Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

bump_fn posted:

middle eastern money is what floats london and therefore the UK and it flows through the city. sorry but its the rest that suffers and the people in charge in london will never care

hey now let's be fair, there's lots of russian oligarch money too (moscow on the thames)

scottish referendum 2.0 when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

The_Franz posted:

hey now let's be fair, there's lots of russian oligarch money too (moscow on the thames)

scottish referendum 2.0 when?

scotland has less of an industry than england and while i morally support the independence movement its not a good idea. scotland gets so much money out of england in the current situation and has pretty decent autonomy via the devolved government (far more than wales) and its cause they continually threaten to secede. and what are they going to do, join the EU? and be forced on the euro and have to implement harsh austerity for twenty years to join?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

bump_fn posted:

middle eastern money is what floats london and therefore the UK and it flows through the city. sorry but its the rest that suffers and the people in charge in london will never care
also russian money, don't forget one of boris's best friends [whose dad was the head of the kgb] is a baron of the realm now

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
today's circus act is starting

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/electoral-college-vote-certification-2020-01-06/

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

give me my 2k joe

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
god dammit. audio keeps cutting out. i want to hear the shenanigans!

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

IL Congresswoman: "Hitler was right"

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/1346878675929747456?s=20

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

skipping 3200 poasts to ask: did the georgian good guys win? did a coup happen yet? no i will not be googling anything

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

stonks up 5%, trump is doomed

it's the largest one day gain since nov 9 :xd:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

skipping 3200 poasts to ask: did the georgian good guys win? did a coup happen yet? no i will not be googling anything

warnock has been declared winner, ossoff has a narrow lead with 98% counted.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

bump_fn posted:

scotland has less of an industry than england and while i morally support the independence movement its not a good idea. scotland gets so much money out of england in the current situation and has pretty decent autonomy via the devolved government (far more than wales) and its cause they continually threaten to secede. and what are they going to do, join the EU? and be forced on the euro and have to implement harsh austerity for twenty years to join?

yup basically this

the only way it could be feasible is if both NI and scotland were to secede and join ireland in some kind of gaelic union, but i dont really see ROI being keen on that especially given the current shitheads that formed a government in dáil

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Ossoff needs another tenth of a percent to avoid a recount.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

bump_fn posted:

plus, as dumb as brexit is, for actual working class it is at minimum a wash, amounting to an exit from a largely neoliberal trade venture.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

bump_fn posted:

and what are they going to do, join the EU? and be forced on the euro and have to implement harsh austerity for twenty years to join?

if succession happens, probably, yeah

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

https://twitter.com/ElijahSchaffer/status/1346881968819105792

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

plus, as dumb as brexit is, for actual working class it is at minimum a wash, amounting to an exit from a largely neoliberal trade venture.
making food more expensive when there's less food security in the UK than at any point since there was rationing won't impact the working class?

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

bump_fn posted:

Scotland would at least get their own resource rights over their chunk of the North Sea, which includes some oil.

Which is why London would fight tooth and nail for it to never happen.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”
I'm pretty sure holding a two hour rally tell your supporters that the election was illegitimate and then telling them to march on the capitol is an actual coup attempt but what do I know.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i've seen clouds of tear gas and rubber cannons over nothing and they won't do it here

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i've seen clouds of tear gas and rubber cannons over nothing and they won't do it here

hmmm I wonder what the difference is

washington dc is probably the most secure spot on the whole planet, if they really wanted to shut this down they probably could in like 5 minutes

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

PIZZA.BAT posted:

lol remember when trump wanted his photo op at the church and the pigs dutifully parted the sea for him with clouds of teargas and less-lethal munitions?

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

yes I remember that

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

PIZZA.BAT posted:

The DC police have actual microwave guns and sonic cannons

Cook 'em alive I say

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

cops are chuds, why would they gas those red blooded americans exercising their freedom to democracy

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Here's a video of them using pepper spray at least

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1346883077524639748?s=20

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

as soon as i started reading about this happening, a bunch of cop cars went flying down the street outside

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/robjyeo/status/1346779661456601089?s=20

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

as soon as i started reading about this happening, a bunch of cop cars went flying down the street outside

you will pay for your posting crimes.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

President Beep posted:

you will pay for your posting crimes.

you can pry my g810 out of my cold, dead hands

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

krispy kreme donuts look good, but are sickeningly sweet and leave your stomach feeling terrible, and some grandmas are legit horrible people the world is better off without

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

The DC police have actual microwave guns and sonic cannons

Cook 'em alive I say

"haha, yeah, state sanctioned violence against people i don't like is great!"

*one year later, in a desolate field kneeling in front of a mass grave as the machine gun is loaded*

"how could this happen, i'm one of the good ones!?"

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the state already does violence to all the people I like so yes they should start doing it to those I don't like for a change

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

the state already does violence to all the people I like so yes they should start doing it to those I don't like for a change

america.txt

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

america can have a little tear gas, as a treat

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

america can have a little tear gas, as a treat

these protesters are hicks from the rear end ends of nowhere. no need to waste tear gas, a little mildly spicy food is more than enough to drive them off

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”
There's a reason they keep yelling "this is our house," they have an opinion on who America is and it isn't people like you, me, or anyone not in that crowd.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1346896084774346752

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this is fuckin wild

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

The_Franz posted:

these protesters are hicks from the rear end ends of nowhere. no need to waste tear gas, a little mildly spicy food is more than enough to drive them off

yes they are and they also strongly believe that they are the only kind of person allowed to be a "real american." they can successfully occupy government buildings while armed with little to no resistance from the state itself and have attempted to overthrow both state and federal government positions. just because they're dumb doesn't mean they're harmless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

it’s been a while since I’ve seen a coup attempt happen live