Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

it's just powerlessness and conspiracy brain funneled through projection and idol worship

trump gives zero fucks about these people, or doing anything to anyone in power, because the rich have class consciousness

and trump almost certainly has raped underage girls, if not just really wanting to

but somehow he's the anti-pedo crusader who's going to take it all down, not a complete avatar of all the things qanon people claim to hate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

i thought onion was one of the things you used to relieve the effects of tear gas. i am not an expert.

i have also read that nothing is better than flushing with fresh water and that people using milk and onions and things are not helping themselves.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

fart simpson posted:

ill be honest here. i barely know what q anon actually is. i can infer through posts on sa that it’s some kind of ultra right wing conspiracy theory group?

The reactionary third of Americans want to murder anyone who isn't like them.

qanon is a fantasy justification for doing that. They essentially believe that anyone who isn't like them is a pedophile child eater and that Trump will round them up any minute now and execute them all on live television.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

fart simpson posted:

well, i find the idea that a bunch of powerful politicians are sex criminals or even pedophiles to be plausible at least

there are plenty of cases in modern history where its factually true

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

there are now several members of at least the next house of reps who are associated w/ or believe in various q-anon theories. i don't know if there are any senators yet but people like cotton or cruz are getting closer. it's a furtherance of tea partiers like gohmert, they led to the current fringe gopers on the way

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

i thought onion was one of the things you used to relieve the effects of tear gas. i am not an expert.

i have also read that nothing is better than flushing with fresh water and that people using milk and onions and things are not helping themselves.

That means that either:
A: She's dabbing her eyes with onion to make them tear up and look like she got rekt
B: She came in specifically prepared to get gassed and still folded like a wet napkin when poo poo got real

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

fart simpson posted:

ill be honest here. i barely know what q anon actually is. i can infer through posts on sa that it’s some kind of ultra right wing conspiracy theory group?

it started as someone inside the white house making a bunch of intentionally vague nostrodamus-style shitposts on 4chan to deliberately rile up people with brain problems and it eventually morphed into a big-tent conspiracy party where everyone could just make up whatever they wanted and have it validated

basically no matter what happened in reality they just make up poo poo to explain how trump is actually a mastermind taking down the illuminati/lizard people/whatever

it then culminated with a bunch of idiots then believing they'd be able to overthrow the government just by seizing the capitol and daddy trump would then implement his master stroke

turns out he was just a gameshow host conman and they accidentally committed little a sedition, as a treat

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My wife's uncle was faculty at Cornell and her aunt was a kindergarten teacher, boring rear end boomer libs, but they sent a New Year's card to my wife's dad / stepmom about how "the stench of the Trump administration is on it's way out."

Stepmom went apeshit, tore it up, then retrieved it from the trash and taped it back together. They're showing it to the rest of the family and shrieking about how they got "hatemail" and they've "lost a sister and a brother to hate"

Boomers kick rear end

it's overreaction because they love to feel persecuted by other people who have committed the terrible injustice of having opinions in front of them

klosterdev posted:

Who's ready to find out on January 21st 2021 that the stock market's performance this past year was because of a President-powered Ponzi scheme held up by debt shuffling in a scheme to get re-elected and the federal government is actually worse-than-broke

wonder where the treasury secretary will be over the next 13 days. sudan, then israel over the last few

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

fart simpson posted:

if there is a high level pedophile ring that donald j trunp is aware of, I would be very surprised if he wasn’t an active member

no no he's a part of it so that he can take it down from the inside

DUH

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

The reactionary third of Americans want to murder anyone who isn't like them.

qanon is a fantasy justification for doing that. They essentially believe that anyone who isn't like them is a pedophile child eater and that Trump will round them up any minute now and execute them all on live television.

yeah this is a more succinct description

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Broken Machine posted:

there are now several members of at least the next house of reps who are associated w/ or believe in various q-anon theories. i don't know if there are any senators yet but people like cotton or cruz are getting closer. it's a furtherance of tea partiers like gohmert, they led to the current fringe gopers on the way

i mean we're at the point where we have to acknowledge there's no material difference in actually believing in q-anon poo poo and just cynically using it for riling up your base. every senator who was objecting to the electoral college is guilty

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

prisoner of waffles posted:

wonder where the treasury secretary will be over the next 13 days. sudan, then israel over the last few

We still haven't heard the scope of the Solarwinds hack that hit various agencies and I recall Treasury was one of the big ones that got sacked with it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

when do we get to the point where the GOP is not taken seriously anymore and a replacement has to be found? like how do you sit across the aisle from a qanon chud and take them seriously in matters of national importance? how do you listen to shouts of “fake news” and flat out bald faced lies and be like “yeah, that’s the other half of one of the most powerful institutions on the planet. sometimes they get a bit silly tee hee hee”

what the gently caress

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

cuz ur both rich

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

when do we get to the point where the GOP is not taken seriously anymore and a replacement has to be found?

america will never run low on idiots so never.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

when do we get to the point where the GOP is not taken seriously anymore and a replacement has to be found? like how do you sit across the aisle from a qanon chud and take them seriously in matters of national importance? how do you listen to shouts of “fake news” and flat out bald faced lies and be like “yeah, that’s the other half of one of the most powerful institutions on the planet. sometimes they get a bit silly tee hee hee”

what the gently caress

not until things are changed such that they can't consistently use voter suppression to win significant seats with minority votes

so never

Apr 7, 2003

Pay attention to what the GOP accuses their opponents of doing because it’s 100% what they’re planning to do. This time a year ago they were screaming about a “democrat coup to overturn a lawful election.”

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

when do we get to the point where the GOP is not taken seriously anymore and a replacement has to be found?

lol

funny joke

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

fart simpson posted:

if there is a high level pedophile ring that donald j trunp is aware of, I would be very surprised if he wasn’t an active member
the biggest lie of qanon is that there's a few "good" rich and powerful people who aren't disgusting monsters continuously doing felonies

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

what the gently caress

to me it's a clear signal that they're not actually in charge, they just do what the talking point memo from their handlers says. you wouldn't trust anyone like that to pick out a can of soup at a store [they'd probably come back with cat food] let alone set and negotiate complex policy and budgets for a giant powerful country. trump was supposed to be the most useful idiot of them all but I think the conservative influence groups forgot that his ego is more important than anything else on the planet to him. they did get a lot of what they wanted

I think the funny thing is going to be all these other morons fighting each other to inherit trump's people

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

if that were a point is was possible to reach, it would have been reached. it isn't and you will see people in actual clown costumes and big red noses sitting in the chambers and having a vote in the workings of the nation

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

https://twitter.com/jimtews/status/1347179139535667204?s=21

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

the Q stuff is less like a cult than it is like Protestantism, with its smorgasbord of different varieties to choose from. am I a Q guy who thinks the USA is ruled by a cabal of a few dozen dems, or the type that thinks 800,000 kids are kidnapped every year and delivered to pedophiles using Wayfair?

frankly the "rich people are pedos" part is the grain of truth that suckers people into buying the bullshit

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC...ingawful.com%2F

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC...ingawful.com%2F

PIZZA.BAT posted:

:qq: we just wanted to call the election illegitimate why is everyone mad at us :qq:

Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

I think the funny thing is going to be all these other morons fighting each other to inherit trump's people

Trump doesn't matter in the end, the issue is that 30-40% of America hates the rest of America and will rally around anyone who promises to hurt them.

You can't have a functioning nation when a third of it only wants to hurt the other two thirds. They don't give a gently caress about their lives, their children, their communities, nothing, only hurting anyone who isn't like them.

This summer I did a lot of cycling in the back country and went by a lot of shacks like this

just festooned with Trump poo poo. he didn't make their material conditions better, but he did hurt other people, and that's all they care about.

If they can't have America to themselves, they'll burn it down on their way out.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Apr 7, 2003

Like, if you go to conservative social media they will tell you that they don't consider people who aren't like them American or even human, that the president has no obligation to represent fake America, and that they want to see everyone not like them removed or genocided. They don't hide it.

That's why bringing up uneven violence against wednesday's insurrection compared to violence against BLM is pointless. They'll agree that BLM protestors were treated more harshly and they'll tell you it's necessary to keep violent animals in line.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

truly, what if a democratic party president were to incite an armed insurrection? what of the precedent?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

honestly i've kind of coasted through this entire thing feeling like it was a very tense rubber band snapping back, a reversal to perception and reality aligning again. until i read this, and now i'm fruitlessly genuinely mad as hell.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

honestly i've kind of coasted through this entire thing feeling like it was a very tense rubber band snapping back, a reversal to perception and reality aligning again. until i read this, and now i'm fruitlessly genuinely mad as hell.

it's aggravating how predictable it is

Apr 7, 2003

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

If nothing happened to put this down wednesday night / thursday morning, nothing will happen to put this down.

This is just the beginning.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Like, if you go to conservative social media they will tell you that they don't consider people who aren't like them American or even human, that the president has no obligation to represent fake America, and that they want to see everyone not like them removed or genocided. They don't hide it.

That's why bringing up uneven violence against wednesday's insurrection compared to violence against BLM is pointless. They'll agree that BLM protestors were treated more harshly and they'll tell you it's necessary to keep violent animals in line.

remember palin and “real america”

Apr 7, 2003

Sending powerful psychic waves to all the people who called me a doomer

Apr 7, 2003

bump_fn posted:

remember palin and “real america”

A large percentage of people who post in this forum have never actually spent any time in rural areas and it shows.

The lib fantasy of sending blue voters to red areas to sway the demographics, for instance, is laughable because those people would be driven out or quietly murdered and left in a ditch by the locals.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

If nothing happened to put this down wednesday night / thursday morning, nothing will happen to put this down.

This is just the beginning.

sure, but on one level i invite this not being the end of troubling times with real stakes. what i had let myself forget is that doing anything about it would set a ~~troubling precedent~~.

like, i genuinely don't think that loving guy will be some greater problem in the next few years, but i did underestimate his ability to pop up and make sure that the meaning of words would never be even part of a solution.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

reactionaries hate anyone who's different from them, including other reactionaries. we saw this on wednesday.

trump, being so dumb and empty of any actual philosophy other than greed and narcisssism meant people could project their personal pet crazy issues onto him. now that he's shown he's such a coward he'll apologize to twitter just to keep getting attention they've lost their totem. the conservative space can't properly live without trump or someone like him, though, they need a god emperor daddy and there's nobody to take his place. whoever succeeds will somehow be even worse but I don't think they'll have the lightning in a bottle we just saw

sure, the trump flag and maga hats, like the stars and bars, will remain the symbol of the angry loser probably forever but I honestly think things are changing. that said it's not like the capital class will lose, they'll just slowly move away from the white supremacy angle and find something else

Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

reactionaries hate anyone who's different from them, including other reactionaries. we saw this on wednesday.

trump, being so dumb and empty of any actual philosophy other than greed and narcisssism meant people could project their personal pet crazy issues onto him. now that he's shown he's such a coward he'll apologize to twitter just to keep getting attention they've lost their totem. the conservative space can't properly live without trump or someone like him, though, they need a god emperor daddy and there's nobody to take his place. whoever succeeds will somehow be even worse but I don't think they'll have the lightning in a bottle we just saw

sure, the trump flag and maga hats, like the stars and bars, will remain the symbol of the angry loser probably forever but I honestly think things are changing. that said it's not like the capital class will lose, they'll just slowly move away from the white supremacy angle and find something else

Nah, this is the beginning, not the end.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

fart simpson posted:

its more believable than any q poo poo given donnie two scoops was pictured dozens of times with two known pedophiles/sex traffickers, but that somehow surely factors in his favor in their conspiracies

PIZZA.BAT posted:

…lizard people…

i know the intention isn't that here, but it angers me that this term became a casual phrase because of its use as coded language for anti-semitic views and feels uncomfortably at-home with the other q crap

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I just realized that in like 10 or 15 years there are going to be shithead tweens wearing these cool vintage red hats that were like, my dad's, from back when this guy named Donald Trump was president (he was like, I don't know, kind of a streamer before they invented twitch and you could only stream one thing at a time in your living room? Lol)

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

quietly murdered and left in a ditch by the locals.

no, it’ll be quite public

expect lynchings to get an upswing leading in to 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

I just realized that in like 10 or 15 years there are going to be shithead tweens wearing these cool vintage red hats that were like, my dad's, from back when this guy named Donald Trump was president

this is still a hugely optimistic take, imagining the conflict will be over in the next few years to be reappropriated.