Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Zogo posted:

This goes without saying but there are so many thousands of knuckleheads on YouTube comments.

Yesterday there were dozens of comments with literally thousands of upvotes with the sentiments of "This was a publicity stunt done by the boyfriend!"

I assumed it was a botched murder by her boyfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Why's everyone being so coy about her medical condition, it's gotta be Covid, right.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Why's everyone being so coy about her medical condition, it's gotta be Covid, right.

I just read in an article they said it was a UTI that spread to many of the organs and was complicated by hepatitis C.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

When her death was first reported they were explicit that it wasn't COVID. They could've been wrong about that too though.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I'm glad someone else knows something from the first couple Human League albums. I obviously love Dare, but those two are very different but also great in their own ways.

This is one of my favorite covers that are better than the original.

Skwirl posted:

When her death was first reported they were explicit that it wasn't COVID. They could've been wrong about that too though.

The virus mutated. We got zombies now.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Detective No. 27 posted:

So, after her prematurely announced death and retraction yesterday, Tanya Roberts did in fact die today.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tanya-roberts-70s-show-star-dies-65-day-after-her-n1252839

Well that was weird

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I mean it makes sense in that if she was so near death she might die the next day. What was weird was the part about her partner assuming she had already died.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

"It's a trick. Get an axe."

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Sad, especially since it nearly coincided with Vinegar Syndrome's release of the Beastmaster on Blu Ray.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Baron von Eevl posted:

I mean it makes sense in that if she was so near death she might die the next day. What was weird was the part about her partner assuming she had already died.

from what I could gather, she was in the ICU, boyfriend was called in to say his goodbyes, he does so, leaves, tells his publicist that she either died, or just said that he was saying his goodbyes, her death was announced, then it turns out she was still alive, but was on her deathbed.

so she was apparently still alive when it was announced, but the doctors saw this coming very imminently, and the boyfriend got that message from it.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah, according to her partner he apparently heard she was fading, went in, there was some moment where she opened her eyes and reached for his hand and then her eyes closed again, and he just sort of assumed that was her dying?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
January's Movie of the Month is Terry Zwigoff's documentary "Crumb" about the controversial goon cult artist Robert Crumb.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Loyalist forces have breached the Capitol.

Watch Trump start a loving war.

Magic Pus
Mar 28, 2010

Baron von Eevl posted:

Yeah, according to her partner he apparently heard she was fading, went in, there was some moment where she opened her eyes and reached for his hand and then her eyes closed again, and he just sort of assumed that was her dying?

https://youtu.be/qocbtZGkazg

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I’ve never seen a thread move as fast as the Trump thread in CSPAM

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Lost livewatch threads moved eat faster, same with election night threads. But, yeah, it's up there.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

If this doesn't end with Trump committing seppuku astride a golden toilet I'm gonna be sorely disappointed.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

FreudianSlippers posted:

If this doesn't end with Trump committing seppuku astride a golden toilet I'm gonna be sorely disappointed.

More like seppoopoo!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I don’t know, I’d rather he was humiliatingly impeached and arrested.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

therattle posted:

I don’t know, I’d rather he was humiliatingly impeached and arrested.

I still think there’s zero chance of this happening

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I still think there’s zero chance of this happening

I know, but one can dream. There’s also zero chance of him committing seppuku.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Is there somewhere to get a summary and list of things happening with updates because there is just too much information swirling around.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Breaking:
The Trumpites have performed a blood sacrifice by the Washington monument causing it to rise from the earth revealing that the towering obelisk was merely the dilz of a gargantuan marble colossus which is now rampaging through Washington spewing clouds of noxious gas from every pore.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jan 7, 2021

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://mobile.twitter.com/mike_dougherty/status/1346924346778939394?s=21

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

:vince:

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
They're are people panicking on oz TV about how Trump has the nuclear codes, and could go hog wild but I imagine the dod has had those "listen, Nixon might call you and try to do some crazy poo poo, please call the Secretary of State if he tells you to do anything" rules since day one

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Pence and the Pentagon did an end around Trump today to deploy the National Guard and a whole bunch of people are resigning and rumors are swirling that the Cabinet is discussing the 25th. So yeah, they've had that conversation.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Imagine being like Sirhan Sirhan or the Unabomber and having to spend your brief yard time with q dorks

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Loyalist forces have breached the Capitol.

Watch Trump start a loving war.

I'm late to today's events because I literally slept through the entire thing, but I definitely want to grind this day into the faces of everyone who said Trump was "playing along for his base" or "trying to sell a book" or whatever nonsense when he started to refuse to accept the election results. The dude literally wants to overthrow democracy to remain in power.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Is anyone even remotely surprised that this happened?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Someday this will be useful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA_zo3u8kRs

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

https://screenrant.com/southland-tales-richard-kelly-directors-cut-details/

Oh my god. They're making this for me. :shepface:

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80eMhhWnWbk

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Lurdiak posted:

I'm late to today's events because I literally slept through the entire thing, but I definitely want to grind this day into the faces of everyone who said Trump was "playing along for his base" or "trying to sell a book" or whatever nonsense when he started to refuse to accept the election results. The dude literally wants to overthrow democracy to remain in power.

Well, I mean, so what? The only reason these guys show off like this is because they can and take selfies with cops. America returns to the regular nazi poo poo in 18 days.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I just realised two of my favourite very dumb very fun comedies, George of the Jungle and Kung Pow, have a lot in common.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Well, I mean, so what? The only reason these guys show off like this is because they can and take selfies with cops. America returns to the regular nazi poo poo in 18 days.

i tend to agree but otoh, the beer hall putsch was also a joke carried out by incompetents and amateurs and look what they went on to accomplish

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I watched Short Cuts and realized how much of it P.T. Anderson ripped off for Magnolia.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Basebf555 posted:

I watched Short Cuts and realized how much of it P.T. Anderson ripped off for Magnolia.

Yep. I love Magnolia but it's clearly a "homage" to Short Cuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segue
May 23, 2007

Note: when grabbing a movie supposed to be one of the decade's best called Sleeping Beauty, grab the Catherine Breillat movie, not the Julia Leigh pretentious erotic snoozefest.

I was very baffled why this had made a list. It's a sophomoric art film with a budget. Emily Browning is good but that's all.

Somehow have to track down that Breillat though.