Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

Gensai observes the "perfect" formless and sighs at another idiot, fool, incompetent who did not even learn their fundamentals.

i don't think it'd be possible to fight formless unless you had an innate talent for the fundamentals actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Stairmaster posted:

i don't think it'd be possible to fight formless unless you had an innate talent for the fundamentals actually.

Gensai would just be looking at you with a glare of disappointment while carving a statue with one hand.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I don't think it'll happen but I really hope the other Niko doesn't kill gensai to prove he's the best or whatever

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Jose posted:

I don't think it'll happen but I really hope the other Niko doesn't kill gensai to prove he's the best or whatever

IIRC the other Niko is dead, Ohma's Niko killed him before the story started

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
were there only two?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

were there only two?

Presumably since the rest are said to have perished when Gaoh called them all into the forest. Tiger Niko credits Ohma's Niko for having done the deed.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

IIRC the other Niko is dead, Ohma's Niko killed him before the story started

I thought he escaped/wasn't there? Ohma was about to kill kiryu when Niko turned up

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jose posted:

I thought he escaped/wasn't there? Ohma was about to kill kiryu when Niko turned up

It's still left ambiguous, but Tiger eyes was said to have received a fatal blow but given how Ohma's own death turned out I don't think that matters much.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Brought To You By posted:

It's still left ambiguous, but Tiger eyes was said to have received a fatal blow but given how Ohma's own death turned out I don't think that matters much.

other way around. The Devil is how Setsuna refers to Ohma's Niko. Tiger Eyes died but dealt Niko a fatal blow. Everything else still stands, obviously, Setsuna can be wrong.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

finally learning a bit about the worm

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1154297/1

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Okay, so I don't entirely understand if the tigers vessel thing is even the goal of the worms at large or just Neko Niko's clique.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
EVIL IS ON THE MOVE (while 1 guy is an outsider ally and the other was a middle management weakling). At this point, Worm is just a gag about evil organization hijinks and failings.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

Legitimately expecting the Worm guys that we’ve seen to have been Trained Wrong As A Joke so the real ones can get things done. Xia Ji just seems to be constantly getting clowned on all of the time.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

JamMasterJim posted:

EVIL IS ON THE MOVE (while 1 guy is an outsider ally and the other was a middle management weakling). At this point, Worm is just a gag about evil organization hijinks and failings.

perhaps it is the Worm that is the real Gu

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Uncle Khasim posted:

Legitimately expecting the Worm guys that we’ve seen to have been Trained Wrong As A Joke so the real ones can get things done. Xia Ji just seems to be constantly getting clowned on all of the time.

Xia Ji getting pwned during every appearance he made is great

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I like that he's not some big badass, he's just a weaselly coward. There's some really cool choreography this chapter, Sekibayashi would have been proud of that elbow drop. Also I love how Lu Tian's crazy dodges have that liquid effect instead of traditional action lines, really neat touch.

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 31, 2020

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Uncle Khasim posted:

That seems to be what we're actually being shown here. Xia is a low level manager weenie who thinks he's hot poo poo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the beard is proud

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1162489/1

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I like the worm actually. The worm is an ancient rear end organization that has been around for a long long time. It is broken into basically squabbling factions that all think they are the hottest of poo poo.

And Xia getting infinitely dunked on is pretty good.

Also Agito is good.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Good stuff but I don't understand that throw on page 6 at all.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

jeez Agito is so cool

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
This is probably my favorite fight in Omega thus far. Agito slaps, and he's against someone who's making him bring on all of his strength.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
formless seems to mostly consist of rolling your shoulders around in a very exaggerated way

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

formless seems to mostly consist of rolling your shoulders around in a very exaggerated way
I don't know why they made the decision to exclusively represent formless as anything more than Agito's crazy face. The shoulder rolling made sense in the fight vs Gaolang because he was specifically using those motions to curb Gaolang's blows and throw him down. It also showed that his formless style was more loose and flexible in addition to him favoring seemingly wild swings when he wasn't copying someone else's fighting style. Makes it hard to see why one guy is doing better than the other since they both look to be doing the same motions 90% of the time and Agito just started eating more hits.

The fact that two fighters regularly are turning into liquid rubber however gets a chuckle out of me.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Gensai's 0 for 2 so far on predictions right? "This is a good matchup for Rihito" and "this is a bad matchup for Agito".

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Gensai is a bimbo. Pretty dumb guy. Got some sweet moves though

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Real big fan of

Agito just plain ol' turning into some sort of water rubber snake here

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

LeSquide posted:

Real big fan of

I love those animation smear style panels, really helps get across how fast and fluid the action is.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Old Man Katahara - "I did everything that I could to restore his humanity, including pitting him against other fighters in borderline-anything-goes matches for money and influence, where he killed eight and maimed many others over the course of his career."

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

In this fight we answer the age old question: Min Max vs Spread Out Stats

Seems like the answer is shaping out to be Spread Out Max Stats

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

LeSquide posted:

Real big fan of

Someone, put Venom's face on that

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

so i went back to read the omega chapter where raian and ohma release/advance and what lu tian is doing is definitely the release

edit: the ashura art makes it less clear but ohma's eyes only went black after he'd been in the advance a while and his veins didn't bulge so much

Jose fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 11, 2021

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Newest Danberu is out and it's an entire chapter dedicated to the 2nd best character in the series. "Hell's Deva" Marvelous Seki. The actual best character is Sekibayashi Jun of course

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wow I wonder who this Jaguar guy is... He's really tall and tubby!!!

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

This wrestler from hell is really considerate!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the art is so loving good

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1170338/3

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I wasn't ready for

short hair Setsuna

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I wasn't ready for

short hair Setsuna

Yup, looking good though

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh huh, so turns out that the Wu is not linked to the Worm at all and Edward is a traitor while Alan isn't part of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Plutonis posted:

Oh huh, so turns out that the Wu is not linked to the Worm at all and Edward is a traitor while Alan isn't part of them?

makes me think that raian is going to lose