has in the way of “getting his reads out there,” Yami, this is really sufficient to you to get a town read on someone?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I'd def be down to switch back to Amni. I get being shy voting sng when Amni is the first vote. I expected Amni to come unvote after I put sng -1, and instead he just hasn't came back to the thread at all. But I'm still reading that more as Amni is going to try to spin this for town cred for this than I'm reading it that Amni voting there means sng is town.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

It's still better than what you are doing now, which is doing a lot of trying to convince me my read on you is wrong and not doing a lot of your own scum hunting (how about you give me a scum read that isn't RF or weak poo poo like "oh no amni is being quiet"?)

RF never is the most verbose player so the stuff you're calling him out here for is kind of weak. Like you call him out for "sniping" and "encouraging bad ideas" without properly explaining why. Make a proper case then!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sub Rosa don't, fairly sure Sandwolf just hosed up. Let me grab the quotes.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

Okay let me be more clear:

I don’t think Yami or Sub are scum

I’m not scum

I think your and Tommu’s votes on Hal are weak, with yours being slightly sneakier.

I’m suss of Amni and SNG but I think you’re a better target.

Nice try though ;)

Sandwolf posted:

Alright I feel even better about you now then. It was p much an arbitrary choice but basically I can see you hammering there as town or scum. I think if you were scum you’d have been happy to hide in the shade of my statements.

I’m more or less down to SNG, Amni, and RF rn

Sandwolf mentioned being sus of SNG MULTIPLE TIMES.

Sandwolf posted:

Oh I’ve written SNG hammer posts three times now. My problem with voting SNG here is I’m effectively trusting you to have done my casing for me, cuz I don’t think SNG is scummy. But you also think I’m scum, and I’m not, so I have reason to be suspicious of your casing ability this game. It honestly kinda feels like you’re walking backwards from your conclusion because your refusal to even consider RF or Amni is very weird to me.

Amni “got his reads out” in one post where he didn’t substantiate anything and effectively gave himself free reign to vote anywhere tomorrow without looking contradictory.

Except now he doesn't think he's scummy? Right when it actually matters.

SCUM DETECTED.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Like ffs people, think about it.

There is WAY too much weird poo poo happening around SNG and Sandwolf is doing prime scummy interference for SNG.

There is definite resistance to the SNG lunch, by Sandwolf who said he's got suspcious of SNG. Except now that is, right when his vote would have mattered.

And if RF was scum he could have hammered SNG ages ago, they literally were around a while ago.

SNG is loving scum.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Nah, this is town Sandwolf. He's been my strongest read every game I've played.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sub Rosa posted:

Nah, this is town Sandwolf. He's been my strongest read every game I've played.

Does he literally need to wear a neon sign that says "I am scum" for you to have a scum read on him or what.

He's literally contradicting himself, he can't both be suspicious of SNG which requires at least having read him and then say he'd need to trust my casing because he's not suspicious of SNG

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

He can speak for himself on the contradiction you are pointing out, but I've already posted why I think it's reasonable that his scum read on sng could have changed, which would be having a stronger read on Amni and Amni being the first vote on sng.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I literally don’t see what contradiction you feel is such a loving slam dunk Yami but I am desperately trying to get you to reconsider the loving game here.

I called SNG suss earlier but now I’m saying if I vote him it’s largely because you’re commanding the thread and loving demanding it. I wouldn’t be voting him based on my early suspicion. It’d be to hopefully get you to see that you’re being a loving moron but I have a feeling if SNG flips town you’ll use EVEN THAT as evidence that I’m scum.

So I’m desperately trying to get you to loving think with your active brain instead of walking backwards from a conclusion.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

I literally don’t see what contradiction you feel is such a loving slam dunk Yami but I am desperately trying to get you to reconsider the loving game here.

You say he's suspicious multiple times, say you've tried to hammer him a couple times, but then explicity say you don't think he's scummy. Do you seriously not a contradiction there?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

You say he's suspicious multiple times, say you've tried to hammer him a couple times, but then explicity say you don't think he's scummy. Do you seriously not a contradiction there?

I see you popping up to loving encourage Yami’s worst impressions again!!

I do think he’s suss (not as good as town in my mind as Yami or Sub Rosa, not as scummy as RF/Amni/maybe Tommu), but also you and Amni are voting for him with very little substantiation, so if my two strongest scumreads are voting for my less strong read... what? I’m supposed to just loving hammer anyways?

It’s not loving scummy to reconsider things, loving Christ

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Oh RF isn’t even voting SNG. RF isn’t voting anyone!! Phenom

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

I see you popping up to loving encourage Yami’s worst impressions again!!

I do think he’s suss (not as good as town in my mind as Yami or Sub Rosa, not as scummy as RF/Amni/maybe Tommu), but also you and Amni are voting for him with very little substantiation, so if my two strongest scumreads are voting for my less strong read... what? I’m supposed to just loving hammer anyways?

It’s not loving scummy to reconsider things, loving Christ

very little substantiation

>> I posted a case

two strongest scumreads are voting SNG

>> only amni is voting SNG out of your scumreads

???

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

I don't know about wolf but I definitely woke up ready to vote sng today. They are at - 1 now though so I won't, let's have some good discussion today and not make me regret it

guhhhjjjj

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

He has said he will but not ready to end the day

Retro Futurist posted:

I don't know about wolf but I definitely woke up ready to vote sng today. They are at - 1 now though so I won't, let's have some good discussion today and not make me regret it

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Also like, what caused you to reconsider SNG exactly?

Tell the class, please.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

very little substantiation

>> I posted a case

This is very obviously pointed at Amni and RF, Yami.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

Also like, what caused you to reconsider SNG exactly?

Tell the class, please.

Amni and RF being scummier.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Rosa, can you gimme some perspective on this moment?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

perhaps the reason for the no hammer is that both scum are already on it? Or, in the more likely scenario, in a game this small by not hammering it drives home that I “must” be scum and thus when I finally am hammered and flip town it will cast suspicion on those already voting.

My point is just because I’m not hammered yet doesn’t mean I’m scum, and to say so is blatantly ignoring these possibilities.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Wtf sng

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

This is very obviously pointed at Amni and RF, Yami.

And yet I'm not even voting him, so the entire basis for your thing here doesn't work.