Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

The creator may be a huge chud, but I'll be damned if the intro/theme song for the Dilbert show isn't really goddman good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpivIYJFjd4

That's because Elfman reused the theme from Forbidden Zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/JamesUrbaniak/status/1347452429428686850
Reveal yourself Rusty Venture

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

On the bright side, they already replaced two voice actors on the show so if they need to replace him it's not like it's unprecedented. They'll just have to do another trip to the clone farms.

I'm conflicted on how they should handle it. On the one hand Early is an important part of the show since his actions drive the plot a lot of the time but on the other hand Baker's performance is so ingrained into the character that anyone else doing it would be distracting. I could see them maybe doing something that splits the difference where they write Early off but replace him with a similar character from another branch of the Cuyler family tree.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Mr. Mayor is very funny

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It is I, him.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Finished the last season of Sabrina, overall it was an improvement over the previous season, but still not great. Even though the set and costume people clearly had a lot of fun, it also feels clear that the writers had run out of ideas, it’s for the best that it ended now.

Escobarbarian posted:

Mr. Mayor is very funny

I thought it was a generic bad American comedy, but I may have had too high expectations after The Good Place.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Is anyone else watching Dickinson Season Two, (WHICH IS BACK, ~wooo) and if they are, is Pico Alexander meant to be doing a Trump impression, or have my brains finally drippled out my nostrils?

Oasx posted:

I thought it was a generic bad American comedy, but I may have had too high expectations after The Good Place.

Yeah, I got this vibe very strongly from the trailers, though I've not checked it out yet.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s a Tina Fey show, it has funny Tina Fey-esque lines, definitely not “generic bad sitcom” at all

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I was gonna give Mr. Mayor a chance because Ted Danson, but glad to hear its good

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

So uh, where can I stream Nick?

https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...q7jy-story.html

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Romo's great, he's going to help that kid out a lot. It's a neat idea.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

swickles posted:

I was gonna give Mr. Mayor a chance because Ted Danson, but glad to hear its good

It is not good at all. I think I got maybe one chuckle from it. I mean, they're already mining the bottom of the barrel with gags like "Oh, look, Ted Danson accidentally got high on edibles, he thought they were just gummy bears! Dur hur, that's hilarious!"

I know the project spent a long time in development hell--it was originally developed as a 30 Rock spin-off that had Jack Donaghy becoming mayor of NYC--but given the pedigree of the creative talent and the cast, someone somewhere should have said, "Wait a minute ... this isn't actually funny."

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Roku has confirmed that they are licensing most of Quibi's content to stream for free on their Roku Channel.

https://deadline.com/2021/01/roku-confirms-quibi-deal-global-rights-streaming-shows-1234667170/

Sucks for anyone that actually paid for a sub last year (oh wait, no one did which is why it died.)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I enjoyed Mr. Mayor too, and appreciated the double episode to start things off.

It really feels like the single cam sitcom on network TV is fading away, might not be a bad thing as the talent just seems to be going to avenues with a bit more flexibility.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bill Hader says that because production on season three got delayed they ended up completing all the scripts for season four of Barry.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1347641848286818307

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Isn't the 100 prequel just "the news"

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

zoux posted:

I was hoping that got cancelled, trying to keep up with all the twists has been hard lately.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I also wish the news was cancelled

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

There was a backdoor pilot in the final season where the idea was that it followed the group that eventually becomes the Grounder civilisation.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Which sounds dumb as hell. Pass.

Daedo
May 5, 2002

That last season was so long ago (especially in the year that was 2020) but didnt they spend a large part of the final season basically building up to this spinoff?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, the Grounder society stuff was never the high point of the series.

Daedo posted:

That last season was so long ago (especially in the year that was 2020) but didnt they spend a large part of the final season basically building up to this spinoff?

Not really, they spent a lot of the last couple of seasons in the future but after Crisis they rebooted that timeline it so that really didn't go anywhere.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jan 8, 2021

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Excited as hell about Barry though.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Timby posted:

but given the pedigree of the creative talent and the cast, someone somewhere should have said, "Wait a minute ... this isn't actually funny."

Felt the same way about that Space Force show. How did so many funny people make something so bad?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

muscles like this! posted:

Not really, they spent a lot of the last couple of seasons in the future but after Crisis they rebooted that timeline it so that really didn't go anywhere.

Though, they did spend one full episode of an already truncated final season as a backdoor pilot not really connected to much of anything else since it was in the future. Seems kind of a waste now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bull3964 posted:

Though, they did spend one full episode of an already truncated final season as a backdoor pilot not really connected to much of anything else since it was in the future. Seems kind of a waste now.

The 100 did the same thing and it looks like Black Lightning is doing it too for their Painkiller spin off. CW just likes backdoor pilots.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’ve almost finished season 2 of YOU. This show loving rules

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Really the only backdoor pilot I can think of that wasn't super annoying was when Barry Allen was introduced on Arrow. It helped that the original plan was that the Flash stuff would pay off at a later date so it didn't feel super forced.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yeah they were going to do a traditional backdoor pilot, but instead CW just ordered the Flash to series. Iirc, the episode where Caitlin and Cisco show up was originally intended to be the Flash pilot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

Yeah they were going to do a traditional backdoor pilot, but instead CW just ordered the Flash to series. Iirc, the episode where Caitlin and Cisco show up was originally intended to be the Flash pilot.

Flash cheated, Barry was in two whole episodes of Arrow and got struck by lightning before he even got his show. That was like a sidedoor pilot.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1347677865677115399

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Well now I’m intrigued. The Endless and Resolution are solid, but I rewatched Spring recently and it does not hold up.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I love them and I think they kind of really fit the Moon Knight idea of a more psychological/personal thing with supernatural settings and events.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Felt the same way about that Space Force show. How did so many funny people make something so bad?

I have a hard time understanding why people think its funny. Either Steve Carrell was doing a terrible job thinking it was great, or the writing and directing for his role was so bad he didn't put up a fight and just did as he was told.

The whole "stick it to both sides Congress" scene has aged phenomenally poorly as well given the current climate.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Head's up for anyone who doesn't regularly check the MST3K thread:
https://twitter.com/jonahray/status/1347632135197270018
Jonah Ray has recorded an interview/commentary for MST3K: the Movie with Trace Beaulieu and Kevin Murphy.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

gently caress yes I love Moon Knight

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

pentyne posted:

I have a hard time understanding why people think its funny. Either Steve Carrell was doing a terrible job thinking it was great, or the writing and directing for his role was so bad he didn't put up a fight and just did as he was told.

The whole "stick it to both sides Congress" scene has aged phenomenally poorly as well given the current climate.

It was poorly aged a long time ago

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Letterkenny is funny if I am high.

Carry on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust