Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GW22sAElpE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Love that sketch so much. Literally once got a Burger King strawberry milkshake in a drivethru right before midnight one night about 25 years ago in Talladega, then poured an airline bottle of vodka into it and the kid shouted GIRLY DRINK DRUNK FUCKERS

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

This country is hosed and I'm not sure how much I've drank since this afternoon. Now I'm eating storebrand poptarts because who cares.

:mcnally: is cool.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Goddamn I kinda miss the south at times like that.

Less the threat of dying to a murder randomly.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
:mcnally:

To McNally!

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

because nobody else would take this poo poo job :glomp:

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Plus he did that amazing shirt thing

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
3 oz reposado tequila
1 oz Simple syrup
.5 oz lemon juice
Orange and lime garnish
3 dashes bitters
4-6 oz ginger beer
.5 oz cherry juice and 1-2 cherries

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It's a shame trump would never try to register and post here because this pic would be topical.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Only if it hauls septic sludge.

E: I didn't see the tugs' name until after I posted.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
McNally tugging Trump?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Godholio posted:

McNally tugging Trump?

he's a handy guy

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Don't judge, muskets ain't cheap.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Melthir posted:

3 oz reposado tequila
1 oz Simple syrup
.5 oz lemon juice
Orange and lime garnish
3 dashes bitters
4-6 oz ginger beer
.5 oz cherry juice and 1-2 cherries

I've been doing:

1 part ST Germain
2 part Tequila
3 part peach juice

Then I get white girl wasted.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Well that's only going to make me drink more after a few dabs, thanks.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
drunk as gently caress on the nice page

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
woops

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

every page is the nice page in the drunk thread

you're good

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
:nws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU6MZvFZLek

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Getting some serious poop knife vibes there

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I'm not sending you one.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
https://youtu.be/I3UBxFqebaY

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

dishonored had a take https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urV8MIcLDFk

also been rolling this for drinking https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQbXO828Vio

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
I don't think it's worth it to try improving my lot in life anymore. I'm making $1500 in wages to try to cover $1100 in rent, and the future looks very bleak. I applied for just under 50 jobs this spin on the lovely-job-go-round and I got the call back for this one the week I finally decided to just leave my degree out of the application and cosplay disabled vet on the edge of homelessness. Luckily I had all the parts of the costume on hand, because I am a disabled veteran on the edge of homelessness. Now I spend half my waking hours alone in the middle of the night sneaking around the ghetto loving other people's lives up for the repo man and I wish I was dead. Let me off the ride, god, I've had enough

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

US Berder Patrol posted:

I don't think it's worth it to try improving my lot in life anymore. I'm making $1500 in wages to try to cover $1100 in rent, and the future looks very bleak. I applied for just under 50 jobs this spin on the lovely-job-go-round and I got the call back for this one the week I finally decided to just leave my degree out of the application and cosplay disabled vet on the edge of homelessness. Luckily I had all the parts of the costume on hand, because I am a disabled veteran on the edge of homelessness. Now I spend half my waking hours alone in the middle of the night sneaking around the ghetto loving other people's lives up for the repo man and I wish I was dead. Let me off the ride, god, I've had enough

hey dude, I'm 100% not qualified to give pointers or offer advice, but I know that even if you don't believe it people will miss you.

Carteret fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jan 18, 2021

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

US Berder Patrol posted:

It's rough, man. I get the struggle. I'm a lawyer with a masters degree and I made $20k in income last year.

You just gotta find a happy spot for you. You don't need to be rich. Just find your comfort zone and live your best life.

Also, yeah, you definitely need a job that's not being a repo man that's miserable work.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Hang in there man. poo poo's a mess and probably will be for a long time to come. Meanwhile, maybe get on the phone with the VA and start laying groundwork for some re-evaluations? Any increase can help. And they're turning them around pretty quickly right now compared to a decade ago.

Meanwhile, if you find yourself in the Springs sometime, let me know somehow. I can wrangle together a care package for you, so you at least don't starve. And maybe a little weed too, if that's your thing.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Carteret posted:

hey dude, I'm 100% not qualified not to give pointers or offer advice, but I know that even if you don't believe it people will miss you.

thanks, I need this

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also, yeah, you definitely need a job that's not being a repo man that's miserable work.

the job is such weird blade runner poo poo. It's a camera car and you try to scan 12-15k license plates a night, which is a bit of a challenge, honestly. I've saved the locations of dozens of apartment complexes with big parking lots and usually just make a route for myself before I leave so I don't have to hustle too hard. A laptop mounted in the car connects to a little verizon hotspot and pings all the tags against bank databases. The tow truck drivers basically bounce from one known address to another all night, and I'm out just netting bulk tags and geodata. Every once in a while, the camera car will find one in the wild, and when you get a bite, the laptop woops and there's a popup and you check is this the right car and so on. Maybe you have to hop out to check the vin on the windshield. There's a bit of lag, usually you have to back up ten or so feet to see what car it was. It was early in my shift, so I was in a walmart parking lot while it's still open just trying to buff my total, so I decide to just finish the parking lot and check on the way out. The tow guy is not gonna bother if the car is not like parked-parked, so not urgent. As I swoop back around, it's the car all right, a sensible little Nissan econobox. And there's a little old mexican lady on a cane putting her groceries in the back

and i was like gently caress this job and swiped left and have on every hit since

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Hang in there man. poo poo's a mess and probably will be for a long time to come. Meanwhile, maybe get on the phone with the VA and start laying groundwork for some re-evaluations? Any increase can help. And they're turning them around pretty quickly right now compared to a decade ago.

Meanwhile, if you find yourself in the Springs sometime, let me know somehow. I can wrangle together a care package for you, so you at least don't starve. And maybe a little weed too, if that's your thing.

Thanks, man. I know, I'm trying to keep myself emotionally steady, I know probably half the people out there are feeling this same dark psychic energy grinding on them. I've made some perma-couchsurf arrangements and emptied my savings to get out of my lease, so at least I don't have to worry about eviction and I can keep the lion's share of what wages I earn. I feel like such a failure, man. I'm in my 30's, honorably served, got a science degree, and now I have $600 in checking and have to live on other people's wealth wow i hate myself

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I couchsurfed a while too. It's alright to have a slump.

Kind of a poo poo suggestion, usually, but Home Depot should be hiring soon for seasonal push. Working freight isn't bad, just repetitive. Lowe's and other hardware chains will be taking on new hires too. Not a great job, but it's definitely a step up from repo work. Still usually a night job though.

I keep looking towards Alamosa for my next big move. Around 10k people there, middle of nowhere in the SLV, but rent is cheap and the jobs pay about the same as anywhere else. The cheap rear end land is what's going to draw me out there eventually. Rent's cheaper out there, all the basic small city stores and some chains to flesh it out. I'm just done with city life, I'd settle for a large town for the meantime, but I'm craving rural life again.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I couchsurfed a while too. It's alright to have a slump.

Kind of a poo poo suggestion, usually, but Home Depot should be hiring soon for seasonal push. Working freight isn't bad, just repetitive. Lowe's and other hardware chains will be taking on new hires too. Not a great job, but it's definitely a step up from repo work. Still usually a night job though.

I keep looking towards Alamosa for my next big move. Around 10k people there, middle of nowhere in the SLV, but rent is cheap and the jobs pay about the same as anywhere else. The cheap rear end land is what's going to draw me out there eventually. Rent's cheaper out there, all the basic small city stores and some chains to flesh it out. I'm just done with city life, I'd settle for a large town for the meantime, but I'm craving rural life again.

some of my besties bought a 5 acre plot in Alamosa County thru a tax lien a couple years ago for a few thousand bucks, and I think the "season" when the listings is coming up, so keep an eye on that. It's useless land, but nobody can make them leave it and it's right down the highway from GSDNPP and the wildlife refuges, so not a bad spot to camp besides the lack of facilities.

I'm feeling the same way on getting away from the city, though. Spending all night looking at all these overflowing dumpsters and broken asphalt and urban sprawl is taxing.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Alamosa is a little stricter on building code. Costilla or Conejos county are where I'll likely land. Yeah, the land is largely useless, but with enough acreage (35+) you can irrigate an acre. Every lot under that size, indoor use only, so my friend and I are looking for 80+ acre lots to split. You can put up to 3 houses on a 35+ acre lot without fighting with the county over it.

And when I say Alamosa is stricter, I mean it. You can have a trailer there, but the building permit fee is equal to 100% of the cost of the foundation and half the sale price of the trailer. Costilla, Conejos, Saguache counties don't give near as much a gently caress. Good way to keep trailers out of the county though.

Lots of reservoirs in the area, the Rio Grande, elk and deer are always walking around the valley. I don't care that the land isn't particularly good or the soil lacks loam in considerable quantities. Out there, I'll be able to coast on my disability after I build my doom dome shanty or whatever idiotic thing I settle on.

There's no real homesteading land like that, it'll be a nice place to slowly dessicate as I age though.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
I hate crypto and folk who defend it and would like to bottle them. I also like anxiety that makes me want to run back to the poo poo hole of western Maine.

Pine Cone Jones fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jan 19, 2021

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I hate crypto and folk who defend it and would like to bottle them. I also like anxiety that makes me want to run back to the poo poo hole of western Maine.

i saw a goon last week mention how he just accidentally fell into half a million dollars from a small crypto investment like it wasn't even a thing

it really drives a lot of complicated feelings when you see that poo poo. why invest in retirement accounts only to get murdered by cancer or a drunk driver before I hit 65? might as well just gamble on whatever lovely internet fad i see

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 19, 2021

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Fallom posted:

i saw a goon last week mention how he just accidentally fell into half a million dollars from a small crypto investment like it wasn't even a thing

it really drives a lot of complicated feelings when you see that poo poo. why invest in retirement accounts only to get murdered by cancer or a drunk driver before I hit 65? might as well just gamble on whatever lovely internet fad i see

If I think about how much money I could've made had I bought bitcoin when it was pennies a piece, back when the GBS thread about it came around 10ish or whatever years ago, I die inside. That, and not buying more Amazon, are in my top 5 biggest regrets.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Fallom posted:

It's the proselytizing that really bothers me about it. There's enough evangelizing about poo poo going on and I don't want to hear more. I'm so burnt out on poo poo it isn't funny.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Everytime I feel like an rear end in a top hat for not jumping on a stock or bitcoin I just remind myself about Zaurg and that whole mess with shitcoins and how he convinced himself he was gonna get rich off of it.
If you really need a reality check, or someone to reinforce your poor decision making, you can always lurk r/wallstreetbets. Pretty sure those guys are the only reason TSLA is so loving overvalued right now.
Also I've been putting like 8% of my pay in my 401k for 10 years, and I'm always a little disappointed when I look at my account statement, I really feel like there should be one more zero on the number than there currently is. I really hate that dieing at work is looking to be my most solid retirement plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I'm just laying at my dipshit "friends" who think this housing market won't collapse and I'm getting ready to literally laugh in some of their faces because they want to be landlords after I told them I found it reprehensible and foolish.

No worries, they're too broke to afford it, but the fact they've entertained the thought depresses me.