Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Huego posted:

Cannot wait for the 30+ minute egg sandwich digression we're guaranteed to get during that WLM.

Fun fact: Margot Robbie is actually allergic to chicken eggs so they had to use duck eggs for that scene. For some reason, that's one of the few things that stuck with me from my Hot Ones binging spree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

AceOfFlames posted:

Fun fact: Margot Robbie is actually allergic to chicken eggs so they had to use duck eggs for that scene. For some reason, that's one of the few things that stuck with me from my Hot Ones binging spree.

man duck egg sandwich sounds good as hell

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

i can confirm a duck egg/bacon sandwich is bomb. we had/have a restaurant that served them. no idea if they're still around due to covid.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

thrawn527 posted:

I really like both? But think they're not even comparable, so that's weird.

They're both DC movies and have people wearing costumes and capes so in a lot of people's (dumb) minds, that makes them worthy of comparison. Not helping is the fact that the MCU did such a good job with their cinematic continuity and...I dunno.... "house style" that all of their films can be compared to each other rather easily since the crossovers are all pretty blatant and the whole thing was meant to tie together from the start and carefully planned. I don't think its a stretch to say that DC struggled with that aspect of their film making or that most movie goers will automatically compare BoP and MoS just because "DC".

I really enjoyed Man of Steel also but it would never occur to me to compare it to Birds of Prey or Suicide Squad. One thing I'll give the DC movies over Marvel is they have a lot more stylistic and tonal range, for better or for worse. The only Marvel films that separate themselves from the pack much at all are Dr. Strange and the Antman movies.

Huego
Mar 12, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AceOfFlames posted:

That fact is fun, ty.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Does anybody know what happened to the March 2017 mailbag? It's the one where the guy gets caught jerking it to Grown Ups 2. It's not listed on their website, nor is it on the art19 site.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Andorra posted:

Does anybody know what happened to the March 2017 mailbag? It's the one where the guy gets caught jerking it to Grown Ups 2. It's not listed on their website, nor is it on the art19 site.

Here you go, I'm assuming the reason it was more annoying to find was that they forgot to actually put 'WHM Mailbag' in the title on the RSS. No idea what about this one would make it excluded from the actual episode page on the website though.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Did anyone else buy a ticket for the live show? It’s my fourth “live show” from home thing (bought tickets for two Oh Sees shows and a Kaytranada set). It’s not a bad way to do things for now.

Andrew dropped that Karate Kid 2 is on the docket for February.

dorium fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jan 5, 2021

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

dorium posted:

Did anyone else buy a ticket for the live show? It’s my fourth “live show” from home thing (bought tickets for two Oh Sees shows and a Kaytranada set). It’s not a bad way to do things for now.

I probably will I just don’t know if I’ll be able to watch live

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Ahhhh now this is the content I’m here for. The angry energy gives me life.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Literally what I was coming in to post. Getting two of them right off the bat in full “gently caress this movie” mode means we’re in for a treat.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

dorium posted:

I did. I was probably going to, but considering how much they were plugging it during their Green Room I wanted to help a little.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

“Remember it’s ok to like a movie.”
“Not this time.”

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Holy poo poo, I am SO HERE for Birds of Prey as the WLM. They are on FIRE these last couple months.

I want them to finish off the BTTF trilogy though. We got 2 as a WLM like two years ago.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

I want them to finish off the BTTF trilogy though. We got 2 as a WLM like two years ago.
This isn't your fault, but it was less than year ago.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Timeless Appeal posted:

This isn't your fault, but it was less than year ago.

Time dilation is a bitch :smith:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Cael posted:

Literally what I was coming in to post. Getting two of them right off the bat in full “gently caress this movie” mode means we’re in for a treat.

My indication that this was going to be good was Angelica literally starting the podcast by lighting up on mic.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jan 5, 2021

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Downloading this thing right now so I can listen on the way home, I am so fuckin hype

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
That was a hell of an episode. Did it set a new record for length? If it didn't then I feel like the next time Angelica is on they might since this was almost 3.10, the last time she was on they went to 2.42 and the time before was just over 2 so if the trend holds...

Btw are we sure it's not canon that Wonder Women mate for life?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
It's a good episode and the movie actually is real bad and dumb.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
"Billy Wilder could come back from the dead having written a movie just for her and she would loving fail at it!"

:drat: :drat: :drat:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The Gal Gadot impression quickly morphing into their Werner Herzog impression is killing me.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Kinda surprised at how shallow a reading of the movie that was. I don't like DC, don't like WW, don't like WW84, and I still thought that was mostly a tepid take. I think I'm starting to grow out of, "wouldn't it be cool if" in movies, especially super hero movies, that were already made. I respectfully scroll past goon's "how i would fix this movie: in the comic arc..."
Still made me laugh. Maybe it was just whiplash from so many episodes recently being about movies that own.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
If it's a shallow reading, then it matches the movie perfectly. WW84 is the most obvious example of "Ehh gently caress it, let's just shoot the first draft of the script, who cares" in a long time.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
That's absolutely fair. I honestly just think it was whiplash after WLM, thinking more on it.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Firstborn posted:

Kinda surprised at how shallow a reading of the movie that was. I don't like DC, don't like WW, don't like WW84, and I still thought that was mostly a tepid take. I think I'm starting to grow out of, "wouldn't it be cool if" in movies, especially super hero movies, that were already made. I respectfully scroll past goon's "how i would fix this movie: in the comic arc..."
Still made me laugh. Maybe it was just whiplash from so many episodes recently being about movies that own.

Its easy to do this when there’s decades of history and content and writers throw it all out to make the dumbest possible poo poo.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

What exactly was shallow about it? They covered most of the points people didn’t like about it.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Holy hell the WW84 episode was loving savage. Angelica especially sounded both mad and disappointed at how lovely the movie was.

Pops Mgee posted:

The Gal Gadot impression quickly morphing into their Werner Herzog impression is killing me.

I was thinking more Arnold Schwarzenegger, but yes, Werner Herzog works too.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Nikaer Drekin posted:

If it's a shallow reading, then it matches the movie perfectly. WW84 is the most obvious example of "Ehh gently caress it, let's just shoot the first draft of the script, who cares" in a long time.

To out myself as a Netflix trash-watcher, that prize goes to The Kissing Booth 2. But this is definitely the highest-budget example in ages

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

I was thinking more Arnold Schwarzenegger, but yes, Werner Herzog works too.

Every impression has at least one twin, except for the Keanu.

My brain is telling me there's a fine line between Jesse Ventura and Jim Belushi for example.

jojoinnit fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 7, 2021

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

jojoinnit posted:

My brain is telling me there's a fine line between Jesse Ventura and Jim Belushi for example.

Nah, the Jesse Ventura one is clearly deeper :v:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I just wanna also say that the Gleep Glossary comes out at around 10pm for me and I'm really enjoying this month's edition of Uncle Eric's Story Hour before I go to bed.

I had to listen to the intro several times to figure out who was talking cause their voices all tend to blend together for me. I’m a Patreon subscriber but I’ve only seen a couple of the YouTube mailbags and they all kinda look similar anyway I’m sorry :ohdear:

🎵Mister Bones and Me, tell each other fairytales...🎶

jojoinnit fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 8, 2021

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

jojoinnit posted:

I listened to the Abraxis episode after it was just uploaded to youtube, and they have that exact issue since they're both in that movie.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I think their Depp impression is pretty singular.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Nolte has no twin that I can think of.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I like when they do Nolte so much in a single tangent, to capstone it Andrew has to really STREEEEEeeeeeeeeettttch and run out of breath. loving hilarious. Steve doing the bit where he's telling Eddie Murphy he has to detail the car he's been farting in stands out in my mind when I think about the bit, though.

I also loving love that their touchstone for Depp impressions is Secret Window. Some might go for fake british accent Johnny, but Secret Window is the clear winner for making fun of drunk wife beaters composed mostly of scarves, imo

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Their Depp can dip into Robin Williams at times

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Pops Mgee posted:

Nolte has no twin that I can think of.

The time they did Nick Nolte as Forrest Gump I laughed so hard I nearly peed myself. I thought Steve and Andrew were gonna burst some very vital arteries, they were squeezing it out so hard.

Oh, and let us not forget the kinship between Holly Hunter and Gary Busey, of course.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Their Nolte rants in Hot to Trot brought me to tears of laughter in the metro. Yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

BigglesSWE posted:

Their Nolte rants in Hot to Trot brought me to tears of laughter in the metro. Yep.

CAN YOU IMAGINE?! CAN YOU IMAGINE ME AS A SEX SYMBOL?!?!?!?!

DID YOU GET WET DURING 48 HOURS?!?!